Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

DontMindMe posted:

drat.

I took a gamble in hopes of getting my hands on the Space set for Unknown (just 2 pieces).

After 4 10x pulls, I ended up with:

2 Mad Guitarist set weapons
4 Mad Guitarist set armors
1 Space set weapon

So much for that :(

Gachacat Pulls: Not Even Once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

NinjaDebugger posted:

Accepted. Dershiva's two days inactive at this point, if he hits 4, I'll boot him and shoot you an invite.

Once you've got your expeditions to level 10, start pumping gems into battle mastery, starting with Hellfire and Grace. Once you have those two maxed, you'll have access to the best tier, do Armor, HP, and Attack, in that order, then crit rate on the next tier.

If you buy Coocoo's Gift and do all your dailies, you'll get about 90 crystals per day just from those. Spend it all on expeditions and lord mastery (attack first, then support).

In the current strange potion event, you want to buy all your dailies, especially as a new player, the Coocoos, which will let you rocket your dudes way faster than we could back in the day. Feel free to use the energy potion to help you get more strange potions. If you can get enough potions in the 3 days left, I'd recommend grabbing the Magician Girl Lord costume, because it may not ever be available again. If you can't get that high, and have potions left on the last day, use them to grab the Devil's Soul items, which you normally only get 1 of per month of each type, at best, or to buy perfect genes, which you will never have nearly enough of.

If you decide to skimp on anything in the dailies, make it the golden coocoos (you'll frequently get poo poo you can't use for quite a while), the mana stones, and the gold. You'll get plenty of mana stones and gold for your needs in the early game.

For spending your coocoos, you want to use them to level your core team as high as you can, as fast as you can. You can use that core team to SS the coocoo dungeons in Nepthys, and once you've leveled that up, getting your other heroes up to 3 stars is much easier.

Thank you, especially for the event related tips. Hard to tell what's worth getting at this point in the game.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

DontMindMe posted:

drat.

I took a gamble in hopes of getting my hands on the Space set for Unknown (just 2 pieces).

After 4 10x pulls, I ended up with:

2 Mad Guitarist set weapons
4 Mad Guitarist set armors
1 Space set weapon

So much for that :(

Space Set isn't stellar for Unknown, unfortunately. I have it, and tried it, and his range just hamstrings attempts at a counter build. I'll be trying it on Nox, but I'm not terribly hopeful, Nox isn't great in the first place.

Two full mad guitarist sets isn't horrible, though. Throw them on some combination of Jack, Bearman, and Muzaka, people who're gonna get pounded on a lot. 1000 crit rate and 1600 attack is significant, in the absence of more absurd sets.

Foppington posted:

Thank you, especially for the event related tips. Hard to tell what's worth getting at this point in the game.

No problem.

Speaking of Nox, my rankings for the limited availability heroes that you can choose between are:

Persona > Nox (Especially if you want your Nirvana to not be garbage.) Nox is nothing particularly special, aside from being the only ranged character with life drain, and he's not awesome enough to justify taking him over Persona's stupidly useful 6 move and position swapping.

Mu > Unknown > Momo > Shark
This ranking is debatable, but generally I consider Mu worth playing in PVP, as her passive is nearly a built in Gold Lion set, and she's absurdly handy against many bosses in both PVE and Tower of Dawn, and both she and Unknown can speed up your progression through Rock coocoos. Momo is a ranged Dominique, while Shark is mostly just silly, though at least his 100% confusion chance is actually interesting.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 20, 2016

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?

NinjaDebugger posted:

Accepted. Dershiva's two days inactive at this point, if he hits 4, I'll boot him and shoot you an invite.

Once you've got your expeditions to level 10, start pumping gems into battle mastery, starting with Hellfire and Grace. Once you have those two maxed, you'll have access to the best tier, do Armor, HP, and Attack, in that order, then crit rate on the next tier.

If you buy Coocoo's Gift and do all your dailies, you'll get about 90 crystals per day just from those. Spend it all on expeditions and lord mastery (attack first, then support).

