Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

Half the time needed to win = Fewer chances to get hit. Also, I just got the title on my Lynn. It wasn't that easy because Muir kept loving around and refusing to position himself correctly for the takedown.

UPDATE: I got the title on my Lynn and Arisha. I did not get it on my Fiona because MUIR loving RAN INTO ME FOR 5 DAMAGE

EAT poo poo MUIR

update I did it with no damage again today because I am rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Bakalakadaka posted:

Ahh ok she's not the guild leader but she's been in forever and can be weird sometimes, she's from Eastern Europe or something. Feel free to hit me up if you need help with stuff or get horribly addicted to this bad game and want a guild later.

Yeah no worries. I'll add you or something on friends so I can ask dumb questions. Yeah she had no idea what FYI meant. So that makes sense.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
I have been quite happy with the Lynn changes, gives me more reason to care about gold orbs, no flinch resetting stuff like Titan by mistake, and divine spear has a use. Oh and Little Rat blocking just about everything.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

It's nice that I don't have to choose between gold orbs and Flying Snow as much as before, but Lynn still needs more improvement. I think my biggest complaint is that Thunderleg isn't comparable in effectiveness to other dodges. Make it go further, or add more invuln frames, or let it pass through obstacles more easily. The only good thing to say about Thunderleg is that it's spammable. That's not high praise when Sword Vella is the only class I play that doesn't have any easy-to-spam defensive skills.

EDIT: I just remembered some other complaints. Detonating ten stacks on a boss mid-attack often resets its attack and allows it to act again immediately. This is kind of a problem if you detonate them with Flying Snow, since that skill immobilizes you for enough time that the boss can hit you with relative impunity. I also have a complaint that only make sense in the context of the Muir fight: if you use Little Rat near a ledge then by golly, the game WILL launch you in the direction of that ledge even if you try to position yourself so your back is not facing the ledge.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 27, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I'm sure Lynn will get a revamp in like 3 years like everyone else did.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

I'm sure Lynn will get a revamp in like 3 years like everyone else did.
Lynn doesn't need a revamp. She's my least favorite character with the worst gear and she outplaces my other characters in S2 raid rankings.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I like Lynn, spinning around, shlonging through chumps like "heh naw kid, can't hit me" *flying guillotine on your face*

Her rotation feels a little long to me though, it's easy to get sidetracked and lose what you're doing and become reactive to the boss instead of proactive. Her actives are/were real dumb though.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Can they stop adding teleporting poo poo bosses and add more giant monster bosses drat.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

People don't want to do 24-man raids because they're the worst ever. How can we fix this?

quote:

The greatest threats in Vindictus are far too strong for a single warrior to face alone. When facing a beast that could destroy a town just by landing on it, you need trusted allies to watch your back and provide your foe with someone else to eat. To help the warriors of Colhen get more accustomed to fighting in a unified force, the Royal Army has dedicated a bounty of prizes for those who battle as a group!

At the noted times below for the next week, meet up with other players to complete the Royal Army Raid: Guardian of the West Battle Quest. The more times players across all servers complete it, the greater the rewards, potentially including a Lubber's Sketchy Coupon for all participants!
code:
Event Name	Royal Army Raid Event
Event Start	Wednesday, May 4th, 2016
Event End	Tuesday, May 10th, 2016
Event Times	
West Server: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM PDT (UTC -7)
East Server: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT (UTC -4)
Australian Server: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM AEST (UTC +10)
Details	
Between the noted times, complete the Royal Army Raid: Guardian of the West battle quest
This Battle Quest can be found by selecting "Unknown Area" on the Season 1 Battle Quest maps
Failed attempts will not count towards the completion total
When the event ends, all players that completed the raid at least once will be rewarded based on the number of raids completed by all players across all servers
Rewards	
50 Completed Raids: 7 Day VIP License
100 Completed Raids: 2x Premium Bath Soap
Provides the following Hot Springs buff: For 120 minutes +1000 ATT/M.ATT, +1000 DEF, +500 Max HP, +50 Max STA, +3 SP / 10 seconds
150 Completed Raids: 1x Lubber's Sketchy Coupon
Increases Quality of an equipment item up to 5 Stars
Coupon expires 30 days after being rewarded, effect is permanent once used
Notes	
Rewards will be distributed during the maintenance on Thursday, May 12th
Characters can complete a specific Royal Army Raid a maximum of 3 times per week
Rewards are cumulative; for example, if at least 150 raids are completed, all three tiers of prizes will be awarded
The Lubber's coupon is probably worth it but lol if you think West has a shot at getting it.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Or the EU. Last time when I played channel 1 wasn't even full most of the time so yeah not looking so hot. But on EU things are handled differently anyway and it's super hard to find any info on anything anyway.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I ran it today and it was the laggy mess I remembered but I did 38% damage :getin:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

