Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Goku knew he would lose to Hit if Hit could go all out, probably outright anyway but his Kaioken was done with so it was over for him. He asked for the rules to be wiped as a sign of respect to Hit and ringed himself out as a gently caress off to Beerus and Champa because they're assholes.

(But they're not assholes, they're cute cat gods.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I appreciate that Hit was set up as some kind of super evil guy, but he turned out to be pretty chill and honorable (the opposite of how they faked out Frost)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

This better end in SSB Gogeta fighting Champa, is all I'm saying.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The rules thing was Goku acknowleding that Hit was fighting with a handicap (his background is assassination, not combat sports) and because he was Goku, wanting the guy to be able to go all-out - regardless of how dead he'd be at the end of it all. Then when Beerus and Champa started arguing, he realized he wasn't gonna get his perfect fight and as a gently caress you, just DQed himself. He was in bad shape because of the Super Kaioken anyway and thought Monaka was a legit fighter.

Then Hit realized Monaka was Mr. Satan and since he's actually chill made sure to throw the match - also as a "gently caress you" to the Gods of Destruction.

By the way, this makes it two arcs out of three where Goku doesn't "win" his big fight.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be fair, Goku said that he wouldn't get hit again and while Goku is dumb I don't think he'd actively commit suicide so I'm pretty sure he thought he had an actual chance. It was only once it became clear that Beerus wasn't gonna budge that he went "hey, we can fight again outside of here" and ringed himself out.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, Vegeta did more to win the tournament for Universe 7 than Goku did.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair, Goku said that he wouldn't get hit again and while Goku is dumb I don't think he'd actively commit suicide so I'm pretty sure he thought he had an actual chance. It was only once it became clear that Beerus wasn't gonna budge that he went "hey, we can fight again outside of here" and ringed himself out.

Oh, he didn't think he was gonna lose, but he knew he was at the end of his strength. He just didn't care if Hit actually murdered him if it made the fight better, because he's Goku.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, Vegeta did more to win the tournament for Universe 7 than Goku did.

Goku loses TWICE in this arc!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
With Vegeta and Monaka around there's just no more danger for our heroes.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I really liked the set-up with Beerus and Champa acting like assholes and Goku casually plotting with Hit to overthrow the Gods. Intrigue!
Vados and Whis are still chill as gently caress and great characters. I wonder if we'll ever get to a point where we see them fight for real, or if they will more or less keep their positions as just being around to watch how things turn out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Augus posted:

I really liked the set-up with Beerus and Champa acting like assholes and Goku casually plotting with Hit to overthrow the Gods. Intrigue!

I'm really hoping this is all leading up to Goku becoming the new Whis and taking Uub as the God of Destruction.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm really hoping this is all leading up to Goku becoming the new Whis and taking Uub as the God of Destruction.

I'm getting more and more confused how we're getting into the last arc of DBZ from Super.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Covok posted:

I'm getting more and more confused how we're getting into the last arc of DBZ from Super.

With a dash of "Toriyama Forgot"

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I wonder how they're going to bring Arale into this. Maybe she'll be the robot overlord of another universe? I can't imagine she'll be used for more than a single episode. This world is not good enough to let that happen.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Maybe They will kill her so I never have to hear about her again.

That would be nice.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

zelah posted:

I wonder how they're going to bring Arale into this. Maybe she'll be the robot overlord of another universe? I can't imagine she'll be used for more than a single episode. This world is not good enough to let that happen.

I mean Jaco's still around so I wouldn't rule it out.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dragon Ball Super sounds awesome, where do I watch it please.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dragon Team subs. Ought to show up in Google.
Remember to watch it on official channels when it's licensed and available of course.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

This is bullshit, we should have made him win a martial arts tournament first before telling him.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
I wonder how long it'll be before we meet The King of Everything's boss. Because this is Dragonball and you all know good and well Zeno won't be the top.

This show has gotten really good. Only complaint is that everything has been super low stakes so far. I guess it's pretty hard to top a cosmos ending schizophrenic putty monster, but I really hope they pull out a real big bad soon. Hopefully Goku's *wink wink nudge nudge* to Hit about Beerus and Champa being in charge "for now" is them setting up a real DBZ era story arc.

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005
plz add THE KING OF EVERYTHING poll option

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Maybe They will kill her so I never have to hear about her again.

That would be nice.

Do you hate Jaco or Pilaf too?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Esroc posted:

I wonder how long it'll be before we meet The King of Everything's boss. Because this is Dragonball and you all know good and well Zeno won't be the top.

This show has gotten really good. Only complaint is that everything has been super low stakes so far. I guess it's pretty hard to top a cosmos ending schizophrenic putty monster, but I really hope they pull out a real big bad soon. Hopefully Goku's *wink wink nudge nudge* to Hit about Beerus and Champa being in charge "for now" is them setting up a real DBZ era story arc.

I'm pretty confident they will ramp things up. This tournament mostly felt like stalling for time while the writers figure out what is coming up next.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Most Tenkaichi felt that way too, this one felt less boring than the rest though. Probably because Frost and Cabba were so interesting. I was so stoked to see Cabba vs Vegita, cause holy poo poo the first new Saiyan in forever.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Jaco is pretty cool but holy poo poo gently caress his hive mind fanclub.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Most Tenkaichi felt that way too, this one felt less boring than the rest though. Probably because Frost and Cabba were so interesting. I was so stoked to see Cabba vs Vegita, cause holy poo poo the first new Saiyan in forever.

Tarble

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I've been forgetting about Tarble for like 8 straight years and thats probably not going to change.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Well Super seems to have forgotten about Tarble as well to be fair. :v:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

zelah posted:

Do you hate Jaco or Pilaf too?

Jaco is okay. I don't care for pilaf either.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Raxivace posted:

Well Super seems to have forgotten about Tarble as well to be fair. :v:

Hey, they referenced him in Battle of the Gods. I'm... not sure if that line got reused in Super though.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Momomo posted:

Hey, they referenced him in Battle of the Gods. I'm... not sure if that line got reused in Super though.

Nope. Written out like Piccolo having trouble with Sushi-Bull.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sharktamer posted:

Jaco is pretty cool but holy poo poo gently caress his hive mind fanclub.

mostly gently caress the people in this thread

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Stairmaster posted:

mostly gently caress the people in this thread

worst thread in anime death tentacle rape whorehouse

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
it's altruistic duwang teenagers right wrongs

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
Hit doing Trunks' hand gesture powerup/techno viking dance move was cool.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Esroc posted:

You know, I've been thinking this too. Super has pretty much been a light-hearted affair, in stark contrast to DBZ's serious story tone. I can't help but wonder if things are gonna stay like this till series end or if they'll actually try to go back to the mood of the previous one.

I know a lot of people seemed to have switched gears from Super to One Punch Man even though it's a giant parody. I guess the joke was lost across seas and most new fans take it at face value :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I know people who watched One Punch Man and think Mumen Rider sucks.

How can people be so wrong?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

To be fair even the one-punch man manga has better animation than super.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Stairmaster posted:

To be fair even the one-punch man manga has better animation than super.

That's not really a fair comparison though, the one-punch man manga has better animation than most anime in general.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dragonball super lost its right to a fair treatment a loooong time ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

But Super is actually good, despite the whining of bitter nerds.

• Locked thread