Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Ouhei posted:

I think the only way Bernie actually drops out is if he gets swept today, anything short of that and I think he'll stay in (at least hopefully shifting back to policy/message talk and less on the attacking side).

So I'm hoping for a sweep. I want this to be over with so we can get all of our ducks in a row for the general.

lol is this a real post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Guys I think Bernie Sanders is going to lose by a whole bunch today.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Bloody Queef posted:

Name some policies she'll ultimately campaign further right on?

She moved from $12 min wage to 12* (15 in higher cost areas) so is she going to not campaign on raising the minimum?

She clarified that the TPP wasn't good because of Bernie, will she now say it's amazing?

Is she going to say she'll repeal and replace Obamacare?

Seriously think it through, she's not going to take a hard right for the GE. She might abandon the leftward she made during the primary, but I don't buy that she'll move further right. If she's running against Trump, the election is being handed to her so she doesn't need to abandon her principles to win.

You are making the assumption that her current positions are her principles as opposed to being purely political.

For example, I would wager that she probably actually really likes the TPP given that she was Sec of State when it was being developed and was previously on the record talking about how great it was.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Goetta posted:

You are making the assumption that her current positions are her principles as opposed to being purely political.

For example, I would wager that she probably actually really likes the TPP given that she was Sec of State when it was being developed and was previously on the record talking about how great it was.

Sort of odd for her to do the bidding of the Obama administration while Secretary of State.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Goetta posted:

Playing games with what you think a candidate really believes usually involves a lot of projection and wishful thinking. It's a bad road to head down.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Guys why won't you sanders supporters just back down already, you're so negative in this campaign and its Her Turn.

Dangit Bernie why do you have to keep showing the corruption within the democratic party, can't you just accept that we have to unify the party to beat those dastardly republicans??

Why can't you just accept that this election was bought and paid for already, stop trying to say she'll just revert to the policies she's held for 20 years instead of the ones she adopted in the past 6 months when she realized that she'd actually have to show up to campaign stops

:qq:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I'm just here for the meltdowns.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

axeil posted:

he should drop out because if today goes like it should he'll need something like 80% of the remaining vote to win and :lol: if you think that's remotely plausible.

there's dignity in realizing you lost and bowing out.

He has Hillary by the balls - a feeling she does not enjoy

I guarantee if she came out and supported one of Bernie's major proposals tomorrow (single-payer, free tuition instead of her half-baked tuition plan) he'd drop out and endorse her

She won't do that because she is dumb and terrible

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mitt Romney posted:

Sort of odd for her to do the bidding of the Obama administration while Secretary of State.

She was a part of the Obama administration?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

TyrantWD posted:

Predictions for today:
RI: +6 Sanders
CT: +2 Clinton
PA: +6 Clinton
DE: +18 Clinton
MD: +20 Clinton

Bernie won't drop out, but he is going to seriously wear out his welcome.

Lol you act like the Democrats welcomed him with open arms.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Schnorkles posted:

Guys I think Bernie Sanders is going to lose by a whole bunch today.

inshallah

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Barack Obama personally negotiated all trade deals and callously forced his noble Sec of State to publicly defend them over her strong personal opposition and I getting this right.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Homeless Friend posted:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Goetta you seem mad friend.

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Goetta posted:

I'm an avowed Clinton despiser. I will absolutely not vote for her in the GE under any circumstance. But I don't really think it's completely fair to say that she'll shift her major policy positions to go after independents and centrist Republicans.

Will she pander? Hell yes. Every politician running for president does.

She hadn't seen the final version of the TPP when she thought it was great. However, I wouldn't be shocked if she walked her opposition back a little during the GE. That would be returning closer to her original position, not something opposite of what Bernie pushed her towards.

Please name a policy she will campaign on that's further right than her policies when she announced her 16 rub. And what her new position will be.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Goetta posted:

Barack Obama personally negotiated all trade deals and callously forced his noble Sec of State to publicly defend them over her strong personal opposition and I getting this right.

Yes don't you know that she's always supported POLLING_OPTION_SUPPORT_GRTEROREQL_51

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

The best part of tuesdays

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
My bad I forgot this thread was to just to say meltdown at each other nevermind

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Bloody Queef posted:

Name some policies she'll ultimately campaign further right on?

She moved from $12 min wage to 12* (15 in higher cost areas) so is she going to not campaign on raising the minimum?

She clarified that the TPP wasn't good because of Bernie, will she now say it's amazing?

Is she going to say she'll repeal and replace Obamacare?

Seriously think it through, she's not going to take a hard right for the GE. She might abandon the leftward she made during the primary, but I don't buy that she'll move further right. If she's running against Trump, the election is being handed to her so she doesn't need to abandon her principles to win.

