Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
http://i.imgur.com/Hu2mPDe.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

the only way I can imagine it would be any more bearable is to fart them while also wearing the covenant item

the auto-invade covenants are hosed. Isn't there something about them in the new patch notes though?

e: I meant "farm them" but what I actually posted owns too so I'm not going to edit it

No, nothing about them in the patch notes. The covenant bug there was apparently about things like how you get a Sunlight Medal when a sunbro helps you kill a boss.

Is there anyone other than me in this thread who's actually getting summoned as a Darkmoon? I got summoned six times total last night and I only played for about an hour and a half.

Apparently the Aldrich covenant gets summoned much more easily than the Watchdogs, too, and I can't possibly understand why they would work differently.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Your Computer posted:

If anyone else is having trouble with the Lothric Castle dragons and would like some better tips than "just run lol", I think I finally figured out how they work. They breathe fire based on their vision, but their vision isn't like most enemies in the game. You'll notice they swing their heads around a lot, and the trick is that they won't see you while they're swinging their head.

Once you've dropped down from the bridge and ran around the side path, go up against this wall and wait for the dragon to start swinging its head, then run. If you run while it's head is down/not swinging it will immediately see you as soon as you get to the top of the stairs and you won't make it halfway across the courtyard before getting roasted (the problem I was having).

I knew there had to be a trick to it, and by doing this you'll get through 100% of the time without taking any fire damage.

You can use this technique to skip the whole falling and running left business in the first place. They can't start breathing fire while doing their animation while they exhale smoke, so if you start running just as they start that, you can get over the bridge and slip in the right side right off the bat.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

CJacobs posted:

*someone posts a video on what poise does and how its current implementation into the game is wholly intentional*

NO BUT IT'S BROKEN I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT BECAUSE SOMEONE TOOK THE GAME APART!!
That video shows poise doing virtually nothing, and could just as soon be the result of network latency causing strange results in the ONE example poise seemed to do anything at all.

You may be right, but that video isn't really a good demonstration.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Harrow posted:

Is there anyone other than me in this thread who's actually getting summoned as a Darkmoon? I got summoned six times total last night and I only played for about an hour and a half.

Even I get nothing. I changed my level and reinforcement to match yours.

Then again, I didn't ask area.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

thrown right in the toilet where he belongs

(apologies if that's you)

e: hey that patch that was announced yesterday--is it out yet?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

TheQat posted:

thrown right in the toilet where he belongs

(apologies if that's you)

I found it somewhere else, no idea who that is.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

Even I get nothing. I changed my level and reinforcement to match yours.

Then again, I didn't ask area.

Irithyll, for me, but I've been summoned from Irithyll into another area before. Only once or twice, though. Usually I get summoned in the same area I'm in. One time I got summoned to help someone who I'm pretty sure was in Smouldering Lake while I was standing outside AL, for example.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Babe Magnet posted:

hi cjacobs how are you doing i hope you're feeling well today

Feeling like a real autistic dick today, thanks for asking

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?

Jade Mage posted:

I think it's interesting to note it's not just poise on armor that's busted, but actual absorption. My full black knight set still can't take a punch from anything without gimping me insanely.

It's not.

Your 'Defense' amount is a flat damage reduction. It goes up a little bit with every level up, most stats will skew it a little. Str gives slightly more physical defense, Vitality gives significantly more physical defense, Int gives more magic defense. If you are not wearing armor on a piece of your body, your defense drops a lot, but even the shittiest armor counts.

Your 'absorption' amount, which comes from armor, reduces damage by its percentage, after the defense is subtracted. If you are hit by a multi-type infused weapon, each damage type gets checked against its defense and absorption.

[Damage - Defense] * [100-absp/100] = hurts that much.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Pablo Gigante posted:

Some bosses are tough like that, I'm assuming you're on Champion Gundyr

yeah, once embererd i was able to survive the kick + follow up that i wasn't able to dodge out of if i got hit by the kick. most of my problems are foolishly trying to charge an attack since it does so much damage to bosses

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Is there a place where you can buy Lloyds Talismans so that I can farm the mimics for a head

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Harrow posted:

Irithyll, for me, but I've been summoned from Irithyll into another area before. Only once or twice, though. Usually I get summoned in the same area I'm in. One time I got summoned to help someone who I'm pretty sure was in Smouldering Lake while I was standing outside AL, for example.

