Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Alabaster White posted:

15 Concords down, 15 to go :sigh:

I'm at SL61, +3-6 weapon bracket, camping out in Irithyll but I'm not getting any summons. Wasn't there some kind of port-forwarding trick you could do to get summoned more reliably?

Someone said that but I got no results myself, it's supposedly the same ports as Bloodborne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
whoever thought that to get Corvyx's set meant having an npc survive the old demon king fight is insanely evil. It's annoying as hell trying to kill that boss before his one-hit ko explosion to the npc unless you decide to wait until the rear end-end of the game. I couldn't even homeword bone out to do the fight later because the boss died from poison :argh:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

BillmasterCozb posted:

I want...allllllll the rings...all of them. ah loving hell im going to have to invade as a dog guard :suicide:

farming those ones from pve isn't too bad. There's the bonfire up on the thing in farron's, with three of the ghru's right next to it. Put on your highest item find poo poo and you can get them dropping at a pretty good rate. It's ears from silver k***hts that are the problem (also shackles from the big skeletons in the catacombs but moundmakers isn't broken)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Does the all rings cheevo mean ALL rings including the +1 and +2's or just the base ones?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Tracula posted:

Does the all rings cheevo mean ALL rings including the +1 and +2's or just the base ones?

Every single version of every single ring. It's hell.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Alabaster White posted:

Well looks like I'm not gonna platinum Dark Souls 3 then, christ

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Having to collect those extra rings is a minor inconvenience. Having to farm Silver Knights to get ears for both a miracle and a ring pisses me off to no end.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
When y'all finished the game for the first time, whereabouts was your Vigor stat? I got mine to 20 a while ago and have left it sitting there, but I'm wondering if I need to pay more attention to it if I want to be able to survive more than a few hits closer to the end of the game.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
So does going on NG+ affect the "range" of people you can invade as aldrich or watchdogs? As in, if I go to the NG+ version of Illrythal, will I start invading people on NG+ who are running that zone? I spent a good while after beating the game leveling up and now I want to get those rings and that sorcery but I'm not having any luck getting summoned so far.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

argondamn posted:

Having to collect those extra rings is a minor inconvenience. Having to farm Silver Knights to get ears for both a miracle and a ring pisses me off to no end.

At least you don't have to collect 500 of them.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

argondamn posted:

Yup. You have to max out every covenant except Rosaria/Aldrich, which you only have to offer 10 to. Of course those are the easiest two covenants of their type :nallears: At least you only ever have to do it the one time ever?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

So does going on NG+ affect the "range" of people you can invade as aldrich or watchdogs? As in, if I go to the NG+ version of Illrythal, will I start invading people on NG+ who are running that zone? I spent a good while after beating the game leveling up and now I want to get those rings and that sorcery but I'm not having any luck getting summoned so far.

your current NG/NG+ status do not factor into the matchmaking in any way.

which means if you do a SL1 run you can gently caress up low level invaders with NG+ giant seeded enemies

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Soul Glo posted:

When y'all finished the game for the first time, whereabouts was your Vigor stat? I got mine to 20 a while ago and have left it sitting there, but I'm wondering if I need to pay more attention to it if I want to be able to survive more than a few hits closer to the end of the game.

I think I finished with 27 vigor but for the vast majority of the game it was sub 20. When I got to the very end and had no idea what to spend souls on I just started pumping them into vigor because I got barely any gain from other stats.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Brannock posted:

The antechamber isn't useful for exploring the Ruins, though.

How is it not secret? You either have to make a tough jump and then go through an illusory wall, or you have to trigger the ballista to blast open the ground.

You don't have to do either of those things to find it. You can literally climb a staircase from the lower level and it's right there. The jump or illusory wall is only necessary for accessing the estus shard.

I've literally never seen the ballista bust a hole in the ground in over 10 clears of the area(my own chars + friends + random dues I've helped), so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

ShadowMar posted:

your current NG/NG+ status do not factor into the matchmaking in any way.

which means if you do a SL1 run you can gently caress up low level invaders with NG+ giant seeded enemies

Don't you have to be level 10 to get invaded? I thought I saw that somewhere.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So I hit the softcap for pyromancy and chaos great fire orb is just making GBS threads on everything, and I haven't even maxed the pyro hand out yet. Pyromancy is amazing.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Kanos posted:

You don't have to do either of those things to find it. You can literally climb a staircase from the lower level and it's right there. The jump or illusory wall is only necessary for accessing the estus shard.

I've literally never seen the ballista bust a hole in the ground in over 10 clears of the area(my own chars + friends + random dues I've helped), so I have no idea what you're talking about.

There is some stone on the ground between two trees right before the crabs that will break if the ballista shoot it. I actually discovered it by looking up and seeing that there were some gaps in the roof. It kinda seems like that might be where they intended for you to enter the Demon Ruins. That's why the Old King's Antechamber bonfire is before the Demon Ruin's bonfire on the menu.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Alabaster White posted:

Christ I thought it was just one of any of them. Welp. Guess I'll have to get them all in NG+3. :suicide:

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So I have my strength to 40, am using Havel's shield for the 30+ poise, using a Butcher Knife with S rank in str, and am walking around in the heaviest gear I can find.
I'm new to PVP in this game; is it worth dumping points into dex now to unlock potentially better weapons that scale better late game, or should I just keep going str.

