Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
On that same note, has anyone started planning Raid teams yet? Taunters look like they'll be useful, along with some kind of healing (maybe Bariss to get through Healing Immunity) and someone to team-buff and avoid the massive TM reduction. I'm thinking something along the lines of RG/STHan/Lumi(or Bariss)/2 DPSes to start, probably Rey/GS, and see how that pans out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I don't have many people outside of my Arena team that are ready for the bigs so I'll probably end up running Dooku lead with Yoda, Lumi, QGJ, and either Sid or Daka and hoping for the best.

The cost of starting a raid is absurd and I feel like the game would be better served by making them more accessible, even if they needed to tone down the rewards.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Jibo posted:

I don't have many people outside of my Arena team that are ready for the bigs so I'll probably end up running Dooku lead with Yoda, Lumi, QGJ, and either Sid or Daka and hoping for the best.

The cost of starting a raid is absurd and I feel like the game would be better served by making them more accessible, even if they needed to tone down the rewards.

It's supposed to be a special event, I'm okay with them being spaced out though I'd like it if the rewards were more guild-friendly as opposed to every man for himself. I think in IGD we are starting at tier V so most members should have at least 1 team to use if not multiple since the majority of goons are lvl 70+

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

oops wrong forum posted:

It's supposed to be a special event, I'm okay with them being spaced out though I'd like it if the rewards were more guild-friendly as opposed to every man for himself. I think in IGD we are starting at tier V so most members should have at least 1 team to use if not multiple since the majority of goons are lvl 70+

I might be okay with them being so sparse if I didn't have 7 characters waiting on gear that only comes from raids (or I guess for guild bucks/crystals if you're lucky)

E: Also gating that kind of progression behind content you might "miss" because you weren't playing at the time of the raid seems like a bad idea too.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I don't know who Blackjak is, but you're not on the goon spreadsheet, so go gently caress yourself.

rejected.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Do you get a lot more energy or faster refill at higher levels? I can't tell if other guild members just had a lot of bonus energy saved up or what but the rate at which other members are going through light side energy compared to me is kind of surprising.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

tadashi posted:

Do you get a lot more energy or faster refill at higher levels? I can't tell if other guild members just had a lot of bonus energy saved up or what but the rate at which other members are going through light side energy compared to me is kind of surprising.

My guess? :homebrew:

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Anyone have suggestions for rancor squad? Here is my collection of dudes:

code:

poggle	75	7
lum	75	7
savage	75	7
eeth	75	7
kylo	73	7
sid	73	7
ig-86	75	7
dooku	75	7
phasma	75	7
barriss	75	7
ahsoka	75	7
asajj	73	7
JC	75	6
yoda	75	6
QGJ	75	6
biggs	44	6
resistance pilot	44	6
vader	70	5
daka	75	5
chewbacca	70	5
obi-wan	73	5
ig-88	52	5
GS	70	4
mace	70	4
talia	70	4
FO stormtrooper	70	4
boba	70	4
darth maul	70	4
FOTP	70	4
ewok elder	70	4
luke	70	4
royal guard	60	4
tarkin	61	4
clone sergeant	60	4
snowtrooper	50	4
nute	44	4
cad	44	4
kit	60	3
poe	70	3
FO officer	60	3
jawa	60	3
leai	45	3
resistance trooper	47	3
ewok scout	42	3
stromtrooper	35	3
ig-100	31	3
veers	1	3
coruscant	45	2
teebo	32	2
greedo	5	2
ugnaught	5	2
JK guardian	3	2
lando	1	2
magmatrooper	1	2
NS acolyte	1	1
NS initiate	5	1

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

tadashi posted:

Everyone get 240 regular energy/day plus 135 bonus. I've been buying 4 refills since the level cap was increased. If you can place in the top 200 of arena, it's to your benefit to buy at least 2 refills.

Edit: don't feel pressured to keep up, it seems to me that the rewards for just normal play are still pretty reasonable.

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 26, 2016

XtaC
Feb 17, 2011
Ally Code - 563-137-555,
Name - XtaC,

Guild Invite please!