Yeah, I once got called into Cathedral of the Deep while nowhere near it. Was surprised.

Hm. I'll try again.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Combed the dungeon agan, and I'm still finding a few locked doors, no pcs, and I have yet to find a path to the giant's feet. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

This rear end in a top hat did the same thing to me last night, except I survived the grab and thought I was in the clear :argh:

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

BillmasterCozb posted:

Is there a place where you can buy Lloyds Talismans so that I can farm the mimics for a head

Get the Paladin's Ashes in the woods before Cathedral of the Deep. They're in a little hidden path off to the left being guarded by an NPC.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Feeling like a real autistic dick today, thanks for asking

its okay buddy we all been there

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

StrangeAeon posted:

Combed the dungeon agan, and I'm still finding a few locked doors, no pcs, and I have yet to find a path to the giant's feet. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

if you're in irithyll dungeon, from the bonfire: run straight to the 3-way intersection, a jailer will be in front of you (slightly to the right if you're rushing). kill him and go down the hall to the right, all the way to the end. there's a door you'll need a key for. go out that door and drop down three levels to kill a guy sleeping next to a pillar. dodge crossbow bolts and kill the other two undead in the open. there's a mimic in the next room. go up the stairs in the mimic room and on the right will be a doorway through which you can see the sleeping giant's arm. drop down there, you won't wake him.

i think the key is this one http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Jailbreaker's%20Key

emdash fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 26, 2016

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

I had an auto summon covenant equipped all the time and the only one that ever worked was the Aldricth one, and even that only worked a couple of times. I had to farm rest of the dregs to get the great deep soul (which isn't that good and only works on a single catalyst). I also hate how they made invasions impossible after you kill the area boss and also removed the ascetics so you can't even revive them.

I also wasn't a fan of the massive damage output that almost every drat enemy and boss seems to have. In the previous games you could easily leave VIG below 20 and do fine but here that will just get you killed. You also need to always keep your health above the 80 - 90% mark to make sure the next combo or strong attack doesn't just oneshot you.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

StrangeAeon posted:

The reason you can't unlock all the doors is the keys are only reachable from the next area (Profaned Capital)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

Yeah, I once got called into Cathedral of the Deep while nowhere near it. Was surprised.

Hm. I'll try again.

It definitely seems to favor the area you're in. I never got summoned into Irithyll Dungeon at all, but as soon as I stepped in there last night I got summoned. Same for when I went back to the Catacombs to chat with Anri--I got a Darkmoon summon while I was there. So it's possible to be summoned cross-area but pretty rare in my experience. I was going to guess that maybe that had something to do with why some people never get summoned, but it wouldn't explain the area-specific covenants.

kikkelivelho posted:

I also wasn't a fan of the massive damage output that almost every drat enemy and boss seems to have. In the previous games you could easily leave VIG below 20 and do fine but here that will just get you killed. You also need to always keep your health above the 80 - 90% mark to make sure the next combo or strong attack doesn't just oneshot you.

Meanwhile, in DS3, you should probably leave Vigor at 27 even through NG+ because the gains from 27 to 50 are pretty small compared to the ones you get before 27. 27 Vigor + Ember gives you the same amount of HP as 50 Vigor.

This is a game of glass cannons, apparently. Even Bloodborne made you more durable.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Control Volume posted:

Alternatively: bring a +6 bow and plink away at the first dragon and the second one "dies" at the same time

Spells also work. Did it just last night on my Sorcerer. I shot at the left one - they both died.

Edit: wrong dragon. Also: aim with binocs.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Every single auto summon covenant summons me extremely regularly. *fans self with sword grass and severed ears*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

kikkelivelho posted:

i like the game but it feels like they put far too much of bloodborne into this without the health regain or really quick heal or quickstep

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

every single invasions has had people sliding around in A pose today, a lot worse than usual. Come on guys

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

every single invasions has had people sliding around in A pose today, a lot worse than usual. Come on guys

If it's constant then you should restart the game

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

StrangeAeon posted:

Just keep going. You'll loop back around there later - it's very obvious, you won't miss it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

StringOfLetters posted:

Your 'Defense' amount is a flat damage reduction.

