Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

Why does every critic and YouTube reviewer have to mention how mind-blowingly, dick-shatteringly awesome Wonder Woman's scenes were? She sucked and the movie blew rear end you pretend progressive buttwipes, tell the truth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yeah, I'm pretty baffled by the praise for Gal Gadot's non-role in this movie. It can't be her fight scenes, they were el terrible.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Her lines are delivered in a very stiff manner.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You can't understand her 70's Schwarzenegger accident and she's just all around terrible casting, but when she turns into CGI and flies at the cave troll we're at a point in the movie where the bar is now so loving low that a cartoon fight where one of them is a rubber Wonder Woman is "the best part of the movie".

See also: "Batman doing cool detective stuff" by being tricked into plugging a flash drive into a computer so he could find stuff Lex wanted him to find.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty baffled by the praise for Gal Gadot's non-role in this movie. It can't be her fight scenes, they were el terrible.

I'm pretty sure it's because there was a 10 second shot during the Doomsday fight where she got knocked back but she had a big "gently caress, bring it on rear end in a top hat!" poo poo-eating grin on her face. She was the only character in the entire film who had an unambiguous moment of joy in the film and who was happy to be facing down the bad guys. Every time Superman or Batman had any sort of victory it was tainted by uncertainty or loss or misguided anger or it turned out they were being duped by Lex,, Wonder Woman was the only character who served up an uncomplicated "gently caress yeah!" moment in the entire 2 hr 33 m runtime.
For general audiences who were expecting a bad rear end film about superheroes doing cool poo poo that would have been the highlight for them.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sperghetti posted:

Why does every critic and YouTube reviewer have to mention how mind-blowingly, dick-shatteringly awesome Wonder Woman's scenes were? She sucked and the movie blew rear end you pretend progressive buttwipes, tell the truth!

They're not wrong when they say she's the best part of the movie.

It's just that that's also the dictionary definition of damning with faint praise.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
why not just cast Gina Carano? i watched the better and vastly more successful film Deadpool wait why did i bold that, anyway i watched the film Deadpool gently caress, knock it off, i watched...a recent film with Gina Carano in it, and she had the same range and a better command of english

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Because they are trying to build Gal into a star.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
they better make the dark and serious aquaman movie for Space Cop budget if they plan on making any money on it. i wonder if we'll be able to see the detritus of old mythbusters experiments in the LA high school pool they're shooting it in at night without permission

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Adrianne Palicki somehow managed to look like she could throw a punch but also had a waist. Crazy.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Any version of Aquaman who can't sing the Aquaman's Rousing Song Of Heroism is not a good Aquaman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsEBOlxw4f8

Nobody cared about the original Aquaman beyond "Aquaman, he's really useless!" jokes. Nobody got taken in by Angry, Angsty Aquaman. Happy Aquaman at least had something going for him.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tezzor posted:

why not just cast Gina Carano? i watched the better and vastly more successful film Deadpool wait why did i bold that, anyway i watched the film Deadpool gently caress, knock it off, i watched...a recent film with Gina Carano in it, and she had the same range and a better command of english

i asked the same question.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Here's an idea

Obese Superman

it makes sense too because he never goes to the gym and even if he did everything there would be too light to stimulate his super muscles. I believe a fat superman would better reflect the times we live in and I believe a lot more people in this great nation of ours would be able to identify with him better

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

gal gadot looks exactly like someone who's had superpowers her whole life. they should have actually cast a skinny twig dude as superman since it'd be impossible for him to lift anything heavy enough to get his pump on

edit: kinda beaten. gently caress you

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Superman was obese loads of times in the funny papers before Byrne ruined everything and made Superman not fun.

e: Actually I seem to remember even Byrne did obese Superman.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ROFLburger posted:

Okay I've seen worse movies. The scene where batman and superman become bros was pretty dumb.

Where did you get that name?!?!?!

Bro!!!!

The scary batman voice was even funnier than the one Christian Bale did for the Dark Knight series.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tezzor posted:

Have you seen sicker punch? Carano is not a Snyder type.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

whatever7 posted:

Have you seen sicker punch? Carano is not a Snyder type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZvFQFEjjQw

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Zzulu posted:

Here's an idea

Obese Superman

it makes sense too because he never goes to the gym and even if he did everything there would be too light to stimulate his super muscles. I believe a fat superman would better reflect the times we live in and I believe a lot more people in this great nation of ours would be able to identify with him better

Something awful meta joke about its own community goes here

Then later he loses his weight by pinballing between asteroids in outer space.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Mods please change the title of the GBS and CineD BvS threads to "Batman vs Superman: I've Become a Super-Fatso!"

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
All I see is:

"Gina Carano is Too Heavy
We can't have a female Martha
Idiot"

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Frankly, Gal Gadot could stand to lose 75 pounds.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i want gina carano to crush my head like a watermelon between her thighs

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
How about Ronda Rousey? I thought she was nice in Expendables 3

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Groovelord Neato posted:

i love those videos

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Judakel posted:

Because they are trying to build Gal into a star.

this has always struck me as hilarious since she's an avowed zionist who's already managed to piss off folks as a barely-famous star. it's only a matter of time before she says something too stupid to hand wave away.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
West Batman Best Batman

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

this has always struck me as hilarious since she's an avowed zionist who's already managed to piss off folks as a barely-famous star. it's only a matter of time before she says something too stupid to hand wave away.

I know nothing about Gal Gadot, can you elaborate on this?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

i'd like to invade gal gadot's gaza strip if you know what i mean

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
is the jar of piss going to get a movie?

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Xenomrph posted:

Israeli military (special forces or something like that?) and like many from Israel, thinks they are at war with Palestinians and Arabs in general and will one day sy something along the lines of the Israeli military being totally justified in gunning down Palestinian children which is presumably the next escalation of all this, and not far from happening right now.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Groovelord Neato posted:

Same.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

i'd let gadot murder my children (by swallowing them)

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Xenomrph posted:

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/5630150

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Holy poo poo! Are you telling me that an israeli woman supports israel? :captainpop::captainpop::captainpop:

what a loving monster, what a loving evil bitch

By the way Americans have bombed a lot of civilians and is at least just as bad and would act exactly like Israel if they were in their situation :captainpop:

:captainpop:

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 24, 2016

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Yeah lol you are loving dumb if you think Gal Gadot's career is going to sink because she defends Israel.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

Holy poo poo! Are you telling me that an israeli woman supports israel? :captainpop::captainpop::captainpop:

what a loving monster, what a loving evil bitch

By the way Americans have bombed a lot of civilians and is at least just as bad and would act exactly like Israel if they were in their situation :captainpop:

:captainpop:

Holy poo poo! Are you telling me a German woman in 1944 supported the nazis?!
By the way the allies bombed the poo poo out of Dresden and don't forget dropping nukes on Japan. We would have done the same as Germany if we were in the same situation as they were during the Weimar Republic.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
For content, at least in Hitlers Germany degenerative dreck like Batman vs Superman would have been illegal to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
imagine writing the jar of piss scene and thinking "this is good, I've done something clever here".

Just imagine.

• Locked thread