Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Quality post for the new page

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I need Dameon Clarke performing a spoken word Rocket Man pronto

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?
I'd buy it....if it were real :(

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
I want to hear Jack sing Daisy like HAL 9000.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Gearbox held a PAX panel today where Randy Pitchford did magic tricks, they talked about Battleborn, and they have said -- once again -- that Borderlands 3 is in development. Nothing noteworthy was said aside from them alluding to Scooter dying in Tales from the Borderlands, to which our very adored Mikey Neumann said that perhaps Scooter had a son named Scooper who may or may not show up in the next Borderlands.

Scooper is real 2401

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Scooter reproducing would stretch people's suspension of disbelief far beyond what AI megalomaniacs and alien prison wardens had already.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

Gearbox held a PAX panel today where Randy Pitchford did magic tricks, they talked about Battleborn, and they have said -- once again -- that Borderlands 3 is in development. Nothing noteworthy was said aside from them alluding to Scooter dying in Tales from the Borderlands, to which our very adored Mikey Neumann said that perhaps Scooter had a son named Scooper who may or may not show up in the next Borderlands.

Scooper is real 2401

Here's hoping for a defense stat.

Dolash posted:

Scooter reproducing would stretch people's suspension of disbelief far beyond what AI megalomaniacs and alien prison wardens had already.

Moxxi had him added in the New-U station registry and forgot to tell him because she's a good mom who looks out for her kids. :colbert:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Moxxi had him added in the New-U station registry and forgot to tell him because she's a good mom who looks out for her kids. :colbert:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Scooper will just be Scooter, but with Groucho Marx glasses on.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Dolash posted:

Really, he's just a Scooter Fan who happens to be pretty good with machines and decided to try and impersonate him because who else is going to take care of the Catch-A-Rides?

He still can't quite say it right though. 'CAHTCH A ROIIIIIIIID'

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Skill points may be non-canon for every other Vault Hunter but I bet they're real for Gaige. She name-drops a whole bunch of them in her ECHO casts; apparently they're the names of the battle programs she and her robot are running. And she's the kind of dork who would call her own battle programs "skill points."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Are New-U Stations not what the things that you respawn at are called? I only just got into this series a few weeks ago, I'm super bad at terminology. :ohdear:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

New-U stations are the places you revive at when you die. Officially they are super non canonical because otherwise no plot death would ever matter.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

New-U stations are the places you revive at when you die. Officially they are super non canonical because otherwise no plot death would ever matter.

Oh drat. :( RIP Scooter.

And, because I just got to this point, RIP Bloodwing.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Yeah, if New-U stations were canon, Jack could kill the vault hunters for good just by locking them out of the system. Or twink with their genetic code or something before they respawn.

Hyperion would like to remind you that Hell is reserved exclusively for pedophiles and those who use Jakobs munitions.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Kaubocks posted:

I find it amusing that New-U stations being noncanon resolves the issue of plot deaths and then at the same time opens up more plot-holes about how Pandora has anything close to a sustainable population what with all the bandit murder, horrible animals, horrible diseases and generally the constant stream of murderdeath.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Crasical posted:

I find it amusing that New-U stations being noncanon resolves the issue of plot deaths and then at the same time opens up more plot-holes about how Pandora has anything close to a sustainable population what with all the bandit murder, horrible animals, horrible diseases and generally the constant stream of murderdeath.

It doesn't have a sustainable population, I don't think? It just started off really really big. It's not like we haven't seen several abandoned cities and towns at this point, we're now down a Hyperion and however much of the first town was hit by a moonshot. I don't even think it's been all that long since they gave up on the planet and stopped shipping people to it, probably less than a decade?

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Apr 23, 2016

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

It also says "plot inconsistencies", so, you know - MST3Kmantra.jpg.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

GlyphGryph posted:

It doesn't have a sustainable population, I don't think? It just started off really really big. It's not like we haven't seen several abandoned cities and towns at this point, we're now down a Hyperion and however much of the first town was hit by a moonshot. I don't even think it's been all that long since they gave up on the planet and stopped shipping people to it, probably less than a decade?

Yeah, you have to keep in mind both Dahl and Atlus brought a poo poo ton of people to Pandora at the peak of their exploitation of the planet.

It's basically like the gold rush, except most people got left behind after the resources dried up.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Pyroi posted:

Scooper will just be Scooter, but with Groucho Marx glasses on.
I can hear him say it: "One morning I caught a ride in my pajamas. How it got into my pajamas, I'll never know."

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

GlyphGryph posted:

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah, you have to keep in mind both Dahl and Atlus brought a poo poo ton of people to Pandora at the peak of their exploitation of the planet.

It's basically like the gold rush, except most people got left behind after the resources dried up.

Hyperion was starting to bring in a bunch of people to exploit Eridium. And with the power vacuum left by Jack's death and the destruction of Helios, it's entirely possible for one of the other big players to make a grab for Pandora.