I wish. Testing indicates that it's back to being a weird DS1 scalar based on a multiplier of the incoming attack rating vs. the defense value. In general, absorption is still more important for reducing damage, although you can realistically only get about 38%~ constant reduction or so (with Faraam and Steel Protection + Speckled) without pumping a lot into VIT and looking like another Havel's-wearing idiot. The game's damage values appear to be balanced mostly around a 20% absorption rate, so as long as you're somewhere within that range, you should be fine.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Harrow posted:

It definitely seems to favor the area you're in. I never got summoned into Irithyll Dungeon at all, but as soon as I stepped in there last night I got summoned. Same for when I went back to the Catacombs to chat with Anri--I got a Darkmoon summon while I was there. So it's possible to be summoned cross-area but pretty rare in my experience. I was going to guess that maybe that had something to do with why some people never get summoned, but it wouldn't explain the area-specific covenants.

Meanwhile, in DS3, you should probably leave Vigor at 27 even through NG+ because the gains from 27 to 50 are pretty small compared to the ones you get before 27. 27 Vigor + Ember gives you the same amount of HP as 50 Vigor.

This is a game of glass cannons, apparently. Even Bloodborne made you more durable.

around when does end start to fall off

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

If it's constant then you should restart the game

I did. I don't think its my internet but it might be

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

around when does end start to fall off

Endurance is pretty steady up until 40, at which point it falls off, and by "falls off" I mean it falls right off a cliff.

You get about 2-3 Stamina per point up to 40, and then you get 1 Stamina per like 10 points after 40.

That said, unless you're R1 spamming with an ultra weapon you can probably stop anywhere from 20 to 30 and be fine. Rolling costs less Stamina than in DS1/2 and Stamina regens much more quickly so you don't need 40.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

BillmasterCozb posted:

I just got it last night and idk if you want it. It drains your health REALLY fast, probably 1% per second. Can't remember if it was this fast in past games.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I believe it's around 10 HP/s. You should be able to counteract it with Bountiful Light + Sun Princess' Ring and the occasional sippy.

Cultisto
Oct 18, 2010

When Gozer the Gozarian roams the earth, you have my permission to die.
Fun Shoe
Someone on reddit is claiming that the Untrue White Ring makes your summon sign appear white to others even if you're into making mounds or whatnot, is this real? Seems like an awful/funny way to troll someone if you can show up as an aggressive phantom while the host thinks they're summoning help for a boss fight.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

just do what I do and only equip it right as you're about to kill something you're farming.

Cultisto posted:

Someone on reddit is claiming that the Untrue White Ring makes your summon sign appear white to others even if you're into making mounds or whatnot, is this real? Seems like an awful/funny way to troll someone if you can show up as an aggressive phantom while the host thinks they're summoning help for a boss fight.

It is not real.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cultisto posted:

It doesn't, you sign is always the color of the item you put down regardless of rings. Mound makers can put down red soapstone signs and it'll appear red, but they'll come in as purple, for example. The only exception I know of is getting a purple sign if you use the white soapstone as a mound maker.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Sunbroing immediately outside Vordt:
1 rational player summoned me to fight Vordt (we won easily) + Sunlight Medal!
38 idiots summoned me to fight Dancer (we lost every time because dumbasses who summon 3 SL30 phantoms to fight end-game bosses just make the bosses bigger and tougher)

Sunbroing at the first bonfire in High Wall instead:
18 defeats of Vordt in 20 tries
1 idiot still wanted to go to dancer with me after running the entire level (he died immediately)
about 15 red/purple phantoms murdered

Cultisto
Oct 18, 2010

When Gozer the Gozarian roams the earth, you have my permission to die.
Fun Shoe
Makes sense..although now I kind of want to see it happen. A white sign with subtle purple embers floating up above it.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

+

=

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They are freaky, but they're freaky in that "eeww" way rather than the "gah!" way imo.