Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

The Gorp posted:

So it turns out rushing the 34 strength and 30 faith required for Mourne's Hammer places you at a level where it basically 2-shots anyone. You get to play with all low level people too, because at +3 or so it doesn't lock you out of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V9o0fDUlyw

As it happens this weapons L2 is a straight upgrade to Wrath of God. More damage, more range, and near-infinite poise. Why does FROM hate magic?

So it's basically wrath of the gods in hammer form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

voltcatfish posted:

I think they already said the firstborn was Andre awhile back

I will slap you

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

MrLonghair posted:

Invaded in the Undead Settlement, host and sunbro summon ran back to spawn and have stayed there for 15 minutes now :allears:

They outnumber you. If anyone should be afraid in this situation it's you, not them :psyduck:

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Based on absolutely nothing I'm going to guess that the DLC's will focus on Ludleth and Londor. Maybe we'll fight the Soulfeeder.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The DLC is confirmed to be a dating sim of all the best Souls Waifus, and the second DLC is a MOBA.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

Hamsterlady posted:

They outnumber you. If anyone should be afraid in this situation it's you, not them :psyduck:

This has been happening to me a lot more than it used to. That and straight up not being able to find people for like 20 minutes. One guy sent me a PSN message that just said "Leave".

I did find him before long. We had an intense battle. He just about won. I sent him a message of Nathan Drake airpunching, and he sent back "ggwp", so it has a happy ending.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

The DLC is confirmed to be a dating sim of all the best Souls Waifus, and the second DLC is a MOBA.

Wait, no DARK SOULS 4: ARENA? I thought a 3D fighting game would be the natural progression here.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

He can't be a hollow because he's not a human, he's a deity. Hollowing is a phenomenon that is exclusive to humans, as far as we know.

Gwyn was a hollow at the end of DS1.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Tamayachi posted:

Wait, no DARK SOULS 4: ARENA? I thought a 3D fighting game would be the natural progression here.

Lol this tard picks Solaire, runs mid and doesn't skill sunlight spear hahaha

omg our Gwyn keeps sitting in the kiln typing "guys I can't get embers"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I want to tongue punch Artorias' fartbox.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
I can't do it - I can't do the fat angels on top of the archives; I can't do the Ancient Wyvern :negative: I'm finally Dark Souled by DS3.

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

Just a perfectly normal farm hand.

Internet Kraken posted:

He can't be a hollow because he's not a human, he's a deity. Hollowing is a phenomenon that is exclusive to humans, as far as we know.

Gwyn.

Wagrid fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 24, 2016

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Lol this tard picks Solaire, runs mid and doesn't skill sunlight spear hahaha

omg our Gwyn keeps sitting in the kiln typing "guys I can't get embers"

report Pinwheel for picking Pinwheel

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Don't Giants go hollow too? Or are they also descended from Manus?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Ancient Wyvern isn't even a boss fight

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

jon joe posted:

report Pinwheel for picking Pinwheel

Pinwheel mask of the father Aura is OP as gently caress, and his wheel skeleton summons are basically free hero damage, idiot.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Don't Giants go hollow too? Or are they also descended from Manus?

I read somewhere that giants don't hollow, they turn into trees because they've escaped the cycle or something. Could just be the DS2 giants?

Then again the people in Undead Settlement are also turning into trees so :shrug:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Oh man I love the Dark Sword in PVP, I get parried, yet the host still gets the damage :allears:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

So anyone have some fun early game builds? I want to make a character for farron watchdogs and another for Aldrich. So I guess I'm looking for fun sl 30 and 60 builds.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Tamayachi posted:

Ring of the Untrue http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Untrue+Dark+Ring

Untrue Dark Ring from Yuria

Thanks duder

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I can't do it - I can't do the fat angels on top of the archives; I can't do the Ancient Wyvern :negative: I'm finally Dark Souled by DS3.

Do them one at a time you big baby. You should know how to pull enemies in this game. Come on.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

kikkelivelho posted:

Ancient Wyvern isn't even a boss fight

You can fight him like a normal boss if you like, he goes down in like 5 mins if you're hitting his tail/head

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

ShadowMar posted:

pretty sure patches doesn't try kill greirat

In Patches tradition, he tried to kill him once by trapping him, then became his friend when he discovered that he survived.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Ineffiable posted:

So anyone have some fun early game builds? I want to make a character for farron watchdogs and another for Aldrich. So I guess I'm looking for fun sl 30 and 60 builds.

torch and pitchfork, worker clothes, ring to look like a non-phantom

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Wait, that's a thing? Where can I find it?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

angels: you can use rapport on them and they will kill each other and let you beat them up

ancient wyvern: try running and then try plunging attack

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Just a quick spoiler for the Ancient Dragon, does the gimmick involve the bell at the end of the hall? I can't seem to make it do anything but I'm dying too quickly out in the open to really get a feel for if something is happening.

I mean I'm just assuming there is a gimmick and it isn't meant to be a two hour fight because drat.

OH I JUST REALIZED WHAT PLUNGING MEANS. I saw those signs and thought it meant do a running attack at the bell. Plunging is not lunging.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

kater posted:

Just a quick spoiler for the Ancient Dragon, does the gimmick involve the bell at the end of the hall? I can't seem to make it do anything but I'm dying too quickly out in the open to really get a feel for if something is happening.

I mean I'm just assuming there is a gimmick and it isn't meant to be a two hour fight because drat.

There is a gimmick, but the bell isn't involved. Run past it, head left and keep moving.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Yesss carry on the tradition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ecS0yKnNLA

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

i beat deacons of the deep am i done in the cathedral or is there another boss in here? if there's no lord boss in here is it all just optional or does clearing it have an effect?

also how to i pull up the last giant gate in the cathedral? the one you can use as a bridge?

Nope that's it, they're not optional though because you need that key item they dropped.

If you haven't found the Fingers covenant yet that's still in the Cathedral.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Is there a point to raising the gates in the cathedral of the deep

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

voltcatfish posted:

I know one of them is a bridge to Rosaria, but I have no idea what the other one does. I hear it might be for kiting the giant that's by the Drang gear over and trapping him so you can safely loot everything and move up to the Deacon area, but I've never done that.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I probably died to the Ancient Wyvern 5 or 6 times before I discovered that you could go to the left. Somehow I didn't see that bridge at all and kept trying to find somewhere to interact with the environment.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The Cleric's Candlestick is a really good weapon, and hitting someone with a soul stream is amazing.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Why is there only one hex catalyst? That's dumb

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just noticed that the estus flask graphics go from full to less full the more you chug. That's neat.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

jvilmi posted:

Game's been network erroring like crazy on Xbone for a few hours now, anyone else? Infinite loading screens all the time and it's throwing me back into menu from most pvp encounters now, gäh

Same, it's driving me crazy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

voltcatfish posted:

I think they already said the firstborn was Andre awhile back

don't troll.

voltcatfish posted:

they were kinda dumb because one you raise is in an empty area so i figured you had to lead the giants over there and then raise it to trap them.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

kikkelivelho posted:

Why is there only one hex catalyst? That's dumb

There's only one dark pyromancy catalyst, IE the vanilla pyroglove (there are multiple cut versions of ones that are specifically better for hexes).

Chimes have Sunless Chime + Caitha's Chime, Catalysts have Izalith Staff + Archdeacon's Staff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I hate this fucker after the Pontiff fight, all he does is summon phantoms all day and hold up that dumbass Havel shield. And this is the fourth time it's made me invade him. Why is indicting not a thing in this game