Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

A Moose posted:

Sorry if someone asked this already, but I just hit 30 on Arcanist and decided to go with Scholar. Is there a way I can make a macro to do 3 things: Place Eos on the target, place Eos normally if I have no target, and activate Heel if I hit it again? I usually just place Eos near the tank and leave it on Sic, but I keep forgetting to use Heel.

I would not recommend placing selene on a target, as she does get hit by some frontal cleves. If you macro /place followed by /heel, then when you hit the macro you'll get a targeting circle, and if you hit cancel instead of using it she'll heel. That's what I use.

(I don't think it's actually possible to do all three, or even a my target or heel macro, since without the ground reticle it will just perform one action and then the other, not either/or)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

This has happened more times in the past six levels than I care to have happen.

The stun gets shorter after each holy, and the enemies are immune for a while after the third one. Just wait a bit before you activate your skill.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

SilverSupernova posted:

I hope assholes don't suck all the fun out of it like with the Diadem.

There was no fun in Diadem to suck out.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Today's Oppressed Catgirls:

Literally :pusheen:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

LibrarianCroaker posted:

There was no fun in Diadem to suck out.

Head to the Diadem, equip a botanists tool and start logging.

Make sure you have chat enabled so you can experience the procedural content that happens.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

seiferguy posted:

So good. The ears! :allears:

Those poor catgirls.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Diadem sounded like something fun to do exactly once, the moment it was released before anyone figured anything out so you could just explore and find out what it was about.

I think the destination was pretty bleh but the road was fun.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Yessssssssss

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I think your horsebird is growing purple mould, you should have a bird doctor check it.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Truga posted:

I think your horsebird is growing purple mould, you should have a bird doctor check it.

Nah it just ate a hella lot of berries. In one sitting.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Haquer posted:

Nah it just ate a hella lot of berries. In one sitting.

Willy Warka's Chocobo Factory?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SilverSupernova posted:

Yoshi-P already confirmed that it's one of those floating cotton puffs that grow outside Moghome. It glows pink at night.

I am going to be so very disappointed if Lalas do not ride it by clinging to the stem hanging down for dear life.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I am going to be so very disappointed if Lalas do not ride it by clinging to the stem hanging down for dear life.

Lalas would probably be the most comfortable on a big dandelion puff, it's Roes who are in real trouble.

That mount is going to look ridiculous in non-flying zones unless the puff is in front of you dragging you around in the wind

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

dromal phrenia posted:

Lalas would probably be the most comfortable on a big dandelion puff, it's Roes who are in real trouble.

That mount is going to look ridiculous in non-flying zones unless the puff is in front of you dragging you around in the wind

Roes already look like they're a wind gust from being launched off the ahriman mount, I look forward to flying dandelions.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

This has happened more times in the past six levels than I care to have happen.

You'll basically get two general flavors of Holy-spamming pug WHMs and you'll be able to tell within a few pulls which you've gotten:

1. Rushes in and spams Holy pretty much right off the bat, to hell with whether or not your Blood Price is up. Use Blood Price around the time of Holy #3, since after that everything will be stun immune.
2. Pays attention to your Blood Price, and will wait for it to be off or almost off before they rush in to spam Holy. Use it asap so it wears off sooner and they can get to Holy spamming sooner.

Every now and then you'll get a variant who will do some emergency cure-bombing of you and then start spamming Holy at a less predictable time, though this is largely under your control since it mostly only happens if you both pull big and take a lot of net damage. You might run into Blood Price timing conflicts in pulls like that due to the unpredictability of when they'll start using Holy.

But otherwise, by the time you're two or three pulls in, you should be able to know whether or not you'll have Blood Price wasted if you pop it right away... and if it will be wasted then, just don't pop it right away. Getting annoyed by it on the first pull when you don't know how the WHM will behave is one thing, still being annoyed by it at the end of the dungeon without having adapted accordingly is entirely on you.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
All fair points, but its still something both funny and relatable.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Actually since I've never played and don't plan to play DRK, anything I should know about them for when I'm a healer and I have them in my group. I know about Living Dead, that they're more focused on neutering magic damage, and that Ewer is largely useless on them, but that's about it.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ApplesandOranges posted:

Actually since I've never played and don't plan to play DRK, anything I should know about them for when I'm a healer and I have them in my group. I know about Living Dead, that they're more focused on neutering magic damage, and that Ewer is largely useless on them, but that's about it.

