Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Gigi Galli posted:

I've just read that those were actors and not the actual players. I'm trying to salvage some dignity where I can here.

It's an Italian team, of course they're actors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Healbot posted:

It's an Italian team, of course they're actors.

:effort:

That guy that was sobbing at Totti's penalty the other day got to meet him:

"I couldn't figure out why I was crying, I couldn't stop and I was getting a little ashamed of myself. I asked myself, why am I doing this? Am I getting all worked up over a goal? Then I realized how much I love this team and this sport."

Also lol at Totti wearing a shirt that says "Die Young".

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I missed the news that Di Francesco signed a 3 year contract extension with Sassuolo. I suppose that doesn't completely eliminate the possibility that he'll move to a bigger club, but it certainly makes it less likely. I wonder if Milan deciding to go with Brocchi into next season might've pushed this to happen.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

I missed the news that Di Francesco signed a 3 year contract extension with Sassuolo. I suppose that doesn't completely eliminate the possibility that he'll move to a bigger club, but it certainly makes it less likely. I wonder if Milan deciding to go with Brocchi into next season might've pushed this to happen.

Nobody seems to believe that Brocchi will be the manager at the start of the season except me, I think. The press all think that he's going to be replaced. Sassuolo are smart to lock di Francesco in to a deal as it'll cost someone more to poach him. Same thing as a player really.

Also Sassuolo to Milan would be a bit of a downgrade at this rate. If Sassuolo can keep their players, and I think thy can for most of them, they're only going to get better.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Eder scored a garbage time goal to put inter up 3-1 and I bet Conte is scrambling to find the pen to put ten of him on the team sheet.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Ooh, the early match tomorrow is Frosinone - Palermo. Pretty huge impact on the relegation zone.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

trem_two posted:

Ooh, the early match tomorrow is Frosinone - Palermo. Pretty huge impact on the relegation zone.

:ohdear:

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Palermo pretty dominant so far. But then, they have usually played decently, until they have gotten behind and then just fallen apart.

Not a lot of big chances for any though. Reasonable reaction:

https://i.imgur.com/3nmAqQw.gifv

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Apr 24, 2016

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
YES.

Maresca really added a lot to the Palermo team, fantastic performance by him, bringing some leadership to the midfield.

http://i.imgur.com/41hebJx.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/ihj5WSj.gifv

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That's a big win, but Palermo have to win or draw one more and hope Carpi drop points somewhere.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Carpi's schedule does not exactly look great for them, while Palermo still got Verona left. I believe. A little.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Woodenlung posted:

Carpi's schedule does not exactly look great for them, while Palermo still got Verona left. I believe. A little.

Please murder and desecrate the corpse of Verona, thanks.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
that was a wild goal line scramble for Samp's 2nd goal

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Chiellini is going to be out for 3 more weeks with his knee injury. End of the season for him, I suppose.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
uff, bad call, Bernardeschi was onside I think

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

trem_two posted:

uff, bad call, Bernardeschi was onside I think

Agreed, those calls should always be judged as onside imo

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
phwoar

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

gently caress this poo poo sport forever

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Khedira has been playing so well, that was a great pass. Good stuff all around on that goal.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

canepazzo posted:

gently caress this poo poo sport forever

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Unfortunately I'll have to watch the 2nd half later on tonight. This has been a good battle so far.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

That was Rugani's first ever yellow card in his 53 matches

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

gently caress yes!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

gently caress you!

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

:lol:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Make up call?

Doesn't matter Gigi owns

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Suck my dick!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Suck my loving dick. I'm out. gently caress this goddamn game. gently caress this goddamn team. gently caress Italy. gently caress you.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

Suck my loving dick. I'm out. gently caress this goddamn game. gently caress this goddamn team. gently caress Italy. gently caress you.

You should be used to it by now.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
That was some legitimately terrible officiating throughout the game. The linesman got nearly every decision wrong.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

You should be used to it by now.

The difference between you and I is my hope hasn't died yet. Though its on life support.

trem_two posted:

That was some legitimately terrible officiating throughout the game. The linesman got nearly every decision wrong.

loving A right

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Make up call?

Doesn't matter Gigi owns

Thanks!

I was at a wedding but I heard that the referees were bought and that Kalinic is a fraud? De Laurentiis must be furious.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Soulex posted:

gently caress Italy. gently caress you.

Thread title for next year (this year is already over)

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

The difference between you and I is my hope hasn't died yet. Though its on life support.

Nah, the difference between you and me is that I know how it is; you are following Fiorentina since a few years (and coincidentally, you're in one of our best periods); I've seen relegations and bankrupcy, I've seen losing 7-3 to Milan and 4-2 at home to Vicenza. This defeat is not even one of our top 100 worst, just the refereeing at the start was poo poo and made me super ma (and the fact they clumsily tried to compensate in the end was even worse; I would have preferred to have the goal allowed than a fake penalty in the 90th).

