Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
if u think demon's souls is in any way better than any of the dark souls games you have a tumour in your brain and i can't wait for it to kill you within the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Andrast posted:

Where's Majora

*smiles and points at trashcan labelled 'Bloodborne'*

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ruggington posted:

*smiles and points at trashcan labelled 'Bloodborne'*

That's just rude

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Internet Kraken posted:

I like facilitating gimmick runs so I'd be willing to help with that. Its a pretty cool weapon honestly, you just have to look past the wonky stat requirements. You'll be a special snowflake if you use it as I haven't seen anyone else using it even after a bunch of PvP. The fact that it never shows up catches people offguard since they don't know what to expect.

I super appreciate the offer but it looks like you're on PC and I'm on PS4 so...

I probably don't want to start another character for a bit, to avoid burnout anyway.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
[retard fail:] mm yes .. u see.. demon's souls was better because of thee... character and world tendency, farming for healing items, having to go back and forth between worlds/areas to unlock the next area, the best(:D)weapon upgrade system clearly, OLD MONK FTW!! wrath of god sooo epic., uuhuu m'yes.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I AM BRAWW posted:

[retard fail:] mm yes .. u see.. demon's souls was better because of thee... character and world tendency, farming for healing items, having to go back and forth between worlds/areas to unlock the next area, the best(:D)weapon upgrade system clearly, OLD MONK FTW!! wrath of god sooo epic., uuhuu m'yes.

I liked being the michelin man

also the phosphorescent pole was cool and I can't beat anybody up with fancy sticks in dark souls

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

I AM BRAWW posted:

I AM BRAWW posted:

if u think demon's souls is in any way better than any of the dark souls games you have a tumour in your brain and i can't wait for it to kill you within the year

Did Demons Souls kill your dog or something? Jesus Christ.

For its massive flaws it was the first actual Souls game and had some neat stuff about it. That paired with nostalgia goggles l can perfectly understand people liking it the best.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Actually the best Souls game is King's Field IV

*swings at the air*

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Internet Kraken posted:

Actually the best Souls game is King's Field IV

*swings at the air*

It's Shadow Tower Abyss you dumbass. What kind of lovely Souls game doesn't kill you within the first five steps.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Turtlicious posted:

DS1 was good, DS2 was better, and I think DS3 is best. I just hate not being able to talk about liking new things on SA.

DnD 5e will be the new favorite when DND 6e comes out.

You hate not being able to like new things on SA... But no one was calling this one the worst and you're the one who brought it up? Like you wholesale invented this.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
i respect demons souls likers more than i respect dark souls 2 likers.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
a lot more.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I dream of a day where people don't irrationally hate all these really good games just because they didn't meet every single expectation they had.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I can understand people having nostalgia feels for Demon's Souls but imo it's basically a Dark Souls prototype

I also think it's weird to imagine somebody being too blinded by nostalgia for a game that came out in 2009 to rationally assess a game that came out in 2011 on the same console, as if we were talking about Mario or Final Fantasy games 20 years apart

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I decided to try out the deep axe on vordt because I'd heard he was weak to dark, and "weak" might be underselling it. poor guy melted in like 3 combos

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Internet Kraken posted:

I dream of a day where people don't irrationally hate all these really good games just because they didn't meet every single expectation they had.

i dream of a day where people dont just say a game is objectively good because they are pleased by how it panders to them

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Your favorite game is trash.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ruggington posted:

u won't mind if I... take out the trash... *picks up the trash can with bloodborne and majora in it and walks out whistling*

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

You are this thread's savior.

Put this in the OP TIA

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Ruggington posted:

my favorite game is ultima 7 and ultima 7 part 2: the serpent isle. so yes, they are trash, but its really cool trash.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Under the vegetable posted:

i dream of a day where people dont just say a game is objectively good because they are pleased by how it panders to them

What the gently caress does pandering even mean in this context? It pandered to me by being fun to play???

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm enjoying watching this dude doing the Soldering Iron gimmick run have his soul crushed by the Old Demon King

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Some people were talking about that new Team Ninja game and saying it was like Dark Souls-esque. It has some of the stiffest looking animations I've seen since the last time I saw a Team Ninja game... which was Ninja Gaiden on my Xbox 360. Looks like hot garbage.

Can whoever took out the garbage earlier add Niao (sp?) to it?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

What the gently caress does pandering even mean in this context? It pandered to me by being fun to play???

I'm being pandered to because all of the class starts have enough stats to one hand their weapons. Or in fact, HAVE weapons.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Every video game and other piece of media is trash and I can't wait until humanity eventually dies out.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Section Z posted:

I'm being pandered to because all of the class starts have enough stats to one hand their weapons. Or in fact, HAVE weapons.

A monk class that starts with a Cestus or some kind of punchman ring and no weapon would've been a cool thing to have

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I managed to beat Nameless King after like 4 tries but I only beat him at the end because we traded killing blows (and i was out of estus so I was just going for it) but I had Tears of Denial :stare:

Nameless King: Im...impossible
Me: Cry more

That fight was loving brutal

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Zombies' Downfall posted:

A monk class that starts with a Cestus or some kind of punchman ring and no weapon would've been a cool thing to have

This would also have been quite sweet. Particularly if you could still parry. Even one handed when I use the cestus, it does the little buff art instead if my offhand is empty. I'm expecting I'm doing something wrong there, right?

