Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I had a plot in a community garden once, I'm a farmer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

At least Cliven's business was sort of based on cattle, as completely incompetently as it was done. Finnicum was basically a slave holder with even less of a claim on the title of farmer.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Casimir Radon posted:

At least Cliven's business was sort of based on cattle, as completely incompetently as it was done. Finnicum was basically a slave holder with even less of a claim on the title of farmer.

Well, he was using slave foster children to ranch his cattle. Freedom isn't free :911:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Didn't someone in this thread who lives in Kanab say that Finnicum was generally regarded to have treated the foster kids decently, even if they were his primary revenue stream?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Didn't someone in this thread who lives in Kanab say that Finnicum was generally regarded to have treated the foster kids decently, even if they were his primary revenue stream?

Yes. Raising foster children as a primary form of income isn't incredibly unusual, nor is it a sign of abuse unto itself. Nor is having the kids work on your farm.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Yeah, that was me. Its second hand hearsay info so take it with a grain of salt. The word around here is that he was a nice enough guy as long as you didn't start talking about the role of federal government.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I was the best man at LaVoy's wedding and also we shared a psychic mind link. I personally felt him sexually abuse each and every one of those children, because we had that weird twin power where if he puts his hand in a flame I feel it and poo poo. He wasn't even sexually attracted to children, he did it because, in his words, "It's the most evil thing I could think of doing to them."

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Like, he might have beat his children if they asked to visit national parks or something but I haven't heard of any reports of that.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
You'd think after Romney failed his presidency they'd stop theiy whole "abloo bloo nobody cares about mormons :qq:" schtick because the answer was clearly "no, nobody does"

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

You'd think after Romney failed his presidency they'd stop theiy whole "abloo bloo nobody cares about mormons :qq:" schtick because the answer was clearly "no, nobody does"

I think the Romney candidacy shone an uncomfortable amount of light on Mormonism, which could lead to more people recognizing that Mormons are roughly about as close to mainstream Christian as Muslims are. The Mormon/Muslim comparison has been around for just about as long as Mormonism has.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

InterFaced posted:

Like, he might have beat his children if they asked to visit national parks or something but I haven't heard of any reports of that.

Yeah, it's pretty much speculation, but, idk, 50 kids in ten years seems pretty shady. I don't know how long foster kids usually stay with their parents, but he would be averaging about five a year and the reports of his final batch suggested that they didn't stay longer than 12 months.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I think the Romney candidacy shone an uncomfortable amount of light on Mormonism, which could lead to more people recognizing that Mormons are roughly about as close to mainstream Christian as Muslims are. The Mormon/Muslim comparison has been around for just about as long as Mormonism has.

The difference between Mormonism and Islam is that Mormonism should definitely be illegal. Say what you will about Islam but at least its followers are monotheists and don't wear special undergarments. They can even drink if they get real technical about the 'fruits of palmtrees and grapevines' bit.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Constant Hamprince posted:

The difference between Mormonism and Islam is that Mormonism should definitely be illegal. Say what you will about Islam but at least its followers are monotheists and don't wear special undergarments. They can even drink if they get real technical about the 'fruits of palmtrees and grapevines' bit.

They also dont stockpile years of food so they have something to gain by society remaining functional

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Raku posted:

They also dont stockpile years of food so they have something to gain by society remaining functional

Not to mention all the massacres they did back in the Wild West means Mormonism killed way more Americans on a per-capita basis that Islam has. Like Al-Qaeda would basically have to nuke us to catch up.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

IF YOU DON'T USE THE CAR FOR COMMERCIAL ENDEVORS YOU DON'T NEED LICENCE OR RESTRATION OR INSURANCE. I HAVE A PLATE THAT DUPELICATES THE LOOK OF THE STATE I LIVE IN. IT SAYS"UCC1 308" MY I.D.'S AND ANYTHING I SIGN INCLUDING SS OR ANY GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS OR TICKETS I SIGN WITH "UCC1 308. SURE MAKES IT EASY WHEN YOU GET A TICKET SIGN IT WITH"UCC1308" . WHEN YOU GET THE TICKET SENT DON'T OPEN IT. WRITE ON ENVELOPE AT A DIAGONAL "NO CONTRACT" ON BOTH SIDES OFENVELOPE. ALSO WRITE RETURN TO SENDER. AS LONG AS YOU DON'T PARTICIPATE IN THEIR JURISDICTION THEY CAN'T TOUCH YOU.

