Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
anyway its a funny picture and it's funny because it portrays an image that would appear racist to most people and has been shared across the internet for years because of that. if you looked at the picture and didn't think "this looks racist" I don't believe you because you're lying but I know it's a fun gbs thing to deny things can be racist. You should be laughing at it becasuse it looks racist though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Thanks for the info.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
A lot of people seemed to be missing why it was funny, which is becasuse it looks racist

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Aesop Poprock posted:

A lot of people seemed to be missing why it was funny, which is becasuse it looks racist

I don't find racism to be funny, actually

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

regardless it is white trash as gently caress

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

I don't find racism to be funny, actually

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's funny because it shows two idiot tourists doing idiot tourist stuff with a local with what I assume is a permanent look of "stupid loving white man" that is shared by all tourist serving locals across all of the islands and places south of Texas that Americans go to so that they can get sunburned and drunk.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

it also funny because it involves funny looking degenerate british people (the trashiest white people in the world) where the guy is wearing a loving football jersey at a tropical resort

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Aesop Poprock posted:

Nah

eugenics_slew
Apr 24, 2016

by Lowtax
the jealousy of that trailer park life w illegal muskie fishing bullfrog catching is high ya true

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ha look at this silly europer getting a taste of 'murica!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2448194/Emotional-photographs-Americas-real-beauty-sadness-captured.html

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:

Please try to stay on topic.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
thread is racist

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
'Southern Momma' Who Shot Kids' Cell Phones Loses Custody of Teens After New Stunt

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kids taken away due to mean memeing

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Business Gorillas posted:

what, they couldn't call it "steak-mmmms?"

Whenever I think of "umm" instead of the normal "mmm," I think of this old Tootsie Roll commercial at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wrI4iHSusA

Makes me think of some indifferent marketing dude on a deadline coming up with "Umm... it's from Tootsie Roll, I guess :rolleyes:," and they just went with it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

This woman is 100% insane and should not have access to firearms, what the hell is wrong with America haha

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wow yahoo new is worse than tmz with the ancillary side stories of trash and sex.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Not a whole lot more perturbing about the midwest than some upper middle class people who live in the suburbs and work in the city yet drive giant diesel trucks and send their kids to prom in RealTree and listen to country obsessively and have dozens of pairs of cowboy boots.

Why do people debase themselves? Have there been any scientific study behind why people identify with white trash retards when by all means they are well to-do?

naem
May 29, 2011

Justin Tyme posted:

Not a whole lot more perturbing about the midwest than some upper middle class people who live in the suburbs and work in the city yet drive giant diesel trucks and send their kids to prom in RealTree and listen to country obsessively and have dozens of pairs of cowboy boots.

Why do people debase themselves? Have there been any scientific study behind why people identify with white trash retards when by all means they are well to-do?

They want to have their cake and eat it too

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

even if you're king of trash mountain you're still king

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

Yeah, why would rich people be dumb? Everyone knows that if you are white and rich, you are automatically cooler and classier than someone who is white and poor.

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Justin Tyme posted:

My guess is that it's Agricultural Worker cosplay.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Justin Tyme posted:

The one idea that occurs to them is that instead of feeling bad about themselves they can feel good about themselves by celebrating the depravity.

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

90s_haircuts.jpg

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

The_Franz posted:

90s_haircuts.jpg

what is white trash but 20 years behind the times?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

...Tiger Woods?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

kazr posted:

even if you're king of trash mountain you're still king

Sounds like it's time to move to the trailer park

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Around here there is a direct correlation between a house with one of those tanks, the number of muddy diesel trucks in the driveway, the amount of dip consumed by the homes inhabitants, and their hate for minorities.

Those are unincorporated neighborhoods without natural gas lines.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Powercrazy posted:

Those are unincorporated neighborhoods without natural gas lines.

Goons don't live outside Seattle

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Justin Tyme posted:

Not just a Midwest thing, it's huge on Long Island for whatever loving purpose. It's hard to scream "heritage not hate" when your heritage stems from the first suburbs in the country.

This might explain it better?

Is there a subset of white trash for wannabe white trash?

E: Are there even more subsets of white trash? I want a white trash character class sheet.

teen witch has a new favorite as of 03:08 on Apr 25, 2016

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

teen witch posted:

Not just a Midwest thing, it's huge on Long Island for whatever loving purpose. It's hard to scream "heritage not hate" when your heritage stems from the first suburbs in the country.

This might explain it better?

Is there a subset of white trash for wannabe white trash?

E: Are there even more subsets of white trash? I want a white trash character class sheet.

It's like black folks who act hood even though they're from the nice suburbs ... just a way to differentiate yourself from your peers

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

I've just googled Hatleberg - he thinks he's some latter day James Agee -he's not. While the camera never lies, it can be manipulated -none of the people depicted in his photos are hungry or homeless, and quite a few are just ordinary folk who enjoy a reasonable standard of living, without,unlike in the UK mooching off the taxpayer.Yes, some of the areas depicted look slummy -but quite a bit of the garbage is high end appliance packaging, go figure! It's not as if the UK doesn't have slums, and all in a cradle-grave welfare state. The basic problem here is that big government is now dedicated to social tinkering and not to slimming down and minding its own business and staying out of ours. Simple!

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
But but but that poor waitress in Bethesda, MD.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

It's like black folks who act hood even though they're from the nice suburbs ... just a way to differentiate yourself from your peers

Or white folks who do the same.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I think swimming with horses might be a fun job and yes i would like to work from home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
A man in a blue suit talks on a payphone while another man sits in a black car in Detroit, Michigan. - A 'journalist'

• Locked thread