Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

daily reminder that the army can forever suck my balls

eat poo poo got my dd214

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Could be for the sake of the audience. You hear AR-15 more often than M-16 in the media now and he wanted readers to know what he was talking about.

hes already demonstrated that hes a retard so im gonna go with that instead

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

hes already demonstrated that hes a retard so im gonna go with that instead

I have trouble buying any argument against Petraeus that doesn't start, and end, with his ungentlemanly difficulties not marrying trolls and loving with drama queens

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

So here we go. Army rated me at 20% disability which is a goddamn insult. VA is 70 which is fine and dandy if I had 30 from the Army. I take 3 Percocet, 4 tramadol, and 2 flexiril daily. Please explain to me why that hobo heroin cocktail taken daily warrants 10% per goddamn leg.

Im fighting this poo poo. I'm gonna get mine.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Army disability is always considerably lower than VA ratings. You can try and appeal it, sure.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Soulex posted:

So here we go. Army rated me at 20% disability which is a goddamn insult. VA is 70 which is fine and dandy if I had 30 from the Army. I take 3 Percocet, 4 tramadol, and 2 flexiril daily. Please explain to me why that hobo heroin cocktail taken daily warrants 10% per goddamn leg.

The army is only going to rate you on your specific disabling condition. The VA is going to rate you on your overall body. In the paperwork you got there is rating explanations. It will lay out exactly why they think each leg warrants 10%. It will also list reasons that would cause that rating to go up. If those apply, you need to address them specifically using the language listed on appeal.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Soulex posted:

Who is helping you with the paperwork? There are several organizations that are willing, and able, to help you free of charge.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I got the difference between the two ratings. It's the fact that the rating is what it is. And I know it only counts failing conditions.

I'll never be able to walk far or run again in my life. That's not 10% to me.

I'm already working with the soldier assistance legal team and have an appointment on Wednesday. Shits got me really pissed off

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
You have three choices on how to get your Army rating increased to 30% to get your retirement benefits.

1. You appeal the ratings on the conditions that fail to meet retention standards to the VA and try to get them to 30% combined. The PEB no longer assigns ratings, they just take the rating assigned by the VA for any conditions that fail to meet retention standards.
2. You appeal to have another condition added to your medboard that fails to meet retention standards.
3. You appeal to the PEB and argue that one of the conditions that they determined meets retention standards in fact fails to meet retention standards.

First, it sounds like you should review the VA rules regarding bilateral conditions and see if it is something that can help you: https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/4.26

You should also review AR 40-501, Standards of Medical Fitness. It is goes into detail on what kind of conditions make you unfit for duty and can help you in arguing that a certain condition, by itself in the absence of your other conditions, would have made you unfit for duty.

If you make any appeals to the PEB, I strongly encourage you to go in person and to retain the local DAV rep in San Antonio to represent you before the board. That man is a wizard and will strongly advocate for you.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

daily reminder that the army can forever suck my balls

eat poo poo got my dd214

And my pension. :smuggo:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Delizin posted:

to retain the local DAV rep in San Antonio to represent you before the board. That man is a wizard and will strongly advocate for you.

Seconding this in particular. I used DAV when I got out to get my disability claim rolling, and they did me pretty solid. Use some kind of VSO, if you go in without any kind of backup you can expect to be crushed.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
Just finished WLC and I think I've figured it out now.

It's the people, the reason the whole army is stupid is ultimately the people. The equipment isn't the best but pretty good, the barracks aren't great but they're OK, the job is menial but not the worst by a long shot.

It's the people. I have never spent so much time with people who are so hosed up, from petty to stupid to downright evil. These people have so much power to mess up your day and it's so hard to escape them. They are everywhere. They were my instructors and they were my classmates. The good people ETS and leave, leaving only the awful people.

I really love the army, I love tanks and helicopters and 240bs and wearing body armor and doing ruck marches but gently caress me I don't know if I can take these people for 15 more years.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

celewign posted:

It's the people, the reason the whole army is stupid is ultimately the people. The equipment isn't the best but pretty good, the barracks aren't great but they're OK, the job is menial but not the worst by a long shot.

It's the people. I have never spent so much time with people who are so hosed up, from petty to stupid to downright evil. These people have so much power to mess up your day and it's so hard to escape them. They are everywhere. They were my instructors and they were my classmates. The good people ETS and leave, leaving only the awful people.

I really love the army, I love tanks and helicopters and 240bs and wearing body armor and doing ruck marches but gently caress me I don't know if I can take these people for 15 more years.

And?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

celewign posted:

oh hey another bills poster

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

The only correct answer is to get the gently caress out of the army. You can't change all the idiots and evil fucks in the army. The only thing you can do is get out and revel in the fact that those fucks will only have each other and all their dumb petty poo poo. Hold onto the good memories of good people you served with, and let the rest go. There is nothing good that will come of staying in the army.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mike-o posted:

The only correct answer is to get the gently caress out of the army. You can't change all the idiots and evil fucks in the army. The only thing you can do is get out and revel in the fact that those fucks will only have each other and all their dumb petty poo poo. Hold onto the good memories of good people you served with, and let the rest go. There is nothing good that will come of staying in the army.

pretend this is just empty quoted a million times

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh hey another bills poster

This year is our year. Just like last year and the year before that.

Also, there's lots of upstate NYers in the military because NY has successfully chased all jobs away and grinding poverty sucks.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Mike-o posted:

But helicopters and guns are cool

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Who am I kidding I do satcom. Fml

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Thanks all. I'm at JBlM so I have a bunch of resources here that will help. The big issue I have is that the VA rod the ratings and the PEB are pretty much like "yup!" And piggy back on the decision. You know since the VA is gonna do it anyway.

This is what I'm fighting from the VA

Loss of function in my left arm = 0%. His will be hard because unless I can get the physical from when I came in, I don't have any medical records. I was just like 'nothing they can do.'

Tesitcular pain = 0%. I've had surgery on my left nut due to chronic pain and ended up with varicose veins. Short of having them cut off, I was told nothing else we can do. This is after I had the pure loving agony of them doing spinal injections. Ever heard? They search for the vein by using a portable X-ray machine and put the needle against it and zap it. What hurt? Was it your nuts? No? Find another one. Yes? Alright stick that sumbitch full of steroids and poo poo. Oh only "lasts" about a month. The fact that I drove 4 hours each way on my own dime at least 5 loving times to rid myself of chronic ball pain should say something. Thankfully I have records.

Bilateral compartment syndrome = 10% each leg. The failing condition. The big tuna. I have lots to ask for more as the VA did not have access to my medication records or profiles prior to their tests because they never asked or hinted that it was a thing. I feel that this fight will go in my favor due to those items and the narrative I'll end up writing. poo poo if I have to I'll get my wife to come and do a different narrative.

But I am getting legal help. I'll find out Wednesday what the plan of recourse is. If I don't like it, I'll search elsewhere. I'm not giving this up like I gave everything else up in the army. I've sucked it up, did deployments, came in on the weekend, came in on holidays, spent birthdays and anniversaries in a loving desert, and was whatever goddamn message the army was peddling that day. I've been all I could have been, I was an army of 1, and everything else. I am not going to say "by all means, take the retirement option away! I'll figure out my own medical insurance!" Because I loving won't. My medication bills are going to be enough to loving sink me. And I think the cost of getting to be taken care of medically for the rest of my life is just compensation for never being able to loving run again. I'll never play soccer with my kids or teach them how to skateboard or surf. There won't be family bike rides because I can't handle it, and family outings are always going to be short because daddy's legs hurt and he needs to sit down. This. For however long I live. I've never really believe that life has owed me anything, but I find myself righteously pissed off, and determined that I'll get what I feel is owed. And lord help who fucks with me.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

celewign posted:

You can scratch this itch with movies and video games and maybe an occasional visit to a range. Why the gently caress is it a reason to stay in?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

celewign posted:

If you're a real deal Sierra, get the gently caress out as fast as you can.

No room for promotion in the reserves, poo poo's retarded, and you only have stupid loving posts to fill, where if you're a 25Q you can go a lot further faster; if you're active, it's whatever.

You'll only grind away for longer at lower ranks watching the very people who you despise gaining rank and gently caress everything up.

gently caress the Army; get out, make money somewhere else.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Obstacle2 posted:

You can scratch this itch with movies and video games and maybe an occasional visit to a range. Why the gently caress is it a reason to stay in?

enlisted never change

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

Obstacle2 posted:

Seriously what the gently caress is wrong with you celewign?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

celewign posted:

celewign posted:

holy loving lol

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Get out, go to college, find something you like doing, and peep some college butts. It's tons better than the army. If you have an itch for military vehicles and machine guns go find a range in a state where full auto NFA stuff is legal, and rent something to shoot. Find one of those tank restorers or whatever the gently caress and con your way into getting them to let you drive tanks.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
You've got battered wife syndrome with the army btw.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

I think I need at least one more tour so I have 8 years of experience before I get out...

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

celewign posted:

I think I need at least one more tour so I have 8 years of experience before I get out...

No you do not.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

celewign posted:

If you believe this, you deserve the Army and it deserves you.

Think about that for a second.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
dude i did 12 years and was "over the hump" for retirement

i never went indef or whatever but getting out probably saved my life

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
what I'm saying is helicopters and poo poo are cool as gently caress I agree but some things arent worth it, but, if you're happy thats cool, you're a better man than me.

but I think the moment you had where you realized that everyone is a retarded selfish gently caress, man that poo poo burns deep and its hard to recover from that. Next time you're doing (INSERT STUPID poo poo HERE) and you realize its for a performance bullet on an NCOER/OER

well you'll know what to do

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Case in point, I literally live every moment of my day in pain in some shape or form, will never run again or walk a decent distance due to the army fuckin my legs up. I'm getting 10% per leg.

gently caress army.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

celewign posted:

celewign posted:

Replace "Army" with "heroin," and it's straight out of the Opiates Megathread in TCC.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
If anyone can read the black comedy that is currently McNally's life and still want anything to do with the military, the moment they start making excuses for it is the moment they deserve every terrible thing that happens to them.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The Army is trying to purge itself of everyone worth a drat. Four officers in my unit with 19 collective years of deployment experience in Iraq and Afghanistan are retiring because they can't stand it anymore.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Loden Taylor posted:

Replace "Army" with "heroin," and it's straight out of the Opiates Megathread in TCC.

Holy gently caress it works all the time.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
my nigga have u tried lsd????????

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Gonna start ACAP soon! :dance: :circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
Just met transitions to build my DD214 with one of the oldest, nicest human beings I've ever met. Quartermaster lost one of the pieces of my IOTV (shoulder Velcro piece) but is claiming I never dropped it off even though its on the inventory. Don't even care, take all my money, I'm on the way out gently caress the army.

• Locked thread