THIS IS FROM MY EXPERIENCE

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Otisburg posted:

IF YOU DON'T USE THE CAR FOR COMMERCIAL ENDEVORS YOU DON'T NEED LICENCE OR RESTRATION OR INSURANCE. I HAVE A PLATE THAT DUPELICATES THE LOOK OF THE STATE I LIVE IN. IT SAYS"UCC1 308" MY I.D.'S AND ANYTHING I SIGN INCLUDING SS OR ANY GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS OR TICKETS I SIGN WITH "UCC1 308. SURE MAKES IT EASY WHEN YOU GET A TICKET SIGN IT WITH"UCC1308" . WHEN YOU GET THE TICKET SENT DON'T OPEN IT. WRITE ON ENVELOPE AT A DIAGONAL "NO CONTRACT" ON BOTH SIDES OFENVELOPE. ALSO WRITE RETURN TO SENDER. AS LONG AS YOU DON'T PARTICIPATE IN THEIR JURISDICTION THEY CAN'T TOUCH YOU.

THIS IS FROM MY EXPERIENCE

Sorry friend but you didn't use Quantum Grammar which is somehow both trademarked and sovereign from US law so you pretty much just created joinder and are hosed

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The funny thing is that this guy's "i just ignore the letters i get an return to sender so I can say 100% it works for me" is probably true, in the sense that the bench warrant sword of damocles he's set up for himself hasn't dropped, yet

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Later that evening some state legislators & representatives from four states met with
us and voiced their concerns and listened to our story! Our meeting was interrupted by
a retired Army general all dressed in 18th century clothing. He presented Ammon with
his personal Bronze Star and a signed copy of the Declaration of Independence, as this
gentleman was a great grandson of one of the original signers. Ammon was very
425 humbled and didn't want to accept it, but he did.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Great grandson of one of the original signers? :raise:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Also a vampire, clearly.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Joke's on you, they didn't say a signer of the declaration. Probably just a signer of A declaration

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Maybe his great grandfather was an early developer of ASL. :911:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Retired [Michigan White Nationalist Irregular] Army general and grandson of one of the signers [of the articles of secession from the Zionist Occupied Government].

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Also a vampire, clearly.

Assuming they skipped a great- or two there. If it's an authentic document (big if) then a family heirloom would probably be one of the only legit ways to have one these days so I'd be inclined to believe the lineage.

Edit: well, he also just said a signed copy. So it could be a gift shop replica signed by the general :v:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Otisburg posted:

The funny thing is that this guy's "i just ignore the letters i get an return to sender so I can say 100% it works for me" is probably true, in the sense that the bench warrant sword of damocles he's set up for himself hasn't dropped, yet

This is a huge part of sovereign citizen "success". They're right, you actually can stop paying your taxes....for 3-5 years. Then the IRS comes down on you like a hammer.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Jumpingmanjim posted:

https://www.facebook.com/cheifkessler/?fref=ts

Lol this guy is cleaning up the Lavoy Finicum memorial.

lol

quote:

Considering you are actually an arm of the very organization that murdered LaVoy, you're actions don't surprise me. Who in the Hell are you Kessler to remove a memorial? Yeah I said it! I know who you run with punk because I researched your rear end a long time ago. And anyone that believes you is clueless. Yes Sir. I'm well informed in Coin Intel Pro. Y'all better start researching who you follow. Fed's are flooding social media with agents disguised as patriots. Not all of them are bad. But this one is the algae on the amoeba that sucks scum from the bottom of the pond. Karma is a doozy.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I want to cast some magic spells using the US Constitution too

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

theflyingorc posted:

This is a huge part of sovereign citizen "success". They're right, you actually can stop paying your taxes....for 3-5 years. Then the IRS comes down on you like a hammer.

