Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The Oceiros fight is really depressing.

I will not give him up, for he is all that I have." :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Placing them can be a bit finicky, try standing a little bit away.

I'm talking about the difference between 8 absorption and -2 absorption :v: Also I only care about PvE.

Instead of dying in 2 full combos from most enemies you die in 1 and a half.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
So whats the deal with Farron Watchdogs, is it just completely broken? I put on the emblem and waited for like 20 minutes and nothing happened. Do I actually need to be in the swamp or wherever it is they hang out to get that to work?

Edit:

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The Oceiros fight is really depressing.

I will not give him up, for he is all that I have." :smith:

I bet for sure thats going to be a big part of the DLC. A bunch of item descriptions talk about the old queen and her kids and how she had some kind of "heavenly power" but none of them show up anywhere at all.

Theres also that giant empty bird cage at the top of Grand Archives thats implied to be where one of them was kept like that has to be foreshadowing of some kind.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Apr 24, 2016

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

actionjackson posted:

How do you make the jump to get to the last smouldering lake bonfire? I just can't do it. It's that hallway with the fire slugs

You don't. That hole is too large to jump over and it's meant to make you wonder how to reach it when you see it from the other side. Reaching that bonfire requires you to go through pretty much the whole zone, and it gives you a bonfire that pretty much just exists to be slightly closer to the boss.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

I beat the game so figured I would do a bit of pvp, what is the ehonor accepted soul level ? And the spot is Pontiff's bonfire right?

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
So is there no twinblades in DS3, ala DS2 style (not two swords dual-wielded, but a double/bladed sword)?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

NESguerilla posted:

The lag in pvp is so ridiculous I don't even know why I'm loving with this right now.

You died to a scrub didnt you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shoenin posted:

the option to put it should be somewhere in front of the chair, underneath its platform or something.

Its weird.

Your Computer posted:

Placing them can be a bit finicky, try standing a little bit away.

Thanks, will try again next time I play. I'm assuming that opens up the end of the game so I'll explore around a little bit more. From what I've picked up even while trying to avoid spoilers, I think there are a couple of optional areas I haven't gotten to yet.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

NTT posted:

I Can't tell if you were him or if you're just aghast at my deplorable use of sunbros

why would you even need helpers to farm anyway. it'd be faster without waiting to summon people in. like, a lot faster

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
My enjoyment at others expense is very dark souls :colbert:

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Philthy posted:

or, you know, to one of the dozens of hosts lacking any animations which i run into every 5 or so invasions.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

NTT posted:

My enjoyment at others expense is very dark souls :colbert:

it's actually entirely at your own expense because they get souls out of it while you just waste a bunch of your own time trying to get them in

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

ShadowMar posted:

or, you know, to one of the dozens of hosts lacking any animations which i run into every 5 or so invasions.

I like the ones that are completely invisible and seemingly dont have an entrance sound/note so youll just be chilling and suddenly you have an invisidude stabbing your butt

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

the netcode...

is really bad!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You know, I bet From could of just left the door in Wolnir's boss room unlocked. The vast majority of players would still repeatedly touch the cup without even bothering to check if they actually had to.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Well, I had no idea this could appear. Or how the hell it would work, since it would mean an AI-controlled "ally" mad phantom. EDIT: The answer is that it doesn't. He immediately tries to kill you.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Apr 24, 2016

GatewayOfLastResort
Oct 11, 2007

I'm saving up such a laugh.

Internet Kraken posted:

You know, I bet From could of just left the door in Wolnir's boss room unlocked. The vast majority of players would still repeatedly touch the cup without even bothering to check if they actually had to.

Well of course, it's a sick skull chalice. Not immediately grabbing for it would be a crime.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Just watched a phantom trap a host in the lizard pit...

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Can you get that massive kame hame spell the final boss uses?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Ok, we know that Aldritch ate Gwyn but god dammit if that weapon he holds doesnt look like Nito´s sword on a stick, or maybe a lower-arm-bone to me...

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Ok, we know that Aldritch ate Gwyn but god dammit if that weapon he holds doesnt look like Nito´s sword on a stick, or maybe a lower-arm-bone to me...