If you've been collecting Shining Kitty Tickets, you should have enough for another special box. Did you know the game won't stop you from using up a title-granting item even if you already have the title? :shepicide:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I am thinking about spending too much money upgrading my pc again so I can attempt to brute force this poorly optimized garbage into running nicely and then killing myself.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

ArchWizard posted:

People don't want to do 24-man raids because they're the worst ever. How can we fix this?

The Lubber's coupon is probably worth it but lol if you think West has a shot at getting it.

You know we're getting a new 24-man raid soon?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

You know we're getting a new 24-man raid soon?
I heard there will be a 24-man Lakoria raid some day, but I wasn't told it would be soon.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Both of my lubbers did nothing this event was worth it.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

ArchWizard posted:

I heard there will be a 24-man Lakoria raid some day, but I wasn't told it would be soon.

well, soon by nexon standards

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
binow got me into this game, its a lot of fun! general questions for the thread

how tryhardy is the pvp? example, in wow you can casually do arenas for fun, but theres ladders and rankings and if you place top whatever you get rare prizes; is there something like that for vindictus? do they have online tournaments? are there pvp groups within lionheart?

raiding, are the endgame bosses difficult; needing a certain level of coordination, again, similar to hard mode vs normal raids ala wow/ff14? if so, are there set groups within LH or is it just get whoever together and go?

i know there's tons of channels so this probably contributed to why i didn't see a ton of people on, but for the east server how many people typically play, or is that not something that's known?

picked evie because i usually roll casters and its a lot of fun so far, so i think i'll be in it for the long haul

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Rafza posted:

binow got me into this game, its a lot of fun! general questions for the thread

how tryhardy is the pvp? example, in wow you can casually do arenas for fun, but theres ladders and rankings and if you place top whatever you get rare prizes; is there something like that for vindictus? do they have online tournaments? are there pvp groups within lionheart?

raiding, are the endgame bosses difficult; needing a certain level of coordination, again, similar to hard mode vs normal raids ala wow/ff14? if so, are there set groups within LH or is it just get whoever together and go?

i know there's tons of channels so this probably contributed to why i didn't see a ton of people on, but for the east server how many people typically play, or is that not something that's known?

picked evie because i usually roll casters and its a lot of fun so far, so i think i'll be in it for the long haul

PVP is unbalanced garbage and there's basically a few cosmetic things and some useful trinkets that you can get from it, but you can just farm the medals for them in arena with a second account or other people. There's a guild named Siege that does PVP pretty frequently on East.

Outside of a couple of raids, high level raids don't really require coordination between people, but they are difficult because you have to learn their attack patterns and how your character deals with them. Most of the fight execution gimmicks can be done by one person who knows what they're doing. There's basically 3 tiers of raids: level 60 (season 1), 80 (season 2), and 90 (season 3 and Niflheim). Your gear level kind of dictates just how hard the raids are, but barring having a totally absurd amount of defense and full level 90 gear, all three tiers have bosses that will wreck your poo poo. Season 2 and 3 raids are the main endgame right now, the season 1 raids don't have much in the way of things people actually want now. For the most part raids are just grab some dudes and go. It's very rare for raids to fail in this game, especially with the self revival cash items (which are frequently given away, I've got like 150 each of the personal and party ones and I've never bought one). A good enough player with adequate gear can basically solo any raid in the game.

I'm assuming you're familiar with wow so you can say the raids are more like Onyxia than anything else. You go in and fight a boss, a few of them have a little bit of trash but raids are basically just single 6-8 man boss battles. Lion Heart has a number of people who host raids, and you can host your own raids as well if you've got a good internet connection and a good CPU.

If you're in a low # channel you'll probably see a bunch of people. Lion Heart crew sticks to channel 40. Evie owns I should play my Stevie more. Also hit up Holodeck if you're on East and want help/a guild.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Bakalakadaka posted:

PVP is unbalanced garbage and there's basically a few cosmetic things and some useful trinkets that you can get from it, but you can just farm the medals for them in arena with a second account or other people. There's a guild named Siege that does PVP pretty frequently on East.