I don't think the TPP change had anything to do with Bernie. It's incredibly unpopular across the spectrum (maybe has some support in California), and "bad trade deals" stems from Trump. On minimum wage going from 12 to 12* (*15 in higher cost areas) was likely a position she always held. I don't anyone could hope to become the Democratic nominee if they thought that areas that are able to raise the minimum wage beyond a certain point shouldn't. On healthcare Bernie wants single payer, Hillary is going to stick to her guns of fixing/improving Obamacare.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Goetta posted:

My bad I forgot this thread was to just to say meltdown at each other nevermind

nice meltdown

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Schnorkles posted:

nice meltdown

Nice meltdown

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

TyrantWD posted:

I don't think the TPP change had anything to do with Bernie. It's incredibly unpopular across the spectrum (maybe has some support in California), and "bad trade deals" stems from Trump. On minimum wage going from 12 to 12* (*15 in higher cost areas) was likely a position she always held. I don't anyone could hope to become the Democratic nominee if they thought that areas that are able to raise the minimum wage beyond a certain point shouldn't. On healthcare Bernie wants single payer, Hillary is going to stick to her guns of fixing/improving Obamacare.

"Yeah she's said she doesn't support any of these things, but I bet she actually does and so I'm voting for her" -someone totally in touch with reality

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

TyrantWD posted:

Okay. So which of her policy positions she had when she announced her presidential run will she campaign further to the right on in the GE?

I'll help you. It'll be none. Or maybe something completely inconsequential.

Bloody Queef has issued a correction as of 15:39 on Apr 26, 2016

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bloody Queef posted:

Okay. So which of her policy positions she had when she announced her presidential run will she campaign further to the right on in the GE?

Minimum Wage will become a game of Name That Tune

Hillary: I can gently caress over those poors at $12/hour

Trump: I can gently caress over those poors at $11/hour

Hillary: I can gently caress over those poors at $10/hour!

Trump: ...gently caress over those poors!

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

EugeneJ posted:

Minimum Wage will become a game of Name That Tune

Hillary: I can gently caress over those poors at $12/hour

Trump: I can gently caress over those poors at $11/hour

Hillary: I can gently caress over those poors at $10/hour!

Trump: ...gently caress over those poors!

And which of those would happen because Bernie wouldn't drop out?

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lol you act like the Democrats welcomed him with open arms.

They basically did. It's not their fault Bernie didn't bother to cultivate relationships with fellow congressmen during his decades in office, decided to throw together a campaign at the last minute, and tried to wing it.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Skyl3lazer posted:

lol is this a real post

Yes, it's a real post. I don't think he's going to drop out at all, I'm saying if there's any chance of it happening after today it's if he gets swept.

I also personally want the primary to be officially over so we can move on, this is a personal opinion.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Didn't realize people thought this was still a contest

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Al! posted:

No one but the most deluded. There are a few posters who like to wander in and yell about how awful everyone who doesn't agree with them and support God emperor Sanders are though. I actually enjoy those posts immensely.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Skyl3lazer posted:

Guys why won't you sanders supporters just back down already, you're so negative in this campaign and its Her Turn.

Dangit Bernie why do you have to keep showing the corruption within the democratic party, can't you just accept that we have to unify the party to beat those dastardly republicans??

Why can't you just accept that this election was bought and paid for already, stop trying to say she'll just revert to the policies she's held for 20 years instead of the ones she adopted in the past 6 months when she realized that she'd actually have to show up to campaign stops

:qq:

It's not so much 'it's her turn' at this point as she's objectively the winner, and the only way sanders can change that is if he somehow gets 100% of california or relies on the super delegates supporting the person with less votes and delegates, a practice he previously condemned.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Al! posted:

the bird added a x2 multiplier to his vote count

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Bloody Queef posted:

She can become even more hawkish on foreign policy than she already is, push for more tax cuts, the need to reform entitlements to "save" them, and "comprehensive energy reform/energy independence".

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord

Tatum Girlparts posted:

All, they all must burn to atone for 2008. The nation's rivers will run red with blood of the nonbelievers.

Harsh, but fair

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Goetta posted:

Sorta, he directs the ustr doesn't he?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

EugeneJ posted:

I guarantee if she came out and supported one of Bernie's major proposals tomorrow (single-payer, free tuition instead of her half-baked tuition plan) he'd drop out and endorse her

Nah probably not. Bernie's a petulant baby and nothing would satisfy him.

It's like the thing with the Wall St. talk transcripts. If she released them and there was nothing in them do you honestly think people wouldn't still pillory her for them? Nothing's ever good enough for leftists.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Although i get the feeling the tpp has been in the works before Obama was even around and they just sort of chugged along

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Goetta posted:

The Secretary of State serves at the pleasure of the President, not sure what you aren't understanding about that.

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
Also, nice...felt gown? Wait gently caress

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Notable Dom X posted:

Also, nice...felt gown? Wait gently caress

bryce feltdown, action news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

EugeneJ posted:

no he doesn't, no she won't, no he wouldn't.

• Locked thread