In the current strange potion event, you want to buy all your dailies, especially as a new player, the Coocoos, which will let you rocket your dudes way faster than we could back in the day. Feel free to use the energy potion to help you get more strange potions. If you can get enough potions in the 3 days left, I'd recommend grabbing the Magician Girl Lord costume, because it may not ever be available again. If you can't get that high, and have potions left on the last day, use them to grab the Devil's Soul items, which you normally only get 1 of per month of each type, at best, or to buy perfect genes, which you will never have nearly enough of.

If you decide to skimp on anything in the dailies, make it the golden coocoos (you'll frequently get poo poo you can't use for quite a while), the mana stones, and the gold. You'll get plenty of mana stones and gold for your needs in the early game.

For spending your coocoos, you want to use them to level your core team as high as you can, as fast as you can. You can use that core team to SS the coocoo dungeons in Nepthys, and once you've leveled that up, getting your other heroes up to 3 stars is much easier.

I'm playing for 3 days now, what's a decent core team? Trying to get Jack and I've got Debroah to 3*

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

puschel posted:

I'm playing for 3 days now, what's a decent core team? Trying to get Jack and I've got Debroah to 3*

The team that took me through most of the early and mid game was Jack, Alfred, Mu, Deborah, and Kai/Carrot.

Of those, Jack and Mu are never going to stop being amazing, and Deborah is invaluable as your best source of anti-Scissors Coocoo power. Alfred is also long-term useful thanks to his excellent third skill, but Lance is also now quite good, especially once you have Mu and get him to 3 stars for 6 movement.

Carrot stays useful a great deal longer than Kai, even though Kai advances faster.

Mostly, what I'd say is concentrate on Jack and Mu when you get them, keeping everybody else up as best you can, and use that to unlock better people. If you're unlocking Jack, you should probably be able to go just a smidge further and unlock Serendi in the next area (she's an automatic unlock, though you need to farm genes to level her stuff), and for all that her character design is kind of awful, she is broke as gently caress, so add her to your core immediately. Conveniently, she ALSO combos with Lance, so honestly I'd consider using Lance, Serendi, Mu, and Jack as your core, and swap the fifth slot as needed.

Also, for those trying to unlock Mu right now, max out her passive first, then her third skill, then her first skill. Leave her second skill at level 1 until you're taking her to 5 stars, so that you can spam the poo poo out of it. That 100% stun + area attack/defense down is beyond amazing, and you should abuse the poo poo out of it.

Her passive will actually make it easier to auto things, because every ally that dies, at low levels, is going to do absolutely absurd things to her attack and HP, as it's a static boost.

Honestly... if I were all the way back at the start again, and powering through everything up to Lily, I'd probably make my core midgame team Lance, Lily, Serendi, Gillan, and Mu, swapping in Jack for Gil as necessary for SSing bosses. The entire team has swampwalk, Lance is a tank with AOE lockdown and taunt and SIX movement. Lily can trigger his 100% 2 turn stun off himself, Lance, and Serendi. Serendi heals, charms, and removes debuffs. Gillan heals and disarms an area. And Mu heals, has another 100% stun, and goes supersaiyan when her teammates die.

It's a solid, synergistic team, and uses nobody from later than Foose.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 21, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
My friend just told me his account got deleted due to the update. Anyone else have any issues? I'm afraid to log in.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Charles Bukowski posted:

My friend just told me his account got deleted due to the update. Anyone else have any issues? I'm afraid to log in.

No? It's also a bit vague on how that happened because this game offers multiple methods of logging in.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
No issues here on Android.

Any tips for TOD 75? I don't have Lena or Yeka, and it is kicking my rear end. Current 5*s are:

Bearman 70
Deborah 70
Chenny 70
Gillan 70
Jack 70
Kai 70
Raskreia 70
Seira 70
Serendi 70
Unknown 70
Carrot 48
Muzaka 48
Mu 22
Mas 8
Chris 1

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5ocnJOYScg

Follow this guy's method for 75. You can do this without Dolores but it would mean you can't attack the boss when his reflect buff is on. The main idea is to have the boss clog up the bridge so the wolves can't get in and also stack your units so the boss can't shove them back.

