Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
Speaking of Superman, here's an old in-house ad for DC Digests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Oh! And La Lumiere Bleue!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

For anyone wondering, no, that is not the right way to say "it's clobbering time" in French.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

For anyone wondering, no, that is not the right way to say "it's clobbering time" in French.

Look, they're lucky Ben figured out how to use Google Translate and didn't gently caress up the pronunciation too bad, lay off him!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

In the next issue one of the French character says "It's Bart Time" in French so whatever.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Duke Igthorn posted:

Fanart aside those are pretty distinct legs and tummy monitor. The fanart doesn't have his chest emblem but it looks the same too.

Edit: and he's fighting a mashup of Marvel heroes

Sigh. Goddammit, I'm gonna have to start reading this comic now.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Teenage Fansub posted:

Superman: American Alien #6

and Landis gets another excuse to write a drunk Superman :)

Well, that went from funny to depressing :smith:

Good on them though, for making relatable Superman. Even when being a naked drunk in space :unsmith:

PS. gently caress yeah Gizmo Duck.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Ghostlight posted:

Oh! And La Lumiere Bleue!

That's one hell of a camel toe on Thing there.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

"Thing goes to France and superheroes with the locals" is one of the only good things to come out of Civil War.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Young Clark Kent gives flying to the moon a shot.

Why is Clark so hosed up? The pressure difference between Earth and space is 1, it's not like he was at the bottom of the mariana trench.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

His first attempt was far worse.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

wiegieman posted:

"Thing goes to France and superheroes with the locals" is one of the only good things to come out of Civil War.
Yeah, maybe your event is backfiring when "The Thing says 'gently caress all of this and gently caress you guys' then hangs out with DC heroes yearning for better days" is unironically the most enjoyable part.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

plainswalker75 posted:

:doh: I really didn't connect the dots at all there.

Hence the reference to it being her inferior and less powerful suit.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah, maybe your event is backfiring when "The Thing says 'gently caress all of this and gently caress you guys' then hangs out with DC heroes yearning for better days" is unironically the most enjoyable part.

What issue is this from?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cassa posted:

Why is Clark so hosed up? The pressure difference between Earth and space is 1, it's not like he was at the bottom of the mariana trench.

It looks like he's actively smashing through a barrier on the second page there, had the Corps put a protective forcefield around Earth or something?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just the atmosphere.

I'm sure it's not very accurate and just an excuse to write him hammered again, but :shrug:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

What issue is this from?
Sorry - Frenchies are all from Fantastic Four #541

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Just the atmosphere.

I'm sure it's not very accurate and just an excuse to write him hammered again, but :shrug:

Yeah its just air gets thinner. Stuff only burns off when reentering. Stupid comic book science.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah its just air gets thinner. Stuff only burns off when reentering. Stupid comic book science.

And even then only when re-entering at like ten thousand miles per hour. (which is the only way we know how, since we dumped the big rocket by then)

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Apr 22, 2016

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

Say Nothing posted:

His first attempt was far worse.

:monocle: That's an understatement.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Look, they're lucky Ben figured out how to use Google Translate and didn't gently caress up the pronunciation too bad, lay off him!

I like to imagine that Ben spends hours on Google Translate learning how to say "It's Clobberin' Time!" and "street" in every language.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

SilverSupernova posted:

I like to imagine that Ben spends hours on Google Translate learning how to say "It's Clobberin' Time!" and "street" in every language.

One day the Fantastic Four will meet a race whose word for street sounds identical to "Yancy".

It will be the worst day of Ben Grimm's life.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Teenage Fansub posted:

So other than that do they DC it up with brooding and depression and such or is it all fun adventures?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's not all goof 'em ups. The series is about him learning to be Superman, so there's usually some morality crisis in there.
Half of this issue was an argument with friends from his old life in Kansas visiting him in the city, and issue #2 was really dark with teen Clark trying to be a hero and seriously maiming people.

e: With one issue left, it's definitely more bright, fun, touching or poignant than not.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Apr 22, 2016

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
God drat it, Squirrel Girl.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

What, she probably just assumed that... Wolverine can talk to their namesake too. I mean, it's an easy enough mistake to make. People think Spider-man can talk to spiders.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

:viggo: Everyone can talk to spiders. People think Spider-Man can control them.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

What, she probably just assumed that... Wolverine can talk to their namesake too. I mean, it's an easy enough mistake to make. People think Spider-man can talk to spiders.

Plus Squirrel Girl has a literal squirrel as a side-kick, and commands swarms (herds? butteries?)drays of said rodents to swarm bad guys, freaking them the gently caress out. So she probably does assume animal themed hero = can commune with said animal.

Edit: VVV Thanks Doc Hawkins, for the correct term

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 23, 2016

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

A group of squirrels is a "scurry", IIRC.

e: Nope, it's a "dray". Shame.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 23, 2016

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
A 'singular' of boars seems...contradictory.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Practical Demon posted:

A 'singular' of boars seems...contradictory.

Boars are nature's Voltron. When they are threatened as a group they combine.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Teenage Fansub posted:

So, is this implying that the GL corps put a force field around Earth, but didn't extend it to the moon? If so, did they do this before or after the moon landing, or to put it another way, when is this supposed to take place? And third, I guess, Clark's pod didn't contain any information about his past, his family or his home planet like most versions of his origin?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

CzarChasm posted:

So, is this implying that the GL corps put a force field around Earth, but didn't extend it to the moon? If so, did they do this before or after the moon landing, or to put it another way, when is this supposed to take place? And third, I guess, Clark's pod didn't contain any information about his past, his family or his home planet like most versions of his origin?

If it was a forcefield, I'd imagine they open holes for when the natives pop out so they don't notice - it'd be more for protecting the natives from marauding arsehole aliens sneaking in.

Probably started the policy after those goddamn Kryptonians started dumping their orphans there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC that is actually a thing from the Silver Age because it also happened to Hal when he was starting out as a Green Lantern.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

muscles like this? posted:

IIRC that is actually a thing from the Silver Age because it also happened to Hal when he was starting out as a Green Lantern.

Didn't Abin Sur originally crash because he hit some kind of radiation around Earth?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Come to think of it, the Green Lanterns probably put a forcefield around most populated planets, because it seems that every other species in the galaxy is made up entirely of pirates.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Didn't Abin Sur originally crash because he hit some kind of radiation around Earth?

I vaguely remember it being some experiment that released "Yellow Radiation" into space.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

SirDan3k posted:

I vaguely remember it being some experiment that released "Yellow Radiation" into space.

So we'll chalk it up to "the Silver Age was weeeeeeeird".

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Jube's boob envy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Someone help me understand why Psylocke (especially Psylocke specifically) is supposed to be attractive.