Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Is it Morch already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Now I want an RGD thread where everyone lists their top 5 or 10 podcast episodes of all time. Would be a great opportunity to exposing people to new podcasts by giving them a great introductory episode.
please don't do this, i could not handle the pressure of choosing that top 10

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

I've got my top 5 locked and loaded:

CBB: F&P 1
ADPPP: Wit and Wisdom of the West With Dalton Wilcox
ADPPP: Travel Bug With August Lindt
HH: Greasenose Eggs
UTU2TM: Commentary Special

Could listen to those on repeat forever and never get bored.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
For all you lucky Big Apple types, Hollywood Handbook will be recording a live show in NYC on May 21st. Tickets are $25.

Beautiful/Anonymous will have a taping as well, as will HDTGM; however, the HDTGM recording is already sold out and the tickets cost $15 more (Both facts that I assume HH will mention passive-aggressively at some point.)

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

JethroMcB posted:

Beautiful/Anonymous will have a taping as well

Man thats kinda weird, right?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

JethroMcB posted:

For all you lucky Big Apple types, Hollywood Handbook will be recording a live show in NYC on May 21st. Tickets are $25.

i'm going to be in nyc that week so there is no way i'd miss this. thanks for the tip

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Bacos! We should start a truck...

Cody is pretty good at improvising with Sean and Hayes. He keeps things low-key but is able to play along with the stupid stuff they throw at him.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"I hope you don't need that Styrofoam to be in the shape it was when you gave it to me."

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I love when any sort of seduction method stuff comes up.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

soggybagel posted:

I love when any sort of seduction method stuff comes up.

1000 times this.

The lunch first bit was so excellent, I think Jake + Amir was kind of a letdown. Good doughboys joke tho

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Not a fan of Amir being crazy racist imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbmB8MxULyY

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Yes! Perfect!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zsinjeh posted:

yeah i enjoyed this

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

HH was good, Beautiful/Anonymous was good, thanks Earwolf

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zsinjeh posted:

It's a real shame they didn't have time to edit the episode, this could come back to bite him.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Gabrus absolutely kills it as Christie on Hard Nation. I'm all in on this show - don't think they've had a bad episode yet.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Unmerciful posted:

Gabrus absolutely kills it as Christie on Hard Nation. I'm all in on this show - don't think they've had a bad episode yet.

I need to check this out. I'm a Gabrus fanboy. I even put up with High and Mighty. Mostly.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
If anyone has been on the fence about Hollywood Handbook, this episode is a good one to start with. Sean and Hayes really make the guests laugh.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Unmerciful posted:

This is fantastic. "All these New Yorkers comin' up to me, all, 'Hey, Frank Sinatra, 9/11...'"

"I think Jeter's actually bi.

Racial.

And sexual."

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Cloks posted:

If anyone has been on the fence about Hollywood Handbook, this episode is a good one to start with. Sean and Hayes really make the guests laugh.

Was it just me or did Sean seem reaaaaaally hyper in this ep? Especially in the first segment.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

http://splitsider.com/2016/04/armen-weitzman-to-play-lorne-michaels-in-a-futile-and-stupid-gesture/

Lol. At the 4/20 last week Mike Mitchell tried to get everyone to tweet a DoughBoys esque hastag to @SNL to get Armen Weitzman to play Lorne Michaels. But I thought he was just doing a bit.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
New Pistol Shrimps Radio: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/pistol-shrimps-42616/

Matt missed Japanese Star Wars sticker night AND someone finally shipped them an anvil

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

padijun posted:

New Pistol Shrimps Radio: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/pistol-shrimps-42616/

Matt missed Japanese Star Wars sticker night AND someone finally shipped them an anvil

I missed Matt but Tallman did a good job as expected. I'm glad Mark didn't foist someone on us who actually knows the rules of basketball or some poo poo.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

For those who unsubscribed, looks like the latest episode of With Special Guest is a fake episode of Chris Gethard's great new podcast.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

For those who unsubscribed, looks like the latest episode of With Special Guest is a fake episode of Chris Gethard's great new podcast.

It is - I was still pretty much asleep when I checked the feed this morning and thought it was another of those "Check out this bonus episode of another show" RSS trick from Earwolf - and it's pretty fantastic. Lauren's character this week and the story that unfolds is hilarious. I've been cool on WSG lately but this episode is definitely worth a listen.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Ya, that was a very good ep. Obviously Chris has a strong grasp of what his podcast is, and the role of "crazy person who would call in" is really open so the problems with the premise are negated and you've just got two great imrpovisers in a long scene.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

on the new high and mighty "fanshee" episode, sean starts describing hollywood handbook as "satirical," then ends up with "it's basically just me saying i like things that i hate."

best podcast

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Today's HH really made me want a McFlurry.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
As far as I can remember, this is the first HH where either of them actually broke character and it was hilarious.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I feel like Spontaneanation has really hit its stride the past month or two. The narratives are much more coherent, and the sound effects finally feel well utilized. They're acting kind of like Family Guy cutaways these days, but plot-driven rather than hacky gag-driven.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

feedmyleg posted:

I feel like Spontaneanation has really hit its stride the past month or two. The narratives are much more coherent, and the sound effects finally feel well utilized. They're acting kind of like Family Guy cutaways these days, but plot-driven rather than hacky gag-driven.

I honestly think it all changed when the proper sound board was built. Having a physical thing to press instead of having to press a thing on a screen makes a big difference, and now that the main players are set with how the buttons all work, everything flows a bit better.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

I honestly think it all changed when the proper sound board was built. Having a physical thing to press instead of having to press a thing on a screen makes a big difference, and now that the main players are set with how the buttons all work, everything flows a bit better.

Did they get a new one? The original, physical SFX board that the engineer built died. It either took out the old mixer they used or the issue that took out the mixer took out the FX board.

EDIT: I looked at some pics on Earwolf. It looks like they have a new one so maybe you're on to something.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 4, 2016

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

As far as I can remember, this is the first HH where either of them actually broke character and it was hilarious.

The whole "Enh, wrong" thing kind of makes me want to post mean things about them so they'll talk about me on their show.

I was also hoping we'd get a edited together version of the song after the episode ended. Produced by Brett!

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

It was a spectacular ep. Sean's rant had me laughing uncontrollably. Annaliese was just excellent, she was so game, great patter (they must be old buddies if she did both HH and RSS theme songs). Annoyed, "I'm also a musician" Brett was just perfect. Aggressive, spoke up more than normal, but it all worked so great.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Fezz posted:

The whole "Enh, wrong" thing kind of makes me want to post mean things about them so they'll talk about me on their show.

I was also hoping we'd get a edited together version of the song after the episode ended. Produced by Brett!
Courtesy of HH forums
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIqdDWRvxhU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

These CBB commercials with Brett are the first CBB ads I've listened to in a while. Good ol' DJ MuSTARD.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
What were the good things to listen to on howl other than forgotten classics, again? Any memorable live eps of CBB or something... Firefox is a good browser btw.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

julie klausner's second hollywood handbook is one of my favorite podcasts of all time

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

God bless the Pistol Shrimps. That's probably the least Matt and Mark have called a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That's the first shrimps one I've listened to. I've not worked out if they only know one players name, or if she's the only one who ever gets the ball yet.