Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm still not sure what a podcast is but if I ever bother to look it up, I'll post in this thread.

It's a downloadable radio show, you sperg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Avenging_Mikon posted:

It's a downloadable radio show, you sperg

Well gently caress you.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Usually they're streaming actually.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Baronjutter posted:

Usually they're streaming actually.

You're both right.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/U7HXD77.webm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq7DmFeXQ7Q

I've seen this episode more than a few times and I just now noticed that Gumball is doing a bunch of T&A poses during the comicbook section

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
I finally got around to playing Undertale and saw "Everdraed" named in the end credits.

And I was like "Everdraed? :swoon: Everdraed worked on this game? Like omigosh I've seen that guy he's an SA guy! SomethingAwful still rules, yesssss!!!" and got excited.

But everyone else around here probably knows about that already and it's been so long that the Undertale thread is closed now. :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

So who is he?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Jerry Cotton posted:

So who is he?

He wrote a lot of fanfic the devs liked during the games development.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

He wrote a lot of fanfic the devs liked during the games development.

Neat-o.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Jerry Cotton posted:

So who is he?

He makes some cool gifs.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Everdraed is name you want to see pop up in a mediocre photoshop thread.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

dirksteadfast posted:

Everdraed is name you want to see pop up in a mediocre photoshop thread.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
Not something I just figured out, but it took me at least 14 years after the original Bring It On movie came out to realise that during the Toro's final routine, they used the song that Cliff wrote for Torrance. I always wondered why he was so excited during that scene!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ema Nymton posted:

SomethingAwful still rules, yesssss!!!

lmao

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I just realised last night that the Nintendo 64 controller has an A button, B button, C arrows and a D pad. I could never figure out why D - it's ABCD!... And also R, L and Z, but E F G would have been a stretch.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Hyperlynx posted:

I just realised last night that the Nintendo 64 controller has an A button, B button, C arrows and a D pad. I could never figure out why D - it's ABCD!... And also R, L and Z, but E F G would have been a stretch.

Isn't it short for "directional pad"?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Isn't it short for "directional pad"?
Yes. Nowadays the official term is "+Control Pad" (no kidding).

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It could also be taken as "digital", as opposed to the analog stick.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hirayuki posted:

Yes. Nowadays the official term is "+Control Pad" (no kidding).

As far as I know, it always was.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Hyperlynx posted:

I seem to remember it being called a d-pad back in the NES and SNES days too.

fake edit: Wikipedia says the Sega first coined the term "D button" for the cross on their Genesis controller which also had A, B and C buttons, so you're kind of right?

real edit: +Control Pad was the official name on the Famicom/NES.

Hardcordion has a new favorite as of 15:02 on May 17, 2016

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The Genesis/Mega Drive had ABC for buttons purely so that you could input "ABRACADABRA" as an in-game cheat code (R and D are right and down respectively, if not obvious)

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Despite numerous references of real locations as well as several actual cities sharing its namesake, the Kokomo referred to in The Beach Boys' song is a fictitious place.

It's one of those things you go your whole life without Googling until your friend tells you about it only just the other day.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I used to think Royce Gracie and "Hoyce Gracie" were twin brothers because I didn't know poo poo about Portuguese.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I was playing hearthstone yesterday and only just realized that the amgam rager is backwards for magma rager

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Tusen Takk posted:

I was playing hearthstone yesterday and only just realized that the amgam rager is backwards for magma rager

It also has reverse stats.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

flosofl posted:

It also has reverse stats.

I noticed that, but being new to Warcraft lore I just assumed that Amgam was some spirit in Pandaria or something

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat
“All intensive purposes” = all intents and purposes

It took me years to figure this out

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

You should check out the flavor text as well if you haven't already.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
The little button in the Android app where you can insert tags and poo poo is a set of empty square brackets. Because that's how tags work in phpBB.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yoshi Jjang posted:

Despite numerous references of real locations as well as several actual cities sharing its namesake, the Kokomo referred to in The Beach Boys' song is a fictitious place.

It's one of those things you go your whole life without Googling until your friend tells you about it only just the other day.

This vastly improved the song for me versus my lifelong assumption it is about a man elaborately trolling the person he is singing to in order to save money on a vacation by going to Kokomo, Indiana.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Half the opposite of the point of the thread, but paradoxically on topic:

A friend of mine asked me last night why I keep my keys on a lanyard, and after a beat, asked me why I have a US Navy lanyard in the first place.

After a moment, I realized I don't know the answer to either. I think I had a reason for it when I first did it, and I'm sure I got it from somewhere, but I have no idea on both.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I can't believe I had no idea what a lanyard was until I googled it just now.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

MisterBibs posted:

A friend of mine asked me last night why I keep my keys on a lanyard, and after a beat, asked me why I have a US Navy lanyard in the first place.

After a moment, I realized I don't know the answer to either. I think I had a reason for it when I first did it, and I'm sure I got it from somewhere, but I have no idea on both.

Man, PTSD is rough.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

Recruiters have crates full of trade show-type swag like that to give away. If you've ever been to a job fair or similar and didn't end up with a bunch of pens and hats and lanyards and notepads that you don't remember picking up, something's wrong.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

He's defintely done 2-3 tours in Iraq & Afghanistan.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Barudak posted:

This vastly improved the song for me versus my lifelong assumption it is about a man elaborately trolling the person he is singing to in order to save money on a vacation by going to Kokomo, Indiana.

I grew up in the Indianapolis area, and knew about the town of Kokomo before I ever heard of the Beach Boys song. Now I think the song is just funny for the same reason.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Christo posted:

I seem to remember it being called a d-pad back in the NES and SNES days too.

fake edit: Wikipedia says the Sega first coined the term "D button" for the cross on their Genesis controller which also had A, B and C buttons, so you're kind of right?

real edit: +Control Pad was the official name on the Famicom/NES.

Well drat. At least I'm satisfying the "questionable etymology" angle.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Song that plays at the end of Mega Man 3 is over 3 minutes long. Nearly a minute of it never plays in the game.

To elaborate, I didn't know that there was a whole other minute to it.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 06:06 on May 23, 2016

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
My wife only discovered yesterday that Billy Joel and Billy Idol are not the same person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Creature posted:

My wife only discovered yesterday that Billy Joel and Billy Idol are not the same person.

Tell her Billy Corgan and Karl Pilkington are not the same person and she'll believe it. (Of course they are the same person but :thejoke: so you can :troll: her good :mmmhmm:)