One of their most commonly used weapon combos (when in Grit tank stance) has a heal attached, so you'll see their health bounce a lot kind of like WAR. Otherwise in a lot of ways it's like healing a Paladin since their aggro abilities are point blank AOEs and not a cone effect, just with different flavors on their cooldowns.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
And the blood price thing shown in the comic. That's all the major things about them.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Also they look cool.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
if a DRK has no MP they have no aoe threat generation so plan accordingly

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
So, I have a FC I'm a part of. We're really small and casual, but we don't have anybody with a crafter in the 60's to meld materia for us. I leveled them all up to 50 when 2.0 was around, and now that materia melding on Lore gear is a thing I decided that I should get them up to 60 so I can help my FC out. Here's my question, how the gently caress can a casual crafter accomplish this? My gear is pretty much high 40's, low level 50 stuff and I can't craft dick all for what's wanted of me for the leve's in Ishgard, at the very least there's 100% no way I can HQ them at all. Should I just find the easiest thing to make from there and just make a bunch until I can hit 51 and then buy some better gear? It just seems like Square decided that there's no such thing as a casual crafter and wanted you to have the best level 50 gear in order to have a decent time leveling. If anyone can point me in the direction of the best way to level them up I would appreciate it.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Just do daily GC leve turn-ins as appropriate (a lot of the items are on vendors), and there are also standard levequests and collectibles too.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

The Black Stones posted:

So, I have a FC I'm a part of. We're really small and casual, but we don't have anybody with a crafter in the 60's to meld materia for us. I leveled them all up to 50 when 2.0 was around, and now that materia melding on Lore gear is a thing I decided that I should get them up to 60 so I can help my FC out. Here's my question, how the gently caress can a casual crafter accomplish this? My gear is pretty much high 40's, low level 50 stuff and I can't craft dick all for what's wanted of me for the leve's in Ishgard, at the very least there's 100% no way I can HQ them at all. Should I just find the easiest thing to make from there and just make a bunch until I can hit 51 and then buy some better gear? It just seems like Square decided that there's no such thing as a casual crafter and wanted you to have the best level 50 gear in order to have a decent time leveling. If anyone can point me in the direction of the best way to level them up I would appreciate it.

Do GC turn-ins and (maybe?) Mor Dhona leves until you get to 51, then get a full Archaeoskin set and you should be okay to start doing HW crafting. Gear and the difference between your level and an item's crafting level are way bigger deals in HW than ARR in my experience, so keep that in mind once you start.
IIRC, your first new mainhand is at 52 and offhand is 53.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

jellycat posted:

Do GC turn-ins and (maybe?) Mor Dhona leves until you get to 51, then get a full Archaeoskin set and you should be okay to start doing HW crafting. Gear and the difference between your level and an item's crafting level are way bigger deals in HW than ARR in my experience, so keep that in mind once you start.

There is now trivially obtainable turn-in gear you can get for lvl 50 that will make it easy enough for you to get to 52-53 for the new Rainbow gear.

ed: wait, how bad was your gear at 50?

nuru fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 25, 2016

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

If you need something in a pinch look up the Artisan gear on the market board. They were the high tier lv50 crafting gear and they got added to the quick venture pool a while back and the prices tanked. They'll last until lv53 when the Holy Rainbow gear becomes available, and even then can last longer if you don't mind NQ turn ins.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Holy crap. :laffo:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Klungar posted:

What's the likelihood of beating Sephirot HM going in blind with seven pubbies? I have a t-shirt to win.

Turns out, even in a damage-light fight like Sephirot HM seems to be, if both of your healers have either never played the game before or never healed before, you are still going to die an awful lot. We were able to squeeze out a win with less than a minute to spare once I ran over to the Scholar and started a Eos summon after the third wipe before one of the two bards pulled who had also never played before pulled Sephirot for the third time while I was not at my station because I was trying to show the healers where their cures were located. Surprisingly enough, we never came close to wiping to any of the mechanics, just the complete lack of heals, which Eos handled all by herself in the end.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

nuru posted:

ed: wait, how bad was your gear at 50?

Bad. HQ normal gear (level 47-50) for a bunch of slots and only a couple greens. I only levelled them up to get to 50 and then do melding for FC.

I totally forgot about GC and I should double check and see if Ixal still gives out good exp. thanks everyone.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

jellycat posted:

Also if anyone else is wondering about leveling their old crafting jobs and did any of the post-50 gearing for crafters from 2.0, that stuff'll carry you for a bit. Lucis tools are good until 55 if you grab the HQ tool at that level. If you opt for NQ equipment they're about on par with the level 57 tools unmelded. I can't remember which is which but 57 NQ vs Lucis is a matter of slightly Higher Craftsmanship vs slight Higher Control

Skaw fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 25, 2016

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Thinking of picking this up again. Is the Goon presence still as strong as it was in September last year? (when i last played)

I was in the "casual" guild i think (third party tools?)

