Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Someone make a third guild "Plo Goon". Fill with goon stragglers and top up with pubbies.

First two guilds are full 50/50

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

xyigx posted:

Woo Reddit is super salty about guild reward tiers.

Well, they kind of have a point. The raid should be all about cooperation, not competition.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Best squad for today's savage challenge I've found is asajj/jc/barriss/dooku/daka

Mr. Neutron posted:

Well, they kind of have a point. The raid should be all about cooperation, not competition.

The whole point of guilds is to pit people against each other to drive IAP. That's the common element for all high revenue freemium games.

so edgy i cut YOU BITCH
Apr 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

cowofwar posted:

Best squad for today's savage challenge I've found is asajj/jc/barriss/dooku/daka

Phasma(L)/Daka/Dooku/JC/Poggle lets me auto through it with no issues

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Haha wow, the swgalaxyofheroes subreddit is a pool of tears.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Created the Goongan Grand Army, inviting all stragglers from the spreadsheet

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Also some dumbass hosed up the spreadsheet formatting by sorting on the rank row.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Slightly Toasted posted:

was gonna make a new guild for the overflow but apparently outer rim job fair is too profane and that's all I've got before work

Outer Rim Jabba's Palace

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Added as many stragglers as it would let me, I'll look it over after work or lunch or something to see which allies I can drop to populate this poo poo faster

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

cowofwar posted:

Also some dumbass hosed up the spreadsheet formatting by sorting on the rank row.

Yeah, according to the sheet, we were full on QGJ yesterday and now there's like 20 members on the sheet. I think there are more members in the actual guild.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 26, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Jenny Angel posted:

It kinda owns that despite most of the posts in this thread before the guild update being variants of "gently caress this stupid game", we have enough goons playing that we're now considering making a third guild. We can be miserable... together
Honestly though... it's chat, a weekly raid, a few characters (always nice) and... the rest of guilds is just doing stuff you used to do every day but with more awkward timing.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Can someone in QGJ go guilds-> manage and then update the spreadsheet to mark those who are currently guildless as QGJ so the third guild can grab the rest?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

Honestly though... it's chat, a weekly raid, a few characters (always nice) and... the rest of guilds is just doing stuff you used to do every day but with more awkward timing.

It's gonna be sweet full clearing 2 Galactic Wars between the hours of 10:30PM and 1:00AM

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

It's gonna be sweet full clearing 2 Galactic Wars between the hours of 10:30PM and 1:00AM
It's sufficient to do 1 in that time, restart, and 2 more before the next 10:30pm

but yeah. At least that's the only task whales don't have locked up

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

It's sufficient to do 1 in that time, restart, and 2 more before the next 10:30pm

Word.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I cleared up to the last node. Will see if the awards are for completion of GW or completion of GW nodes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I just purged my friends list and added a bunch of IGD goons.

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
So uh...fourth guild or is there a third straggler guild still filling?

Either way, can I get an invite? 927-572-744

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Malgrin posted:

I haven't kicked anyone out of IGD, including lower level people. I did read about some people being dropped from guilds, so, I'll put this under weird stuff happens when Capital Games does anything new.

I need a few people to attach their SA name to their in game name (you weren't in the spreadsheet so I added you)

In game name:
Lazer Glutes
Lokitech
Domme
PyronixEx
Old Man Willoughby

I also have some pending invites - these people I couldn't find in the spreadsheet. Let me know if this is you:
DeadLife
Rung
Piwent
Mike WIlliams

If any of these people don't show up, there'll be a couple extra spots in IGD.

e: Lazer and Old Man accounted for.

I'm PyronicEX, i thought it was kind of obvious, it was Radlo Karn but i changed it after joining the guild because I'm a lot more likely to be recognized like this than with a silly starwars name.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Almost done Biggs and Resistance Pilot.

Any value in Teebo, Dathcha, nightsister initiate, tusken raider, magmatrooper? Or should I just stockpile GW tokens?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I have a 7* GVIII Nightsister Initiate but I also am dumb enough to want to run a Nightsister team so

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Slightly Toasted posted:

Created the Goongan Grand Army, inviting all stragglers from the spreadsheet

I'm in, thanks

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
I added myself to the spreadsheet and would love an invite from any open goon guild. My ally code is: 131-545-184

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

It looks like the Guild Raids are where the important gear is now but it really sucks that I need to get a bunch of purple disc thingies so I can get my Sid and Daka to purple status except I've reached a point where it's hard for me to beat the stages I need to farm for those items because my Sid and Daka aren't good enough to carry me, yet. Thank god I got Lumi over the hump right before all the changes.