Outside of a couple of raids, high level raids don't really require coordination between people, but they are difficult because you have to learn their attack patterns and how your character deals with them. Most of the fight execution gimmicks can be done by one person who knows what they're doing. There's basically 3 tiers of raids: level 60 (season 1), 80 (season 2), and 90 (season 3 and Niflheim). Your gear level kind of dictates just how hard the raids are, but barring having a totally absurd amount of defense and full level 90 gear, all three tiers have bosses that will wreck your poo poo. Season 2 and 3 raids are the main endgame right now, the season 1 raids don't have much in the way of things people actually want now. For the most part raids are just grab some dudes and go. It's very rare for raids to fail in this game, especially with the self revival cash items (which are frequently given away, I've got like 150 each of the personal and party ones and I've never bought one). A good enough player with adequate gear can basically solo any raid in the game.

I'm assuming you're familiar with wow so you can say the raids are more like Onyxia than anything else. You go in and fight a boss, a few of them have a little bit of trash but raids are basically just single 6-8 man boss battles. Lion Heart has a number of people who host raids, and you can host your own raids as well if you've got a good internet connection and a good CPU.

If you're in a low # channel you'll probably see a bunch of people. Lion Heart crew sticks to channel 40. Evie owns I should play my Stevie more. Also hit up Holodeck if you're on East and want help/a guild.

cool thanks

even if pvp is unbalanced garbage (ff14 was like that, for example) i'd still probably want to give it a spin, and raiding looks fun. is there any kind of ladder system though? i tried googling it and it just redirects me to info about dragon nest, whatever that is

i'll be on this afternoon so i'll be sure to hit you up!

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Rafza posted:

cool thanks

even if pvp is unbalanced garbage (ff14 was like that, for example) i'd still probably want to give it a spin, and raiding looks fun. is there any kind of ladder system though? i tried googling it and it just redirects me to info about dragon nest, whatever that is

i'll be on this afternoon so i'll be sure to hit you up!

I don't think there's any real ranking system, although your character sheet will track your arena wins and your duel win/loss ratio (duels can be done within battles so they are extra dumb). FORTUNATELY they don't gently caress with the main game of monster slaying for the sake of PVP balance, practically every ability works differently in PVP and stats get weird. You probably won't be able to reasonably PVP until the level cap, since that's where all the people who bother with it will be. If you want to know more about PVP from someone who doesn't think it's the dumbest poo poo in this game, I can refer you to a friend in Siege who might paint it in a positive light :v:

Raiding is the real game and it owns bones. I like to describe the combat in this game as some kind of combination of Monster Hunter (fighting big things and sometimes knocking off bits of them), Dynasty Warriors (wasting mooks), and Platinum's games (super fast paced and precise combat). And all that is wrapped up in some really dumb standard Korean MMO poo poo but its still good.

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 15:47 on May 20, 2016

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Bakalakadaka posted:

I don't think there's any real ranking system, although your character sheet will track your arena wins and your duel win/loss ratio (duels can be done within battles so they are extra dumb). FORTUNATELY they don't gently caress with the main game of monster slaying for the sake of PVP balance, practically every ability works differently in PVP and stats get weird. You probably won't be able to reasonably PVP until the level cap, since that's where all the people who bother with it will be. If you want to know more about PVP from someone who doesn't think it's the dumbest poo poo in this game, I can refer you to a friend in Siege who might paint it in a positive light :v:

Raiding is the real game and it owns bones. I like to describe the combat in this game as some kind of combination of Monster Hunter (fighting big things and sometimes knocking off bits of them), Dynasty Warriors (wasting mooks), and Platinum's games (super fast paced and precise combat). And all that is wrapped up in some really dumb standard Korean MMO poo poo but its still good.

sounds like extremely my poo poo, thanks

yeah i'd like to talk to the dude in siege at some point but it can wait until i hit 90

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

If you gave one of your pets a terrible name, you can get a free name change coupon.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I'm on vacation and phoneposting so no link, but the Lochlann update is coming soon. Since there are now boss drop outfits for all four armor types, upcoming raid bosses are apparently going to drop essences for accessories. Accessenceories. The next boss will drop an essence needed to make earrings. Those of us who are still wearing shield badges and sarghamiu's nose ring will get a good upgrade. If you're wearing black pearl earrings then maybe it'll be worth it I dunno.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

I'm on vacation and phoneposting so no link, but the Lochlann update is coming soon. Since there are now boss drop outfits for all four armor types, upcoming raid bosses are apparently going to drop essences for accessories. Accessenceories. The next boss will drop an essence needed to make earrings. Those of us who are still wearing shield badges and sarghamiu's nose ring will get a good upgrade. If you're wearing black pearl earrings then maybe it'll be worth it I dunno.

