Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
The preview spoils the video/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Tracula posted:

I honestly don't know why weapons and especially armor have durability anymore. There's no corrosive stuff and you'd probably be dead a dozen times over by the time even the lightest bit of armor breaks.

Has anyone here broken anything at all in DS3?
I had my Estoc go to "at risk" in the beginning of the game, before Vordt, because I didn't realize you were supposed to actually rest at the bonfire. I figured dying counted for that, since it resets everything else.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i love that this PC port still barely functions correctly. i was doing red invasions for the slug lady in the swamp, and i got put into a game where the host had already challenged the crystal sages. i got to stand outside the fog wall and watch his health bar go up and down while they fought. luckily (for me) the guy lost and i got a free tongue? i really don't understand how this was even supposed to happen.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The champion covenant is gone right

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
They even have a Champ in the game but no champ covenant.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah its me, Im the champ

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Babe Magnet posted:

its pretty bogus that, even if you do meet the requirements of a weapon when you 2h it but not 1h it, you still get the scaling penalty

wait does it gently caress up the scaling from all stats or just strength? I've been two handing the immolation tinder because why raise my strength above 12 when I'm always gonna be two handing it anyways.

Either way, that's pretty stupid.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I think all stats, friend. I meet the dex requirements on a lot of weapon on one of my characters but not the str, and I'm getting piss-poor scaling.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is this ambush suppose to be threatening in the forest?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFFSm3lxTlc

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Rirse posted:

:captainpop:

that dart for 8 though

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Rirse posted:

When their AI and tracking doesn't break, it's a pain in the rear end. gently caress those bird monsters.
e:

Mortimer posted:

:captainpop:

that dart for 8 though
The entire point of dart is for pulling enemies without triggering their mates. Which would be much more useful if you could actually aim sorceries without the lock-on, but whatever.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Babe Magnet posted:

I think all stats, friend. I meet the dex requirements on a lot of weapon on one of my characters but not the str, and I'm getting piss-poor scaling.

Well I guess I could go respec right now to test this-

Oh wait, if I respec I'll gently caress up Sirris quests. Thanks for locking the respec option behind the one faction that pisses off an NPC From! :shepface:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Rirse posted:

You were supposed to learn to check for other paths and get the REAL ambush.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

AFAIK that just affects the reading on the menu, not the actual damage you're dealing. Still dumb since previous games did not have this issue.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Blaziken386 posted:

When their AI and tracking doesn't break, it's a pain in the rear end. gently caress those bird monsters.

Oh yeah when I first fought them they hit hard and I couldn't figure out how to deal with them. The class came with the magic stat to use dart, so I just use for luring enemies/

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
My favorite thing about heavy dart is it does piss poor damage but still drains huge chunks of stamina.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh wait, if I respec I'll gently caress up Sirris quests. Thanks for locking the respec option behind the one faction that pisses off an NPC From! :shepface:

Kild posted:

http://www.darksouls.jp/information.html

code:
Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
Made the consequences less strict for a player joining the Rosaria's Finger.
Fixed a bug when teleporting to Untamed Graves.
Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
Fixed a bug where Crystal Sage would not re-appear after warping in.
Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight.
Fixed a bug where Knight Slayer Tsorig would continue to gesture.
Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.
Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.
(Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can't access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
(Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.
Fine tuned various other things, fine tune performance, and corrected various bugs.

:prepop:

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Polo-Rican posted:

Just started this last night. I've heard lots of people saying this is the easiest in the series, but High Wall feels significantly harder than any other Souls starting area. (That's good! I've beaten Demons, DkS1, and Dks2 a ton of times each, so I was concerned there wouldn't be any challenges left in the gameplay)

It helps if you've played Bloodborne, because many enemies have the same levels of aggression, and you have to roll more. Also, there's no poise in Bloodborne either.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
High Wall is harder than other starting areas because they copy+pasted lothric knights from the late game into it and just lowered their stats. They are aggressive as hell compared to balder knights and similar enemies.

Oh well that's actually nice.

I'm still not gonna try before finishing Sirris quest because I don't trust this game at all :v:

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Blaziken386 posted:

e:

The entire point of dart is for pulling enemies without triggering their mates. Which would be much more useful if you could actually aim sorceries without the lock-on, but whatever.

Look at this n00b who can't aim sorceries with the binocs.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm still not gonna try before finishing Sirris quest because I don't trust this game at all :v:

I got her to swear a vow to me and then I killed her for being super annoying and useless.

As it turns out her little head frock doesn't look great on my character though.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Sakurazuka posted:

Irithyll Dungeon probably but Catherdral of the Deep before you opened the first short cut on the right side of the bonfire felt like the longest to me, probably because I kept getting killed by the gank squads of those things that drop from walls/ceilings.

I understand those things in Undead Burg, but why did they keep using them in the cathedral? It was not fun at all walking super slowly and spinning the camera around looking for them.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
"Less consequences" implies that there are still consequences, except it's in translation so who knows. It basically tells you nothing.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Internet Kraken posted:

High Wall is harder than other starting areas because they copy+pasted lothric knights from the late game into it and just lowered their stats. They are aggressive as hell compared to balder knights and similar enemies.

It was funny as heck when you would swing at a balder knight in the riposte-stance and have the realization of what you just did dawn on you the instant before you self-own.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

turtlecrunch posted:

Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.

