Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The doc I've been seeing for the last few years decided to not practice medicine as a regular doc, and now only works urgent care. I did not find this out until today when I called to make my appt.

I'm going to run out of pills about 3 days before my appt to go get a refill of my meds. I left a message with the clinic but they haven't called me back about it.

:smith:

Maybe try https://www.livehealthonline.com/ ?

You literally "See" a doctor via webchat and get maybe get a script refilled. I had a friend use it and she literally got a script for a few motion sickness patches for a cruise in less than 10 minutes.

But it might depend on what you need refilled. I imagine things like opiates, or stuff like Xanax or Valium might be harder to get a quick refill on from some doctor who's never met you before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Gonna give the clinic today to call me back, and then I'm gonna just call the pharmacy I use and see if they can front me some pills to get me through the appt.

If not, might just see if I can use that link and score a 90 day refill. Saves money in the long run and I'm gonna be on these fuckers till I'm dead anyway.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
After pitching the receipt for some underwear, I realized that only half of what I bought is actually the right size. Because what possible reason would I need to return underwear? It's underwear.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I woke up early to see a visiting relative off and it's cold. :(

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I'm putting in notice at my job on Monday, and it's going to be awkward as hell telling my boss. And on top of that, my weekend plans fell through, so I'm probably going to spend the next couple days psyching myself out.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Welp, cost me 50$ to learn they can't refill my medication because it's a schedule IV controlled substance that I've been on for most of my life, so I can go to an urgent care clinic and spend at least 140$ more to get a refill to go to a pharmacy to spend more $$$ on some pills to get me through the time till I can go to the doc, which I'll have to give him more money to get a new permission slip to go to the pharmacy to give them more money for the god damned pills again.

Upcoming next, withdrawal symptoms! Hooray!

gently caress I hate the medical industry.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

I'm moving from Colorado back to Florida for a job and there's no way I'll be able to smoke all the weed that I bought before deciding to move.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I took more money out of the atm than I needed to. I also exchanged more currency than I needed so now I have to exchange it back.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Welp, cost me 50$ to learn they can't refill my medication because it's a schedule IV controlled substance that I've been on for most of my life, so I can go to an urgent care clinic and spend at least 140$ more to get a refill to go to a pharmacy to spend more $$$ on some pills to get me through the time till I can go to the doc, which I'll have to give him more money to get a new permission slip to go to the pharmacy to give them more money for the god damned pills again.

Upcoming next, withdrawal symptoms! Hooray!

gently caress I hate the medical industry.

I'm sorry cause I feel like I'm one-upping you. Once I ran out of a med due to an insurance gently caress up and the pharmacy had to charge me $600 for FOUR pills :bravo: (no I could not pay for it so I didn't get any :bravo::bravo: )

Non depressing content: I really hate games that have mods and custom content because I feel like I spend more time trying to figure out which content is breaking my game than actually PLAYING the game.

Edit #4000 I always think of more stuff to say after I've posted a post, or a better way to say it.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 02:36 on Apr 25, 2016

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah, no worries. Hell, I don't have to worry about insurance fuckups because I don't have it :haw:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Rocket League is doing a free play weekend. I played it, it is good, I bought it.

None of my friends have it, and because I already bought myself a copy I can't get the 4-pack to give it to them. :negative:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
The irony of medicine talk is that it's absolutely a First World Problem, and not at all what that phrase is supposed to mean.

Related: On Friday, I spent close to 4 hours at my pharmacy trying not to have a panic attack because I waited til the last minute to get my new psych meds refilled. I'd not used this exact medical system before so I didn't realize that they ask to give them 72 hours to write new scripts, plus I didn't realize my pills didn't have any refills on them. Luckily I was able to get them to handle it for emergency reasons, but it took a very, very long and stressful time.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Thin Privilege posted:

Non depressing content: I really hate games that have mods and custom content because I feel like I spend more time trying to figure out which content is breaking my game than actually PLAYING the game.

You could just not use the mods?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Weather is acting loving bonkers today switching between snowing(it's april goddamnit!) and sunshine in half hour intervals and it sucks.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I sent my phone in for a repair and it was shipped back to me Friday evening, and got to my local FedEx facility Saturday. It could have been shipped to me then, but Motorola didn't pay for Sat shipping, which I can understand.

But then today I check the tracking, and it's listed as "Package not due for delivery."

I looked that up and it basically means the package certainly COULD be delivered today, but FexEd is deliberately holding it an extra day. Motorola paid for "2nd day shipping" and since it was so late on Friday, that doesn't count as one of the "business days," so officially the "two business days" are today and tomorrow, even though they could have sent it out today. Basically, they do this so that people don't start to expect to get their packages sooner than what was paid for. Because gently caress good customer service.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Tiggum posted:

You could just not use the mods?

No.

I cannot make my Russian dystopia otherwise.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

I sent my phone in for a repair and it was shipped back to me Friday evening, and got to my local FedEx facility Saturday. It could have been shipped to me then, but Motorola didn't pay for Sat shipping, which I can understand.

But then today I check the tracking, and it's listed as "Package not due for delivery."

