Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Beatrix's Thunder Gloves and Auron's Shimmering Blade! My X synergy gets stronger.

I'm happy to have an SB for Beatrix, but I'm going to be chasing Quina's HotE to put the Qu in my party and the Banner it's on has the Gloves and the Ultima Sword that I already have ...3.

Honestly happier with the 2 4* XIII staves I got because that will literally be my best Staff when combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

First 0/11 since Black Friday. And I used real money. That stings, but it wouldn't have stung as badly as a normal-priced one.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.
Huh, got Sephiroth's Coat. Looks like a nice piece of light armor, but how's the SB?

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
my lucky draw luck is historically below average, so.

need 1 more myth, guess I'll run one of the dailies I had been skipping

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

I don't have any of these characters :( Please don't tell me Sepiroth, Bartz, or Sabin are special event characters.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I got Zack's Buster Sword. It seems like a decent SB and I'm happy to have some more VII synergy that isn't an event item, so I can't complain.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
0/11. Hopes raised, and promptly dashed, thanks game. Can't wait for the conspiracy theorists to raise an uproar on this one's draw rate.

Crashdown Abyss might actually be painful compared to Ultima, given my lack of powerful physical soul breaks. But it does give me a good excuse to play with Drill and Windburst, so glass half-full.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Thought I wouldn't pull on this one, but figured what the hell...Genji Blade, Gauntlet (Zell) and Healing Grimoire.

Could be worse, especially since I was gonna start levelling Gilgamesh anyway :)

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I paid for the Lucky draw and got seven 4* and four 3* :saddowns:

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Well I didn't BRICKED from the Lucky Draw, but I got Gungnir for Kain.

Too bad, I kinda wanted something to help for FF7's Rufus.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Defender for Steiner

My IX synergy is real good at this point so I guess I should jam my Coral Sword into something else

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
drat, all y'all getting relics that are my dream relics is making me sad. I mean, i got Jecht's bandanna, which is not bad, but seriously. Jecht?

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Dark Sword (IV) for Cecil and... Mythgraven Blade (IV) for Cecil. Whomp whomp whomp.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Thor's Hammer. Well. That's okay. My V synergy is basically Kotetsu. That's not too bad.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Tae posted:

I don't have any of these characters :( Please don't tell me Sepiroth, Bartz, or Sabin are special event characters.

June for Sabin, July for Sephiroth, and probably early August for Butz.

Sephiroth's Katana could help you with the current 7 event though, regardless if you have him or not.

Edit: There's a Soul of Hero in the Nightmare Dungeon, but that might be hard to get for you. There's one in the Palom/Porom event which should be easier to grab.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 24, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

And thanks to the nightmare dungeons, Bartz is now double broken :toot:

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007
Sin Talon and Seifer's Coat, sweet sweet synergy :)

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus gently caress, 300 mithril and change for 2 generic 5* relics during FFT... three 4* and eight 3* relics on this "Lucky" Draw

If they're trying to dissuade me from ever spending a dime on this game including 100 gem pulls, it's working

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Edgar's Partisan and Lightning's Peacemaker! Now I just Soul up the latter in time for EXP day!

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

Only one 5* but Kaiser Shield gently caress yeah! :toot:

Same. :toot:

The last 100 mythril I spent on the FFT banner got me only a single off-banner 5*, but this makes up for that let-down (and means I now have a good SB for both Ramza and Agrias, to boot).

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Lechtansi posted:

drat, all y'all getting relics that are my dream relics is making me sad. I mean, i got Jecht's bandanna, which is not bad, but seriously. Jecht?

Jecht is good! He's a physical powerhouse with access to Combat, Monk and (soon) Darkness 5, along with solid weapon access and Celerity 4. If you want to use a Monk in any capacity, Jecht's a very good one.

I went against reason and jammed the Drills together into a pointier drill. I really want to use Edgar once his MC2 hits, so this will make that a lot easier.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Well, 3 of the nightmare dungeons down so far, and they've all been pretty easy considering my physical team options. 5 more stam for the last one and then I'll probably work on the last boss at some point tonight.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I'm happy with this.

Agrias you get an SSB now too. :allears:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Roland Jones posted:

How good is Gil's SB here? The secondary effects seem alright but not too necessary since I'm going to be trying to keep those up constantly anyway, so I guess it's mostly down to the damage (and I guess being useful in long, grueling battles).

