Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Xolve posted:

Fighterbomber's can hit a Large POS stick, so unless that particular super pilot is really, really dumb, they'll never be within 9km.

They also recall very, very quickly.

They orbit targeted capitals at 5-7k, unless that's changed since I checked it last week. Also, do smartbombs affect their torpedo salvo ability?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

I don't know this poo poo could sit well with anyone. Favor is a fickle mistress, and while this particular incident might just negatively impact GSF, if the playerbase lets this slide then who knows what other actions they'll feel comfortable taking in future wars depending on who they like better at the time.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dieting Hippo posted:

that's a low tax

:master:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
reddit, aside from test, is against this so ccp hosed up :v:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

It is really funny though :holy:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Percelus posted:

It is really funny though :holy:

Meh. CCP's hate on us has had much funnier examples. This is just tired and old. GM Sunshine is one of my favorites.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i am glad that we agree with reddit. furthermore,

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ccp listens to reddit and hates us, remember :)

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Join Freestyle Cyclists and help repeal Australia's unjustified Helmet laws.

Studies have shown cars travel much closer to cyclists wearing helmets, arguably increasing the risk of an accident.

ccp listens to reddit and hates us, remember :)

Didn't someone just have all avatar backgrounds changed?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Shux posted:

Just one really, but the meltdown was pretty glorious.

It's a name, who cares? Ex-employee gets a favor :toot:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

Just one really, but the meltdown was pretty glorious.

It's a name, who cares? Ex-employee gets a favor :toot:

you're stupid

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

I seriously cannot wait for you idiots to start drawing parallels between a corp rename and the T20 incident.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Goatman Sacks posted:

Fitting a T2 smartbomb in dread's utility highs should actually give them fairly decent defense against fighterbombers, assuming the dread blob is densely packed enough.

Densely packed dreads and cone doomsdays are a match made in heaven.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shux posted:

Yeah but that doesn't count.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
quitting wow for a sandbox game I thought it'd be better to have more hands on devs

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

pugnax posted:

Densely packed dreads and cone doomsdays are a match made in heaven.

Oh right titans exist

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

I seriously cannot wait for you idiots to start drawing parallels between a corp rename and the T20 incident.

I can't wait for you to handwave insanely blatant favoritism :allears:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's been said before but it seems like the only real counter to a mass of caps/super caps, aside from n+1, will be an even greater mass of suicide ships.

I wasn't even aware until the other day that if you lose a tech 3 ship you lose a corresponding skill. I don't understand why they don't apply the same mechanic to capitals and super caps.

because t3cs have like 5 skills for you to lose, and they are all at an x1 multiplier

caps dont have 5 skill bonuses and their skills are like 12x multipliers

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
actually wows most recent ban wave of bitters and rmters was also only temporary so I guess they're more alike than I thought

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

The next disgroontled post should be hilarious.

Txxt
Dec 11, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

CCP gave him a corp named Goonfleet and renamed the old Goonfleet to "oldgoonfleet"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA holy poo poo that was a great screenshot to see with the morning coffee

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

4th Horseman posted:

actually wows most recent ban wave of bitters and rmters was also only temporary so I guess they're more alike than I thought

They're half alike. Eve rmt bans are only temporary if you aren't a goon. If you're a goon, they're permanent and you can never make another account again.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I petitioned to have an avatar background changed and was told no. :smith:

That's some favoritism CCP are showing GoonSwarm Federation.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Xolve posted:

The next disgroontled post should be hilarious.

You can basically look at the reddit thread. People are having the same opinions there. Bullshit move by CCP.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's just sarcasm and joking around, not actually serious in case you couldn't tell my dear Deadtear.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eminai posted:

They're half alike. Eve rmt bans are only temporary if you aren't a goon. If you're a goon, they're permanent and you can never make another account again.

Yeah, Garmon was able to make a whole new account after he got caught trying to RMT the AT ships.

As well as Somer.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

That's just sarcasm and joking around, not actually serious in case you couldn't tell my dear Deadtear.

yeah you're not xolve who is going full out dirk action :)

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Karma is a bitch (both reddit and otherwise).

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

This thread is talking about favoritism.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Don't get me wrong though I think it's a dumb move on CCP's part, but the whole "it's blatant favoritism" after CCP just played favorites on the avatar background change (among other things) is sort of a silly argument. Should CCP have done it? No. Is it a smoking gun that CCP are out to destroy GSF? No. Since they proved they can easily change it, my guess is once they see people calling them out on it they'll reverse the decision.

Also the notion that any Goon caught RMTing is permabanned but any non-goon caught doing the same is given a temp ban is equally stupid. That's disingenuous and provably false with various examples over the years. From what I can gather nobody came in and said IWI bankers had to be unbanned, just that CCP Bugatarist, if he had his own way, would've permabanned them. That could mean a bunch of different things so unless someone can prove that CCP's upper management stepped in then it's just you being a dumb baby. Most likely, CCP's Security Team are going to keep a tighter leash on those guys and IWI as a result.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I want to think CCP did all those things to DJ to spite the current GSF leadership and as someone who doesn't care about the name either way, I find that hilarious.

I mean it's not like CCP has ever tried to shown favoritism to anyone else, giving someone not one but a SECOND completely unique portrait background when the first one just wasn't good enough.

I wonder if Manifest was "bending the knee" at his computer when he changed the name for DJ.

The hurt posting over this is just loving hilarious given the retarded way mittens has been dealing with CCP lately, and the GoonSwarm name change is loving perfect because no one outside of GSF is going to give a poo poo.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Why is it always about reddit with you people?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Xolve posted:

Clearly a threadnought is the answer.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

everyone knows dumb poo poo is going down if endie's trying as hard as he can to distract from it

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

The hurt posting over this is just loving hilarious given the retarded way mittens has been dealing with CCP lately, and the GoonSwarm name change is loving perfect because no one outside of GSF is going to give a poo poo.

Laughing at CCP is not hurt posting.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Your right, this isn't some kind of smoking gun. There have been many previous smoking guns of their dislike of us. Drone assist, Ishtars online, no-sions...

This is just business as normal.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Xolve posted:

Reddit already did.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

Why is it always about reddit with you people?

idk ask darius who is all about THE TEN DOLLAR BOND then goes to reddit first

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
also I, being me, petitioned for this in 2011 and didn't get it from a character IN GOONFLEET, as did I'm sure others so what makes olfatballs johnson somehow more worthy when he's not in the fuckin corp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Complaining about favoritism is really, really sad. Especially if it involves cosmetic stuff like names and background.

I mean Jesus. Internetspaceships are important. And their history more so, I guess.

• Locked thread