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
The spend rates might be high today due to the free 500 crystals we got in the mail.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
It's fun watching someone edit the Guild Rancor Report. Whoever is doing that, thanks!

e: I ran out of light side hard shards to farm really fast, so then I moved over to working on the stupid stun cuffs -- because they are light side farmable, but really what I want are stun guns for Barriss and RG -- only dark side farmable. Then I decided instead to stockpile some Holo Projectors (250 hp) and weapon mods (4 speed) -- because I always need a ton of those. I would highly recommend it.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 26, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I wonder how savage's big attack works against a low health rancor.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

I really hope it does 9999 damage.

Also, anyone that wants in IGD, read this:

Malgrin posted:

So, everyone requesting invites: that's not how it works. Unfortunately, we can't add people to the guild by their ID, something they will hopefully fix. Instead, you need to friend either myself (for IGD - basically full) or Jibo (for QGJ). Then you can apply to the guild, at which point we can check if you are on the spreadsheet and add you to the guild. It's complicated as gently caress, but that's how it works.

Unless you do this, we have to remove friends from our list, then invite people as allies, wait for you to accept, then invite you to guild, and wait for you to accept. If you instead add us, then request invite to the guild, we just have to accept you. I dunno about Jibo, but I've already spent way too much time setting up this guild business. Joining the guild is on you.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 26, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

He's immune to massive damage effects and takes reduced %hp damage. (So knowing CG it probably crashed your game and resets raid progress for your whole guild.)

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

kaschei posted:

He's immune to massive damage effects and takes reduced %hp damage. (So knowing CG it probably crashed your game and resets raid progress for your whole guild.)

You have to win a chocobotauntaun race to unlock his limit break.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Hey jerks, which guild currently has space? I'm 72, in need of a guild, on the spreadsheet, power top.
Hilarity Ensues 783-223-753

e: woo!

overseer07 fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 26, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

overseer07 posted:

Hey jerks, which guild currently has space? I'm 72, in need of a guild, on the spreadsheet, power top.
Hilarity Ensues 783-223-753

We have one space in IGD. Add me as an ally in game, then apply to our guild.

Hilarity has apparently ensued. IGD full.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 26, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I added a Rancor Report sheet to the spreadsheet. Please add info, ratings and whatever for characters that you run so we can quickly figure out the best squad.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

I added a Rancor Report sheet to the spreadsheet. Please add info, ratings and whatever for characters that you run so we can quickly figure out the best squad.

This is awesome.

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!
My group of evil sentient robots are lookin' for a guild, if we've got any openings. Played this a whole bunch at release, got to max level 60, then stopped. Guess they added a bunch of stuff to waste time on since then. Perfect!

Ally code: 318-293-458

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

tadashi posted:

I saved up energy for the roll over last night and bought 4 refills after that then 4 refills today. I wish being higher level got you a faster refill. The most you can do is hold more energy but even at level 76 it's 134 energy or so.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Malgrin posted:

Play with other goons!
There are currently two guilds: Ima GoonDi and Qui GoonJinn. IGD is full, QGJ is still accepting applicants.
To get in a guild, follow this link to add yourself to the spreadsheet, then add an officer from a guild with open spots to your ally list, and then you will be able to see and apply to that guild.
Being in a Guild allows you to earn more shards and gear through daily activities and raids (discussed more below).

Raids
Guild raids will involve the ugly brute things from Jabba's palace, plus a Rancor end-boss. These have multiple tiers with increasing payouts per tier. Tier 7 (level 80 max gear/star) gives you NewHan shards. We won't know anything about NewHan until someone either unlocks him, or datamines him.
We are updating information on raids in the spreadsheet here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211
There's a tab dedicated to what heroes/abilities are good for raiding.

I've made a couple other minor tweaks and changes to this, but mostly I just added these two sections. The guilds section is near the top of the thread, while raids are at the very bottom.