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

The Black Stones posted:

Bad. HQ normal gear (level 47-50) for a bunch of slots and only a couple greens. I only levelled them up to get to 50 and then do melding for FC.

I totally forgot about GC and I should double check and see if Ixal still gives out good exp. thanks everyone.

I'd buy cheap versions of the artisan gear off the MB and shove low grade materia in it.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Ineptitude posted:

Thinking of picking this up again. Is the Goon presence still as strong as it was in September last year? (when i last played)

Generally. Things are a little quieter now than usual since we are in the mid patch lull but otherwise it's still crowded as hell.

Edit: The Black Stones HW crafting is unreasonably hard at 50 but normals out again the second you hit 51.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

There's still a ton of goons across all three FCs, although I'd imagine it's getting into the mid-patch lull but I'd imagine there's still plenty of people to play with or even just shoot the shits in FC chat.

The Black Stones posted:

Oh yeah, make sure you finish the lv50 crafting questlines to get the lv50 crafting mainhand. With that and some artisan gear you can craft/buy your right side (I forget their names, check the market board for lv50 all class gear and see what gives +CP). From there I'd suggest GC turn-ins and leves to get all your classes to lv52 where you can buy the next mainhand which will blow your old lv50 one out of the water. From there you can get to lv53 for the holy rainbow crafting gear or even stick with the artisan for a few more levels.

If you're having trouble in the lv50-52 gap you can look into getting the lv50 Artisan mainhands. They're a middle ground between the lv50 blues and the lv52 gear but there's some HQ token crafting and I don't remember the entire process for that or if its worth the headache.

I think Ixali exp got nerfed at level 50+ but it can't hurt to confirm.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Scrublord Prime posted:

There's still a ton of goons across all three FCs, although I'd imagine it's getting into the mid-patch lull but I'd imagine there's still plenty of people to play with or even just shoot the shits in FC chat.

Oh yeah, make sure you finish the lv50 crafting questlines to get the lv50 crafting mainhand. With that and some artisan gear you can craft/buy your right side (I forget their names, check the market board for lv50 all class gear and see what gives +CP). From there I'd suggest GC turn-ins and leves to get all your classes to lv52 where you can buy the next mainhand which will blow your old lv50 one out of the water. From there you can get to lv53 for the holy rainbow crafting gear or even stick with the artisan for a few more levels.

If you're having trouble in the lv50-52 gap you can look into getting the lv50 Artisan mainhands. They're a middle ground between the lv50 blues and the lv52 gear but there's some HQ token crafting and I don't remember the entire process for that or if its worth the headache.

Ixal didn't get a nerf at 50+, it just never scaled past 49.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Scrublord Prime posted:

Having just gotten Weaver to 50 on Ixal quests the other day, I can confirm this. Once you hit 50 on a crafting class, Ixal quests drop down to only giving 10k exp each, compared to the 40-50k I'm getting for my level 42 culinarian.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Klungar posted:

Turns out, even in a damage-light fight like Sephirot HM seems to be, if both of your healers have either never played the game before or never healed before, you are still going to die an awful lot. We were able to squeeze out a win with less than a minute to spare once I ran over to the Scholar and started a Eos summon after the third wipe before one of the two bards pulled who had also never played before pulled Sephirot for the third time while I was not at my station because I was trying to show the healers where their cures were located. Surprisingly enough, we never came close to wiping to any of the mechanics, just the complete lack of heals, which Eos handled all by herself in the end.

How is it possible to get totally new players at that stage of the game? Or is this just hyperbole?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

How is it possible to get totally new players at that stage of the game? Or is this just hyperbole?

I assumed he was referring to a Seph exhibition fight at PAX.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Hey guys, I could use an assist.

I've found ways to go through enemy lists pretty easily, but I'm not sure how to reassign button combinations on the controller. So, I need one of two things:

How to reassign button combinations on the controller (like R2+R1)

OR

A macro that says "Go down on the list of engaged enemies."

The first is better, but the second would help for now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I played this game in bed with PS4 remote play last night and I was really impressed. All my fuckups were due to not really playing with a controller often enough to remember my button layouts, nothing to do with any sort of input lag or anything.

Though level 60 BLMing is a little tough when you have to squint at the screen to make out all your timers because the numbers are so small.

• Locked thread