I looked that up and it basically means the package certainly COULD be delivered today, but FexEd is deliberately holding it an extra day. Motorola paid for "2nd day shipping" and since it was so late on Friday, that doesn't count as one of the "business days," so officially the "two business days" are today and tomorrow, even though they could have sent it out today. Basically, they do this so that people don't start to expect to get their packages sooner than what was paid for. Because gently caress good customer service.

I had that happen to me, and complained about out to FedEx, and the reason was it was still boxed up in one of those big loving tractor trailers they use for hauling things. They unbox/unpack em as they go, and since mine was in a later trailer, it didn't get offloaded until it was near ready for delivery.

Still sucks though, and they really really need to add an explanation to their website about it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Helios Grime posted:

Weather is acting loving bonkers today switching between snowing(it's april goddamnit!) and sunshine in half hour intervals and it sucks.

In a similar vein, it's been ~85 all day (shorts weather) but every forecaster is promising that it'll become colder and rainy Really Soon Now (pants weather) and I'm dreading having to be out and about if/when that happens.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I wish it were colder so I could wear my nice sweater to my job training.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Kitten pooped on the rug right before I left for work, and I stepped in it. I only realized this once I got to the car and realized something smelled like poo poo. Kitten took off when I came back in the house. Right now same kitten is hiding because she pissed on another throw rug. The litter boxes are all clean. She got a clean vet check. I have no idea wtf her issue is, unless one of the others is bullying her when we aren't home.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
iPhone photos doesn't show animated gifs so I have to text them to myself to see them.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Thin Privilege posted:

iPhone photos doesn't show animated gifs so I have to text them to myself to see them.

Seriously, this is the dumbest poo poo. They have the ability to play gifs natively, but it's only on their messaging app and not their native picture viewer. :psyduck:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

The air conditioning where I work has been way too high for years. No matter how many people come to make temp readings we still have to dress like it's winter when it's 85 out and then when I leave after my shift I feel dumb because everyone else is wearing shorts and I'm all bundled up :saddowns:

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
I have to wait a whole five minutes before I get a heart to play another round of Sailor Moon Drops.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

My really nice headphones have started buzzing, and I don't want to buy replacements right now.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I keep clicking on FYAD instead of E/N.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

My laptop virtually blew the gently caress up and the hard drive, with a bunch of files I didn't have backed up elsewhere, seems kaput. :negative:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

E: Double post.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
My tea bag has a hole in it, and now there are bits floating in my cup.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

AlphaKretin posted:

My laptop virtually blew the gently caress up and the hard drive, with a bunch of files I didn't have backed up elsewhere, seems kaput. :negative:

You can get a drive dock and see if you can salvage some stuff. Theyre like $30 or something super cheap. Actually I guess that involves taking the computer apart but if it's busted anyways and if it's out of warranty :/

My problem: my recalled graphics card is so broken but still functional enough that I can use my computer (and play games). But I want it to be working properly but I don't have the time to bring it in and have it replaced, even though it's a free replacement.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm getting fatter and no one drags me out of bed to move my limbs like some ghasty marionette to simulate exercise.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Inzombiac posted:

I'm getting fatter and no one drags me out of bed to move my limbs like some ghasty marionette to simulate exercise.

My 8 cats drag me out of bed to do the complicated dance of feeding them all separately and I'm still too lazy after feeding them and doing a ton of physical work. I still go back to bed. We both need a drill sergeant (maybe a big cat) maybe not a cat because cats are assholes :catstare:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 21:16 on May 1, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I want to play the latest Starcraft 2 expansion, which I just bought this morning. Unfortunately, I'm a strange combo of a) had a few beers and b) the developers removing the slower speed settings that I know it wouldn't work out.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

A recent storm has left sticks all over my back yard for my dogs to try to eat. :argh:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
The hair salon I've been going to for years went out of business, so now I'm back to square one on finding someone who knows how to work with curly hair. Plus the owner/head stylist was super nice and I feel bad for her.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The cleaning service I hired arranged my desk and now I'm not quite sure where to find things.

Edit: I found them and they left a pad of paper and extra pens for me.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My boss has no set date for my transfer. I am, in every sense of the word otherwise, transferred to my new store already. I have been for three months according to payroll and every system there is. Save the fact I still report to the center 35 miles away every loving day and not the one almost walking distance.

The pool filter broke and there's a leak in the water pipes so I drained the pool to prevent mosquito outbreaks. Now we have this empty pit in the backyard and I want to turn it into a garden but I doubt anything I do will turn out okay.

I am also trying to grow grass on the other side of the yard, but nothing I do is working. I either overwater or don't water enough.

Maybe I just need to hire a loving landscaper.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I wish there were more Asian-Americans in non-comedic and non-martial arts roles in television and movies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

I wish there were more Asian-Americans in non-comedic and non-martial arts roles in television and movies.

Technically mostly a 3rd world problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I have to be very careful not to get sick in the next two months because I thought I was better partway through a cold but I was wrong, so returning to work for the day (which turned out to be a mistake) just split one sickness into "two in a small period of time", and a third one will get me a writeup. It'll be a first writeup in three years total but I'd like to avoid that. loving weird UK weather...