Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Protodude posted:

There was an extra chapter recently that no one's translated as far as I know. Maybe that took up a bunch of his time.
Looks like a fun chapter. Why no translation?:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The scanlators might not have realised.

Like I say, the momentum seems to have utterly gone from OPM's sails of late. It's not necessarily a dropping behind schedule thing, rather lots of people have stopped giving a gently caress and there's not a lot happening to make people give one.

Compare it to when Metal Bat was fighting Garou for example. OPM was on fire around that time.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The stuff with Metal Bat ruled.

The tournament was a funny idea on paper but hasn't proven to be too entertaining in practice.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It doesn't help that anybody who's read ahead is super excited for what comes next, but we've gotta see this thing through to the end now don't we.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, like I love OPM a bunch and I've enjoyed all of the additions so far but I agree this tournament arc isn't panning out. The pacing isn't helping at all and honestly, I'm just ready for the monster association because it's just so drat good.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Yeah, like I love OPM a bunch and I've enjoyed all of the additions so far but I agree this tournament arc isn't panning out. The pacing isn't helping at all and honestly, I'm just ready for the monster association because it's just so drat good.

The tourney arc trope is something that really benefits from getting it over quickly. So either the writer and artist need to knock the chapters out fast or, since that's not happening with ONE x Murata, you just wait for the chapters to build up then binge it.

There's a reason tourney arcs are notorious.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Wonder if Charanko's gonna end up as a king type character.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

is the ova uploaded yet

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Saitama looks odd with hair

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

is the ova uploaded yet

Here's an English subbed version..

https://vimeo.com/163924195

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Binary Badger posted:

I liked that one.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Binary Badger posted:

https://vimeo.com/163924195

good ep

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ty i forgot to watch the ovas the first time around :coffee:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Genos is my favorite character and I love him, but the joke of him doing the most Main Action Hero Thing at the time, beautifully drawn/animated, only to get wrecked for it will never get old.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i like that he constantly fails at saitama's simple requests and subsequently misinterprets them as immensely difficult tests designed to challenge his idea of what constitutes a trivial task unworthy of his power

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Crossover.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Welp, Tony is hosed.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Dreggon posted:

i like that he constantly fails at saitama's simple requests and subsequently misinterprets them as immensely difficult tests designed to challenge his idea of what constitutes a trivial task unworthy of his power

I like how Saitama probably just wanted him to go to the store around the corner to pick up a little crab meat, and he tried coming back with 10 boxes of live crabs.

Also, the little one probably could have just contained the explosion and saved the train. Seems like a tremendously expensive thing to ruin. Then again, whole cities disappear daily.

Also also, why didn't Genos try to break the engine or something instead of just push it?

To be honest, I didn't really care for this OVA. And I think people who haven't been properly introduced to Fubuki are going to care even less. I don't think she's made much of an appearance in the anime yet, right?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
She showed up enough to pop boners i guess

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Mordaedil posted:

Welp, Tony is hosed.

Saitama wouldn't get involved in their petty squabbles, he's probably running past everyone on the way to a special sale.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Guy A. Person posted:

Saitama wouldn't get involved in their petty squabbles, he's probably running past everyone on the way to a special sale.

Besides, Saitama is already in a hero group that registers the country's heroes, and he completely disregards it and doesn't care. He doesn't really have a horse in the fight from the beginning.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
This OVA is good, and gives animé watchers a good introduction to Best Girl Fubuki and what the deal with her character is, probably doing that better than the manga even

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Guy A. Person posted:

You know Tony is gonna get cocky and try and stop him though.

RIP Tony Stark.
He should have minded his own business.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Not to mention that they've got Forrest Gump on their team.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Is that the new* Bionic Commando to Forrest's right?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Schwarzwald posted:

Is that the new* Bionic Commando to Forrest's right?

Nah that's Winter Soldier

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Was wondering why Genos was even in this OVA aside from a goof and now I feel Genos and Fubuki are sorta similar characters in that they both have someone way more powerful than them in their life, but Genos sees that more as an impressive feat and a goal to reach, and also Saitama is way way cooler than Tatsumaki

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
You take that back. :(

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
:lol:ing at the ED, Speed of Sound Sonic playing air guitar and Licenseless Rider giving the thumbs up :syoon:

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

You just have a thing for women/androids with green hair, admit it. Tatsumaki is more powerful than just about everyone (still haven't seen what Blast can do) but she's such a jerk about it.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 27, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Saitama is very chill and encouraging with his roommate and friend, Genos while Tatsumaki is v. rude.

e: I keep getting weird You've Been Blocked errors whenever I post in only this thread and it's solved by me shortening my posts by a sentence. SA is finally rejecting my bad posts.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Tatsumaki is a huge rear end in a top hat and not a great sister. Hopefully she'll get over that though.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I moreso like the stuck-up, angry, arrogant tsuntsun character of Tatsumaki.

But yes green hair helps, I will not lie.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Shadow0 posted:

Also also, why didn't Genos try to break the engine or something instead of just push it?

Genos is actually not very smart about heroing. :thejoke:

e: Neither is Saitama he's just so OP that his approach actually works

giffan
Jul 10, 2012
The characters were really off-model and poorly animated in that OVA, kinda made me sad.

edit: I enjoy Genos over thinking grocery shopping though

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tatsumaki is perfect and the only person who is better is King.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Tatsumaki is all right.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4PO9wI1K5Y

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hell, I believe him.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Fubuki besto garl

oh yeaahhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

redstormpopcorn posted:

Fubuki besto garl

oh yeaahhh

I picture this bellowed from the pipes of the late Randy Savage and it's perfect :allears: