Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

My kind of woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I need to eliminate Jotaro Kujo!

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

Stallion Cabana posted:

He loved Cooking so much he naturally developed a Stand; that's what's wrong with him and also what's super right with him. He went on a years long journey to be THE PERFECT COOK. It's an obsession.

Arguably the fact Rohan doesn't have a swarm stand is what kind of pokes a hole in this theory more then anything but then again it's Rohan.

Rohan is extremely focused on writing/drawing manga to the exclusion of everything else, and single-minded in the way he pursues that thing. It makes a lot of sense for his stand to be singular.

Sure Tonio is obsessed with cooking, but it's the means, not the end for him. He doesn't cook just to make food, he wants his dishes to help people. His personality is quite different from Rohan's so I wouldn't expect their stands to be very similar.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wasn't risoto primarily driven to avenge his fallen comrades and i don't remember him being all that hosed compared to the rest of the cast

granted its been a while since i read part 5

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Butt Ghost posted:

My kind of woman

Any woman who would break her rear end doing JoJo poses is top class.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I've never been this angry about JoJo in my entire LIFE

https://twitter.com/PhillipBankss/status/724110840010551297

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Butt Ghost posted:

I need to eliminate Jotaro Kujo!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

hoobajoo posted:

My personal fan-theory to bridge the gap there is that The World is actually stealing the Joestar's powers. DIO's entire mission in life is to take everything from them, so his stand is a dark mirror of what Joseph and Jotaro have. Who knows, maybe it can mimic any Stand with time but DIO's singular fixation means it only tried to get theirs. Whatever the case, it's possible Star Platinum is really the only stand that can stop time, and The World is copying it.

In reality, I find all the post-hoc explanations unsatisfying, because it really was Araki Forgot and I'm fine with that. But if I was forced to account for DIO having Hermit Purple, it'd be that.
No disrespect to Hoobajoo but this is literally my second-least favorite Jojo fan theory.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Even though Stardust Crusaders solidly establishes that The World can only stop time and if you're not going to accept artbooks or whatever as proof of that, Steel Ball Run should really be the final tipping point, considering that is pure DIO pandering.

It's not like JoJolion's Killer Queen who has notably different abilities and skills to Diamond is Unbreakable's Killer Queen.

I think I'd like JoJolion's KQ more than DIU's if he'd gotten Bites The Dust.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

No disrespect to Hoobajoo but this is literally my second-least favorite Jojo fan theory.

Tell me Bad Seafood what is your least favorite fan theory

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is it that Jotaro's super speed is caused by him unconsciously using time stop because that's mine

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

My favourite fan-theory is that Jesus was a JoJo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is it that Jotaro is hiding all of the u's in his name

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Joutarou Kuujou

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Baal posted:

Tell me Bad Seafood what is your least favorite fan theory
Josuke was supposed to go back in time and save himself but Araki forgot.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Josuke was supposed to go back in time and save himself but Araki forgot.

That's a really bad theory.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I dislike it when people speculate that's what was going on, I dislike it when people insist that's what should have happened, and I dislike it when people claim that's what Araki originally intended. If that was what Araki originally intended, I'm glad he changed his mind or forgot about it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I agree that is a bad theory

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's definitely the worst theory of all of them.

Something that irks me is when people bang on about Annasui changing from a girl to boy like it retcons the biggest thing ever and that she was a huge character that suddenly swapped like Iggy's face.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk, maybe Araki had different plans for him as a lady but I somehow doubt he would've been any better had his gender not been flipped

Kaasen
Jun 8, 2011

Have you ever seen
anything so wonderful
in your entire life?
Sorry to interrupt worst theories talk, but I started reading Part 5 recently and couldn't find an explanation via google:
I've been seeing this out of context panel of Giorno saying "that's bullshit, but I believe it" for years before I actually jumped on the Jojo train, and now that I've seen the actual panel, I wanted to ask what the gently caress that's about? Are you telling me that was never a real panel?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There are some JoJo panels that are primo for editing.
Like my friend Pucci.

e:
Seafood-chan~~~~
Has the behaviour of timg tags changed?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Not that I've noticed.

Changed in what way?

Kaasen
Jun 8, 2011

Have you ever seen
anything so wonderful
in your entire life?
So there's no crazy origin story or anything like that? All those times I saw it being used a reaction image and I never knew... :negative:
Well whatever, it was just surprising that something I easily assumed was real turned out to be fake.

e: and speaking of fake, I'm not sure I believe the rumor that Anasui's gender swap necessarily means Araki was forbidden from giving Jolyne a lesbian love interest. Unless Araki Said otherwise, of course.

Kaasen fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 24, 2016

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Baal posted:

Idk, maybe Araki had different plans for him as a lady but I somehow doubt he would've been any better had his gender not been flipped

jolyne obsessive who was jailed for brutal murder and dissection of girlfriend would have been a lot better if as a lesbian tbh

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
anyway my least favorite fan theory is

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I've never been this angry about JoJo in my entire LIFE

https://twitter.com/PhillipBankss/status/724110840010551297

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Not that I've noticed.

Changed in what way?

My Pucci there is in timg tags but it's not shrunken down.
(I use them even on small images because there's no real reason not to)

So I guess it only does it over a certain file resolution or is broken?

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
I see people all around complaining about the stand names getting changed in the subs, but no one ever talks about the real name change tragedy

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Those are also my least favorite JoJo theories. Granted, I'm not a fan of the fact that Star Platinum and The World both have the same power because that's something that doesn't really ever happen again, but whatever, Araki was still figuring out Stands so whoopsie

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Maybe not strictly the same power 100%, but there are stands that have the same enough power to basically be under the same umbrella. Vitamin C and Spice Girl are basically the same power but applicable to different targets for example.

The way Vitamin C is used is where it truly comes into its own and is a better stand.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah totally, there are similar Stands. Sex Pistols and Emperor, White Album and Born This Way, Araki has shown he can write characters with similar powers and still be totally different. Like I was at first bummed Sex Pistols just looked to be Emperor again, but that went away pretty fast. I'm just glad Araki never doubled on powers in the same Part again.

Granted, there's something to be said for seeing two strong dudes go at each other with the same power and obviously there's some symbolism there of Joestar vs Brando feud being once again bound by fate, but we've seen a lotta good or better final confrontations with totally different powers.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 24, 2016

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Don't forget echoes act 2 and in a silent way

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
In A Silent Way can do some crazy 3D sound effect poo poo too and like block Johnny's nails, I didn't know what was happening.

Cream and The Hand are also super similar, but by virtue of giving it to the villain and one a main character and having the power work in a slightly different way, we never really see them do the same things with it

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

My favourite fan-theory is that Jesus was a JoJo.

Joshua ben Joseph.

It checks out.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
My least favorite fan theory is Johnny seriously likes Gyro's jokes.

My favorite fan theory is Gappy somehow stole that ugly dog's balls, becoming the dog's bollocks well and truly.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

My least favorite fan theory is Johnny seriously likes Gyro's jokes.

My favorite fan theory is Gappy somehow stole that ugly dog's balls, becoming the dog's bollocks well and truly.

You hosed the order up

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

The Sandman posted:

Joshua ben Joseph.

It checks out.

He had to fight the fifty evil Stand Users known as Legion with the help of jis twelve bros.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You hosed the order up

Maybe you should get some corrective eyewear

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Kaasen posted:

I've been seeing this out of context panel of Giorno saying "that's bullshit, but I believe it" for years before I actually jumped on the Jojo train, and now that I've seen the actual panel, I wanted to ask what the gently caress that's about? Are you telling me that was never a real panel?

It's actually a meme phrase in Finnish associated with those mspaint Donald Duck pics and my headcanon has always been that some Finn translated it straight to English, thought it was funny and edited it onto that panel because why not it fits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johnny 10000% loves Gyro's jokes and telling them is how affords trips to Japan with dead religious figures