Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Its snowing in LBL.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuiri
Jun 9, 2013
Beautiful, let's hope it will help to make an interesting race.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

To think pre-injury I was targeting the LBL sportif...

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
"Alejandro Valverde, Climber/Puncher"

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Movistar are boring as gently caress now.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Let's go

Astana?

Tuiri
Jun 9, 2013
Well that looked interesting, but became fairly pointless quickly.

Edit: Majka out of the race, Tom Jelte Slagter taken to an ambulance apprently.

Tuiri fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 24, 2016

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I'm being told I missed a Tommy V attack. I honestly thought he had retired.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
It looks horrible.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lol at Carlos "Gummybear" Betancur in bare legs, just lol

Tuiri
Jun 9, 2013

Paddyb posted:

Lol at Carlos "Gummybear" Betancur in bare legs, just lol

Gummybear? Cause he tends to eat too much or something else?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Probably, the Slowride Podcast dudes call him that. They're big fans

Dirtanium
Aug 3, 2007
I love idiots running next to riders, but don't cut across during an attack. Get close, but stay out of the way.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Can Valverde do cobbles?

Tuiri
Jun 9, 2013
Costa is looking very good.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
They need to stop looking back

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I love really slow long uphill finishes.

Tuiri
Jun 9, 2013
Poels!! Wout!!

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
What a weird finish

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Day of the Domestiques

Tuiri
Jun 9, 2013
Considering the tragic injury he came back from a couple of years ago, I am happy Poels won. Although I have to be honest there is some nationalism at play as well.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!
#anyonebutvalverde

This is a win for all of us today. I would have loved Albasini to win just for another apeshit Orica Backstage Pass.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

I must have missed something, why does everyone hate Valverde?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I was briefly OK with Poels winning until I saw Team Sky tweet that it was their first monument victory.

cebrail posted:

I dislike him because he looks like someone's weird uncle and because he's really good at having his team put in a shitload of work for him only to completely implode when it's time for him to do something. Also the whole doping thing

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

cebrail posted:

Unrepentant doping rear end in a top hat. Armstrong-level bullshit denials when every acronym-level agency caught him blood doping under his dog's name back in the day. He doesn't just not speak about it like Contador, he's militant about having not done anything wrong despite proof to the contrary.

Smirr posted:

I dislike him because he looks like someone's weird uncle and because he's really good at having his team put in a shitload of work for him only to completely implode when it's time for him to do something. Also the whole doping thing

Disagree. This is the hard part for me - he actually is a really drat good rider.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Valverde always implodes in the TdF, but other than that, yeah he's pretty legit.

E, probably a poor choice of word there, but you know what I mean.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Valverde sucks when he's winning all the Ardennes races but you'll love him when he starts blowing up some boring Grand Tour stages later on in the year.

He's taken so much dope it made him have a combover by the time he was in his thirties.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Howes 12 sec back. pretty cool

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Also, Movistar not properly riding for Quintana is always weird as hell. Instead Valverde sits there doing nothing in hope of a podium, when they actually could win through Quintana. Not sure if that's Valverde's fault though (I suspect it is) or the directors. He also NEVER pulls, just sits there.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Paddyb posted:

He's taken so much dope it made him have a combover by the time he was in his thirties.

he's not the only one, the nineties were full of balding riders, like:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Xabi posted:

Also, Movistar not properly riding for Quintana is always weird as hell. Instead Valverde sits there doing nothing in hope of a podium, when they actually could win through Quintana. Not sure if that's Valverde's fault though (I suspect it is) or the directors. He also NEVER pulls, just sits there.

He wouldnt even risk his third place to help Quintana win last year. I was sat there watching expecting Valverde to attack so Froome would have to chase him down and do all the work before a Quintana follow up and nope, other way round because Valverde was never going off the front as long as there was a risk he'd come 4th if he blew up.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

He rides for himself.

Going to be on the final climb for the Queen stage at Romandie next weekend. Snow and rain is menacing though, gonna have to dress up warm.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Rodgers has retired today. Heart defect that they detected during the tour down under isn't going away.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Speaking of teams with weird leadership situations, has BMC announced its leaders for the Tour and the Giro? Or are they just gonna throw Porte and TJV at both and wait to see who inevitably blows up in the second week first?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

And Femke just got a 6 years ban for his electrical bike motor.

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
Her electrical bike motor.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Toplowtech posted:

And Femke just got a 6 years ban for his electrical bike motor.

and she has to give up her titles, pay back the prize money, pay a fine and pay for the court case.

well, somebody has been made an example.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Awesome job UCI, go crazy on everyone who can't afford fighting being made an example of!

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx

Pocket posted:

Awesome job UCI, go crazy on everyone who can't afford fighting being made an example of!

Good thing they didn't go after the DS, leadership, or any of the mechanics, or it might have actually made some difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Now that's how you ride in a cross wind. Go watch stage 3 of Tour of Turkey if you haven't already, it's on youtube.