Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

If a sword to the mid section can't stop Whitebeard, it cat stop All Might

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Gyges posted:

So we're cool with the months long time skip at the beginning of this manga, but nothing after that? Can we be satisfied by a series of short time skips interrupted by a couple panels showing minimal development, which will later be set to music in the anime?

Time skips are fine and nothing to worry about. They're no more horrible than any other trope or storytelling tool. It's all about how you use them.
The 8 month montage was before he even joined UA. I'm fine with shorter movements (we've skipped 1-3 weeks on a regular basis) but generally in my experience those 1-2+ year timeskips are complete poo poo in anything but stories centered around long progressions of time/full lifetimes/etc. I just flat out have an aversion to them.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
My personal bet is on Shigaraki disintegrating him.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Once the WSJ version is out could somebody post the last page here? Mangastream's poo poo cleaning made it into a mass of black and I'm sure there's something interesting there, just like that time Deku saw the ghosts of OfA during the tournament.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kyte posted:

Once the WSJ version is out could somebody post the last page here? Mangastream's poo poo cleaning made it into a mass of black and I'm sure there's something interesting there, just like that time Deku saw the ghosts of OfA during the tournament.

It is a mass of black. It's identical to Kurogiri. He even has the white eyes and the collar.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Well that's kind of disappointing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

The 8 month montage was before he even joined UA. I'm fine with shorter movements (we've skipped 1-3 weeks on a regular basis) but generally in my experience those 1-2+ year timeskips are complete poo poo in anything but stories centered around long progressions of time/full lifetimes/etc. I just flat out have an aversion to them.

The story is at least covering the several years of High School, possibly longer depending on the definition of academia used. Considering they're all teenagers even a couple months skipped due to a school break can result in large physical changes.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

There's no particular reason to expect a big timeskip here.

Bakugou's reaction to All Might failing is more concerning.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Oh and apparently Himiko's name was rendered readable in pun form in the latest chapter so we can get a glimpse of her power.

Toga Himiko:

渡 (Migrate) 我 (Self) 被 (Wear/Put on) 身 (Somebody) 子 (Child)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

LostRook posted:

Oh and apparently Himiko's name was rendered readable in pun form in the latest chapter so we can get a glimpse of her power.

Toga Himiko:

Possession or shapeshifting, I'd guess. Power copying is already taken.

Doesn't seem like a very useful power for her, to be honest. Girl doesn't exactly have the sort of personality you'd want for an infiltrator.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Darth Walrus posted:

Possession or shapeshifting, I'd guess. Power copying is already taken.

Doesn't seem like a very useful power for her, to be honest. Girl doesn't exactly have the sort of personality you'd want for an infiltrator.

That depends on exactly how it works. For instance if her quirk copies both the appearance and mind of the target it could be used to get information, or good for spying as a sort of sleeper agent. Or if the power copies both the target's appearance and their quirk that could be really powerful.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

LostRook posted:

Toga Himiko:

Yeah everyone's names were in there this chapter.

Shigaraki's reads kinda cool IIRC when you just read the translated characters put together. Something like "branch of the tree of death".

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I figure if/when All-Might dies, it won't be to a villain. He debuted rescuing dozens of people from a disaster--I think he'll die the same way, saving innocent people. Maybe your classic situation where the villain puts a bunch of people in danger in order to get away.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Maybe she can act but usually doesn't bother.

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

Kyte posted:

Well that's kind of disappointing.

I think that last page was more for tone/emphasis rather than his actual face.

Just so I'm on the right page - we've seen AfO's face once before, right?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

In a manner of speaking. Everything from his lower lip up is scar tissue. No nose, eyes or ears.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

Kinda sorta.

What's left of it.

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

Serious Frolicking posted:

In a manner of speaking. Everything from his lower lip up is scar tissue. No nose, eyes or ears.

Ahhh now I remember.

Jesus christ what is it with this manga? First a human teenage ninja turtle, then a kid with no lips, and AfO? :stare:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
disfigured people are evil

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

All might is emaciated and has only half his organs and is good.
Also ectoplasm has a weird exposed skull face.

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014

Tollymain posted:

Next plot point: kill all undesirables

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

I Love Annie May posted:

The Mangastream fanart section hits again!

You post this, but neglect to include this...thing?

It makes me wonder, not for the first time, what persuades the group to include the fanart they do. Is it nepotism? Do the artists ("artists") submit it? It's just so jarring to scroll down another disappointing chapter of Bleach and suddenly see a bishounen Kenpachi.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

kinmik posted:

It makes me wonder, not for the first time, what persuades the group to include the fanart they do. Is it nepotism? Do the artists ("artists") submit it? It's just so jarring to scroll down another disappointing chapter of Bleach and suddenly see a bishounen Kenpachi.

Nothing strikes greater fear into one of Yuuei's top students than Big Bean Burrito night

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

kinmik posted:

Tollymain posted:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Bakugou is not even a Stain fan.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Mr. Fowl posted:

I figure if/when All-Might dies, it won't be to a villain. He debuted rescuing dozens of people from a disaster--I think he'll die the same way, saving innocent people. Maybe your classic situation where the villain puts a bunch of people in danger in order to get away.

like now?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Bakugou is not even a Stain fan.

He never met stain and never cared that his classmates did. I doubt he has even thought about stain beyond "oh yeah I could totally beat him up".

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
re:AFO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UzLgdb1GQ

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Interviewer: "What is your stance towards the schism that the beliefs of the herokiller Stain have caused recently?"
Bakugou: "Who?"
*explosion-rockets into the horizon*

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mr. Fowl posted:

it'll probably be because his power runs out, as has been a running theme throughout the whole manga thus far. dude has a time limit

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Manatee Cannon posted:

it'll probably be because his power runs out, as has been a running theme throughout the whole manga thus far. dude has a time limit

Doesn't stop Kotetsu from being both a great superhero and a terrible father.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Hey come on now, he was a moderately okay dad.

To other people's kids. And sort of his own.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Who?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Watch Tiger & Bunny

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

For real though, Tiger & Bunny is super good and well worth a watch, either dub or sub. The movie (Rising) is also great. Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning is kind of a summary of the series and can be skipped.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Baal posted:

Watch Tiger & Bunny

This.

Also, Kotetsu is so awesome he inspired me to cosplay him and even make myself a superhero stick-on domino mask. It's shiny.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I did not take the gym uniforms as being blue. They were always black in my mind.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Man, the end of anime ep 4. Like ... Yeah, it's your dream. But you don't know how badly your dream is going to gently caress up your life. Your body is gonna get wrecked. ALSO TSUYU AND ASHIDO NEXT EP.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I've been reading more of it. I admit, Bakugo is better written than most characters in his archetype, but I dunno if I can say I actually like him yet.

I think there's issues with how much of an unrepentant rear end in a top hat he is, but it does at least feel more honest than other characters he can be compared to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Bakugou is a shitlord and the only disconcerting thing is how incredibly nice Deku is towards him even after all that lovely bullying he went through.