Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MustardFacial posted:

My Struggle.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I cant keep up with your constant avatar changes LC!!

Judgemental horse was annoying so I asked my kid to make a funny cartoon of our Cockatiel in photoshop for me.... she has a bright internet future ahead of her that one.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

learnincurve posted:

Actually, you know that thing where since Lewis started losing Mercedes keeps praising his attitude and banging on about how it's not easy with all the criticism he receives, he has a hard life, overwhelming pressure for a mere mortal, he's a superstar, overcoming adversity and hate in a mature way, internet is full of bastards, blah blah blah. It's us they are referring to isn't it?

I don't have a problem with Lewis really so maybe Mercedes is talking about you specifically

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

learnincurve posted:

Judgemental horse was annoying so I asked my kid to make a funny cartoon of our Cockatiel in photoshop for me.... she has a bright internet future ahead of her that one.

I'm afraid that's a potato

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

El Hefe posted:

I'm afraid that's a potato

Anythings better than that horse.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Cockatiels are known as potatoes in the bird world. A picture of Massa would also have been acceptable.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

He'd probably go with something lame as gently caress and entirely misleading like "The People's Champ"

Kimi's album would be "7 Licks"

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Team Roscoe: Always be training and hydrating (and peeing)

https://www.instagram.com/p/8Ai-vgse87/?taken-by=roscoelovescoco&hl=en

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123990/f1-bosses-fail-to-agree-2017-engine-rules

HOORAY!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Everyone knows that Roscoe is trying to shag that ball.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He's humping that thing isn't he?

Ok so in the complicated world of F1 the strategy group which voted for the proposals were the teams. The F1 Commission is the teams + Bernie and Todt. If it were not passed then Bernie and Todt voted it down and/or one of the teams switched sides.

I'm looking at you Horner.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
F1 politics are hilarious. Did they ever get the tire thing sorted that Pirelli was threatening to pull out over?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ok we can put down the pitchforks. The vote could not happen because Bernie did not show up.

URGENT NEWS. Does this mean John "jiggly tits" Booth just replaced Helmut "oval office" Marco at Toro Rosso? http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/booth-joins-toro-rosso-as-director-of-racing-690442/

Yes that was an odd thing to type.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Good to have John "Bigbooty" Booth back in the pit lane.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i heard a lot of promoters didn't show up because they couldn't/didn't want to travel. they're just going to do the voting by fax.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

How many people get to loving vote on this poo poo? For Christ sake, the rules should be the exclusive domain of the FIA.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

How many people get to loving vote on this poo poo? For Christ sake, the rules should be the exclusive domain of the FIA.

six teams, five race promoters, bernie, and someone from the FIA

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

learnincurve posted:

Cockatiels are known as potatoes in the bird world. A picture of Massa would also have been acceptable.

No, that's not a bird, it's Schumi.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I think Schumacher's more of a cabbage than a potato, at least potatoes can power a digital clock

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

1500quidporsche posted:

This. A sport's rules should be determined by the regulating body, not by it's competitors. And definitely not by the old billionaire goblin that owns the tv rights.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I kind of wonder what the end game is there. At some point you have to admit that he's clinically brain dead, especially if Mick has a career.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Honda is supposedly going to clean sheet their engine for 2017. Reports from Honda say that this new engine should be [translated from Japanese] "less poo poo."

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

MustardFacial posted:

Honda is supposedly going to clean sheet their engine for 2017. Reports from Honda say that this new engine should be [translated from Japanese] "less poo poo."

"Guys, we found the problem with the engine, it's the whole engine."

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

After an intensive investigation Honda engineers have concluded that the issue with the Honda engine is in fact Honda.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Norns posted:

Really too bad this is too long for a thread title.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Hondurr

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Norns posted:

:vince:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Norns posted:

:thurman:

Post of the season so far.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Since I took about an eight-year hiatus from watching Eff One, who can give me the scoop on the Russia circuit they're racing on now?

Looks like a couple of decent long straights in there, I guess Hermann Tilke must have retired.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

MrMojok posted:

Since I took about an eight-year hiatus from watching Eff One, who can give me the scoop on the Russia circuit they're racing on now?

Looks like a couple of decent long straights in there, I guess Hermann Tilke must have retired.

The circuit, designed by German architect Hermann Tilke, ...

If only... :(

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MrMojok posted:

Remember the 2014 Olympics in Russia?

It's there. As in, a circuit cutting around and through the Sochi Olympic Village.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

DOH!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I kinda like the sochi track. It's a fun track to race in games at the least.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Possibly Chicken posted:

I kinda like the sochi track. It's a fun track to race in games at the least.

It looks like poo poo, reminds me of the old Valencia track but with more stray dogs

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Problem with Sochi is that no matter how good the racing is, they are still racing inside something that looks like a poorly converted Gulag.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
it's a poo poo track.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
if you hate sochi you hate dogs

noone hates dogs rite

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

learnincurve posted:

they are still racing inside something that looks like a poorly converted Gulag.

aka Russia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Really too bad this is too long for a thread title.

F1 2016: The problem with the engine is the engine

• Locked thread