Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It was cool that you can cast them from the start of the game if you knew the combinations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Something Yahtzee pointed out that doesn't get enough credit, and it applies to Dark Souls as well, but SotN is one of the few games that has totally unique enemies relegated to single, optional rooms. Every corner of the castle has unique enemy sprites and encounters and that's so rare, especially in the "let's reuse the same sprites for twenty years" Castlevania series. Dark Souls does that too--those red frog creatures are hidden within a rather well-tucked-away optional zone and nowhere else will you find them.

Alas poor Yorick: http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Yorick

At least I think he was used only in one room :confused:

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Jay Rust posted:

Then they reuse the hydra, the mushroomboys and the clamthings in Ash Lake, which was disappointing given how uniquely gorgeous the area is

Ash Lake is one of the coolest locations in any game. It's so ridiculously difficult to find and is staggeringly pretty. I really love hidden stuff in video games

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I like

pleather for breakfast

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I still haven't finished it, but as of tonight I've decided that Dark Souls 3 is my favorite DS game now. I wasn't sure it was going to surpass DS1's elegance and simplicity in my heart, but it has.

It even Stockholm syndromed me into loving a boss that I spent hours stuck on until I knew every single one of his moves and we just did a choreographed dance for the entire fight.

I cannot wait to play it again. Not just NG+, which is gonna rule, but with a new character, and a new build. This game is totally nuts. I love everything about it.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Anyone know when the PSN updates the store for the day? I was hoping to download the Nioh demo tonight. And I think the new Hitman stage is out today? It's officially the 26th, give me my content!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

What the gently caress is a Nioh

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

thanks tales of maj'eyal

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Onimusha Souls

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

a launch title for Sony's Playstation 3 videogame console

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Nickel Hydroxide

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
http://i.imgur.com/oFYTdvO.webm

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

LTTP: Ranting about Bloodborne's invincibility frames compared to other Soul's games

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

That Star Fox cartoon is finally out.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

didn't that get shitcanned by nintendo?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
whatever happened to lady naga, i haven't seen her post in a while

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Motto posted:

didn't that get shitcanned by nintendo?

they had to change it so that it was no longer star fox related and is now just obvious star fox parody

can't use any of the actual names

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

they had to change it so that it was no longer star fox related and is now just obvious star fox parody

can't use any of the actual names

I just watched it, and they do. A lot.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

his name is (Guy) Fawkes McLeod, clearly different

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

No Such Thing posted:

I just watched it, and they do. A lot.

I haven't watched it but I assume it's all spelled and maybe slightly pronounced differently enough to try and claim it as parody.

It's like when jojo's bizarre adventure gets translated and you end up with stuff like this

plausible deniability or something idk

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

who cares it exists and it's good.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

whatever happened to lady naga, i haven't seen her post in a while

I've seen her post a little bit in the kid's show thread over in TVIV, so I'd wager she just got tired of our company.

Right now I'm waiting on laundry and also Star Fox Zero to finish installing. Even if it's an uncomfortably faithful remake of 64, I'd be fine with that because I haven't even touched that game since I rented it from Blockbuster back during the actual 64 era.

Level Slide fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 26, 2016

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Onimusha Souls

Ninja Onimusha Souls Gaiden.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I've seen a lot of reviews and vids about how star fox zero is hot garbage because nintendo used gyro controls for the aiming and that it was way too close to star fox 64 but I thought that people like gyro aiming in p much everything that has used it and I thought "more like sf64" is what fans have been begging for for years now

probably just a case of people not knowing what they want and I don't think the reviews would have ever been positive either way

it looks like a fun game and I will maybe play it some day if I can get it for super cheap

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

yeah i watched people playing it and it looked like a lot of fun

it looks like an original wii game rather than a wii u game but thats fine. good games come from all places

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Gyro aiming has never been good for me. It's so incredibly unintuitive in every game that comes by.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
admittedly i'm a person who played and beat phantom hourglass & spirit tracks and didn't hate the controls. I thought it would have been nice to include button controls as an option and I think only offering motion/touch controls is silly but I thought they worked fairly well, and I've played enough splatoon with the gyro controls to be able to say they work well enough there so :shrug:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
im still not sure how "its like sf64" is a criticism

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

corn in the bible posted:

Original Starfox was superior

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, I love playing games at 12 fps

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

Apparently the criticism wasn't that it was "like" but that it "is"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Level Slide posted:

Apparently the criticism wasn't that it was "like" but that it "is"

my point stands

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All old games are bad sorry, lol if you're playing anything made before 2015

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

You take issue with a game that directly apes from Chrono Trigger, but how many games took from Chrono Trigger between then and now? There's around a decade gap between Chrono Cross and I am Setsuna. The only similarity between Setsuna and Trigger that I see are the onscreen enemies and team techniques anyway.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I sure can't wait to play Watch Dogs 2 and rejoin my iconic friend Aiden Pearce and his iconic hat and iconic trenchcoat

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Sakurazuka posted:

All old games are bad sorry, lol if you're playing anything made before 2015

hmm but the new star fox is from 2016 what a paradox

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
anyone else in here in the mirror's edge beta?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

EDIT: added links

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 26, 2016

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
What the heck is this game, look very cool and good

Adbot