Where does it say that?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

what am i even supposed to do against the rapier

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Fuligin posted:

Where does it say that?

well, first, they meant gwyndolin which is obvious from his look, and also explicitly spelled out in the lifehunt scythe miracle description

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Philthy posted:

Probably more than one. It was the people teleporting all over the place and getting parried in the middle of a roll that made me say gently caress it and go to ng+

Speaking of ng+ goddamn they don't really bump it up very much. Played through vordt in about 10 minutes. It feels more like mowing the lawn than playing dark souls. When does it actually catch up with an end game character?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I don't think he ate Gwyn. Just Gwyndolin and Gwynivere.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Am I right in guessing that the Nameless King is Gwyn's firstborn son or is that off base?

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Gwyndolin, not Gwyn

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

It's Gwyndolin and Priscilla, get it right folks.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Am I right in guessing that the Nameless King is Gwyn's firstborn son or is that off base?

It couldn't not be.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Hey heres a pro tip for anyone OCD enough to try for the ring achievement but don't want to betray Giant Buddy in the undead settlement:

If you gather all the white branches he dies on his own.

:smith:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Alabaster White posted:

It couldn't not be.

I was just making sure it wasn't some other king i completely glossed over in the lore or something. That tends to happen.

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!

Alabaster White posted:

I took the description to meaning he saw Priscilla in Gwyndolin's mind (RIP 10/10 best Souls waifu) and copied her stuff, not that she was dead, though since the painting is nowhere to be seen there's no way of really knowing.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

hell yeah

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Actually Aldrich ate Solaire. :smug:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ok how the hell are people getting naked butts to pop out of their armor?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

He dreamed of Yorshka.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

HnK416 posted:

I took the description to meaning he saw Priscilla in Gwyndolin's mind (RIP 10/10 best Souls waifu) and copied her stuff, not that she was dead, though since the painting is nowhere to be seen there's no way of really knowing.

That's an interesting interpretation, but considering everything to do with Aldrich is as horrible as possible, I'm inclined to believe he ate her.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

NESguerilla posted:

Ok how the hell are people getting naked butts to pop out of their armor?

Jailer's robes (drops off the dudes who sap your hp bar) + loin cloth = butt pops out

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think it would be a bit weird and out of nowhere for Priscilla to be eaten. There are a bunch of references to her with stuff like the Corvid enemies and other abominations who tell each other stories of her and her haven for beings with no place to go.

quote:

Staff of a heretic storyteller who shares tales of the Painted World to forlorn souls.

The storytellers, too, are wretched beings with no place to go.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Calaveron posted:

So I read that if you tell Patches where Greirat is and you don't buy the Catarina set off of him Greirat actually does survive, which seems to imply Patches uses the armor to save the little idiot.

Yep. I've done the second part of Greirat's quest both ways: If Patches still has the Catarina armor set and you tell him where Greirat went, he wears it and saves his buddy. If Siegward has arrived in Irithyll but hasn't yet progressed into the Dungeon, then he's the one who saves Greirat. The latter is trickier to pull off because you need to keep track of both where you last saw Siegward and which bonfires you've lit. Either way, once you beat your next boss, Greirat comes back and tells you about the strange onion knight who saved him.

I'm told that there is supposedly a way for Greirat to survive being sent to loot Lothric Castle, but I wasn't able to make it happen. Patches asked where Greirat went, and I told him, but Greirat still ended up dead in the Archives anyways. Nobody seems to know what exactly you can do to get Greirat back alive, either, not even the people who swear that it happened for them. Maybe if Patches still has the onion knight set, he can save him? That'd be easy enough to do in NG+, since you'd already have the original onion knight set from NG in your inventory if you either finished Siegward's storyline or killed someone for it, so you'd never have to buy it from Patches in any subsequent NG+ cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
By Gwyn i meant Gwyndolin, i thought it was clear since it is clearly stated roughly 10 billion times.
Also it was really more about the weapon part.

Is the Storm-dudes main gimmick really to gently caress up my camera and then fire-breath-oneshot me from outside visual range?