You don't need a 5* Dolores for this floor but if you can get him up to 4*, he should be able to tank hits from the boss if you slap on +9 armors and brooches with %def potentials.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Somefool posted:

No? It's also a bit vague on how that happened because this game offers multiple methods of logging in.

Talking to him further it looks like somehow he's lost access to that account on his phone. His account is still on my friends list. He submitted a support ticket so we'll see what happens.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

Talking to him further it looks like somehow he's lost access to that account on his phone. His account is still on my friends list. He submitted a support ticket so we'll see what happens.

If he had a linked account, he may need to re-link it, the upgrade could have wiped the association.

As for 75, that boss (and others like him) are the reason I say Persona is better than Nox. There are three heroes that I know of that can dispel enemy buffs. One is the pig, one is Angela, and one is Persona, and of the three, I much prefer Persona, because Angela requires you to not have your allies adjacent to the target. Also, his buff remover also adds 5500+ to his dodge, making him a bit more survivable.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Managed to finally beat 75 by just burning boss down in center with Lena merc.

80 took me a couple tries to beat (kept missing the last hellfire).

85 I got super lucky and stunned my way to victory (Bearman landed every single stun)

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Is there coop pve in this?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

No coop anything, sadly. Also no direct PvP, everything is you vs AI.

The closest thing to coop is getting mercs from your friends, and goons will be happy to hook you up with mercs WAY beyond your level that will help you progress quickly.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
my lord is a girl now, just like in my japanese animes

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

my lord is a girl now, just like in my japanese animes

I actually love his reaction to being turned into a woman. "I can still think clearly, I still have all my magic. I got no problems."

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Also his male voice, if you use any of his magic

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013
I liked Albert's "I'm tired. I'm leaving." at the end of it.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I really wish I didn't finish the current story mode. Watching the map screen constantly flash red is annoying as hell. :suicide:

Moon Island where are you?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Somefool posted:

I really wish I didn't finish the current story mode. Watching the map screen constantly flash red is annoying as hell. :suicide:

Moon Island where are you?

:stare:

http://fantasywartacticsforum.com/threads/update-preview-1-11th-area-%E2%80%9Cmoon-island%E2%80%9D.1736/

<Update Preview #1> 11th Area “Moon Island”

1. Scenario
In search of Klein, the Lord and his companions arrive at Moon Island, where it suffers from a rupture between dimensions caused by mana black hole phenomenon.
There, the Lord encounters Hella… What will he hear from Hella and what does she want to tell him?
‘Unveiling the mysteries behind the World Reformation Council…!’

Also

Patch Notes

Character Remake
All based on skill level 10
Alex
1st skill - increase attack per tile increased from 1.9% to 8%
2nd skill - 50.5% Chance to decrease 825 attack for 3 turns changed to 100% chance to decrease 1430 attack for 2 turns
3rd skill - 157.3% attack to 171.8% attack
Passive - Removed aggro effect, added 10% additional damage on debuffed enemies, decrease received critical damage by 15%
Kitty
1st skill - Added 100% chance to decrease movement by 2 to enemies with DOT
2nd skill - Added 80% chance to stun enemies with DOT for 1 turn
3rd skill - DOT duration increase to 2 turns, added 19.5% weakening.
Passive - Added self-heal. Every odd turn, Kitty heals herself by 20% of max HP
New costumes
Serendi - Attack+285, Crit rate + 100
Alex - HP+900, Crit rate+100
Kitty - Attack+190, Defense+300
Costume sale for new costumes for one week

https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyWarTactics/comments/4fmzk0/april_21st_update_patch_note_korean/

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 22, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

No. The only ftp mobile game that I can think of with coop pve is Terra Battle.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
What are the Devil's Soul items used for?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Foppington posted:

What are the Devil's Soul items used for?

They are experience enhancers. You have 10 slots to fill with golden coocoos (ideally) when you level up a hero. Add one devil soul and 9 coocoos of the corresponding colour to maximize the experience gained.