Oh good, hopefully this means to get Siegward and Patches going in the cathedral, you don't have to go around and open the rather pointless front door and then go out the front side of the cleansing chapel since it's a path that you have no real reason to use when you've already opened the other shortcuts you can get to before it. I had to follow a step by step walkthrough before I could ever get Patches to appear. And you have to warp out of the area to another bonfire and back to trigger it, even if you've done everything else right. I'm surprised anyone ever found it.

I kind of feel like that quest line was built in a time before the side doors on the chapel had been added, and they expected you to be running through the water and up the ladder to the front door as your only shortcut to the boss.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

earlier I did a rolling charging r2 with the battle axe where my character ground the axe along the ground and charged forward

it was dope and I have no idea how to replicate it

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I was testing the Swordspear and someone invaded and I'm not sure either of us really knew how the weapon worked since they just curled up in a ball and waited for crispy death after a minute of me mashing L2, among other buttons

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Decrepus posted:

I understand those things in Undead Burg, but why did they keep using them in the cathedral? It was not fun at all walking super slowly and spinning the camera around looking for them.

They're usually really easy to spot clinging to walls and ceilings ahead of time. And besides that, they're really, really easy to kill, even like two or three at a once, unlike most enemies. The only place they ever gave me trouble is that area in the Undead Settlement where there's a bunch shooting at you from roofs. They're just not very aggressive, you can just walk up and hit them while they do a huge windup.

The cathedral is my favorite area in the game, a nice mix of enemy types, and it really rewards playing carefully and choosing where your want to fight.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
So if I can even access the 'use' option on the white circlet, does that mean that loving xbox live being a sack of poo poo the entire weekend and causing about 20 of my summon signs to fail without ever leaving my own world mean that it's me, I'm the bad guy?

e: Can you even put a sign down if you're banned or whatever the condition is that you need to use the white circlet?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

turtlecrunch posted:

Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.

Oh, also this is interesting. As far as I know it was only Patches who would save Greirat, right? Maybe this is the way to save him if you send him out the third (?) time and he was always dying.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Oh poo poo if you are supposed to be able to save him the third time, that's huge.

Greirat is my fuckin' homie.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

It would make my day if you could save him the third time, because I don't want to feel like a monster every time I want that third upgrade to his stock.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

BobTheJanitor posted:

Oh, also this is interesting. As far as I know it was only Patches who would save Greirat, right? Maybe this is the way to save him if you send him out the third (?) time and he was always dying.
Question. If I just kill patches as soon as I see him, will that gently caress up Siegward's questline?
Because Patches annoys me, and I've stabbed him through his smug face in all the other games.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

BobTheJanitor posted:

No, Sieg could save Greirat, if he was in the kitchen. That's what I did on my first run. People were saying that Patches got Greirat killed, so I never talked to him.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

BobTheJanitor posted:

I doubt it, considering what happens to Siegward after Yhorm. Sending him out to pillage for a third time appears to always be a death sentence.

Blaziken386 posted:

Question. If I just kill patches as soon as I see him, will that gently caress up Siegward's questline?
Because Patches annoys me, and I've stabbed him through his smug face in all the other games.

I believe so, yes. I've talked to Patches before talking to Siegward during the second phase of his quest and he didn't have his armor for sale, so my assumption is that turning in his ashes to the merchant would not also give you the option to purchase Siegward's armor.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 25, 2016

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

To everyone saying sorcery is terrible: I've been using it for my first playthrough and it seems pretty useful so far? I've just reached the Cathedral of the Deep and I've been able to one- or two-shot most standard enemies with the relevant Soul Arrow, and soften up tougher ones so they die with a few hits of hanzo steel. Sure, I'd kill things just as well by running up and swording them, but I don't have to expose myself to danger this way. I haven't even started pumping INT yet. So is it just going to fall off in damage or efficiency or what?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gato posted:

To everyone saying sorcery is terrible: I've been using it for my first playthrough and it seems pretty useful so far? I've just reached the Cathedral of the Deep and I've been able to one- or two-shot most standard enemies with the relevant Soul Arrow, and soften up tougher ones so they die with a few hits of hanzo steel. Sure, I'd kill things just as well by running up and swording them, but I don't have to expose myself to danger this way. I haven't even started pumping INT yet. So is it just going to fall off in damage or efficiency or what?

You could be doing the same thing with pyromancy except better.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vermain posted:

I doubt it, considering what happens to Siegward after Yhorm. Sending him out to pillage for a third time appears to always be a death sentence.

He's just sleeping. And left his sword he used to hurt his good friend. And his armor.

:(

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
For Seigward, I talked to him in the kitchen and he talked about the giant down below, then went to sleep. Just after, I sent Greirat out to scavenge or whatever. I'd already bought the onion knight armor from Patches, and he'd already locked me in the tower, but I didn't talk to him again until later. Siegward never turned up at Yhorm, Greirat came back (and said an onion knight armor dude had helped him), and Patches dialogue never changed. I'm so confused about this questline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

I AM BRAWW posted:

Dark Souls 2 world was fun and open from get go. Oh, I wanted to dual Caestus run from the get go? No problem. Ds3? gently caress MIYAZAKI CANT EAIT UNTIL HE GONE

I think the only bad thing about DS2 gameplay-wise, was the enemy placement seemed way more random than in the other games.