Also, is it worth it to start dabbling in magic or now, or should I just stick to my walking tank of a character?
Vig is at 22, Endurance and Vitality are both 35+

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
im so close to having all the rings on NG+ though, then I just have to trudge through NG++.

i did not know that there are more havels rings

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Anri pretty much just disappeared for me and I'm not sure where she could've gone.

I saw her in the Catacombs, went and killed Horace, but didn't tell her about it. I then went and killed Pontiff and Aldrich, and she never showed up at Yorshka's Chapel, there's no Assassin, no body in the Tomb. Meanwhile, there's a prism stone where she used to be in the Catacombs. Also, I never met Yuria on this character.

Everyone talks like you can't permanently screw up Anri's quest but I have to imagine I did.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I gotta say, crossing that illusion wall and finding Anri's corpse peacefully resting on an altar, arms cradled across her chest, with a loving sword driven through her goddamn face with no explanation or context except a dead pilgrim with the chameleon spell on him really was one of the most striking images.
Guess I shoulda killed that statue guy if I wasn't able to do Yuria's quest huh.

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

Just a perfectly normal farm hand.
So long term what's the best type of infusion for a Pyromancer? Chaos or Raw right? Assume I'm using a longsword. I'm guessing its a case of Raw will be better because I can cast Flame Arc and I'll be hitting two defences with Chaos, that sound right?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

im so close to having all the rings on NG+ though, then I just have to trudge through NG++.

i did not know that there are more havels rings

I sold rings as I got higher versions of them. :rip:

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Someone remind me where I can farm XYZ covenant item from XYZ mob??

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

I AM BRAWW posted:

Someone remind me where I can farm XYZ covenant item from XYZ mob??

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls3JPN/comments/4c7brl/covenant_turnin_drops_spoilers/ but good luck if you need darkmoon turnins, it's like random per account if you get more than one every 100 kills despite going 300+ itemfind and if you do reach 1/100 you are a lucky bastard

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

it's extremely satisfying to invade, run in, steal the seed of a giant tree the summon dropped for the host before the host could grab it and then sacred flame them both to death

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I did an Aldritch invasion into a seeded world earlier, the host was just kiting invaders around the fireball casting guys, I eventually gave up on trying to catch him and just killed all the fireball guys and a blue that came to help and then he disconnected. It was like a 15 minute invasion and it seemed like he had a hundred estus flasks. Pretty lame.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Every host I've had who tried to instant kill the wyvern has failed lmao.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Holy poo poo, the section just before Anor Londo is a massive pain in the balls if you're Kindled. Great for PVP but gently caress, all I wanted to do was get past the black knights. :sigh: Managed to get through though.

e; Also gently caress Aldrich, motherfucker seems to have a new moveset every third or fourth fight. And I think I'm way overleveled (L66) for him lmao.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 25, 2016

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Every host I've had who tried to instant kill the wyvern has failed lmao.

Yeah people just seem to think walking off the edge is gonna connect with anything other than the ground, you gotta jump a little bit at least!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Harrow posted:

Anri pretty much just disappeared for me and I'm not sure where she could've gone.

I saw her in the Catacombs, went and killed Horace, but didn't tell her about it. I then went and killed Pontiff and Aldrich, and she never showed up at Yorshka's Chapel, there's no Assassin, no body in the Tomb. Meanwhile, there's a prism stone where she used to be in the Catacombs. Also, I never met Yuria on this character.

Everyone talks like you can't permanently screw up Anri's quest but I have to imagine I did.

When this happened to me, I hadn't met her outside of Wolnir's door. After that she moved to Yorshka, but then I lost here entirely.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Xenothral posted:

Yeah people just seem to think walking off the edge is gonna connect with anything other than the ground, you gotta jump a little bit at least!

It seems like it doesn't work at all on the right side of the platform either.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lotish posted:

When this happened to me, I hadn't met her outside of Wolnir's door. After that she moved to Yorshka, but then I lost here entirely.

Ah, I didn't know she went to Wolnir's door. I'll check there. Thanks!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Harrow posted:

Ah, I didn't know she went to Wolnir's door. I'll check there. Thanks!

Specifically, there's a path you can take that goes up a hill, an alternative to the bridge. She's at the high end of that. Mind the skeleton horde!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
And unlike most NPCs she doesn't have a boss trigger, she seems to just hang out there forever.

ThomasPancake
Jul 28, 2013

by Reene
Are any of the boss soul weapons any good? I got the pontiff ring that heals on consecutive hits, but I honestly don't notice it doing a thing.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Gosh yes, I could almost feel the crisp, cool air in that place. The Sega blue sky was totally out of left field. The view when you beat the area's endboss looking towards the dome is astounding.

A colorful summer Souls game would be seriously beautiful.

I'd love to see FROM take a stab at a game with similar gameplay to Dark Souls but a wildly different thematic. Something cheerful, upbeat, and vibrant. The gameplay style would fit just as much in a high-spirited game about exploring some unknown frontier. They've shown they can write engaging characters, so I have faith in their ability to, say, put together a bustling frontier type town that grows/evolves over the course of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
What's the SL meta right now? Gotta know what level to be at when I start fishing around NG+ for rings.

E: And am I correct in thinking that the pop arena is right after the Pontiff's door?