Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Keep Tirico the gently caress away from SNF unless Al bolts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Robnoxious posted:

Keep Tirico the gently caress away from SNF unless Al bolts.

well Al is 71, and I think has 2 years left. So I could totally see Tirico taking over in 2018

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy shiiiiiiiit

and yeah I could totally see him taking the SNF slot

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Well the article says Tirico is expected to do the new Thursday night games NBC has (probably excluding opening night and Thanksgiving night).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I have to think that they earmarked him as Costas' successor. Otherwise, it wouldn't make much sense for him to jump ESPN after 20+ years for a network where he won't be the obvious top guy for at least a few years.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
So who pairs with Gruden now for MNF? I liked him and Tirico as a pair, I thought they complimented each other nicely

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Thaddius the Large posted:

So who pairs with Gruden now for MNF? I liked him and Tirico as a pair, I thought they complimented each other nicely

Early word is Sean McDonough. He's great on college football but has always kinda been stuck on the B-tier games, so this would be a well-deserved promotion.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Benne posted:

Early word is Sean McDonough. He's great on college football but has always kinda been stuck on the B-tier games, so this would be a well-deserved promotion.

Yeah, just checked N/V after this thread. That works for me, outside of the Stephen A Smith/Skip Bayless comedy answer there weren't really any A squad guys I can think of that I really want calling games regularly.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

Well the article says Tirico is expected to do the new Thursday night games NBC has (probably excluding opening night and Thanksgiving night).
NBC has plenty of properties to put Tirico besides the dog TNF game of the week. With NBC owning The Golf Channel they could very well use him there for the PGA Tour since he does have golf chops having covered the first 2 rounds of The Masters for many years. This is where I most likely see NBC using Mike for in the short term along with The French Open.

I don't see him replacing anyone for Norte Dame FB games but they could, I suppose. I also don't see Tirico being used for NBC/NBCSN NHL games but that isn't out of the realm of possibility either.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 25, 2016

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Torico is bad and boring and a gigantic creep

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

MourningView posted:

Torico is bad and boring and a gigantic creep

I mean, there were sexual harassment stories about him way before people even pretended to care about sexual harassment.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Robnoxious posted:

NBC has plenty of properties to put Tirico besides the dog TNF game of the week. With NBC owning The Golf Channel they could very well use him there for the PGA Tour since he does have golf chops having covered the first 2 rounds of The Masters for many years. This is where I most likely see NBC using Mike for in the short term along with The French Open.

I don't see him replacing anyone for Norte Dame FB games but they could, I suppose. I also don't see Tirico being used for NBC/NBCSN NHL games but that isn't out of the realm of possibility either.

I would guess a primary role in Olympics coverage was part of the draw for him.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/725029893432590336

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

I would guess a primary role in Olympics coverage was part of the draw for him.
Awww poo poo, I totally forgot about the Olympics.

vvv And the bleeding at The Mouse continues! vvv

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/status/725032979408535553

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

whooooooooaaaa :stare:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yesssssss gimme that Bayless/Clay Travis show, burn FS1 to the ground :getin:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

FS1 fired 80% of its staff so it could hire all the ESPN cast offs at big money

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I bet Simmons is mad that he got upstaged in the news cycle that quickly.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Oh good we can quarantine Bayless in the low-ratings Hot Take Zone

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

zakharov posted:

Oh good we can quarantine Bayless in the low-ratings Hot Take Zone

Looking forward to a major TV show that gets a negative number of viewers.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Please god put Kanell on First Take so he can stop ruining Rusillo's show

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

:agreed: I had to stop listening to Rusillo cos I can't stand Kanell. SVP and Rusillo was the best :rip:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Fox is assembling a murderer's row of people I would like to murder in a row

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Toilet Mouth posted:

Poetry.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Is Dixie Carter running Fox Sports 1 now?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Kanell bitching about "The war on football" and PC Culture...just goddamn.

He's the Curt Schilling of football.

Toilet Mouth posted:

I'm a tad bit stunned as to why people keep hiring these assholes. This isn't like someone like John Madden or something where their insight is worth a drat.

No it's just a couple of jerks that love to piss people off.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Peanut President posted:

Is Dixie Carter running Fox Sports 1 now?

Hahahaha goddamn

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

FuzzySkinner posted:

Kanell bitching about "The war on football" and PC Culture...just goddamn.

He's the Curt Schilling of football.

I'm a tad bit stunned as to why people keep hiring these assholes. This isn't like someone like John Madden or something where their insight is worth a drat.

No it's just a couple of jerks that love to piss people off.

First Take did massive ratings with Bayless and Smith. Your Twitter feed is not the world.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

:getin:

Wonder why tho

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

zakharov posted:

First Take did massive ratings with Bayless and Smith. Your Twitter feed is not the world.

Honestly who watches that poo poo? Being serious.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm genuinely curious if only because it's early in the work day.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

zakharov posted:

On the other hand nobody watches FS1 and none of the Hot Take Gurus they hired actually moved the needle in any way so they're basically pissing away money right now.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Benne posted:

On the other hand nobody watches FS1 and none of the Hot Take Gurus they hired actually moved the needle in any way so they're basically pissing away money right now.

Oh yeah, I'm not arguing that this means FS1 will be fine, but the fact is that even though you don't know anyone who watches it, there are plenty of people who like it.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

zakharov posted:

for reals massive or mid-day work week massive

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

DOOP posted:

:getin:

Wonder why tho

Fox has the guy who made First Take what it is plus they're offering a lot more money

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

FuzzySkinner posted:

My 89-year-old grandmother. For multiple hours a day :psyduck:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Jackie D posted:

for reals massive or mid-day work week massive

I mean obviously it was not pulling prime time numbers but it reliably got big ratings relative to the time slot and was an easy way to fill time on the schedule. It is a execrable program but it's been successful for them.

That said Skip Bayless on a Fox network is the most perfect thing that ever happened and like everyone else who has made that jump I imagine most of his audience won't go with him. I assume ESPN will just find someone cheaper to scream intentionally stupid and offensive things at Stephen A for a couple hours a day.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

MourningView posted:

I assume ESPN will just find someone cheaper to scream intentionally stupid and offensive things at Stephen A for a couple hours a day.

Hopefully, it is just a list of Stephen's shittiest quotes over and over again. And he doesn't get to speak. I'd watch that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

stephen a talking to himself on split screen and getting more and more irate