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

Nah, the difference between you and me is that I know how it is; you are following Fiorentina since a few years (and coincidentally, you're in one of our best periods); I've seen relegations and bankrupcy, I've seen losing 7-3 to Milan and 4-2 at home to Vicenza. This defeat is not even one of our top 100 worst, just the refereeing at the start was poo poo and made me super ma (and the fact they clumsily tried to compensate in the end was even worse; I would have preferred to have the goal allowed than a fake penalty in the 90th).

I'm not arguing that, nor insinuating that it's one of the worst. I throw my heart into this team so I get irrational. Yeah, it's one of he better times to be a viola fan, especially after ADV and co bought and remade the team. I wasn't there for the build up through leagues, and I haven't been there for Coppa Italia wins. You have. You told me how you threw a shoe at a cop or something, and that's rad. It was a quip that might have been taken out of context.

I get how it is, and the fact that I should know better instead of blindly grasping onto hope filled dreams of recreating the 4-2 win at home or causing some kind of upset. poo poo officiating always seems to come around, and when it's for you, you forget. You only remember when it's against you. And yeah, Bernadeschi should have been ruled onside, and Alonso should have had a pen awarded for that bullshit Rugani did on that one corner.

I may be relatively new to this team and sport in general. I didn't grow up with this, and I drat sure didn't grow up in Florence. I didn't choose this team on a whim. It's important to me through a city I love and have stayed at a bunch. Visiting the Franci is easily one of the highlights in my adult life, and I've bled and breathed purple for years. I don't consider myself a plastic because there is literally no other team I support as aggressively as this one. I don't care about Madrid, I ignore what happens in England for the most part, and MLS is too weird to actually follow.

I'll always be proud in purple. Win or lose, screaming because I'm pissed or happy. This is my team too, and you don't leave when the going gets rough.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

F

Soulex posted:

I'm not arguing that, nor insinuating that it's one of the worst. I throw my heart into this team so I get irrational. Yeah, it's one of he better times to be a viola fan, especially after ADV and co bought and remade the team. I wasn't there for the build up through leagues, and I haven't been there for Coppa Italia wins. You have. You told me how you threw a shoe at a cop or something, and that's rad. It was a quip that might have been taken out of context.

I get how it is, and the fact that I should know better instead of blindly grasping onto hope filled dreams of recreating the 4-2 win at home or causing some kind of upset. poo poo officiating always seems to come around, and when it's for you, you forget. You only remember when it's against you. And yeah, Bernadeschi should have been ruled onside, and Alonso should have had a pen awarded for that bullshit Rugani did on that one corner.

I may be relatively new to this team and sport in general. I didn't grow up with this, and I drat sure didn't grow up in Florence. I didn't choose this team on a whim. It's important to me through a city I love and have stayed at a bunch. Visiting the Franci is easily one of the highlights in my adult life, and I've bled and breathed purple for years. I don't consider myself a plastic because there is literally no other team I support as aggressively as this one. I don't care about Madrid, I ignore what happens in England for the most part, and MLS is too weird to actually follow.

I'll always be proud in purple. Win or lose, screaming because I'm pissed or happy. This is my team too, and you don't leave when the going gets rough.

Fair, but don't claim that "I lost all hope" please next time.

On a different subject: how will Roma feel about giving the scudetto to Juve tonight by not letting Napoli win?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

No probLem

Like I said it was a joke, and it didn't go well or translate how I anted it too. I'm not very good at them

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Roma should feel good about it because they will actively be denying inter a place in the champions league and there's no point in worrying about Juve inevitably winning because they deserve it after their insane run of games. Everyone else has done this to themselves.

canepazzo posted:

I've seen losing 7-3 to Milan and 4-2 at home to Vicenza.

drat this is extremely good, haha

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Can't wait to get out of a boring meeting this morning, hear that Juve have won the title, and then go right into another boring meeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

drat this is extremely good, haha

Vicenza one was the first time in my life I saw a player score 4 goals in a match - Otero!

Actually you reminded me of 2004, when we lost SIX-nil in Milan, and the day before our manager Buso had announced he had created a fool proof plan to contain Kaka.

If I remember right, Kaka got into like 5 of those 6 goals (without scoring at least so the cage obviously worked).

Biggest loss ever for me is 8-2 in Rome versus Lazio. Ouch at that one. We lost 4-0 next year with Ranieri claiming to be happy to have halved the deficit, and won 4-1 the year after, weird escalation.

Biggest win I remember is a 7-1 versus Ancona. So let's hear from the other teams - biggest defeat and biggest losses you witnessed?

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 25, 2016

• Locked thread