Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Literally The Worst posted:

it's about drinking your beer

drinking your beer and being drunk

Actually it's about drinking your beer and bitchin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
So this is out of nowhere: Envy's vocalist has left the band after 20 years

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

that blows. glad I got to see them recently on their tour with Deafheaven, they were just as good as ever.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Envy posted that on their FB page on April 1st and the fact that it wasn't just a lovely joke makes it even worse.

:smith:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I'm grooving pretty hard on The Pack A.D. right now. Very garage-rock, and local to where I am which is nice

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
Any Europe punk goons hitting Groezrock in a couple of weeks I'm gonna get drunk as gently caress and hope Iron Chic, The Dirty Nil and Pears are on the no barrier stage.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
That lineup looks horrible but do go see Night Birds

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ras Het posted:

Iron Chic are pretty good, imo

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

i saw plague vendor last night

they were great

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Ras Het posted:

Night Birds are amazing and I will definitely see them.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Ras Het posted:

D4 are always fun. Pup is amazing. Pears are amazing. I grew up with dudes in Much The Same and Falcon so I'm biased there but overall it's not a terrible lineup. There's enough there to make me want to go if I was in Europelandia.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
AJJ shoulda just changed their name to something new and cool or clever. I have never seen an established band lose any clout or momentum from changing their name. Just gotta put "formerly AJJ" or whatever a few times then everyone gets it.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Ferrule posted:

D4 are always fun. Pup is amazing. Pears are amazing. I grew up with dudes in Much The Same and Falcon so I'm biased there but overall it's not a terrible lineup. There's enough there to make me want to go if I was in Europelandia.

Yeah for the money paid its really good I love Rancid, Night Birds, Iron Chic, The Dirty Nil, Pears and The Falcon. I used to be really into Face to Face and Less Than Jake and the Mad Caddies are always good fun, they also just added No Use For a Name and Friends. It was only €115 plus being Belgium there will actually be good beer at a festival.

Rabin_Crabmink
Mar 23, 2001

I hate them all except Turtleface.
https://twitter.com/mikedcampbell/status/719932656096387072

looks like latterman are playing a few shows this fall

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
gently caress yeah latterman back

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Pretty much the best news.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

Envy posted that on their FB page on April 1st and the fact that it wasn't just a lovely joke makes it even worse.

:smith:

I was sort of waiting for it to subside cause it totally seemed like the sort of April Fool's Joke a band would play but nope. I was not expecting them to break up after almost 25 years. I kind of expect bands to part ways and switch members, but not them. I'm really happy I got to see them with LA Dispute but I was really hoping for my wife to be able to see them live :(

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
latterman more like i wish old bands would say 'see you latter, man' to reuniting and stop doing this

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
remember when boys life reunited and played some shows or whatever? i bet the three dudes left on earth who wanted that were psyched.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Piebald reunion. Hey Mercedes reunion. Anniversary reunion. Bout time for a Reunion Show reunion. Actually nah thanks lol.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jawbreaker Reunion is a band that exists

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

stay depressed posted:

latterman more like i wish old bands would say 'see you latter, man' to reuniting and stop doing this

I'd have no problem with Envy just calling it quits as a whole. At least there would be some finality to it, like they accomplished everything they set out to do. This just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I'm more angry than sad now.

I think Finch did a calling it quits show like a decade ago and then got back together like two years. Be on the lookout for the Thursday reunion show. That's definitely coming. Thrice is back now. Dance Gavin Dance have broken up, switched members, and reformed more times than I count.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
These names being thrown around make me feel so old. I never gave a gently caress about Finch and the fact that they are having a reunion that would be attended is depressing/time passing to me.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
welcome to the void

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
shinobu4lyfe

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
post hyperborean transcendental twinkle daddies

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Akileese posted:

I'd have no problem with Envy just calling it quits as a whole. At least there would be some finality to it, like they accomplished everything they set out to do. This just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I'm more angry than sad now.

I think Finch did a calling it quits show like a decade ago and then got back together like two years. Be on the lookout for the Thursday reunion show. That's definitely coming. Thrice is back now. Dance Gavin Dance have broken up, switched members, and reformed more times than I count.

I don't think DGD ever broke up. They just switched vocalists a lot. It didn't stop them from releasing records on an annual basis for most of their career.

Lord_Of_Overstock
Sep 26, 2015

I don't think DGD ever broke up. They just switched vocalists a lot. It didn't stop them from releasing records on an annual basis for most of their career.

I don't think Thrice ever broke up either. They went on hiatus as everyone focused on their own stuff, mostly Dustin on his gospel music.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Snowing is headlining Broken World Fest in Pittsburgh this weekend and I wish I could see them again :smith:

Pittsburg is a lovely city too, I visited in November and I'd love to go again sometime.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I don't know if it's a reunion, but the Cravats released a new song

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lmao the frontman from The Armed "auditioned" for the STP job
https://youtube.com/watch?v=H6Wl40bkWVw

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Pears' new album, Green Star, slays.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Akileese posted:

Be on the lookout for the Thursday reunion show.

They already announced that they're playing some festival in Atlanta. I would totally be on board for a Full Collapse 15th anniversary tour, too.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Ferrule posted:

Pears' new album, Green Star, slays.

This a correct opinion, I love the little musical Easter eggs to like playing the riff from What's My Age Again in the breakdown of I Love My Kennel.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Hey punk thread, are there other bands that sound like Electro Hippies? With that real bassy sorta sound.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Which Electro Hippies album(s)? I only ever listened to the Peel Session and Play Fast or Die, neither of which I would describe as "bassy".

edit: just listen to Siege

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR7WPliaSag

Toe Rag fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 22, 2016

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
new descendents album this summer fuckin hyyyyype

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
more like ``descendont reunite and record a bunch of boring music``

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
nobody can convince me this album will be bad because cool to be you is dope as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012
New Lumpy & the Dumpers track in advance of their next album "Huff My Sack" just dropped over at Noisey. Hell loving YEAH.

Other good stressed music I've been enjoying would include Prom Nite, Radiation Risks, and the Digiboys. More normal punk includes The Meltaways (self-promotion alert: I'm putting out their 7" in a few months) and the Buck Biloxi LP from a few months back. My ears have been very happy lately.