They come with 1 crit so yes they are worth it.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

They come with 1 crit so yes they are worth it.

Yep.

Also apparently we're getting a new launcher? Or Nexon Europe is coming on ours. The EU post (http://en.vindictus.nexoneu.com/NXEU.aspx?BoardIDX=3527&PART=/News/Notice&nxid=15) isn't clear.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Doesn't surprise me EU is loving dead.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Lochlann is coming out tomorrow. A GM is going to stream a preview at 5 PM Pacific time today.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Lochlann is here today.

First, The actual update page:

quote:

The war against the Fomors has shifted to the offensive. As the Royal Army leads the charge against the Fomor horde and pushes into territory long lost to humanity, the path ahead grows darker, more bizarre, more... wrong. The next chapter in the story of Vindictus has arrived with the Lochlann: Plains of Corruption update!

Welcome to Lochlann...

Long ago, Lochlann was a thriving town, filled with humans on an expansive plain. Then the Fomors came, driving the humans out of their homes. But now, ever since the Fomors took claim over Lochlann, something else has taken hold, corrupting the very earth and spawning creatures not meant for this world.

While some have their own theories about the corruption that has taken hold on the Lochlann Plains, the truth may only be found with hard work, an open mind... and a lot of luck. Those who have completed the story through Lugh Lamhfada should report to Marrec in Colhen to restart the story!

New Raid: Infected Eochaid

Deep below the plains of Lochlann lies a monstrous beast, Eochaid. Over a dozen meters tall, it was a fearsome opponent long before the seeping corruption that has befallen Lochlann entered his nest... but now it has been transformed into something else entirely.

Face off against the Infected Eochaid in Vindictus' newest Raid Battle. The powerful strikes from this beast would be enough to fell even the strongest warrior, but the corruption has infused it with terrible new power. With this newfound power, it moves effortlessly obliterating foes with powerful magic and summoning minions to spread the corruption further. Only a coordinated team of mercenaries can hope to evade his strikes and disable his powers long enough to slip in a finishing blow.

Those that manage to slay the beast may claim Eochaid's Essence, a rare and mysterious substance connected to the corruption itself. Brynn in Colhen remains his inventive self, however, and will be able to transform this essence into one of two new powerful earrings, Innocent Cry and Innocent Tear.
The Innocent Tear is the +Int earring and the Innocent Cry is the +Str earring.

quote:

Enchant Scrolls in the Marketplace

With the Lochlann: Plains of Corruption update, we've lifted the restriction on selling non-Permanent Enchant Scrolls on the Marketplace! Instead of throwing a rare but unwanted scroll at the nearest vendor for a paltry sum, you're now able to list them on the Marketplace and find the scroll a good home. The scrolls will still expire once purchased, so make sure you use it promptly!
:holymoley:
We can finally buy and sell enchant scrolls without interacting with other people. I wonder how many man-hours went into overhauling the market code to make that possible.

quote:

Additional Changes

Bug Fixes:

Fixed issue with the Soap buff indicator not appearing over Hot Springs
Fixed issue where players were unable to use NX Credit to purchase character slots
Fixed an issue where players were unable to replace components in S3 equipment and weapons if the item was crafted by a player whose name begins with a double digit number
Known Issues:
Enchant scrolls in the Event Exchange Shop preview as tradeable when moused-over
None of these fixes are important to me, though I'm sure people will be glad for the character slot fix once Delia comes out.

The Clover event is back loving crap poo poo hell drat crap:

quote:

As you venture out into Lochlann's corrupted fields and beyond, you're going to need all the backup you can find. An experienced warrior at your side, a powerful spell enchanting your blade and... the finest earrings glinting in the starlight. Three events arrive for the month of June, here to help you grow stronger as the story of Lochlann unfolds.

Returning Veteran Event

As we enter a new land with a host of new threats, we want as many of our old friends to return to the world of Vindictus. Anyone who hasn't logged into Vindictus for the last 30 days will gain a special Clover Bonus to get them back into the fight!

Players with this Clover Bonus will enjoy bonus Battle EXP, Battle AP, evil core drops, and a bonus battle Redeployment Coupon! If you’re not a returning warrior, make sure to look for boats with a Clover when looking at the mission board to receive bonuses and collect coupons for yourself when you complete a battle with them.