Big thanks to all my new goon allies and you're high ranking well-geared QGJ's that I can now borrow.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

cowofwar posted:

Any value in Teebo, Dathcha, nightsister initiate, tusken raider, magmatrooper? Or should I just stockpile GW tokens?

I don't see any use in stockpiling GW tokens, since you can pretty much only spend 1200 a day anyway. Convert 'em to shard currency and pick up the occasional hard mode character or vader.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
What is the significance of the guild activity tiers? Like why break it up and not be linear?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

cowofwar posted:

What is the significance of the guild activity tiers? Like why break it up and not be linear?

each completed tier increases the amount of guild currency each participant gets. It's strictly guild currency. guild bank coins come from that "spend energy" daily activity. The people who spend more energy on guild tasks get more coins, but proportionally it doesn't seem too bad for people who are minimal contributors, someone in the bottom 10 gets 2/3 of what the top contributor got. The reason it's tier's is to presumably encourage people to push for the next tier.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Pyronic posted:

I'm PyronicEX, i thought it was kind of obvious, it was Radlo Karn but i changed it after joining the guild because I'm a lot more likely to be recognized like this than with a silly starwars name.

Thanks. That just leaves one.

Last Call for Domme. You have 30 minutes.

cowofwar posted:

Teebo Turns the tank challenge into a breeze. Also, if at some point you want to get Chirpa and Ewok Elder, the three of them have an absurd amount of synergy.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 26, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

cowofwar posted:

If rancor isn't immune to dispel, having one of teebo mace plo or ventress will be aces for raids. The shard pack makes me think he isn't immune. Mace might be optimal for damage but if turn meter reduction delays the berserk timer, it's teebo supremacy.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I have ewok elder, ewok scout and teebo already, chirpa is 48/50. Maybe i'll shard up teebo.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

I have ewok elder, ewok scout and teebo already, chirpa is 48/50. Maybe i'll shard up teebo.

He's my "I don't have anything else to spend GW tokens on" hero. But seriously, level him up to 60, max his basic, stealth ability, and leader, and Mace won't get a single turn. Ever. It's amazing. You really just need Teebo and RG.

Also, Magmatrooper I guess has some cool turn meter reduction stuff. Tusken Raider has an assist, so all it would take would be for Shaman to become farmable, and then if they released one more farmable Tusken, he (and Urrrorororororor) could suddenly become quite good.

I don't consider saving GW tokens worthwhile. Unless you want to have bluestacks on your computer running all night, you're going to only get 3 turn ins per day, so they'd have to add more than one hero at a time for saving up to really do anything for you (assuming you clear GW daily).

Alternatively, start using those 15 GW shards per day to make 1.5 GG shards per day. There are worse things you can spend your time on in this game (Ugnaught comes to mind).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 26, 2016

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

What does this mean? Is it a chance for one of these things or do you get all five things?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Twigand Berries posted:

What does this mean? Is it a chance for one of these things or do you get all five things?

You get all 5.

edit: Also :lol: you've spent 200 dollars on this loving game.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Twigand Berries posted:

You'll get five drops and it's either poo poo -or- not poo poo? Or you have a chance at five drops that are poo poo -or- not poo poo!

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

You get all 5.

edit: Also :lol: you've spent 200 dollars on this loving game.

$200???

E: ah this is a whale only pack...lol

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Twigand Berries posted:

you will get 4 shards of tusken shaman and 5 of urororor or raider, plus the training droids, credits, and materials. There's a ~small~ chance you'll get a whole shaman instead of shards.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

you will get 4 shards of tusken shaman and 5 of urororor or raider, plus the training droids, credits, and materials. There's a ~small~ chance you'll get a whole shaman instead of shards.

Last time there was a whale pack, whales estimated it at 1/10 to 1/20 per hero instead of shards.

e: Bye Domme. We never knew you.

There is one spot open in IGD. Send an invite to me (see spreadsheet), then you should be able to apply. I will only add those who are in the spreadsheet.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 26, 2016

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

kaschei posted:

If rancor isn't immune to dispel, having one of teebo mace plo or ventress will be aces for raids. The shard pack makes me think he isn't immune. Mace might be optimal for damage but if turn meter reduction delays the berserk timer, it's teebo supremacy.

The new whale only goonosean tank dispels with his basic, and it heals him when he does. That would be some heavy duty anti-rancor if it worked, which is probably why he is the pay wall tank, and the free tank just passes out dots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Man some of you have spent close to or over 1000 light side energy for this guild task and I commend you.

Also what a drat cock tease to have Rey shards in the guild shop on the first day before you can get enough money to actually buy them.

• Locked thread