Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

I believe in Helck. I just believe in beard-dude and his armies of evil more, since they clearly planned out this battle in advance.

His whole plan is predicated on getting helck to go berserk with despair, which stops working the second Helck ends it, like he promised to end it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Helck is a good boy and he is a strong boy and he is my friend. I believe in Helck!!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Ytlaya posted:

I believe in Helck. I just believe in beard-dude and his armies of evil more, since they clearly planned out this battle in advance.

Death to the infidel who does not believe in Helck

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I'm not sure how this little battle will end. While on one hand I'm certainly not really expecting Helck and Vamirio to be victorious, on the other hand I can't imagine any way for them to lose that doesn't end with at least Vamirio dying. As beard-dude mentioned, killing Vamirio is an easy ticket to making Helck go berserk, so he would definitely continue to focus all effort on her if Helck is incapacitated (either through injury or losing his mind) and this isn't a fight she can win or escape from alone.

Don't forget Vamirio. As beard-dude mentioned, I doubt Helck could mentally handle her dying at this point (even though she seems to believe otherwise).

"Killing Vamirio"

"Easy"

I think you're missing something here.

Believe in Helck and Vamirio. Besides, Vamirio has to grow up to be the witch on the island.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

chumbler posted:

"Killing Vamirio"

"Easy"

I think you're missing something here.

Believe in Helck and Vamirio. Besides, Vamirio has to grow up to be the witch on the island.

And then go back in time to dress up like a Japanese delinquent and save young Josuke.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Vamirio is effortlessly clowning an army while Helck has his big emotional confrontation with Alicia. In the last chapter, when Helck looked over to check on her she was untouched and everything else was on fire. Rafaed brought Alicia who is basically the Helck-killer and armed with the hero killer to boot to deal with Helck, which is honestly a pretty good plan. However, Vamirio is effectively a hard counter to him and the rest of his army. She is best against large numbers while fighting alone, and Rafaed's efforts to kill her created that exact situation. Helck might be in a bit of trouble until he wins in either a sad or happy way, but Vamirio is doing fine.

Things probably won't go quite this smoothly with the king, though.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Vamirio is really really really strong.

Heck she could have probably soloed all these chumps, she's just busy thinking about Helck. Which I cannot blame her for doing, I'm always thinking about Helck.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
She is really strong and Rafaed set up the ideal situation for her. She probably could have won even indoors with allies in her way, but now she can do it effortlessly.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Argument over.

He promised. And Helck always keeps his promises.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Getting real envious of all these Lum avatars.

Helck will solve this problem relatively non-violently. He'll snap the arrows and break the bow's string and take the sword away after peeling her fingers off of it and then go after Rafaed.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

RareAcumen posted:

Helck will solve this problem relatively non-violently. He'll snap the arrows and break the bow's string and take the sword away after peeling her fingers off of it and then go after Rafaed.
That seems too straight forward and easy to be what actually happens.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Elysiume posted:

That seems too straight forward and easy to be what actually happens.

Alicia's compatibility will rise and her face will go back to normal. However it will constantly shift as her evil awakened soldier side manifests itself to taunt Helck much like how Zellzion was when he first awakened. Edil becomes Bass. Cless regains consciousness and somehow finds himself able to free people from the King's rule. Azudora pops out of a flower, close to death but still alive.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

RareAcumen posted:

Alicia's compatibility will rise and her face will go back to normal. However it will constantly shift as her evil awakened soldier side manifests itself to taunt Helck much like how Zellzion was when he first awakened. Edil becomes Bass. Cless regains consciousness and somehow finds himself able to free people from the King's rule. Azudora pops out of a flower, close to death but still alive.

Is... is this the plot from Guardians of the Galaxy?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Alicia will be diejoubu

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

So everything turns out all right on its own without any input at all from Helck. Your version of the story is terrible.

Helck and the demons are capable of wiping out the humans. It certainly wouldn't be easy and would weaken them to the extent that the other borders might fall, but they could do it. But right now, there is no visible path that would lead to saving the humans. Not even Helck really believes it is possible. Helck and Vamirio need to find another method, one which hasn't even been hinted at yet.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Apr 25, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

So everything turns out all right on its own without any input at all from Helck. Your version of the story is terrible.

