Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

saw this post in the games thread

This dude is a bastard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
lets kill him

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
ugh so sick of all the cool and amazing boss fights in the game. you know, the first boss is amazing, the next boss is amazing, the next boss too. its just "A Thing" with the bosses now that theyre amazingly designed with cool movesets and patterns, great soundtrack, and rich backstories. I wish it was just like once every 5 bosses were fun and good because now it just gets old continuously having the best gaming experience of my life.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i don't want to see Games posts

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
How is games so friggen bad

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Oceiros is bloodborne levels of creepy

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

I.N.R.I posted:

i found a +2 ring in ng+ . i thought you werent supposed to get those until ng+2 ?

except for that one ring yeah. you find the +3 version in ng++ (its the only +3 version in the game)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Benny D posted:

Oceiros is bloodborne levels of creepy

he's the coolest. more bosses need to talk

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

i don't want to see Games posts

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

Evil Eagle posted:

more bosses need to talk

holy poo poo yes, this. I wish Aldritch talked - could you imagine if he spent the whole fight mocking you USING GWYNDOLIN'S VOICE?

sorry, thought this one wasn't a spoiler thread

Popular Human fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 24, 2016

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Spoilers dude..
daym

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Popular Human posted:

holy poo poo yes, this. I wish Aldritch talked - could you imagine if he spent the whole fight mocking you USING GWYNDOLIN'S VOICE?

Thats a big spoiler you retard

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i finished a big project at work, so i was able to be super crapulent and game for like 8 hours today. this is all stuff from after dancer, so i'll spoiler it since it seems like some people are still a little before that:

the ricard fight was loving awesome, and the havel fight was loving awesome. i love how crazy ricard seems now, and when havel turned himself into stone i flipped my poo poo.

i got a brief taste of king of storms as a co-op summon, but i haven't put any attempts into him yet. he seems like he's going to be fun. altogether the dragon area is excellent, and they really nailed the feeling of ancient ruins.

i was expecting dragonslayer armor to be harder, but my winning fight was pretty epic. down to 0 estus, and i landed the final blow just as he was doing a wind-up to kill me. i also discovered that ricard's rapier is extremely good against him, because you can get off so many stabs and still have stamina to roll away.

archives seems like a great area. i'll never get tired of knocking over stacks of books.

here's my winning dragonslayer fight. i'll put it in spoilers in case the thumbnail reveals something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YATizWcntY

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Also, I finally beat it tonight. Got the GRANT ME EYES ending because it seemed thematically appropriate.

But what the gently caress is going on with the Untended Graves? when you give the fire keeper eyes, she says she sees the entire world covered in darkness with just a few embers of light - is that the real world? Is all this poo poo an illusion like Aldia was ranting about in Scholar of the First Sin? Is Untended Graves the "real" Firelink? I mean, you find Andre's hammer lying around there, and it seems obvious that dude shouldn't be alive three games later. Also, NPCs just sort of magically teleport to Firelink when they join you and I never really thought about what that might mean. AND the first time you use the OG Firelink bonfire it takes you to a room w/what looks like the Lordvessel...

The story and lore in this game owns and I'm going to be unpacking it for a good long while. Wondering if I should go do the optional poo poo I missed (went everywhere except the Dragon-y optional place) or just fire up a new game and try out Pyromancer.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I put a message in front of Andre's forge in the dead shrine and it appeared in the "actual" shrine. that's a cool meta way to hint at things in the game.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Action Tortoise posted:

I put a message in front of Andre's forge in the dead shrine and it appeared in the "actual" shrine. that's a cool meta way to hint at things in the game.

Wait, really? That owns.

That would certainly seem to heavily imply that Firelink is an Anor Londo-esque illusion, at least the one with all the people in it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Popular Human posted:

Also, I finally beat it tonight. Got the GRANT ME EYES ending because it seemed thematically appropriate.

But what the gently caress is going on with the Untended Graves? when you give the fire keeper eyes, she says she sees the entire world covered in darkness with just a few embers of light - is that the real world? Is all this poo poo an illusion like Aldia was ranting about in Scholar of the First Sin? Is Untended Graves the "real" Firelink? I mean, you find Andre's hammer lying around there, and it seems obvious that dude shouldn't be alive three games later. Also, NPCs just sort of magically teleport to Firelink when they join you and I never really thought about what that might mean. AND the first time you use the OG Firelink bonfire it takes you to a room w/what looks like the Lordvessel...

The story and lore in this game owns and I'm going to be unpacking it for a good long while. Wondering if I should go do the optional poo poo I missed (went everywhere except the Dragon-y optional place) or just fire up a new game and try out Pyromancer.

i just assumed that NPCs are using homeward bones (it's the same animation), and that you being near them allows them to connect back up with firelink.

Action Tortoise posted:

yeah, i was blown away by that. i put a joke message in front of a lord of cinder throne, and was amazed to see it persisted.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Popular Human posted:

Wait, really? That owns.

It works vice versa too

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Action Tortoise posted:

Ohhhhh. That finally explains why i always saw messages in front of andre saying time for loneliness and poo poo like that, they always confused me until just now. cool.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

When I went there, I found messages in front of Yoel and the miracles girl that said "no friend ahead", but I guess that could have been a coincidence.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
it's also pretty funny where you find the fire keeper eyes.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Popular Human posted:

Wait, really? That owns.

