Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eh, Watch_Dogs had some cool stuff. Early on playing nonlethally was totally a valid option and it was possible to finish missions entirely through hacking puzzles, sometimes even without going into the building. That fades about midway through the game where everything gets lazier and lazier but the early parts of the game actually have some cool gameplay stuff and you can tell where they ran out of budget/ideas.

The story is complete rear end from start to finish though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

In spite of its unhinged story and a slew of terrible design decisions, the #1 most baffling thing about Watch Dogs is why people care so much about the reflections in the sides of buildings that it always, ALWAYS comes up

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There is a Golden Week sale this week :toot:

None of the deals are live yet.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rirse posted:

There is a Golden Week sale this week :toot:

None of the deals are live yet.

Starting to show for me. Here's some from the first page:

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 (Regular and Deluxe editions) 40% off
Arland Atelier Vita Trilogy 50% off
Nobunaga's Ambition: Shpere of Influence (PS4 or PS3) 50% off
DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours PS4 40% off
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth 40% off
Persona 4 Dancing All Night 40% off
FF Type-0 HD 50% off
Saint Seiya Soldiers' Soul 40% off
Toukiden Kiwami 60% off
Deception IV Nightmare Princess 50% off
Yakuza 5 40% off
Gravity Rush Remastered 40% off
Suikoden 2 and 3 each 70% off

Also a PS+ sale.

The new Hitman has its intro pack, and the full experience, at 10% off. Not the season pass though. :argh:

univbee fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 26, 2016

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

$10 for Omega Quintet

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I had 60 dollars set aside for Golden Week and sadly it did not feature some of the things I was expecting.

I am considering Deception 4 for Vita 19.99 and Alien Isolation Deluxe Edition for 14.79

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tron Bonne is $1.50, along with Mega Man 8 as PS1 classics. Mega Man Legends is $5.99. Suikoden 2 is $2.99.

Suikoden III as a PS2 classic is $2.99

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Suikoden 2 for $3 might be the best deal ever. Never got 3, but I think it's supposed to be good, too.

Too bad they didn't put GGXrd and Blazblue on deep sale again, now that I can actually use my PS3 stick on my PS4 :-(

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Armored Core 1 for a buck fifty, that's really good.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I know there is Stardew Valley on the PC and all, but how is Harvest Moon: Booy & Girl Edition? I mostly ask because I heard playing the girl ends the game if you get married.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

enojy posted:

Suikoden 2 for $3 might be the best deal ever. Never got 3, but I think it's supposed to be good, too.

Too bad they didn't put GGXrd and Blazblue on deep sale again, now that I can actually use my PS3 stick on my PS4 :-(

Suikoden 3 is not a bad game, but it is very old rpg design and the game is VERY SLOW. I can't get over the pacing, dialogue, and combat all being glacial.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

enojy posted:

They probably won't discount Xrd because Revelator is out in about a month. Well technically it's out now but it's like an early access version for tournament organizers.

el3m
Jun 18, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Is that Bayonetta port for ps3 any good? I remember hearing bad things about it when it came out.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

rantAK posted:

Is that Bayonetta port for ps3 any good? I remember hearing bad things about it when it came out.

It's the worst version of the game by far. It's playable but has all kinds of framerate issues. If you have no choice it's a playable version of the game but the Wii U and 360 versions are far superior.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Why is Atelier Escha & Logy on sale, but not Ayesha? Come on, Sony!

e: Is Lost Dimension any good?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

It's the worst version of the game by far. It's playable but has all kinds of framerate issues. If you have no choice it's a playable version of the game but the Wii U and 360 versions are far superior.

Yeah. The load time complains relate to playing the game from disc which was corrected in a patch letting you install the game, but it's a 30fps game at lower res than the other two versions which run at 60fps.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Cybersleuth, Digital Devil Saga and Yakuza 5 all for $52, good sale.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Darius Burst on PS4 is never going to be reasonably priced is it?

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

SpacePig posted:

e: Is Lost Dimension any good?

Do you like Mastermind (the game with the colored pegs)? If so, you will probably enjoy it. I liked it but it was not challenging at all and pretty short.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Armored Core 1 for a buck fifty, that's really good.