Helck and the demons are capable of wiping out the humans. It certainly wouldn't be easy and would weaken them to the extent that the other borders might fall, but they could do it. But right now, there is no visible path that would lead to saving the humans. Not even Helck really believes it is possible. Helck and Vamirio need to find another method, one which hasn't even been hinted at yet.

I am indeed a terrible writer who is envious of all these Lum avatars, you are correct.

Yeah, if their troops weren't busy handling all the other borders then they would've mopped up this human assault before Tooru castle was halfway sieged.

I'm curious about how they'll be handled. Will they trick Mikaros and Rafaed into attacking at the northern border and getting crushed by the real threats or will they actually beat them back on their own?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Nah, it seems like you misunderstood. Helck isn't gonna win easily, unconditionally or without help, but he will definitely win. Killing all the humans would be a loss. No one wants such a bleak ending that would permanently destroy Helck's heart.

I have no idea how he will pull it off, though. My best guess was that since Edil and Alicia broke the mind control in a flashback due to their faith in Helck, that Helck could take the king's place in that whole system. The mind control isn't as simple as "magic that makes everyone do what you say unless they are swole as he(l)ck", after all. But that outcome would leave him tied to the human lands and unable to hang out with demons or go on adventures, so gently caress that theory.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nah, it seems like you misunderstood. Helck isn't gonna win easily, unconditionally or without help, but he will definitely win. Killing all the humans would be a loss. No one wants such a bleak ending that would permanently destroy Helck's heart.

I have no idea how he will pull it off, though. My best guess was that since Edil and Alicia broke the mind control in a flashback due to their faith in Helck, that Helck could take the king's place in that whole system. The mind control isn't as simple as "magic that makes everyone do what you say unless they are swole as he(l)ck", after all. But that outcome would leave him tied to the human lands and unable to hang out with demons or go on adventures, so gently caress that theory.

I'm just a fan of this and a few other mangas with the incredible ability to write them into a nose dive of quality faster than Joseph Joestar can crash a plane. Don't worry.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

His whole plan is predicated on getting helck to go berserk with despair, which stops working the second Helck ends it, like he promised to end it.

Bring Back Vamirio Av!

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

.jpg posted:

Bring Back Vamirio Av!

at least he got one of the good lum's i linked in the chat thread and not some fail western art patreon one

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

MonsieurChoc posted:

And then go back in time to dress up like a Japanese delinquent and save young Josuke.

Please don't mix up vamirio and piuy...

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I don't think I can take this tension. It's driving me crazy. What's the best we can hope for Alicia in her current state? That she's not in pain from the giant hole in her face? Or that she might not stab Helck?

Helck, I'm just gonna believe in you. That's all I can do right now.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

bman in 2288 posted:

I don't think I can take this tension. It's driving me crazy. What's the best we can hope for Alicia in her current state? That she's not in pain from the giant hole in her face? Or that she might not stab Helck?

That she and Helck live happily ever after.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Alicia is allegedly mindwiped like Edil got at the end of that siege, but she still started crying after Helck looked at and hugged her so I am sure everything will be super fine and dandy next chapter

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

bman in 2288 posted:

she gets cured by helck thanks to love and then immediately dies from the giant hole

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
That isn't a hole. It is a giant misshapen eye.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

That isn't a hole. It is a giant misshapen eye.

no davincie means she's going to fall down a hole next chapter

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

no davincie means she's going to fall down a hole next chapter

Pitfall traps claim another hero.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

AfroSquirrel posted:

Pitfall traps claim another hero.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

HELCK

http://bato.to/reader#e9f74ba309e97b2b

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Holy poo poo

Holy shiiiit

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Vamirio is so loving cool

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this manga

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Well gently caress, only the first page is loading,

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Right click, view image, change the number in the address bar to whatever page number you want.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

I believe in Helck and Vamirio

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I guess the primary theme of this manga is that demons are better people than humans.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I believe in Helck and Vamirio and Piuy and Alicia and Hyura and Edil and Zell and Kenros and Asuta and Doruushi and Witch lady and Train Conductor and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Ashtarath posted:

I believe in Helck and Vamirio

• Locked thread