OP updated and cleaned a bit
Thanks Ninja Debugger for the writeups I quoted

new costumes

Edit: Recommend me a good team to auto Lee and Azrael. Goddamn. :negative:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 23, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Helical Nightmares posted:

You can't auto Azrael's chaos, not even the whales on reddit have found a way to do that poo poo. His first two are pretty loving hard, too.

Lee, though, I can auto his Hard and Chaos with Jack, Muzaka, Elektra, Gillan, Mu. Swapping Gillan out for even my pretty weak Yekaterina works fine, too. His Hell stage, though, has anti-auto geography, so I have to run the first two turns, THEN auto, otherwise they'll durdle around behind the swamp barrier and run out of time.

For what it's worth, as far as the gem advice goes, I completely stand by my new ordering over van fem's.

quote:

Expedition to level 10
Friends list to 50 slots (once you're strong enough people are using your Merc for expedition runs, upgrade to 100)
Roll for accessories (if you lack them for your main 5 party members)
Expand inventory a few times for sanity (optional)
Serendi's +move Costume (600 crystals)
Reset Coocoo/cat-exp dungeon twice a day (wait till you can do at least level 7 of the dungeon)
Invest in Lord Masteries

I'd revise this to:

Expedition to level 10.
Friends to 50.
Invest in Lord Battle Masteries (Hellfire, Grace, Defense, HP, Attack, Crit)
Invest in Lord Support Masteries (Your choice, Forced March, Skilled Expedition, Insight. Respec these as needed when fishing for potentials and binging on equipment upgrades)
Everything else, except maybe somewhere in the middle of the masteries, you can splurge on Serendi's +Move costume.
Now you can splurge on lord costumes and gacha.

The lord costume that gives 285 attack and 25 MP costs you 1000 crystals. For that price you can get 11*50 + 7*60 battle mastery. That's 18 points, enough to max out any single skill of your choice. In the early game, maxing out your Hellfire and Grace is going to give you a hell of a lot more power in fights than 285 attack and 25 MP, especially for beating bosses. Maxed out Grace makes you the next best thing to immune to damage, even in the early game, while maxed out hellfire will eat 20%+ HP from everything on the field, no questions asked. This also gets you into the almighty third tier of battle masteries faster, where the defense mastery gives you, when maxed out, a flat 4.5% bonus to all your heroes. If they had 50%, they will now have 54.5%, etc. Combined with grace, this will take you even closer to 2 turns of near invincibility.

Moreover, if you have good luck with accessories and getting %HP -> Attack conversions on them, you can swap the order on HP and Defense masteries, gaining both offense and defense in a single go, and all of these are going to let you SS bosses faster and more easily, which 25 MP is really not going to do in most cases.

The same argument applies to spending gems on resetting the coocoo dungeons. Until you've finished your lord masteries and gotten a bunch of people fully equipped, don't do it.

For filling out accessories, I think you're honestly better off doing Sphinx's dungeon on sunday. Get yourself a bunch of energy off a guild, save it up all week, and drop it all on running the level you need accessories on. You'll probably only get a few, but between those and free pulls from events, on time bonuses, and from working your way up the Tower of Dawn each month, you should be okay for most purposes, until you get all your masteries.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 23, 2016

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Oh man I'm so close to beating TOD Hard for the first time.

Just beat 100. Almost there...

If I do manage to beat it, I'd assume I should build up Yeka ASAP? I was planning to put my P genes into Rage, but Yeka seems much more useful currently.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Helical Nightmares posted:

I use Jack/Muzaka/Chenny/Lena/Yekaterina for Hard. That team can usually auto the stage too, like NinjaDebugger said though, half the team gets stuck in terrain during auto so sometimes the ones that make it out get killed and they time out. For Chaos I replace Jack with Elektra, she isn't leveled and dies pretty quick but the rest of the team takes care of things.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Oh noooo...
105 is kicking my rear end! Don't do this to me TOD I am so close!

Edit: Finally! Unknown saves the day once again.

