Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

It's weird that Kanye didn't know what he was doing, thank you goons for fixing his album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I wrote that sarcastically but I honestly don't even know if it is

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GreyPowerVan posted:

? someone in the thread 'improving' the album, literally 7 posts up

Aye thought so. People talking like Kanye made that change. gently caress that.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The actual worst decision is a tie between not putting all day on the album and putting silver surfer on it.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
All Day and Saint Pablo are both better than a handful of tracks on the album

a fragile ego
Oct 19, 2014

Not a fan of ULB at all. Kanye's actual contribution to the song is incredibly minimal and I seriously hate Chance features. The dude will take any great song and turn it into his ridiculous cheery style that I don't like at all. The moment the Surf-esque horns kick in on the song I find myself wanting to hit skip. Not that I don't enjoy Chance's solo work, I just miss the days where when I saw him featured I would get excited (listen to They Don't Like Me off ROYALTY for an amazing Chance verse).

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Turn off Kanye and hit up a therapist cause you kudi levels of sad if you don't like ulb

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Dunno how you can say his contribution is minimal, he composed the full thing.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

chance got a baby voice

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I didn't realize Chance's verse wasn't in fact Kanye at first, their voices are really similar :shobon:

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I didn't realize Chance's verse wasn't in fact Kanye at first, their voices are really similar :shobon:

what

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Well, at least similar enough that I just thought Chance was Kanye rapping in a soft voice. In my defence I didn't follow the production of TLOP at all and had no idea who Chance was before it

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
yeezus christ

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

This page is the poster boy of bad opinions and thoughts.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

"chance go night-night" chance coo'd before tucking himself into bed

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

lol holy poo poo

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Its like Kanye released this album in ASL because all these mothafuckas are deaf.

Fauxshiz fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 23, 2016

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Brazy

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

quiltyquilty posted:

Not a fan of ULB at all. Kanye's actual contribution to the song is incredibly minimal and I seriously hate Chance features. The dude will take any great song and turn it into his ridiculous cheery style that I don't like at all. The moment the Surf-esque horns kick in on the song I find myself wanting to hit skip. Not that I don't enjoy Chance's solo work, I just miss the days where when I saw him featured I would get excited (listen to They Don't Like Me off ROYALTY for an amazing Chance verse).

a bunch of poo poo i disagree with in this post until the paranthesized part at the end

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Lots of loving idiots w broken ears in this thread

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
all black people sound alike is some next level racism

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chance is a strain to listen to

stupid puma
Apr 25, 2005

ULB is solidly top 10 all time Kanye track status and you wouldn't even list it as an album track on TLOP lol.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i dont even like chance at all but on ULB he delivered to us the best verse of the year so far show some respect

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
He's just having fun with it

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I have taken a break from my regularly scheduled Kanye listening to watch some show called Lemonade by this Beyonce woman.

a fragile ego
Oct 19, 2014

thathonkey posted:

i dont even like chance at all but on ULB he delivered to us the best verse of the year so far show some respect

Kanye himself delivers better verses in FML, Real Friends, and No More Parties in LA. Chance's verse isn't even close to the best so far.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

quiltyquilty posted:

Kanye himself delivers better verses in FML, Real Friends, and No More Parties in LA. Chance's verse isn't even close to the best so far.

mods

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

quiltyquilty posted:

the non-filler tracks that I still didn't enjoy (looking at Ultralight Beam, Feedback and Low Lights).

quiltyquilty posted:

quiltyquilty posted:

No, seriously, mods

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

I have taken a break from my regularly scheduled Kanye listening to watch some show called Lemonade by this Beyonce woman.

not a good look by b to do a ballarena dance at a dinner party right after a mike dean song

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Bigass Moth posted:

The actual worst decision is putting silver surfer on it.

This woulda been worth the empty quote probate.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
So after listening to TLOP on repeat a few times I went back and queued up all of MBDTF, which is one of my favorite albums of all time and definitely my favorite Kanye album. Blame Game started playing and it wasn't really familiar. I noticed it wasn't already in my spotify library. Typically I just listen to the album as part of my library and I didn't really remember Blame Game at all. I was getting into it and wondering why I had made such a mistake leaving it off. I added it to my list after getting about halfway through. Then Chris Rock started talking and it all came flooding back. Back off the playlist it came.

Why, oh why couldn't that have been a separate track?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
The Chris Rock skit is entirely necessary and I never skip it ever

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

HorseRenoir posted:

The Chris Rock skit is entirely necessary and I never skip it ever

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
What is with you people deciding what is good kanye? Kanye decides what is good kanye.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Superrodan posted:

So after listening to TLOP on repeat a few times I went back and queued up all of MBDTF, which is one of my favorite albums of all time and definitely my favorite Kanye album. Blame Game started playing and it wasn't really familiar. I noticed it wasn't already in my spotify library. Typically I just listen to the album as part of my library and I didn't really remember Blame Game at all. I was getting into it and wondering why I had made such a mistake leaving it off. I added it to my list after getting about halfway through. Then Chris Rock started talking and it all came flooding back. Back off the playlist it came.

Why, oh why couldn't that have been a separate track?
Yeezy reupholstered this post

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I usually skip all the John Legend songs.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

I usually skip all the John Legend songs.

Again with the people with broken loving ears in this thread.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

aBagorn posted:

Again with the people with broken loving ears in this thread.

john legend is bad tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Yeezy taught me.

• Locked thread