Jerkface posted:

I managed to beat Nameless King after like 4 tries but I only beat him at the end because we traded killing blows (and i was out of estus so I was just going for it) but I had Tears of Denial :stare:

Nameless King: Im...impossible
Me: Cry more

That fight was loving brutal

I love the mental imagry of the boss calling bullshit.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't know. Why is it fun to play, to you? Because, to me, it's not fun to play, because of a ton of extremely poor balance, bad hitboxes, weapon tracking, level, enemy, and world design i dislike, a plot that is extremely generic fantasy for this series that i dont care about, bad animations, encounter design, etc. i dont know. to me, everything about that game comes together to make something that is lesser than the sum of its parts, and the individual parts aren't even good. i can't enjoy a game just because it has a slightly better interface and you can run up ladders.

if you think the game is fun because its easier or whatever, or "PVP is better", thats fine. i just wish people wouldn't get so defensive and scream "ITS A GOOD GAME ITS THE BEST GAME ACTUALLY" when some people say they dont like it and have tons of detailed reasons why, reasons that have been exhaustively covered by many people many times. its ok for both people to have opinions and we don't have to fight like this. when someone says "i dont like dark souls 2" you can just think "ok nbd" instead of having people come out of the woodwork every time to go "ACTUALLY its a great game and the best dark souls :smug:" much like i can just say "nbd" to myself when someone offhandedly mentions enjoying the game, outside of some ridiculous edition war context

Under the vegetable fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Apr 27, 2016

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Section Z posted:

This would also have been quite sweet. Particularly if you could still parry. Even one handed when I use the cestus, it does the little buff art instead if my offhand is empty. I'm expecting I'm doing something wrong there, right?

I love the mental imagry of the boss calling bullshit.

equip the cestus in your left hand

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

equip the cestus in your left hand

But then I won't have one for my right-oh that's right they clone themselves if you Two hand them :aaaaa:

EDIT: Oh that's right it still does the buff instead of a parry while two handing them, even left hand equipped :sigh:

Maybe this isn't an issue for people in NG+ who have found a second one to equip? Why the gently caress are such normal items made special one per NG snowflakws.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Apr 27, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

a plot that is extremely generic fantasy for this series that i dont care about

See Its easy to tell when people irrationally hate the game because they end up saying stuff that makes zero sense. Calling Dark Souls 2's plot a "generic fantasy" is completely asinine and makes no sense. You can claim to have legitimate criticisms, I've heard them all before, but then you go and say something that shows you're spewing nonsense. Its hard for me to take it seriously. This on top of thinking the game is "pandering" makes you look like a joke.

if you think the game is fun because its easier or whatever, or "PVP is better", thats fine. i just wish people wouldn't get so defensive and scream "ITS A GOOD GAME ITS THE BEST GAME ACTUALLY" when some people say they dont like it and have tons of detailed reasons why, reasons that have been exhaustively covered by many people many times. its ok for both people to have opinions and we don't have to fight like this. when someone says "i dont like dark souls 2" you can just think "ok nbd" instead of having people come out of the woodwork every time to go "ACTUALLY its a great game and the best dark souls :smug:" much like i can just say "nbd" to myself when someone offhandedly mentions enjoying the game, outside of some ridiculous edition war context

Maybe try not randomly saying you dislike the game when nobody is even talking about it then. I don't care about people not liking DS2, but for some reason they always have to be obnoxious about it.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Hamsterlady posted:

I can't wait until humanity eventually dies out.

Isn't that the whole plot of this game? :q:

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
saying dark souls 2 is better than 1 should not only be a bannable offense, you should be thrown in federal prison.

you can say it's a good game that you like, but let's not go that far and say things that are just patently untrue

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

saying dark souls 2 is better than 1 should not only be a bannable offense, you should be thrown in federal prison.

you can say it's a good game that you like, but let's not go that far and say things that are just patently untrue

are you ok

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

When did anybody say that?

Also again its really hypocritical to complain about someone being obnoxious when you're calling people crazy for liking a game you don't.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Pro-tip: It does not matter what other people think. If you find a game fun then play it.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

I don't know. Why is it fun to play, to you? Because, to me, it's not fun to play, because of a ton of extremely poor balance, bad hitboxes, weapon tracking, level, enemy, and world design i dislike, a plot that is extremely generic fantasy for this series that i dont care about, bad animations, encounter design, etc. i dont know. to me, everything about that game comes together to make something that is lesser than the sum of its parts, and the individual parts aren't even good. i can't enjoy a game just because it has a slightly better interface and you can run up ladders.

I like the level/enemy/world design, plot, and encounter design, and haven't seen any problems with the other things you mention (except for some of the balance, that's fair enough). So... uh... so there? I guess I'm sorry your opinions are Objectively Bad

(That's a joke. This poo poo is mad loving subjective, yo)

(Except for the plot complaint, come on, you're just wrong on that one)