They will then loudly complain that the government is breaking the rules by not striking them by some arbitrary cutoff date proves their tyranny. The concept of "consequences" following actions does not appear to to very well understood by SovCits.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Sacagawea, silver dollars, montana militia, i got all the hot coin intel

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Apparently people were giving all sorts of patriotic stuff to Ammon. I'm confused by the thought process though, because I'm not sure how useful a Marines dress uniform or a flag from the same government you're fighting against, even if it was the one they draped on your brother's coffin, is useful is during an armed occupation.

theflyingorc posted:

I'd bet that sovcits who don't file are more likely to be owed money than the other way around, and the IRS is less likely to track you down and force check into your hand.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Yeah if you're owed a refund there is no penalty for not filing your returns. You just lose the ability to get those refunds after three years.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

cumshitter posted:

Apparently people were giving all sorts of patriotic stuff to Ammon. I'm confused by the thought process though, because I'm not sure how useful a Marines dress uniform or a flag from the same government you're fighting against, even if it was the one they draped on your brother's coffin, is useful is during an armed occupation.

I'd bet that sovcits who don't file are more likely to be owed money than the other way around, and the IRS is less likely to track you down and force check into your hand.

"I ain't paid uncle sam one dime in taxes in ten years! Let them come find me! They have no authority to tax me!" (lives on social security disability, makes under 20k/yr)

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

This guy is an American hero :lol::lol:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Let's get the man an account. There's no way this could turn out poorly.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Discendo Vox posted:

240 years ago, men can still be fertile at 80, checks out. :v:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

GreyjoyBastard posted:

240 years ago, men can still be fertile at 80, checks out. :v:

Very few of the signers were born on the same day they signed. :)

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Been waiting for this, it produced a lot of funny tweets when it happened originally:

quote:

On April 16, the Oregon Territory Society of Professional Journalists hosted a panel discussion between a group of journalists who covered the occupation of the Malheur Wildlife Refuge in Harney County, Oregon. Panelists included Les Zaitz (The Oregonian), Amanda Peacher and John Sepulvado (Oregon Public Broadcasting), Wanda Moore (KTVZ), and Samantha White (Burns Times-Herald). Jeff Wohler, retired Oregonian editor, moderates the discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbKMeKIQbWo

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Jumpingmanjim posted:

This guy is an American hero :lol::lol:

Mark Kessler was (is?) the head of a anti-government militia. That facebook account is making fun of the same sort of "3%'er" / "Oath Keeper" people he recruited. Don't be so quick to hit Like on his posts. Google his name and watch some of his videos.
The facebook page may be a fake/troll account, but the real dude has made up some pretty crazy conspiracies about working for the federal government to draw out second amendment groups/patriot groups/millitia members to help bring down terrorist organizations. Well, that was his excuse for running a militia while working as a police chief of a small town anyway. An excuse he came up with after being fired for terrorizing the town.

quote:

“Whereas, the Chief of Police of Gilberton, Pennsylvania have usurped the government of the Town of Gilberton through the use of arms and armed intimidation and Whereas, he has recruited armed vigilantes to block access to town meetings and further has threatened and intimidated town citizens who might speak out in opposition against him and Whereas he has posted videos threatening the life of Secretary of State John Kerry and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi; we the people of the United States call on the President of the United States, Barack H. Obama to order the federalizing of the Pennsylvania National Guard to go to Gilberton to disarm the Chief and his gang and restore law and order to the Town of Gilberton,” the petition reads in full.

Pictures of the people who showed up to provide "security" when he was being suspended as police chief:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Dude, the thread you want is thattaway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Young Freud posted:

Yeah, it's pretty much speculation, but, idk, 50 kids in ten years seems pretty shady. I don't know how long foster kids usually stay with their parents, but he would be averaging about five a year and the reports of his final batch suggested that they didn't stay longer than 12 months.

It depends on a lot of things, but you don't get paid for having a high turnover. It's entirely possible this was the one area where dude wasn't a terrible person. Even idiots are multifaceted.

Mercury_Storm posted:

I want to cast some magic spells using the US Constitution too

We used to be able to do this, but Nixon hosed everything up.

Peztopiary has issued a correction as of 11:12 on Apr 26, 2016