Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

HydeLyde posted:

So I think I messed up something by trading deathblows with the boss Aldritch. I got a cutscene and was teleported somewhere with some robed character on the ground, by my character immediately died when the area loaded in. I was sent back to the last bonfire. Now I don't know what to do, who that was, how to get back there etc. Any help?

you remember that lady who gave you the banner before the second bossfight of the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Captain Oblivious posted:

See you're giving yourself away as not knowing anything about invasions when you say stuff like this.

Seeds of a Giant Tree exist and they are trivial to obtain. Plus the host has more health than you and twice as much Estus in a game where punishing chugging is very difficult.

Ah yes, the guy bitching about being outnumbered schools me on the proper mindset of invading in dark souls

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
How do you get your images from your PS 4 to IMGUR?

I feel a bit :corsair: with these childrens toys (consoles)

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

let's be honest, invasions were only scary the first time you played a souls game. after that it's just another fight. also bloodborne was almost impossible to actually invade in unless the host had helpers available, so idk man. it's not like the summoning bell ever stopped ringing either; that was just something that happened until you died or left the area

kirk is still scary to me. he would never have been if i could have put an infinite ghostwall in between me and him tho. and yeah but i've never said the host shouldn't be able to summon people. it was better in BB because the summoning system was actually garbage.

I never at any point mentioned ganking tho or wanting a fair fight. invading gank squads was my favorite thing in BB. fighting a 4v1 is fine in this game. I just don't think the host should have infinite resources in the form of those ghosts from the ff6 phantom train. thats all i have to say about invasions.

Revol posted:

Could use a little feedback on my build.

I've got a Sharp Uchi +7, I two hand it. Do I just dump all my souls into Dex, or would I be missing out on something?

I wouldn't push dex past 40. if you still want to level up after that, consider putting points into int so you can use buffs and be a wacky spells shooter

GulagDolls fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 27, 2016

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ladies please, you're both pretty.

HydeLyde
Apr 25, 2008

Roobanguy posted:

you remember that lady who gave you the banner before the second bossfight of the game?

Did I miss anything interesting by instantly dying the second I loaded into whatever area that was?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

HydeLyde posted:

Did I miss anything interesting by instantly dying the second I loaded into whatever area that was?

probably not. i homeward boned out of the area when i beat the previous boss and didn't miss anything.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rolo posted:

Anyone unable to log in on ps4 since the update?

Yeah, and it's show my version as 1.04 but the Regulation version as 1.05 despite there not being any more available updates.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Sure is nice to be on the other side of the hilarious one-sided invasion covenant. Out of maybe 16 invaisons I've lost 3? And one of those was to mean darkwraith that betrayed me while using the lol meme greatshield build. The Aldritch Faitful area is just a slaughterhouse most of the time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

kirk is still scary to me. he would never have been if i could have put an infinite ghostwall in between me and him tho. and yeah but i've never said the host shouldn't be able to summon people. it was better in BB because the summoning system was actually garbage.

I never at any point mentioned ganking tho or wanting a fair fight. invading gank squads was my favorite thing in BB. fighting a 4v1 is fine. I just don't think the host should have infinite resources in the form of those ghosts from the ff6 phantom train. thats all i have to say about invasions

my point about bloodborne was just that the bell will always ring, so it's basically the same thing: infinite possible helpers. but yea the system was bad so they probably wouldn't be brought in. I get where you're coming from, I just don't think that from will look at the relatively small number of people that this affects and change it to suit them when a lot of people won't like it

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

the aldrich faithful area + covenant is the only invasion thing that isn't horrifically stacked against invaders and holy poo poo it's actually fun, who would've guessed!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Q-sixtysix posted:

Ah yes, the guy bitching about being outnumbered schools me on the proper mindset of invading in dark souls

Mindset? I'm explaining game mechanics to you.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Internet Kraken posted:

Sure is nice to be on the other side of the hilarious one-sided invasion covenant. Out of maybe 16 invaisons I've lost 3? And one of those was to mean darkwraith that betrayed me while using the lol meme greatshield build. The Aldritch Faitful area is just a slaughterhouse most of the time.

The Pontiff area is definitely an exception. Aldrich rules.

HydeLyde
Apr 25, 2008

Roobanguy posted:

probably not. i homeward boned out of the area when i beat the previous boss and didn't miss anything.

I was kind of hoping I broke something by teleporting in with 0 HP and dying but oh well.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Patch seems to be out on PS4.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

bring back the scraping spear so invading people can be fun again

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Captain Oblivious posted:

Mindset? I'm explaining game mechanics to you.

I've been greatarrowing people off the invisible bridge in the crystal caves since you were a sperm in your daddy's balls

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

argondamn posted:

Patch seems to be out on PS4.

Does the dancer glitch no longer work then?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ShadowMar posted:

bring back the scraping spear so invading people can be fun again

Hey you've got acid surge that is just as good right

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

bring back

old monk

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Being outnumbered is the nature of invading in DS3 so what gives, if host and summons don't run to bonfire and gesture at me for 15-30 minutes to come and die in an instant they log and summon in their main characters instead, it's become rarer for them to push forward against the invader in lategame PvP and it iss in lowlevels they have balls lately. And then there's poise not working, and rolling to safety being the easiest dumbest loving thing.