Redeployment Coupons can be used in the Return Shop when talking to the Travelers in the Colhen Inn or the Rocheste Dormitory. Cash Shop items included are Dye Ampoules, Blessing Stones, Goddess Graces, VIP/VVIP services, and the exclusive Tin-Can Robot outfitter for males or the Aurora Princess Set for females. These outfits are exclusive to the Return Shop, so make sure you help out your fellow returning warriors and collect those coupons!

code:
Event Name	Returning Veterans Event
Event Start	Wednesday, June 1st, 2016 (End of Maintenance)
Event End	Wednesday, July 27th, 2016 (Start of Maintenance)
Event Details	
Players that have not logged into Vindictus for 30 days will receive the Clover Bonus, granting:
+50% Battle EXP
+10 Battle AP
Bonus Battle Reward Core
Bonus Battle Redeployment Coupon
All players in the same Battle Quest as a Returning Veteran will receive the Clover Bonus for that quest
Speak to the Strange Traveler in Colhen or Rocheste to exchange your Redeployment Coupons for a variety of rewards
Redeployment Coupon Rewards	
50x Redeployment Coupons: Tin Can Robot Set
50x Redeployment Coupons: Aurora Princess Set
45x Redeployment Coupons: 7 Day VVIP Service (once per character)
40x Redeployment Coupons: Experimental Avatar Dye Ampoule
30x Redeployment Coupons: 7 Day VIP Service (once per character)
30x Redeployment Coupons: Clodagh's Experimental Dye Ampoule
15x Redeployment Coupons: 7 Day Unlimited Inner Armor Pass
15x Redeployment Coupons: 2x Goddess Grace (Party)
10x Redeployment Coupons: 3x Goddess Grace
10x Redeployment Coupons: 7 Day Unlimited Hair Pass
10x Redeployment Coupons: 3x Divine Blessing Stone
5x Redeployment Coupons: 3x EXP Blessing Stone
5x Redeployment Coupons: 3x AP Blessing Stone
5x Redeployment Coupons: 3x Luck Blessing Stone
Note	
Must be a male character to purchase the Tin-Can Robot Set
Must be a female character to purchase the Aurora Princess Set
Now don't get me wrong, I love the clover event. It's just that I was hoping the next clover event wouldn't happen until you-know-who comes out. Because uh, there's only been what, one new character released since the last clover event? And I got the Aurora Princess outfit on all of my characters during the last clover event. Which feels like it happened years ago.

UPDATE: Scratch the hell out of this complaint; the packages are tradeable within accounts. Everything is good. Everything is fine.

quote:

Faint Essence Event

Eochaid's Essence is the key to crafting the newest earrings, but it may not be the easiest material to claim... so maybe a substitution will do. For the first four weeks of Eochaid's release, special Eochaid's Faint Essence can be claimed by defeating Eochaid. Trade five of them into the Essence Shop to claim Eochaid's Essence, the most important material needed for the Innocent Tear and Innocent Cry earrings!
code:
Event Name	Faint Essence Event
Event End	Wednesday, June 29th, 2016 (Start of Maintenance)
Event Details	
In addition to Eochaid's normal drops, Eochaid's Faint Essence may also be looted
Trade 5 Eochaid's Faint Essence into the Exchange Shop for one Eochaid's Essence
Eochaid's Faint Essence can be traded to other players
Enchant Exchange Shop Event

Getting the right enchant for your equipment is one of the keys to success in Vindictus, but it's always been a bit tricky to find the ones you need. For the next six weeks we're going to make it a whole lot easier by putting dozens of Enchants into the Exchange Shop, including plenty of top tier Enchants!

By completing certain Raid Battle you complete, you'll earn a coupon that can be traded in for the specific Enchant you want. The more powerful the Enchant, the more Coupons needed to obtain it, so make your purchases wisely. You'll have until July 14th to claim your Enchants, so get a move on!

code:
Event Name	Enchant Exchange Shop Event
Event End	Thursday, July 14th, 2016 (Start of Maintenance)
Event Details	
Complete certain Raid Battle to claim a Forbidden Ancient Coin
Can earn a maximum of 20 Forbidden Ancient Coins per day
Go to the Exchange Shop and exchange coins for a specific enchant scroll

{loving hell I'm not copy-pasting the long-rear end list here. Go to the event page if you want to know the deets.}
First, there was "we're going to put a stop to pay2win." Now we have "we're going to put a stop to RNG bullshit (at least for a little while)." Get the earring you want with some hard work. Get the enchant scroll you want with some hard work.

