Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Apparently that was a false rumor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Apparently that was a false rumor!

I was gonna say dude, the show is still called Preacher so...

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Also it sounds like the shitpost version of the "Jesse will not have The Word" rumor that already got debunked.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh I didn't know Howard Stark was in this

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

Didn't they already say that they're aliens and they took out all the religious elements?

I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on that, since Seth Rogen is behind Preacher and he already made a movie where Satan shows up with a giant swinging cock, so I don't think he's too afraid of religious poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on that, since Seth Rogen is behind Preacher and he already made a movie where Satan shows up with a giant swinging cock, so I don't think he's too afraid of religious poo poo.

There were a lot of people freaking out after the first trailer didn't show any explicitly supernatural stuff so rumors started going around that they had completely excised Genesis and the Word from the show.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The show still looks like it might suck the big one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

There were a lot of people freaking out after the first trailer didn't show any explicitly supernatural stuff so rumors started going around that they had completely excised Genesis and the Word from the show.

I think at that time the show had barely begun to shoot? They probably didn't have any special effects shots done yet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That first trailer was pretty obviously all just stuff from the first episode, which looks like it's going to open with the day or so before everything happens instead of just flashing back to it later like the comic did.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Am I crazy or did Agents of SHIELD have a reference to Eden Fesi recently (like a mention that Hydra or someone were interested in a teleporting Inhuman in Australia), then subsequently introduce a non-Aboriginal Aussie who is annoying as poo poo?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Medullah posted:

My immediate question why are the angels cowboys? I'm assuming that will be revealed later in the show

Because this show will be about as related to the comic as Lucifer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

Am I crazy or did Agents of SHIELD have a reference to Eden Fesi recently (like a mention that Hydra or someone were interested in a teleporting Inhuman in Australia), then subsequently introduce a non-Aboriginal Aussie who is annoying as poo poo?

They haven't given the new guys last name but given his first name and his fire powers he's probably the TV version of JT James from Secret Warriors. Eden still hasn't actually shown up yet.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Netflix has officially ordered a Punisher series.

https://twitter.com/JamesHibberd/status/726033527150641152?ref_src=twsrc

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Definitely the most shocking reveal of all time.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
Finally got around to watching this week's Legends of Tomorrow. It was real bad. The show is at its weakest when it heavily features one of two things; Rip Hunter's boring scifi future world with his boring family, and Hawkgirl/man poo poo. This episode heavily features both, and ended with Hawkgirl in a position to kill Vandal Savage, the whole point of the team, with Rip standing right there telling her if she doesn't do it his family will be dead forever. She refuses because it would mean Hawkman won't resurrect, the character whose heartstopping romance consisted of both characters waking up one day and remembering they're madly in love.

It's real sad how far the show fluctuates in quality from actually really fun episodes to these really boring ones.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

DrProsek posted:

Finally got around to watching this week's Legends of Tomorrow. It was real bad. The show is at its weakest when it heavily features one of two things; Rip Hunter's boring scifi future world with his boring family, and Hawkgirl/man poo poo. This episode heavily features both, and ended with Hawkgirl in a position to kill Vandal Savage, the whole point of the team, with Rip standing right there telling her if she doesn't do it his family will be dead forever. She refuses because it would mean Hawkman won't resurrect, the character whose heartstopping romance consisted of both characters waking up one day and remembering they're madly in love.

It's real sad how far the show fluctuates in quality from actually really fun episodes to these really boring ones.

Even worse is that it isn't even her version of Carter. He's from 2166, who gives a poo poo what happens to that Hawkman, you'll be long dead by then. You don't even know about most of your other lives over a few thousand years. I don't really care about the starcrossed lover destiny crap, it comes off as the dumbest, stupidest thing ever and I almost rage quit the entire series right then. This has been a very bad year for the DC CW shows.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The threat against future Carter was really vague. Savage mentioned that he had "locked his mind" so he wouldn't remember past lives but does that mean going forward forever or just this life? Also the way that this one soldier is the only one who loses his helmet and just happens to be Carter is kind of dumb. They really could have done a better job of introducing him other than complete coincidence.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

The threat against future Carter was really vague. Savage mentioned that he had "locked his mind" so he wouldn't remember past lives but does that mean going forward forever or just this life? Also the way that this one soldier is the only one who loses his helmet and just happens to be Carter is kind of dumb. They really could have done a better job of introducing him other than complete coincidence.

"They could have easily done a better job of ______" seems to be the running theme of the CW DCU this season. I mean I get low budgets and all, but this stuff is truly half assing it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ToastyPotato posted:

I don't really care about the starcrossed lover destiny crap, it comes off as the dumbest, stupidest thing ever

everything_related_to_the_hawkcharacters_in_all_media.txt

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

TwoPair posted:

everything_related_to_the_hawkcharacters_in_all_media.txt

JLU managed to do something good with Hawkgirl, somehow.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

I get the feeling that the people behind JLU were legitimately interested in telling good stories, and not making GBS threads out episodes as fast as possible.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

I get the feeling that the people behind JLU were legitimately interested in telling good stories, and not making GBS threads out episodes as fast as possible.