Gimme 1v2/3 in Bloodborne any day over the current state of DS3 PvP. Wish I could nail down if it was the increased TTK or not in BB that made it feel so goddamn great.

Q-sixtysix posted:

I've been greatarrowing people off the invisible bridge in the crystal caves since you were a sperm in your daddy's balls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDWSDdOsx6M
HELLO NEW LAUGH AND FEEL GOOD PVP BUILD (do greatarrows knock people when you don't have the stats to correctly use the bow?)

If they don't squeeze something like that into one of the DLC packages we all need to be cranky.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 27, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

GulagDolls posted:

I wouldn't push dex past 40. if you still want to level up after that, consider putting points into int so you can use buffs and be a wacky spells shooter
if you're just going for buffs, 10 Int 30 Faith is enough to get you elemental buffs of all 4 elements. If you can get the ears for it, anyway :v:

I don't know how Darkmoon Blade compares to the sorcery version though

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

:lol:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think what made bloodborne more fun was the speed. I liked the dodge step a lot. also the weapons had more involved movesets and gun parrying was cool

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

wow looks like invasions really ARE stacked in favor of the host lol

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Babe Magnet posted:

wow looks like invasions really ARE stacked in favor of the host lol

Have you experienced the retarded horror of hosts 360 degree parries yet? Host with the back to the invader, host has lag advantage, L2, turn around, snikt.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I've been getting ganked by pre-stacked invasions since something something sperm something daddys balls

e: I'm well aware of the kind of uphill battle the invader usually (but not all the time) faces, it just doesn't both me much because I don't get mad at video games

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think what made bloodborne more fun was the speed. I liked the dodge step a lot. also the weapons had more involved movesets and gun parrying was cool

stake driver explosion move...

i definitely think there's something to be said for having less weapons but just making sure none of them have the same moves.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I played Demons up to this game all as swordy dudes (hammer in bloodborne)

I think I'm going to actually make a magic build despite them actually being poo poo from what I hear, any go to advice before I go in. Was never a fan of having to watch a second meter but uh... challenge??

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Manatee Cannon posted:

Every video I've seen of Bloodborne PvP looks like tedious bullshit because of how easy it is to heal. Its like DS3 only worse.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

MrLonghair posted:

Have you experienced the retarded horror of hosts 360 degree parries yet? Host with the back to the invader, host has lag advantage, L2, turn around, snikt.
pretty sure parries always actually have a 360 degree hitbox

Internet Kraken posted:

Every video I've seen of Bloodborne PvP looks like tedious bullshit because of how easy it is to heal. Its like DS3 only worse.
yeah even with the bullets it's virtually impossible to punish healing at all in bloodborne.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

sometimes. if you were good you could parry heals fairly reliably and if that happened the other person was hosed. unless you were pvping at lower levels in which case ripostes were trivial. in general pvping at lower levels was just a horrible slog.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GulagDolls posted:

sometimes. if you were good you could parry heals fairly reliably and if that happened the other person was hosed. unless you were pvping at lower levels in which case ripostes were trivial. in general pvping at lower levels was just a horrible slog.

I sort of agree, but invading in the woods was pretty fun. Skip to about 2:30 in this vid for a fun time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqEydfpWkV0

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

did you know that you can parry health vials in bloodborne? because you totally can

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
So, the Old Wolf Curved Sword seems promising. The weapon art is interesting (maybe could punish missed greatsword swings and the bring you safely out of range before a followup? Uncertain of ranges, would have to test), it has a built in Canthus Beacon/Pontiff's right eye effect (what would happen if you combined all 3?) and although there's a bit of delay on the initial swing, successive swings seem fairly fast. Combined with a respectable AR, and it might just be viable. Why haven't I seen anyone using it?

Also on the note of stacking effects, does the Morion Blade stack with the red tearstone ring? Because a whopping 40% attack boost at low HP would certainly make for some interesting reversals.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

The speed was good, but the combat also felt more fully realized and better balanced. There are tons of bad PVE or PVP builds in DS3 that make or break certain parts of the game, whereas in BB every build is still "fast combat with constant dodging" so there are no dumb mismatches.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

did you know that you can parry health vials in bloodborne? because you totally can

holy poo poo, this changes everything

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Manatee Cannon posted:

In theory yeah but it must be pretty hard to time since I barely ever saw anyone do that. Most PvP fights I saw were people zipping around jamming syringes into their legs and then getting shot in the face for trivial damage a half second later.

I've never gone out of way to look for "pro" Bloodborne PvP though.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
With how fast healing is it's not really reasonable to parry blood vials with online latency, unless you're lucky and have a really good connection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's not that hard really. latency is the only problem to contend with. I could do it pretty consistently, and if I could then I'm sure most people could if they tried. most people didn't seem to be aware that it was a thing, or maybe they just assumed that it'd be hard or the latency would screw them. it's a no risk gambit tho since you aren't exactly using your bullets for anything else in pvp. unless you were a bloodtinge/arcane build, anyway