But yeah, I am very happy with my results here.

It's just a LITTLE stronger than his first (Death Claw) at a 5.13 vs DC's 5.10 potency. The Shell/Protect/Haste are nice though, but Death Claw's got a 21% Paralyze chance. But all in all, he's good to throw Lifesiphon on and go to town on people's asses as he drill pecks his enemies to death (At current with Scream+Full Break/Defense Breakdown he can hit about 7k to max per hit, so a good 1200+ easy without it on a decently defensive target.)

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
After a poo poo run of 0/50 pulls, I finally grabbed another 5* weapon! Mythgraven Blade for Cecil. Even if it's poo poo, it's my first FFIV synergy weapon. Is it poo poo though? How good is Cecil and this soul break?

edit:

thanks record keeper, that push notification was really useful while i was in the middle of playing the game

PhysicsFrenzy fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 24, 2016

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Well er...at least the Healing Grimoire is nice?

Now to get 26 more Mythril for an 11 pull on Vincent 2.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kemix posted:

It's just a LITTLE stronger than his first (Death Claw) at a 5.13 vs DC's 5.10 potency. The Shell/Protect/Haste are nice though, but Death Claw's got a 21% Paralyze chance. But all in all, he's good to throw Lifesiphon on and go to town on people's asses as he drill pecks his enemies to death (At current with Scream+Full Break/Defense Breakdown he can hit about 7k to max per hit, so a good 1200+ easy without it on a decently defensive target.)

Alright, sounds like I should get to work on a second, maybe a third Lifesiphon for him and maybe Bartz (who I'd have to make and egg up and stuff so not the most pressing priority admittedly) or Steiner, and just general future use really; I am stocking up for Beatrix's SSB and all after all. I can get one up to R2 now if I crack a Major Power Orb, which is probably worth it. At the least, it should help with this Ultimate and Ultimate+.

Fried Calamari
Apr 6, 2009
I could definitely use some more combat gear. Let's pull!

7 3*, 3 4*...and a Brave Blade (V)!

I'll take it!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Kain's Gungnir (which has a nice -DEF/RES effect for the SB, even thought it's only one hit) and Seifer's Hyperion.

Nothing too great, but that's a pretty good draw anyways.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I didn't master ultimate + Hojo because BANISHING RAID DIDN'T COUNT AS DISPELLING HIS loving BUFFS, gently caress YOU GAME!

EDIT: Lucky Draw got me Auron's Dragon Fang katana and lovely loving Amarant's lovely scissor fangs gently caress game goddamn why do you hate me

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 24, 2016

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

So happy to have my boy Buttz' SSB finally after phase 1 shat out a bunch of claws guns and revolvers. 5 hits and Def up is ludicrously tasty with shout :getin:

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I didn't master ultimate + Hojo because BANISHING RAID DIDN'T COUNT AS DISPELLING HIS loving BUFFS, gently caress YOU GAME!

You should have read the 5000 reminders that you HAVE to use dispel to hit that particular medal requirement. Literally nothing else counts. Hell, it even says "with Dispel" in the requirement.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Combo posted:

You should have read the 5000 reminders that you HAVE to use dispel to hit that particular medal requirement. Literally nothing else counts.

I'm not surprised that I missed it but goddamn does it make that battle about a hundred times more annoying

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Well the first two bosses of this nightmare dungeon were kittens. Gotta wait for stamina before the next lot.

So are there going to be several lucky draws here too? I went 0/11 :(

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

You only get one lucky draw per nightmare dungeon. It will come around again in 6 months when they release the second combat abyss.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I'm not surprised that I missed it but goddamn does it make that battle about a hundred times more annoying

For sure it does. All that damage you have to churn out and it forces you to waste a slot on a non damaging ability.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I mean, not entirely. By that time we'll have more combat relics to choose from. But next Lucky Draw in late May will be all White Mage weapons and armor, so look forward to that. Now you can get Sentinel's Grimoire OR Thyrus! (No guarantees.)

I'll probably do the Empty MC2 boss first like I do, and proceed from there as stamina allows.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Awww yeah!

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Lucky Draw 2/11

Excalibur Bartz SSB
Cutting Trigger Squall SSB

WELP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Varance posted:

Awww yeah!

I like the Revolver taking precedence over the SSB there, like the game thinks that's the highlight of that draw.

• Locked thread