Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

In this thread? Probably not. But why would I? Where's the fun in that?

Edit: sanxia is super nice, yeah. But you gotta be kidding me if you think you can get views like this in banqiao, zhonghe, yonghe, sanchong, or luzhou. Really anywhere other than sanxia (mountains) and danshui/bali (mountains and/or river + ocean). Talk about overpriced shitholes!

Actually there are definitely parts of southern Banqiao and Zhonghe where you could totally get that kind of view. Yonghe not so much because that's locked in between districts and Sanchong is a widely acknowledged shithole.

It's also very conspicuous that you didn't decide to include Neihu, Xindian, Muzha, or even Zhongshan and Shilin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
who cares imo!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

*dies of laughter*
don't promise what you won't deliver

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

TetsuoTW posted:

have you ever posted anything that wasn't an at most thinly veiled attempt to boost your own ego?
this should be a bingo square right here, if not the free square

TetsuoTW posted:

It's also very conspicuous that you didn't decide to include Neihu, Xindian, Muzha, or even Zhongshan and Shilin.

but that's where the pitiable city dwellers live *snort* why would anybody want to consort with trash
:goonsay:

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
i'm from southern california, there is not a SINGLE PLACE in the island of taiwan that can match the natural beauty of anywhere within a 20 minute drive from anywhere in california (excepting the inland empire)

taiwan is a butt-ugly country, that's not why i live here

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

please let me show you screenshots of all The Ladies swooning over me

TetsuoTW posted:

Actually there are definitely parts of southern Banqiao and Zhonghe where you could totally get that kind of view. Yonghe not so much because that's locked in between districts and Sanchong is a widely acknowledged shithole.

Look at this guy listing off a bunch of city districts when the topic is places outside of the city. Only place not in Taipei city you listed is xindian, and I have it on good authority from someone who works there that that is an overall shithole as well. Central Bali is just as lovely as the rest, but I don't live there so it's all good.

Gotta get back soon and get my daily pao of my building's first floor outdoor wenquan in.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

i don't know what these words mean, please translate them for me tia

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
愛母給

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

卡可

e: 社會正義戰鬥士

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

必快欸特

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

It's not a great panoramic pic, but, I was a little toasty.

the pointy thing is kinda famourse.

not pictured are the 10 or so people enjoying themselves having beers and bbq just to the left of me.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

url posted:

It's not a great panoramic pic, but, I was a little toasty.

the pointy thing is kinda famourse.

not pictured are the 10 or so people enjoying themselves having beers and bbq just to the left of me.

Yeah, the view from your roof is great. Makes me miss having a view like that.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Oh how I miss Taiwanese BBQ culture. Just nothing quite like it in Thailand.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Here's a legit honest to god befuddling situation.

Used tinder in Taichung for a bit. Mostly university girls used it, and there weren't many. That's fine. Come to Taipei and of course there are tons of girls. Whatever. The weird thing is the scams they are running up here. Had a couple girls try to get me to go halfsies on some products for "big discounts" in Taichung. Up here there are a couple girls who send 10+ wordy messages in the middle of the night to me. Not every night but most nights. Very emotional. Violin music should accompany them. Then they drop in casually somewhere that I should go find them at work and it'll only cost me $8,000. But they totally want to be bf and gf after that. Clearly dirty KTV girls or dudes setting up some muggings. The befuddling thing is how much effort they put in. It's probably mostly copy-pasted stories and whatnot they are sending me, but they definitely are reading and responding to my replies and not mass spamming poo poo. Seems like so much effort to try to scam dudes using Tinder. Oh, and this is all on Line. They move the conversation to Line pretty much asap.

That's my Tinder in Taipei story. Maybe I'll post a series of pics for one night's messages so those of you who read Chinese can see how weird these girls are.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Those are prostitutes, and the effort is very much not by choice.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Pandemonium posted:

Then they drop in casually somewhere that I should go find them at work and it'll only cost me $8,000. But they totally want to be bf and gf after that.

:allears:

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

You would think they'd have more success being overtly sexual instead of sending walls of messages about how they drink too much and are always tired and want a good man. Or do Taiwanese guys respond better when hookers damsel themselves? *it's a mystery*

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

This seem about right so far?

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Yeah, except I already won. Went horizontally across the middle. Sorry, bruh.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

That's p par for the course in east asia. P much my experience in HK, China and Thailand casually swiping on dating apps like that.

I quickly checked and Tantan seems to be growing in Taiwan which makes no sense since it's literally just tinder without Facebook integration made for the Chinese market. Maybe you could check that out for a laugh?

Momo is even weirder cause instead of just prostitutes you get (profiles claiming to be) women who go "man I can invest in gold so good I'll give you like a 100% return in 60 days! If that's too risky how about corn futures?????"