UPDATE: Turns out the Broken Essence is almost as rare as the actual Eochaid Essence. I've run the raid a couple dozen times and have 3/5 broken essences :argh:

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 9, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Holy poo poo we get 6 weeks to farm enchants? I see a whole lot of dual boxing in my future.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Thoughts on the update:
  • Lochlann is confusing. The second map is a teleporter maze why
  • Lochlann mobs and bosses are a joke compared to elves... until you reach Pestis. Yikes at that guy.
  • Hell yes you can wrassle the zombies
  • So much talking
  • Blawynn: Knight more like KNERRRRRD
  • gently caress you Brynn I am not taking a detour to Misty Summit you're a prick
  • Not the hounds JESUS NO NOT THE HOUNDS
  • Eochaid's not hard unless you're trying to get the breakoff. Then he's ridiculous. Also: Eochaid is a corrupted Lionotus? Dang, Season 3 is all about fighting remixed S1 bosses, isn't it? When are we fighting uncorrupted Ingkells?
  • Who the heck is Lechaud? He reminds me of Dauna/Lugh and he's dressed like Cichol and that makes me worry
  • The Eochaid breakoff is heinous and I hate it
  • Innocent earrings not only require an Eochaid Essence, but two ORANGE smooth legendary shards

About the Eochaid breakoff: If you want some idea of how to do it, you can watch this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck2Sjs7Crhg
As usual, Karoks make everything better.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 3, 2016

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Titles obtained by doing stuff and/or things in Lochlann Plains. Is it possible to escape Pestis? I think the game says to mash E but that's never worked for me or anyone I've asked about it.

UPDATE: I checked the forums and found a thread about the issue. Someone said mashing E 25-35 works and, well, I didn't count but it feels like that many presses. I'm currently 9/25 of the way to getting the title.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jun 7, 2016

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Delia is coming out July 14. I don't know if that gives me enough time to recover from burnout.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Oh good she's coming when the enchant farming event ends.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
What is the new characters play style besides just using a greatsword?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

BexGu posted:

What is the new characters play style besides just using a greatsword?
It's a bastard sword, not a greatsword, which means she can't equip Hurk's weapons. As for how she plays, the consensus seems to be that she's a slower, weaker Hurk who has a bit more survivability because she can block attacks Fiona-style.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The Jump Event is back in a form that is okay I guess?

quote:

You've beaten your way through Seasons 1 and 2, slain countless foes, fought through dungeons one after another and laid low monsters that were a few hundred tons heavier than you. You’ve proven your skill, and as you look to try out one of Vindictus' other characters, the Jump to 75 Event is here to help you bring your newest mercenary up to form in no time at all!

Everyone with a Level 75 or higher character can claim a special Lv. 75 Jumping Package from the Strange Traveler. This package, when sent to a low-level character, contains a potion that will immediately set that character's level to 75, skips them past Season 1 and 2 in their entirety and rewards some powerful items to help them start Season 3 in style and armed to the teeth!
So you get this package and you mail it to some other character who's below 75 and they go to 75 and get rad cool gear. Then comes the Matryoshka boxes: Each box contains stuff (which I assume is tradeable because they'd mention it if it weren't) and a slightly higher-level box and this continues until you reach 90. Also, Delia will not be allowed to use the box for some reason. Which is arguably for the best because holy moly can you imagine doing Lord Glas in a party of eight Delias who don't know how to play their character? Pure agony.

The big question: Is it worth using my free bonus slot to make a character that I can power level to 90 for free accessories?

Of significantly lesser interest is the Orchid Fauna Chest event, wherein Nexon sells you a box that might contain an outfit. I don't normally mention cash shop events but I have to bring it up to ask: At what point during the sale event are you supposed to get the lowest price on outfits from the marketplace? The middle? Near the end? Because I suspect having a bunny babe outfit on hand will pay off some day.

UPDATE: I totally forgot to mention an important thing. Did you notice the new equipment slot that came with the Lochlann Plains update? It's for tails. Tails come in the Orchid Fauna Chest. Sometimes. They're not cheap.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 22, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Oh good my dual boxing ways will come in handy here :getin:

Welp I guess I have to level 2 characters!

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

It's time to start asking ourselves the big question: Are we going to make a new thread for Delia? Or should we wait for the next Lochlann update since it's kind of a big deal and adds a fourth town? Has anyone finally come up with a good thread title?