Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

voltron lion force posted:

If there is one thing that bugs me, from a mechanics standpoint, its that the ring effects seem really neutered.
well, Carthus Bloodring is insane at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

DS2 had 3 dlcs didn't it? So it's not unreasonable to assume ds3 will follow that pattern.

Speaking of which, I never played any of the ds2 DLC. Would it be worth going back just to check it out? I don't really feel like I'm going to want to replay 3 in ng+ when I finish it.

Some of the best boss fights of the whole series are in those DLC.

Fume Knight :holy:

Ivory King :slick:

Sinh :sweatdrop:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I hope one of the DLCs involves Maldron and the other DLC is just a long hallway that leads to the bone fist

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

lmao you can smash to stone taurus demon's legs and he's just rooted to the ground like a dumb baby

strength builds are good

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FutonForensic posted:

Sinh :shrug:

Also Alonne :japan:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FutonForensic posted:

Sinh :shrug:

Sinh is a way better fight than either of those other two.

Ivory King is a cool gimmick though, with you going around the level to release the knights to help you.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Spanish Manlove posted:

I hope one DLC deals with unattended graves and the other answers why there are statues to primordial serpents in the archives, what the winged thing in the cage was, and who was the tutor to the prince.

The thing in the cage was Gertrude the Heavenly Daughter, who made contact with the angels (primordial serpents). Gertrude probably gained wings like those fat goldies on the tower above her, or the goldies spilled them when putting her in the cage.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Sinh is a way better fight than either of those other two.

Ivory King is a cool gimmick though, with you going around the level to release the knights to help you.

I like Sinh, I just couldn't find a smilie that properly communicated "this is fine but I personally prefer the other fights more"

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

turtlecrunch posted:

The thing in the cage was Gertrude the Heavenly Daughter, who made contact with the angels (primordial serpents). Gertrude probably gained wings like those fat goldies on the tower above her, or the goldies spilled them when putting her in the cage.

Despite those weird statues, I'm not sure we really have enough evidence to say that the Serpents are one and the same with the Angels. It's possible, but who in their right mind would call Frampt an angel!?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it would be sick if one of the DLCs had a dueling arena and you could look into the arena and see a random fight happening between two of those immaterial ghost phantoms and if you were actually fighting in the arena you could see the immaterial ghosts of players in the stands cheering you on

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
One of the DLCs should be a ten-minute-long run up a sharp incline and when you get to the top Aldia busts out and knocks you over, sending you sliding all the way back to the bottom, and says "Dark Souls 2 was actually good"

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It's possible, but who in their right mind would call Frampt an angel!?

Well, in Gertrude's case, a blind person :v:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Despite those weird statues, I'm not sure we really have enough evidence to say that the Serpents are one and the same with the Angels. It's possible, but who in their right mind would call Frampt an angel!?

They're like angels from the Bible that got that big redo during the Renaissance to resemble Roman cherubs instead of horrible spinning pyramid monsters with five heads and a hundred eyes.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

a large, expansive DLC comprised of improbable elevators and hallways too long for their own good

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Solomonic posted:

One of the DLCs should be a ten-minute-long run up a sharp incline and when you get to the top Aldia busts out and knocks you over, sending you sliding all the way back to the bottom, and says "Dark Souls 2 was actually good"

it's a 10 minute run up a spiral staircase and at the end is a NPC on a ledge you have to talk to and while you're talking to him Maldron runs up and kicks you off the ledge

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I hope that if they do a DLC revolving around the Deep, it's not just another Abyss scenario. Since Deep miracles utilize insects, I really want the Dark Souls take on an insect hell level. A giant hornet's nest with sticky floors, hornet soldiers and a queen for a boss, that leads into a horrible spider's den and culminates in some rotting location full of maggots, worms, giant beetles etc.

Basically, I want that honeycomb level in Donkey Kong Country 2 to be made into a Souls level.

FutonForensic posted:

Well, in Gertrude's case, a blind person :v:

Well, that does make sense then, actually. Although I'd be disappointed if that was the case, I really want the Angels to be something new and weird...actually, I want them to be aliens.

UFO DLC

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Buying the DLC is the only way you can save Greirat in Lothric.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

turtlecrunch posted:

Ah that makes sense as to why the statutes also have wings there.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

turtlecrunch posted:

Buying the DLC is the only way you can save Greirat in Lothric.

that could be literally all the DLC does and I would buy it

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Babe Magnet posted:

it's a 10 minute run up a spiral staircase and at the end is a NPC on a ledge you have to talk to and while you're talking to him Maldron runs up and kicks you off the ledge

The credits roll as Maldron and Patches dance with the Bloodletting Beast

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I hope that if they do a DLC revolving around the Deep, it's not just another Abyss scenario. Since Deep miracles utilize insects, I really want the Dark Souls take on an insect hell level. A giant hornet's nest with sticky floors, hornet soldiers and a queen for a boss, that leads into a horrible spider's den and culminates in some rotting location full of maggots, worms, giant beetles etc.

Basically, I want that honeycomb level in Donkey Kong Country 2 to be made into a Souls level.

What kind of sick bastard are you? :gonk:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Solomonic posted:

The credits roll as Maldron and Patches dance with the Bloodletting Beast

final boss is like the deacons of the deep but it's a bunch of dudes with greatshields and scraping spears

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Yeah, c'mon. No one wants to have to deal with those loving honey jumps again.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Prepare to di...ve into a giant pool of honey.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Final boss is pinwheel.
Dies in 2 hits, drops mother mask.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jump into a lake and fall into Bloodborne, only you kill the Sun Presence at the end.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Final boss is pinwheel.

I was genuinely expecting them to put in a boss fight like the gank squad fight in the Dark Souls 2 DLC, but it's a gank squad of the worst Dark Souls PVP builds. Giantdad, etc

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

jump into a pit and land in the cockpit of an AC

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

CJacobs posted:

I was genuinely expecting them to put in a boss fight like the gank squad fight in the Dark Souls 2 DLC, but it's a gank squad of the worst Dark Souls PVP builds. Giantdad, etc

lucatiel estocs, fallen knight gress crests, abyss watcher dark swords as far as the eye can see...

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Final boss is pinwheel.

Ornstein and Smough inside capra demon's arena. Instead of dogs you have bonewheels.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Babe Magnet posted:

jump into a pit and land in the cockpit of an AC

The bosses are Leo and Patch. :v:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

One of the DLC bosses should be like "Father of Giants" or something and he's just a normal-sized dude in giant armor with the father mask and a fiery Zweihander.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Sif, but next-gen

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Bed of Chaos.
Stages refresh at death.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Ornstein and Smough inside capra demon's arena. Instead of dogs you have bonewheels.

:magical:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Sif was already next gen look at that fur tech

:allears:

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
hey speaking of gimmick builds is Havel in this? I've done all the bosses and went to all the areas but I feel like I must have missed him if he's in the game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Solomonic posted:

hey speaking of gimmick builds is Havel in this? I've done all the bosses and went to all the areas but I feel like I must have missed him if he's in the game.

The man himself can be found in Archdragon Peak. Of course you can get Havel's armor as well just like in DS2, and it says that ALL of Havel's knights wore the same stone armor, so I guess it's not the actual Havel, but it is a Havel.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Solomonic posted:

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Final boss of the final DLC is a gigantic square arena with ropes blocking the edges. Cheering crowds of skeletons

TWO Champion Gundyrs