Pandora is just a nexus for really big, really bad ideas.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

IMJack posted:

Pandora is just a nexus for really big, really bad ideas.

We are three for three on megacorps coming and stubbing their crotch on Pandora at this point.

Four for four if Jakobs counts after the whole zombie island thing?

Torgue's probably doing okay? Four for five?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Torgue will likely never bother with Pandora on a scale besides "sell stock to Marcus so he can sell them to the locals" because Mr. Torgue is too busy being interested in wrestling, BBQ and designing new guns.

I would like to see an invasion of the second-string companies like Vladof or Maliwan or Tediore just trying to play Big Business and scrambling over the wreckage of everything to call dibs on what they find.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Hostile V posted:

Torgue will likely never bother with Pandora on a scale besides "sell stock to Marcus so he can sell them to the locals" because Mr. Torgue is too busy being interested in wrestling, BBQ and designing new guns.

I would like to see an invasion of the second-string companies like Vladof or Maliwan or Tediore just trying to play Big Business and scrambling over the wreckage of everything to call dibs on what they find.

Well I mean to be fair the dlc that introduced Torgue was him living it up and having a testosterone fueled explosive gladiatorial smorgasbord and in general reveling in pandora. If he wasn't there in person he was certainly there in spirit.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Fair point. Selling guns to Marcus and sponsoring bloodsports then.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Hostile V posted:

Fair point. Selling guns to Marcus and sponsoring bloodsports then.

If Torgue were the next big corporation on Pandora it'd probably be because another company reignited the 'Explosions vs. Lasers' war from the Pre-Sequel. That's pretty much the only thing that would get Mr. Torgue to go actually-full-ham-more-than-he-already-is on the place.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
The reason I say 'Probably okay' is that I doubt they actually -lost- money on the Campaign of Carnage, but the Torgue Board of Directors was annoyed by Torgue (the guy) messing up their whole Wattle Gobbler event.

...Come to think of it, videotaping bloodsports/reality shows on Pandora is probably a great way to monetize the place safely(?) without loving yourself.

• Hyperion/Atlas/Dahl/S&S: Major fuckups on Pandora
  • Jakobs: Moderate fuckup on Pandora
  • Torgue: Probably okay?
  • Tediore, Vladof, Maliwan, Anshin, Pangolin: Have just sold poo poo, no other corporate ventures on Pandora

Pandora is a disaster hole if you try and actually build anything there.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
What did S&S do, besides losing their niche in the market to bandits building weapons out of literal garbage?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
They went out of business because their niche in the market was able to be filled by bandits building weapons out of literal garbage

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Wasn't S&S's specialty really goddamn big magazines? God they were the worst. Well, second worst in BL1 behind Tediore, before they became "reload to explode" in BL2 and not just the shittiest weapons that you could reload slightly faster.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Didn't Torgue sell his shares in the company or something? Yeah, he sold his designs and the company to the executive board for $12 and a high-five. So... hopefully he's got some money still tucked away.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Vicissitude posted:

Yeah, he sold his designs and the company to the executive board for $12 and a high-five.

:allears: I love Torgue so much. :allears:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Felinoid posted:

Wasn't S&S's specialty really goddamn big magazines? God they were the worst. Well, second worst in BL1 behind Tediore, before they became "reload to explode" in BL2 and not just the shittiest weapons that you could reload slightly faster.

Massive mags, good reloads (for the mag size) and just under Maliwan for elemental proc chance/elemental proc cooldown.
And don't bash Tediore. A Good tediore combat rifle has a reloads faster than you can shoot.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Apr 24, 2016

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Massive mags, good reloads (for the mag size) and just under Maliwan for elemental proc chance/elemental proc cooldown.
And don't bash Tediore. A Good tediore combat rifle has a reloads faster than you can shoot.

I still prefer a Jakobs. You don't need to reload if they're already dead from a single shot to the dome. :colbert:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Vicissitude posted:

Didn't Torgue sell his shares in the company or something? Yeah, he sold his designs and the company to the executive board for $12 and a high-five. So... hopefully he's got some money still tucked away.

I'm pretty sure that happened before they all died from an explosion during the turkey DLC in 2.

So he technically owns the company again. By virtue of designing more explosive guns to sell.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Naw, his next move is a partnership with Tediore to design guns that not only shoot explosives, but also are explosives.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Captain Bravo posted:

Naw, his next move is a partnership with Tediore to design guns that not only shoot explosives, but also are explosives.

Aren't there Tediore rocket launchers already?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Torgue + Tediore = Toreador

:aaaaa:

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I want to see if Tediore shows up in future installments. Their corporate branding emphasises cheap, family-friendly products with a smiling mascot called Mrs. Tediore. They're the Wal-Mart of outer space.

• Locked thread