Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Stringbean posted:

My balls just retracted into my throat. Holy poo poo, goodbye future children.

So did his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Moments later.

We have lift off.
http://i.imgur.com/S9VN0XZ.jpg

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Well the point behind scribing lines in concrete is so that surface cracks don't propagate, so mission accomplished I guess?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Look closer at the original stones.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

We saw her on Facebook and during that time period, she as supposed to be sick but she never looked sick

I'm pretty sure someone with cancer of the stomach lining wouldn't be fat as hell.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
http://i.imgur.com/WNPpPGZ.gifv

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Pancreatic cancer is why Steve jobs looked like a ghost for years before he died*. Should have picked the far more believable stage 2 thyroid cancer.

*His treatment decisions were sub-optimal but the general progression is similar

Like...why say you have two weeks to live, you literally set a time limit until you either die or are found out

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

biffed it hard

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

SLOSifl posted:

Like...why say you have two weeks to live, you literally set a time limit until you either die or are found out miraculously healed by the power of christian jesus and other peoples money prayers

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I don't think Jesus would like what that woman is doing.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

oldpainless posted:

You mean pulling a disappearing act when large sums of money are involved?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yes

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Slugnoid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iREWnOphK7M

This helmet appears in like like 75 percent of the failarmy skate videos where they bother to wear a helmet...

Pro-tec is one of the only companies making skate helmets, which are different than other types of helmets. So if you're skating and going to well a helmet, it's going to be a pro-tec.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SLOSifl posted:

Pancreatic cancer is why Steve jobs looked like a ghost for years before he died*. Should have picked the far more believable stage 2 thyroid cancer.

*His treatment decisions were sub-optimal but the general progression is similar

Like...why say you have two weeks to live, you literally set a time limit until you either die or are found out

Who would have thought it... eating nothing but apples and carrots isn't a cure for cancer!

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/body-odd/strange-eating-habits-steve-jobs-f119434

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

artsy fartsy posted:

:stonk: This was a terrible way to start off my weekend.

I know, right? "I know what'll cheer me up after a stressful day at work, some gifs of people falling over! *thread is 50% shipwreck murder chat*"

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Say Nothing posted:

Who would have thought it... eating nothing but apples and carrots isn't a cure for cancer!

This is one of my independent sources of schadenfreude, idiotic white people dunning-krueger-ing themsevles to death because they think they know better than the weight of the medical community.

I love George Harrison but he and Steve Jobs committed suicide by stupidity as far as I'm concerned.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Pook Good Mook posted:

This is one of my independent sources of schadenfreude, idiotic white people dunning-krueger-ing themsevles to death because they think they know better than the weight of the medical community.

I love George Harrison but he and Steve Jobs committed suicide by stupidity as far as I'm concerned.

What's wrong with Harrison's treatment? Just looking it up on wiki he had several different cancers over many years and went to a real hospital to have radiotherapy and surgery. Seems like he just got delt a rough hand to me but I don't know any real details.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Palpek posted:

Look for it:

From the postgame interview

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/status/311187137414459392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

TheDon01 posted:

What's wrong with Harrison's treatment? Just looking it up on wiki he had several different cancers over many years and went to a real hospital to have radiotherapy and surgery. Seems like he just got delt a rough hand to me but I don't know any real details.

Your post encouraged me to look it up. You're right, I must have gotten it into my brain that he'd attempted some sort of treatment and it's stuck for the past 15 years. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else?

I stand by my personal schadenfreude however.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Pook Good Mook posted:

Your post encouraged me to look it up. You're right, I must have gotten it into my brain that he'd attempted some sort of treatment and it's stuck for the past 15 years. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else?

You might be thinking of noted homophobe Bob Marley.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

oldpainless posted:

Acts 5:1-11 says he doesn't.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FCKGW posted:

Pro-tec is one of the only companies making skate helmets, which are different than other types of helmets. So if you're skating and going to well a helmet, it's going to be a pro-tec.

They are different in that they don't actually protect your head?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Paladinus posted:

They definitely offer some degree of protection, it's probably a matter of how much better they actually could be.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Loss edits are getting harder to spot every day.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Pook Good Mook posted:

Maybe you were thinking of Warren Zevon, who didn't have a new-age "cure" for cancer so much as he had a disbelief/distrust in doctors, and didn't get checked until he was already way too far along.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Paladinus posted:

They're different in design. They have protection for the back of the head since skating falls are frequently back falls, unlike bicycling.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

Best part:

quote:

Jobs also believed that his commitment to vegan diets meant his body was flushed of mucus -- and that it meant he was free from body odor, so he didn't need to wear deodorant or shower regularly. Unsurprisingly, the book quotes former coworkers saying that he was very, very wrong.

Now I'm just imagining Apple fanboys getting into the org, meeting the big man himself, and then walking away trying to rationalize it before they start asking others 'does he have a habit of making GBS threads himself? Wow, now he just seems like a crazy hobo....Apple really just makes their money off of putting lovely hardware in fancy plastic cases. Think I'm going to go home now, I've wasted my life.'

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Best part:

Now I'm just imagining Apple fanboys getting into the org, meeting the big man himself, and then walking away trying to rationalize it before they start asking others 'does he have a habit of making GBS threads himself? Wow, now he just seems like a crazy hobo....Apple really just makes their money off of putting lovely hardware in fancy plastic cases. Think I'm going to go home now, I've wasted my life.'

That's so gross. I wonder if you could smell him at the front row of some of his later product debuts.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Given the Apple Fanboys and their own adherence to grooming and personal hygiene, I'm not sure anyone would have noticed.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

WarpedNaba posted:

Given the Apple Fanboys and their own adherence to grooming and personal hygiene, I'm not sure anyone would have noticed.

vaporwear.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

The Casualty posted:

That's so gross. I wonder if you could smell him at the front row of some of his later product debuts.

He probably showered before important presentations.

I worked at Apple for a very short time doing Applecare support (i.e. sales). During orientation they talked about professional behavior and what you should/shouldn't do at work. It was pretty much don't act like Steve Jobs. But also don't tell your manager, "so we shouldn't act like Steve Jobs?" because they don't like that.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Of course they wouldn't want them to act like Steve Jobs. They need to work.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

WarpedNaba posted:

Wait, do you mean well groomed twink metrosexual apple fanboys?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

This is like a STDH story about how someone totally owned a racist and they stammered and sputtered and ran off because they were beaten by the totally rational cool protagonist's flawless logic.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

Wait, do you mean well groomed twink metrosexual apple fanboys?

I would if I had met any.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

We were so close to mentioning Steve Jobs without the cancer/overprice garbage circle jerk but you guys just can't help yourself can you?