Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You know what boss I want to fight in the DLC? This guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJqhLc16rWs

Call it Aldrich's True Form or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
so did I just get the lay out gesture from the corpse of fuckin ladddersmith gilligan from dark souls 2

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

Any spooky scary skeletoness that Irithyl Dungeon had evaporated after the tediousness of slowly baiting seven jailers to come get you, one at a time.

Well, it's better than having the last two aggro on you at once and you end up dying just shy of completing the task.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
this game is so powerful that it hosed up inputmapper

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

CharlestonJew posted:

so did I just get the lay out gesture from the corpse of fuckin ladddersmith gilligan from dark souls 2

Yes

Also, if you ever see a co-op partner do lay out be sure to stand over them and do the Patches squat

it owns

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Glenn_Beckett posted:

Upgraded the dancer swords and I completely take back every bad thing I said about dual wielding in this game.

Were your previous dual wielding issues centered around the dual curved swords? Because someone must have misplaced a few decimal points on those or something. All of the attacks you get are worse in every single way than the basic one-handed r1.

Other dual wield sets are perfectly fine.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

Yes, yes you did.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

BTW, I love my rapiers, but I have heard some people accusing them of being unfairly broken. However, in PVP and Co-op, no one ever seems to be using rapiers except for me. Are rapiers actually broken or are some people being babies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zKRYGVnd_A&t=328s

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I got invaded in Archdragon Peak about 30, 35 minutes ago. I was hiding on a little balcony and the invader didn't check out there, so I used a white branch and turned into another pillar in a row of pillars. I just put the controller down and did stuff around my house for about 25 minutes and eventually killed him when he was near me/the edge of the balcony. I am hoping for hate mail, that was a solid waste of his 30 minutes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

God drat 1/4 of the people in pvp are so laggy.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Yeah that is my exact build with the skill shield and Ricards

No idea how he pulled that much damage though

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Beat Nameless King first try :smug:. didn't really see him being the hardest dark souls boss, both Prince Bros and Lord of Cinder gave me a much harder time.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The Berzerker posted:

I got invaded in Archdragon Peak about 30, 35 minutes ago. I was hiding on a little balcony and the invader didn't check out there, so I used a white branch and turned into another pillar in a row of pillars. I just put the controller down and did stuff around my house for about 25 minutes and eventually killed him when he was near me/the edge of the balcony. I am hoping for hate mail, that was a solid waste of his 30 minutes.

A guy invaded me there and just ran through all the enemies instead of fighting me and i think's kind of a jerk thing to do but I mean it is dark souls i suppose...

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The Berzerker posted:

I once had an invader get so lost trying to find me I PMed him directions

voltcatfish posted:

A guy invaded me there and just ran through all the enemies instead of fighting me and i think's kind of a jerk thing to do but I mean it is dark souls i suppose...

I don't mind the guys who try to bait you into enemies.

The ones I hate are the ones who use the black separation crystal when they run out of estus

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It reached the pinnacle of gaming and decided to sleep forever

BTW, I love my rapiers, but I have heard some people accusing them of being unfairly broken. However, in PVP and Co-op, no one ever seems to be using rapiers except for me. Are rapiers actually broken or are some people being babies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW2B3P3A_30

You tell me. Thrusting wepaons are boring but its super easy to stunlock people with the estoc and its siblings.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

Vargs posted:

Were your previous dual wielding issues centered around the dual curved swords? Because someone must have misplaced a few decimal points on those or something. All of the attacks you get are worse in every single way than the basic one-handed r1.

Other dual wield sets are perfectly fine.
It was the sellsword twinblades, but I assume that's what you meant.
Why have they not fixed that poo poo?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Beat Nameless King first try :smug:. didn't really see him being the hardest dark souls boss, both Prince Bros and Lord of Cinder gave me a much harder time.

The Bros are such bastards sometimes. loving hate getting hit literally the second I'm through the fog wall.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So the part after the Pontiff, are those NPC invasions or did I kill some sucker who was dual wielding maces with no armor and wearing a thrall hood like it was no thing?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
i poked a shitload of people to death today with the dragonslayer swordspear. the lightning bolt also makes a great welcome present to someone climbing a ladder up to reach you!!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

You tell me. Thrusting wepaons are boring but its super easy to stunlock people with the estoc and its siblings.

I never really saw them as boring. Of course, they have been my weapon of choice since DeS when I barely understood how the game worked and was like ":downs: I can stab AND keep my shield up"

The Greatswords are the boring one for me. I get it Miyazaki, you like Berserk, do you really need 20 greatswords in every game?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

do you really need 20 greatswords in every game?