As a ps4-only haver seeing all the good stuff I want on everything else bums me out.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
In super PSN gently caress up news, Megatagmention Blanc and Neptune vs Zombies released two weeks early. Its a Senran Kagura clone.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/megatagmension-blanc-neptune-vs-zombies/cid=UP0031-PCSE00832_00-GEKIBLANCNEP0000

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.
There are so many games in the Golden Sale I've never heard of. Any of the super-anime looking titles worth picking up? My anime tolerance caps off at Persona 4, for reference.

ETA: I have Catherine and played Yakuza 1-3 but burned out hard on 3.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

your tolerance caps out at a highschool dating sim and a game about loving a demon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is the original Armored Core a playable game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Billy Gnosis posted:

Darius Burst on PS4 is never going to be reasonably priced is it?

I think the main issue is it still has a high starting price. 40% off is good but when it's 40% off a full retail price of 60 dollars, that's still too much for a shmup. And there's still 2 dlc packs out too.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

was thinking of picking up dariusburst for my vita at that 23 bux price, does anyone have it? I like shmups reasonably enough, haven't played many good ones since Jamestown.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Eldred posted:

There are so many games in the Golden Sale I've never heard of. Any of the super-anime looking titles worth picking up? My anime tolerance caps off at Persona 4, for reference.

ETA: I have Catherine and played Yakuza 1-3 but burned out hard on 3.

Atelier Escha and Logy is the good kind of anime. The trilogy for sale is moe.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004

Davincie posted:

your tolerance caps out at a highschool dating sim and a game about loving a demon

Persona 4 was a pretty big hit and I haven't played Catherine. Thanks for the shitpost, though

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Sakurazuka posted:

More so than Knack?

Am I the only one who actually liked Knack?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Eldred posted:

Persona 4 was a pretty big hit

Okay, but how is that in any way related to the fact that it's a Japanese highschool dating sim?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Luminaflare posted:

I thought it was cute and fine.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be honest the "high school dating sim" line has gotten kind of tiring. Persona 4 exists. It is not a dating sim. You can, in fact, go through the entire game including all the character's storylines without it becoming a romantic thing. It's a game set in high school (which is pretty anime) but it is entirely possible for someone to enjoy it without descending into the ironic-unironic-ironic arguing about waifus.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The perfect descriptor for Persona 4 is that it's Anime Scooby Doo: The RPG.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Well, the core of P4 is basically an anime social sim with optional dating and an RPG diversion.

Motto fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 26, 2016

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

In Training posted:

Is the original Armored Core a playable game.
If you fail the game enough times and get many Human+ upgrades, then it is, up until the final boss which requires fast aiming at a rapidly dashing target in tight quarters while it shoots you up. It's like playing Quake 3 with just the keyboard.

AC didn't get adequate dual stick controls until Nexus. Then From started speeding the action up to make good controls inadequate enough for their liking.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Luminaflare posted:

Dunno, there was that one single guy in the world who was excited Knack sold more then Super Mario 3D World for a week to make a animated gif.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004

Motto posted:

Well, the core of P4 is basically an anime social sim with optional dating and an RPG diversion.

I don't know about that, since the RPG portion drives the narrative much more than the social links do. If you wanted you could complete the game while completely skipping the social links, outside of the mandatory investigation segments. I mostly did them to improve Persona fusions and party members.

Regardless: hidden gems in the sale?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I bought Cyber Sleuth for $35 because gently caress it why not, I need another RPG to sink into.

Also everyone should buy Suikoden 2 and 3. 2 because it's one of the best RPGs ever made, and 3 because it's pretty good and $3, and buying both will hopefully lead them to finally get 4 and 5 on PSN. :argh:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Why would you want to play 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

CVagts posted:

I bought Cyber Sleuth for $35 because gently caress it why not, I need another RPG to sink into.

Also everyone should buy Suikoden 2 and 3. 2 because it's one of the best RPGs ever made, and 3 because it's pretty good and $3, and buying both will hopefully lead them to finally get 4 and 5 on PSN. :argh:

What combo of things do I have to buy to make them release 5 before 4? No one needs 4.

• Locked thread