That would certainly seem to heavily imply that Firelink is an Anor Londo-esque illusion, at least the one with all the people in it.

Cool as it would be to assume implications it's far more likely that it just loads the same area to save memory or whatever coders do

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Popular Human posted:

Wait, really? That owns.

i just assumed it was time travel. gundyr doesnt give you a soul the first time you fight him because it's really the second time you fight him from his point of view and you already took his soul. now hes powered by black goo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Beat Dragonslayer Armor first try :cool:

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Benny D posted:

Cool as it would be to assume implications it's far more likely that it just loads the same area to save memory or whatever coders do

I thought this as well but the area leading up to it comes right after oceiros's arena, so their locations shouldn't add up.

also considering how the finale plays out, there might be three different instances of firelink shrine.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

I thought this as well but the area leading up to it comes right after oceiros's arena, so their locations shouldn't add up.

also considering how the finale plays out, there might be three different instances of firelink shrine.

I think what the fire keeper means about the worlds of the lords converging is sort of what Solaire says in 1 to the extreme, about the different timelines overlapping. That's why when you go to kiln at the end everything is just smashed together.

Also whoever said forsaken woods/crucifixion road is oolacile woods is spot on. The bridge next to this bonfire is without a doubt the same bridge you first see kalameet on, it's even missing the same chunk

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

apropos to nothing posted:

ugh so sick of all the cool and amazing boss fights in the game. you know, the first boss is amazing, the next boss is amazing, the next boss too. its just "A Thing" with the bosses now that theyre amazingly designed with cool movesets and patterns, great soundtrack, and rich backstories. I wish it was just like once every 5 bosses were fun and good because now it just gets old continuously having the best gaming experience of my life.

also there's a pretty insane sequence break available by fighting dancer early even if you do have to go back and do the other stuff eventually

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

sector_corrector posted:

i finished a big project at work, so i was able to be super crapulent and game for like 8 hours today. this is all stuff from after dancer, so i'll spoiler it since it seems like some people are still a little before that:

the ricard fight was loving awesome, and the havel fight was loving awesome. i love how crazy ricard seems now, and when havel turned himself into stone i flipped my poo poo.

i got a brief taste of king of storms as a co-op summon, but i haven't put any attempts into him yet. he seems like he's going to be fun. altogether the dragon area is excellent, and they really nailed the feeling of ancient ruins.

i was expecting dragonslayer armor to be harder, but my winning fight was pretty epic. down to 0 estus, and i landed the final blow just as he was doing a wind-up to kill me. i also discovered that ricard's rapier is extremely good against him, because you can get off so many stabs and still have stamina to roll away.

archives seems like a great area. i'll never get tired of knocking over stacks of books.

here's my winning dragonslayer fight. i'll put it in spoilers in case the thumbnail reveals something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YATizWcntY

My man, that's a good tense fight. Also forgot how good the music is. I cooped that boss for a while too

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm very upset that while you can get into Lothric castle early, you still can't kill the Princes because the key to their area just straight up doesn't spawn until you kill the other 4.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm very upset that while you can get into Lothric castle early, you still can't kill the Princes because the key to their area just straight up doesn't spawn until you kill the other 4.

I was wondering about this earlier. Thats gay

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

loving fail rear end nip devs won't let me skip the entire game.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm kinda puzzled about why they let you do that early. So you can get chunks and a slab a little earlier maybe?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

loving fail rear end nip devs won't let me skip the entire game.

You would still have to kill the other 4 lords of cinder, silly. They're just my favorite fight of the 5 lords and I wanted to do them first. Sort of like how DS2 let you do it all in any order but mostly didn't let you just skip to Nashandra (although you could bypass the Great Soul requirement by grinding like a dweeb)

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Tying your weapon level to pvp matchmaking is stupid. The number of people who would play through 90% of
The game while keeping an extremely low level just to gently caress with people is so small it would have an insignificant effect

Soral
May 30, 2009

Benny D posted:

Tying your weapon level to pvp matchmaking is stupid. The number of people who would play through 90% of
The game while keeping an extremely low level just to gently caress with people is so small it would have an insignificant effect

if someone can beat the hardest bosses in the game at SL1 and get a ton of amazing upgrade material early then they deserve to beat my stupid rear end senseless with a +10 chaos zweihander in undead settlement or w/e. the weapon level matchmaking system is fail

Soral
May 30, 2009

also it gets in the way of co-op which is just weird. if someone needs help beating the giant tree they should be able to hook up with people no matter if they have +3 weapons or +7 or what so long as their levels match up

Soral
May 30, 2009

its not as big a deal as im making it out to be but this game is so drat close to being gaming perfection that even the smallest rough edges seem like mountains to me lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Soral posted:

also it gets in the way of co-op which is just weird. if someone needs help beating the giant tree they should be able to hook up with people no matter if they have +3 weapons or +7 or what so long as their levels match up

I think password match isn't affected tho right? And the summoned persons stats apparently scale down to match the hosts

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm up to the princes and keep getting owned. I'm confident in my ability to do it with a little more practice. Almost every boss fight in this game is incredibly epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soral posted:

its not as big a deal as im making it out to be but this game is so drat close to being gaming perfection that even the smallest rough edges seem like mountains to me lol

This

goferchan posted:

I think password match isn't affected tho right? And the summoned persons stats apparently scale down to match the hosts

It scales your weapons and stats to match the host

• Locked thread