Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Harlock posted:

King of Dinosaurs is extremely my poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Harlock posted:

King of Dinosaurs is extremely my poo poo

"Ha ha, Muimui, it's not going to get more ridi--oh."

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Now I want to play Primal Rage. When are they making a modern reboot of that game? :v:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

You ever hear about the sequel to Primal Rage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mhHF_1ufN8

It's interesting and weird

Edit: Also reboot Bloody Roar

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've played Primal Rage II. AMA

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Defalt owned and his mission was by far the best in WATCHUNDERSCOREDOGS

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kirios posted:

Defalt owned and his mission was by far the best in WATCHUNDERSCOREDOGS

Of course his mission was good, it was the very mission you see in the first trailer for Watch_Dogs with a few changes.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
All I know about Watch_Dogs is that there was a webm of some dude from 4chan using the game to fulfill his fascist fantasies, like shooting "undesirables".

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I bought The Order: 1886 during the flash sale for $8. I had heard pretty bad things, but it has exceeded my (low) expectations so far. It looks great, and the world is pretty cool. The cover shooter mechanics are serviceable but not great, and some of the weapons are pretty weird / fun. I also think they do a reasonably good job of having interesting side characters.

I'm on Chapter 13 about 5 hours in at the moment, so I think I'm closing in on the end of the game.

I feel strongly that I got my $8 worth out of this game, and I kind of hope they do a sequel with less QTEs that is a bit more mechanically interesting. I don't think I would have been happy at $60, but if you can pick it up for :10bux: it's a good time.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Substandard posted:

I bought The Order: 1886 during the flash sale for $8. I had heard pretty bad things, but it has exceeded my (low) expectations so far. It looks great, and the world is pretty cool. The cover shooter mechanics are serviceable but not great, and some of the weapons are pretty weird / fun. I also think they do a reasonably good job of having interesting side characters.

I'm on Chapter 13 about 5 hours in at the moment, so I think I'm closing in on the end of the game.

I feel strongly that I got my $8 worth out of this game, and I kind of hope they do a sequel with less QTEs that is a bit more mechanically interesting. I don't think I would have been happy at $60, but if you can pick it up for :10bux: it's a good time.

I will hold you responsible for this

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
$8 is honestly a good deal for it. It's a pretty showpiece and I kind of hope it gets the sequel they so clearly set it up for.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Substandard posted:

I got the collector's edition for $20 (how sad is that...) and really liked it. It was short, but it was straight-up gorgeous, and I enjoyed the story. I just didn't like the quick-time events. I never do.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I will hold you responsible for this

There are a couple of instant fail stealth sections, which I also hated, but they are not terribly long.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Order is not a good game but it's also not nearly as bad as its rep. It's production values are truly something to behold and the gameplay is, at worst, competent. If be ultra pissed if I bought it full price but you could do far worse with :10bux:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I just want to own every ps4 game with full frontal male nudity so I need this for my collection

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Wait

1886 has full frontal nudity?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kirios posted:

Wait

Yeah, there's a scene in a brothel and a guy jumps up nude.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Kirios posted:

Wait

Yeah, there's a whorehouse that you visit, complete with humping and boobs. And I'm pretty sure I also killed a naked man while there.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

MisterAlex posted:

Yeah, there's a whorehouse that you visit, complete with humping and boobs. And I'm pretty sure I also killed a naked man while there.

whew, thank god you spoiled that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

kof 14 is gonna rule.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Davincie posted:

whew, thank god you spoiled that
Eh, I figured with people talking about buying it right now, someone might not want any details. :v:

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

In Training posted:

I refuse to believe a person could actually have enjoyed Omikron

I never heard of that. I meant Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain/Press X to Jason, Beyond: Two Souls/I got nothing for this one.

One thing I like about Watchdogs is if I'm trying to do a thing and I gently caress up or just get tired of stealth I can just shoot everyone which I can't do in Assassin's Creed.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

In Training posted:

I'm dying to know if it was the same kind of execution inflation like Mortal Kombat's series had. Did people figure out fatalities for PR2?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dewgy posted:

$8 is honestly a good deal for it. It's a pretty showpiece and I kind of hope it gets the sequel they so clearly set it up for.
Would be a good deal if you don't have a Redbox to rent it from and finish it in an evening, anyway.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CrashCat posted:

Would be a good deal if you don't have a Redbox to rent it from and finish it in an evening, anyway.

I actually ended up spending like $12 on Redboxing it because I'm a lazy gently caress. $8 would have been a better deal. :pseudo:

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Also on sale is Not A Hero which is plenty fun for a pixel shooter. Be forewarned it is loaded with meme humor even having a dynamic meme sentence generator. But it plays well and new characters unlock briskly. The challenge conditions also make aceing a level fun and difficult.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
What a coincidence, I'm also a dynamic meme sentence generator.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Spalec posted:

Man, Watchdogs is like the ultimate Monkeys paw wish for anyone that wanted more AAA games on PS+.

More so than Knack?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

Does it still make you hold down buttons before you do the stick movement for special moves?

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
My biggest complaint about King of Fighters is that it looks like Rock Howard isn't in it. :sigh:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ape Agitator posted:

I'm dying to know if it was the same kind of execution inflation like Mortal Kombat's series had. Did people figure out fatalities for PR2?

I'm sure people have, I was not able to. If there were fatalities they would probably only be on one or two characters, the game is woefully incomplete and most models were missing frames of animation for their attacks and such.

Sakurazuka posted:

Does it still make you hold down buttons before you do the stick movement for special moves?

I don't think so. I have never played Primal Rage but I think I could just do fireballs and stuff and the Dino's would bust out spins and flips.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Watch_dogs and Tetris, 2 bad Ubisoft games. Very funny. Very fake. It's obviously going to be the month we finally get the lord's own video game, Knack.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Watch_dogs and Tetris, 2 bad Ubisoft games. Very funny. Very fake. It's obviously going to be the month we finally get the lord's own video game, Knack.

Watch Dogs isn't really a "bad" game. Everything in it is competently made, it's just mediocre.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I enjoyed Watchdogs, if it is in fact the PS+ game everyone should at least get to the point where you can play the spidertank minigame.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Watch Dogs isn't really a "bad" game. Everything in it is competently made, it's just mediocre.
Even if someone thinks Watch_Dogs is a bad game, most of the digital trips in it are amazing. Alone, Conspiracy! and Spider-Tank are all unique and great fun.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

the AI in Watchdogs is loving bad, the reflections are bad, the glitches are hilarious. for a mediocre game it's probably the shittiest mediocre AAA bestseller in a long time.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

MinibarMatchman posted:

the AI in Watchdogs is loving bad, the reflections are bad, the glitches are hilarious. for a mediocre game it's probably the shittiest mediocre AAA bestseller in a long time.

Dead Island

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dead Island at least had the small amount of value that you could 1) get loot and 2) do stupid poo poo with your friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Dead Island at least had the small amount of value that you could 1) get loot and 2) do stupid poo poo with your friends.

it also had the decency to get revamped and retooled to hell and back with Dying Light. I guess we'll see if WD2 at E3 is an improvement or at least isn't an open world full of morons and laughable antialiasing

• Locked thread