Onto 110

Edit 2: I finally did it! Got Pink Ranger Set as reward

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Apr 23, 2016

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Yekaterina trivializes Nirvana pretty much (unless you get unlucky and she doesn't get a charge first turn, but hey, them's the breaks).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IG8mCrpb-0

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I just found a set item which triggers when the wearer has 7 health. Is this some sort of typo, or is it just a really bad set?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

I just found a set item which triggers when the wearer has 7 health. Is this some sort of typo, or is it just a really bad set?

they hosed up and broke the word wrapping on trigger conditions. It's 75% health, most likely, definitely if you're talking about OUTER SPACE!

DontMindMe posted:

Oh noooo...
105 is kicking my rear end! Don't do this to me TOD I am so close!

Edit: Finally! Unknown saves the day once again.

Onto 110

Edit 2: I finally did it! Got Pink Ranger Set as reward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFQVZ2h0V8

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 24, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

So, I've got a full team of 4*s in the low twenties. What's typically needed to complete even the normal ToD?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

So, I've got a full team of 4*s in the low twenties. What's typically needed to complete even the normal ToD?

You can generally do it with a good team of high 4*, low 5*, as long as they're good characters.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Well, at the moment, I'm working with various combinations of Chris, Rask, Mu, Daisy, Deborah and Serendi. I know Rask is apparently suboptimal, but I started playing during Noblesse and she looks cool and has been fun. :kiddo:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I finished Normal with only one five-star (Chris) and outside of Jack and Alfred I used "sub-optimal" characters. Jack is a pretty big deal for bosses, though.

Most of the normal stages are basically just puzzle fights. It's not until Hard that you start needing tweaked as heck heroes.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Jack is a pretty big deal for bosses, though.

This. Jack is decidedly not optional. You either raise him or you fail at a huge number of levels outright. He and Serendi are so goddamn broke that they should pretty much always be part of your core team.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
I'm really enjoying this game at the moment. I was sure lucky to start in the middle of an event, I managed to get all of the dailies everyday + the UK Genes and Devils.

I'm just impressed by the copious amounts of premium currency they throw at you. It doesn't make me feel obligated to buy anything at all, but admittedly I did buy the Coocoo's Gift for $1.99.

Just missing Mu from my Core team now (I have Jack, Serendi, Deborah and Carrot all 3 star).

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Foppington posted:

I'm really enjoying this game at the moment. I was sure lucky to start in the middle of an event, I managed to get all of the dailies everyday + the UK Genes and Devils.

I'm just impressed by the copious amounts of premium currency they throw at you. It doesn't make me feel obligated to buy anything at all, but admittedly I did buy the Coocoo's Gift for $1.99.

Just missing Mu from my Core team now (I have Jack, Serendi, Deborah and Carrot all 3 star).

Coocoo's gift is high quality. Early on, it's 2bux to buy your expeditions and some mastery. After that, it more or less works out to $5 for a montly 10x 5* gacha, and only gets better from there.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Finally got around to completing the normal Tower of Dawn. Got the S rank, 4* Dragonslayer set. Any good? I don't know too much about sets and such.

Also dang, I was hoping the blue genes would have given me more for Rage. I wasn't even able to max his 3 with the points I got. Use next months blue genes for him or just use perfect genes to max him?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

Finally got around to completing the normal Tower of Dawn. Got the S rank, 4* Dragonslayer set. Any good? I don't know too much about sets and such.

Also dang, I was hoping the blue genes would have given me more for Rage. I wasn't even able to max his 3 with the points I got. Use next months blue genes for him or just use perfect genes to max him?

Dragonslayer's plenty good as a starter 4* set. You can always use more attack on your favorite Scissors person, and the lava affinity can come in randomly helpful.

Unfortunately, it takes like 3 months of blue genes to max out a blue hero, as I recall, plus the month to unlock them, so I decided none of them were essential and just unlocked them all for the story bits.

If you really like Rage and want to main him, I'd say gently caress it, blow the perfects once you decide you're not going to get Yekaterina that month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
He and Serendi seem to make a good duo.

• Locked thread