It helps that Dwayne McDuffie turned a bunch of lovely uninteresting DC characters into good Marvel characters with the serial numbers filed off.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Because they used one of the few versions that wasn't saddled with all that ~true love's destiny~ baggage, the alien soldier from a race of hawkpeople, they were free to characterize her as they liked and made something pretty awesome.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

ToastyPotato posted:

I don't really care about the starcrossed lover destiny crap, it comes off as the dumbest, stupidest thing ever and I almost rage quit the entire series right then. This has been a very bad year for the DC CW shows.

I'd care ever so slightly more about their starcrossed lover thing if I cared even the slightest bit about their characters before they introduced it, but ever since Hawkgirl was a character on Flash, it's been basically all she's done ever since Hawkman showed up. I saw the faintest glimmer of hope when Carter died and I hoped the show would use that opportunity to build up Hawkgirl as her own character more so that when the Hawkman stuff comes back I have reason to care, but then she sends almost all her time on the ship moping about Carter/Ray/how Carter would feel about Ray. I think she had some subplot about feeling really angry but then that stopped.

McSpanky posted:

Because they used one of the few versions that wasn't saddled with all that ~true love's destiny~ baggage, the alien soldier from a race of hawkpeople, they were free to characterize her as they liked and made something pretty awesome.

The cartoon even had that ~true love's destiny~ crap in there but a) it didn't consume the character and become all she talked about and b) she was already interesting and likable before it came up so we had a reason to give half a poo poo.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lurdiak posted:

LoT has made me realize that the reason I always disliked Hawkman stories is because I knew he was a possessive creep. Someday people will realize that that kind of relationship is not romantic.

On a friends podcast, he mentions how with all these more mature comics being adapted into shows, he'd love to see Grendel to be adapted. It's been forever since i've read it, but yea, that would be pretty awesome.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Agent Carter is unlikely to get a 3rd season. Apparently Hayley Atwell took a role in a TV show called "Conviction" and the low ratings combined to make Marvel decide it wasn't worth it.

http://fanfest.com/agent-carter-probably-wont-have-third-season/

Also "Marvel's Most Wanted" isn't likely to be happening either.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Agent Carter is unlikely to get a 3rd season. Apparently Hayley Atwell took a role in a TV show called "Conviction" and the low ratings combined to make Marvel decide it wasn't worth it.

http://fanfest.com/agent-carter-probably-wont-have-third-season/

Also "Marvel's Most Wanted" isn't likely to be happening either.

Sweet, now they just need to put AoS out of it's misery and all is right in the world.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 3, 2016

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rhyno posted:

Sweet, now they just need to put AoS out of it's misery and all is right in the world.

Good news! It is coming back next year and I'm willing to bet a 5th season is a safe bet too.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Yeah, apparently AoS is getting decent enough ratings and critical response, so they are keeping the TV division focused on AoS and Netflix.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Agents has low enough ratings that unless a spin-off were to somehow get higher ratings, it's not worth it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Marvel should beef up its Netflix presence and do Netflix movies in addition to the series. Tell a single, large story in 2 hours and put it on netflix.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

Marvel should beef up its Netflix presence and do Netflix movies in addition to the series. Tell a single, large story in 2 hours and put it on netflix.

Make low budget origin stories for everyone, then the normal good movies in the theater.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
I'm glad we got two seasons of Agent Carter :) I'm sure Atwell will make some appearances in the movies, if only in flashbacks, so the character isn't gone forever.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

HIJK posted:

I'm glad we got two seasons of Agent Carter :) I'm sure Atwell will make some appearances in the movies, if only in flashbacks, so the character isn't gone forever.

She shows up in Civil War, at least.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Klungar posted:

She shows up in Civil War, at least.

Probably as much as Michael Shannon was in BvS.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

twistedmentat posted:

Probably as much as Michael Shannon was in BvS.

Well, I believe she dies and we see her funeral, so yes, she will also be a corpse on a slab.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

Make low budget origin stories for everyone, then the normal good movies in the theater.

I, for one, will watch the hell out of a Speedball or Darkhawk movie.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Yeah, apparently AoS is getting decent enough ratings and critical response, so they are keeping the TV division focused on AoS and Netflix.

citation needed*

Unless you mean because it got renewed for a 4th season then I guess that counts?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

AbsolutelySane posted:

I, for one, will watch the hell out of a Speedball or Darkhawk movie.

Actually if we're going to do "real" ideas I have always wanted a miniseries version of Maximum Carnage. I wonder how the rights shake out for that as a Netflix project, hmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo, AoS's version of the Kree looked loving stupid as hell.