I didn't want to post a new thread until new guild formation dies down a bit, so I'm hoping to get this out later this week. I still need to add graphics to the OP. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

e: I should probably add context. If you follow this quote, it will take you to the full OP I am working on. Please read it over and let me know if there's anything big that I've missed/should add.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 26, 2016

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.
Been filling out some of the people on the spreadsheet's guild affiliations, and there are a bunch of people in qui goonjinn who haven't added themselves to the spreadsheet at all.

I don't know how important that'll be ultimately but you might as well do it here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211&perpage=40

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Oneavi posted:

Been filling out some of the people on the spreadsheet's guild affiliations, and there are a bunch of people in qui goonjinn who haven't added themselves to the spreadsheet at all.

I don't know how important that'll be ultimately but you might as well do it here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211&perpage=40

At some point, Jibo might follow my lead and start kicking out people that aren't verified Goons. This probably won't happen until QGJ reaches/gets close to capacity, but you never know.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

At some point, Jibo might follow my lead and start kicking out people that aren't verified Goons. This probably won't happen until QGJ reaches/gets close to capacity, but you never know.

I'm planning on doing this tonight hopefully. I'm sure some people slipped in as regular invites.

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Jibo posted:

I'm planning on doing this tonight hopefully. I'm sure some people slipped in as regular invites.

I will go ahead and add all the unverified people to the spreadsheet with SA names blank, so people who haven't added themselves can easily check and fill in the blank. And then anyone who doesn't can just easily be removed.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Did another pass through my allies list & spreadsheet ~~ the goongan army wantsa yousa

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Alright I've finished verifying every member of qui goonjinn manually, the only people still unverified are:

ders 275-969-883
putt stuff 159-831-151
mol eliza 149-771-464

This means I couldn't find your name or ally code anywhere in the thread. If any of you are reading this, you should either throw your sa name on the spreadsheet by your in game name or respond to this.

Oneavi fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Apr 27, 2016

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Oneavi posted:

Alright I've finished verifying every member of qui goonjinn manually, the only people still unverified are:

ders 275-969-883
putt stuff 159-831-151
mol eliza 149-771-464
GenegardSA 525-941-596

This means I couldn't find your name or ally code anywhere in the thread. If any of you are reading this, you should either throw your sa name on the spreadsheet by your in game name or respond to this.

Gene guard is me, my bad. I thought I had added myself to the sheet. I'll do so later.

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Fyrbrand posted:

Gene guard is me, my bad. I thought I had added myself to the sheet. I'll do so later.

Already added you, don't worry about it.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Been playing this game casually for a little bit but now that there's guilds I think I'll play some more. I added my name to the spreadsheet and requested all the QGJ officers. Regardless:

Wexia
438-343-128

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Hk-47 or ST Han?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
With the changes to counter attacks, ST Han looks like he will be a hard foil for dooku teams. Han taunts, you have one of your lower dps characters attack dooku, and dooku's counter is redirected to ST han, where it does very little damage and feeds the rest of your team 30-60% turn meter.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

cowofwar posted:

Hk-47 or ST Han?

I'd vote for Han, especially if your tank situation is limited to chewie.

Edit: lol at the raid leaderboard

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

I'd vote for Han, especially if your tank situation is limited to chewie.

Edit: lol at the raid leaderboard

Ok IGDs...go use 21501500 energy in the next 1.5 hours...gets us the next tier.

I get an extra 45 30 minutes before our reset...and I'm pacific time, so, if everyone logs in between now and reset we should be able to finish that off

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 27, 2016

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
My shipments is currently offering me a fully crafted Mk 4 Furnace for 273 crystals, and a single Mk 4 Furnace prototype for ... 273 crystals.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
This game teaches the hard lesson of caveat emptor.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'm a Goongan and it feels right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Ok IGDs...go use 21501500 energy in the next 1.5 hours...gets us the next tier.

I get an extra 45 30 minutes before our reset...and I'm pacific time, so, if everyone logs in between now and reset we should be able to finish that off

No problem, the 10:00 free energy just dropped :smug:

• Locked thread