Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I thought philadelphia was laid out by benjamin franklin to be an orderly grid of sensible boringness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

Because of where I live, I am forced to drive on the the Schuylkill Expressway to work, which is a commute planned by Satan. There is always traffic, so I have to get up early if I want to be at work on time. I figured I'd just walk to my polling place before leaving.

There wasn't even a line at the polling place. I just waltzed in, gave them my name, and voted. Took about 4 minutes, all told.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kj080QCjOg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmoUq3MSyms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57AfpE3OX_c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLDZYrLFX3E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsgWfaHi7gI

Max
Nov 30, 2002

kaschei posted:

I thought philadelphia was laid out by benjamin franklin to be an orderly grid of sensible boringness

It started that way. Then a lot of development happened.

Every city should just go back to the Castra system.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Accurate.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So I had to greatly condense a series of rules for two games so they'd fit on an index card, and I want to make sure that they still make sense to people who don't already know the rules.

Do these make sense? Could you play these games?

quote:

Liar’s Dice

2-6 Players, 5 Dice

Everyone rolls their dice, hiding the result. Each round the caller bids on how many dice in total have a certain face up. Anyone may challenge the caller by saying Liar! Everyone reveals. If there is fewer than the bid the caller discards one die. If it is equal or greater, the challenger discards. If nobody challenges, the person to the left becomes the caller and must bid a higher amount of the same face OR any amount of a higher face. The caller may make a spot on bid for a number of faces. Once made, everyone shows their dice. If the caller is exactly right, everyone else loses one die, if they are wrong they lose two dice. Each round the person to the left of the last caller becomes the new caller. The game is over when only one player has any dice left.

Hexer

1 Player, 4 Dice

Roll all dice, if there are no sixes you lose. If you roll any sixes put them aside as reserves. Roll remaining dice. Put aside any sixes. If there are none put one of your reserves back into play. Continue until you have 4 sixes (Win!) or until you roll all four dice with no sixes (Lose!)

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Yes I could play those games. The first one sounds infinitely more fun than the second one

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The second one sounds dumb, but I tried it and it's actually pretty fun for like 5 minutes. It's definitely a timewaster kinda game.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Generic Board Game

Roll 2 dice. Move your playing piece X spaces where X is the combination of both dice rolls. Whoever gets to the last space first wins.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

Generic Board Game

Roll 2 dice. Move your playing piece X spaces where X is the combination of both dice rolls. Whoever gets to the last space first wins.

thanks milton bradley

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah both of these were taken from rulesets that took up most of a page, and I tried to squeeze every word out that I could while still having them playable.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

The first one is that game from pirates of the carribean that orlando bloom played with davy jones

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I can't tell you how many hours I wasted in Red Dead Redemption just playing liars dice. I love that game.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
never change internet. never change

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Need to mention that in liar's dice after you reveal you have to roll again and hide

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Welp. I'm pretty sure the GBS game is lost.

But! Thanks again, Kris, and Sam, for organizing and running such fun games. Good on y'all, mafia thread.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

And good on you, forums poster The Bananana, for being one of like 5 gbs posters whose posts actually make me laugh

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
this game needs 5 players. Come support a new mod :)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Im sorry I can't the last mafia game I was in was horrible for me :(

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Spiros posted:

And good on you, forums poster The Bananana, for being one of like 5 gbs posters whose posts actually make me laugh

I'mgay?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im playing super robot wars and i have no idea what is going on or who any of these characters are but its a fun tactical game

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

My beard is so drat long now!

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Only 7 more months till I can cut it

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

As a man who too can grow a luxurious beard, I have to ask - did the Taliban put you up to it?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I had a beard going for a while (5 years) but got rid of it on New Years day.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I am not a hirsute man.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Spiros posted:

As a man who too can grow a luxurious beard, I have to ask - did the Taliban put you up to it?

That certainly was part of the decision

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
beards are weirds

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

beards are weirds

They can be cool, I just got tired of looking at mine.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm a big fan of beards but they can be bad when they're patchy or unkempt. My biggest beard issue was realizing that maintaining a beard properly is actually more work than shaving every day.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Come and play in Opopanax's final game!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

Come and play in Opopanax's final game!

:(

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Spiros posted:

I'm a big fan of beards but they can be bad when they're patchy or unkempt. My biggest beard issue was realizing that maintaining a beard properly is actually more work than shaving every day.

Yeah I comb my beard and mustache every day

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've been working on growing my beard out since Peru (figured since I couldn't shave for 5 days I may as well) and it'd been fun. I use oils and stuff, it's all very classy.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

What oil do you use bud

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Spiros posted:

What oil do you use bud

I got a set from Beard Bro that are all very nice, then I bought a couple from a local soap place that are a bit less gimmicky.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Spiros posted:

I am lucky in that I am the only person in my family that can grow a full beard. Everyone else has patchy or non-existent facial hair.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

beards are weirds

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Men are to beards as Women are to shoes/handbags/colored hair in one important way: they're about us and we don't care what you think, other gender!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That's a beard foul, that should never happen.