YES

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Look buddy! If I only get five rapier types over the course of four games you don't get to have 30 greatswords!!

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Brannock posted:

DS2 has really horrible fullbright lighting, 2002-MMO-era textures, and sparse small boxy areas that honestly turn me off it bigly. I hope they fix up some of the mechanics stuff in DS3 since it's otherwise a vastly more visually appealing game.

Compared to DS2, we're still sorta at the stage in the game's life where santier's and mundane were ridiculously broken, lightning spear made every boss pathetic and there were no DLCs with the best content of the game right?

I'll be disappointed if we don't see another regulation patch in a little bit, but for now I'm happy to let them do what they're doing and look forward to a few replays while I wait for their DLC which has a loving fantastic track record.

Luceid posted:

i poked a shitload of people to death today with the dragonslayer swordspear. the lightning bolt also makes a great welcome present to someone climbing a ladder up to reach you!!

Are there any good spears before that one? All the ones I've tried feel so anaemic.

hampig fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 24, 2016

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Gotta respect a guy who will co-op with a mound maker, get all the way to the fog, turn around, Duel Bow, and risk that progress.

I salute you, Host of Embers JohnnyBoy. Thanks for the vertebra shackle

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The Grand Archive is great, I love getting repeatedly hit with homing arrows of death for 70 percent of my bar.

I see From is getting into the lucrative "bullet hell" market

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

for all the poo poo i give this game for the PvP, i loving love the PvE and this is basically my new favorite souls game PvE-wise so i hope they do rebalance PvP at least a little bit eventually

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The Grand Archive is great, I love getting repeatedly hit with homing arrows of death for 70 percent of my bar.

Let me tell you about a magical place called pre-patch Shrine of Amana

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Look buddy! If I only get five rapier types over the course of four games you don't get to have 30 greatswords!!

You want my greatswords, you'll have to take them from my cold, dead, 17-ton body.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

hampig posted:

Compared to DS2, we're still sorta at the stage in the game's life where santier's and mundane were ridiculously broken, lightning spear made every boss pathetic and there were no DLCs with the best content of the game right?

I'll be disappointed if we don't see another regulation patch in a little bit, but for now I'm happy to let them do what they're doing and look forward to a few replays while I wait for their DLC which has a loving fantastic track record.

wait they nerfed miracles in DS2? the gently caress man, next you'll tell me they nerfed GRS too

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I hope they add the kung-fu ring back in in one of the DLCs

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Dark Souls 2's DLC was weird because it was really good but each one had a really lovely area (the Frigid Outskirts easily being the worst area in any Souls game), but it's like they knew how lovely they were because they made them all optional.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Let me tell you about a magical place called pre-patch Shrine of Amana

Wait, they patched Shrine of Amana? What did they do to it?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

DreamShipWrecked posted:

When I fought Crystal Sage on my int character it felt more like a cover shooter than a Dark Souls boss. Pop up, shoot a mage, huddle back behind the rock, repeat.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

Its weird seeing the final boss straight up pull out the ninja backflip at one point

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Babe Magnet posted:

I want the champs moveset for being a punchman

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Internet Kraken posted:

When I fought Crystal Sage on my int character it felt more like a cover shooter than a Dark Souls boss. Pop up, shoot a mage, huddle back behind the rock, repeat.

Spoiler for that section of the game it's the same loving guy except now he's all over a labyrinth and can hit you from three stories above

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Hamsterlady posted:

Dark Souls 2's DLC was weird because it was really good but each one had a really lovely area (the Frigid Outskirts easily being the worst area in any Souls game), but it's like they knew how lovely they were because they made them all optional.

Wait, they patched Shrine of Amana? What did they do to it?

If you can believe it, the priestesses used to have even better homing soul arrows, and one of the first patches was a nerf for that.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Babe Magnet posted:

Seems unlikely given its functionality is already on a ring in the game. Looking forward to all the crazy weapons with interesting movesets and weapon arts though ala DS2 DLCs.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

argondamn posted:

If you can believe it, the priestesses used to have even better homing soul arrows, and one of the first patches was a nerf for that.

I think anyone who beat Shrine of Amana vanilla should get a special trophy

We went through hell, but it made us men

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The ones I hate are the ones who use the black separation crystal when they run out of estus

im glad you hate this

i was afraid i wasnt pissing anyone off by doing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

argondamn posted:

Yeah, I played through Shrine of Amana within a few days of release. I didn't know they made it easier, because even though I did replay DS2 more recently I guess it had been long enough that I just forgot how bad it was on release.