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Pandemonium posted:

err bingo plays for 4 corners in a block, then a line, then a full house

normally 6 blocks of 3 x 5 for a total of 90 numbers, you can choose how many blocks you want to play, usally a half card or a full card. (kids play a half because they panic finding the numbers and stuff)

jus' sayin'

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

i would have put that in the south park reference, bruh

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Pandemonium posted:

Or do Taiwanese guys respond better when hookers damsel themselves? *it's a mystery*

People like plausible deniability.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
I'd post the view from my building but it might have hookers in it which would just confuse our can't read faces friend.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

url posted:

i would have put that in the south park reference, bruh
yeah I guess it's valid to interpret that as "the answer's in the middle"

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Man I really love how cute the Taipei times' Tsai is compared to their old caricature of Ma.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/PAqBwSZ.jpg

Kitchen view.

http://i.imgur.com/t1smuNW.jpg

Bathroom view with a bit of the tub in there at the bottom for good measure.

You should be able to see the bike path down below that I run on most days. My cardio is taken care of, but I still gotta find a gym. Probably the one and only lovely thing about my area.

Also, lol at Spanish Matlock conflating finding certain prostitution texts weird with autism. Reach more, please.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Pandemonium posted:

Kitchen view.

You should be able to see the bike path down below that I run on most days. My cardio is taken care of, but I still gotta find a gym. Probably the one and only lovely thing about my area.

Also, lol at Spanish Matlock conflating finding certain prostitution texts weird with autism. Reach more, please.

Nice. Even if my current place isn't so nice I really like being so close to the river and the sports center. It's great to have stuff like that so close and easy to get to.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Spanish Matlock posted:

Man I really love how cute the Taipei times' Tsai is compared to their old caricature of Ma.

I mean it's probably not helped by the fact that it looks like Ma's been taking millisecond-long peeks into the Ark of the Covenant every couple of weeks for the past eight years.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Also if you work at the Times your deep hatred for Ma permeates everything you do.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pandemonium posted:

You would think they'd have more success being overtly sexual instead of sending walls of messages about how they drink too much and are always tired and want a good man. Or do Taiwanese guys respond better when hookers damsel themselves? *it's a mystery*

I'd say you're on the mark. There are enough people that want to "save" the girls. I've done a lot of work for events with show girls at them(not clubs), and I know a lot of these girls professionally vs. tried to hit on them. A decent number of show girls do webcam shows and poo poo like that on the side. Some of them trick on the side. None of this is groundbreaking news, I'm sure, but most of these girls aren't being forced or anything. The catch is that they make MORE money by NOT sleeping with their mark. I knew a girl a few years back that was given over 200k by some guy, also an Audi and a bunch of whatever jewelry, clothes and poo poo. He never got laid over a 6 month period. She blew him off when he finally said "hey let's have sex, maybe", because he wasn't the only guy supporting her. This is far from the only story like that, but definitely the most successful I heard/can verify.

When you're doing work for like, totally a legit business, guys a not so subtle front, you hear a lot of interesting poo poo. At one point, I was close to a girl who worked in a supposedly very high class 酒店. That's where you'll find a high number of girls being forced into working, usually to pay off a family member's debt. The girl I knew was just doing it to make money. She said she was picked a lot, probably because she didn't look broken and depressed as gently caress, and was making 40k a week minimum. That is not including money for being taken out. She told me that sometimes guys would buy all of her time, and then take her out shopping or for massages or whatever. No sex. Sometimes she'd get even more piles of cash just by telling the guy she wanted whatever thing, or that she's saving up to open her own business.

also fwiw I think your view is pretty great, although I'd probably still opt to be in the city proper

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

My friend used to live out in 安坑. It was a real nice place with a good view of the mountains, but it was mostly his wife keeping him away from booze and fun and people.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Yeah I got another mate out that way who straight-up bought a house and it's a nice, cozy neighborhood with an actual sense of community and p nice views. There's a lot to be said for living in the sticks, but after having spent 19 years in way nicer sticks than anywhere I've seen here, I think I'm good for a few years yet.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

TetsuoTW posted:

Yeah I got another mate out that way who straight-up bought a house and it's a nice, cozy neighborhood with an actual sense of community and p nice views. There's a lot to be said for living in the sticks, but after having spent 19 years in way nicer sticks than anywhere I've seen here, I think I'm good for a few years yet.

i'm almost tempted to do trump cards on Denmark vs. NZ.

Pandemonium posted:

Kitchen view.

I'm 100% sure I knw the area you're in, I've never stopped there though.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

url posted:

i'm almost tempted to do trump cards on Denmark vs. NZ.
If Norway was in any way representative of the region, I think we could reasonably call that one a draw.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Northeast PA gives you all a run for the money.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

TetsuoTW posted:

If Norway was in any way representative of the region, I think we could reasonably call that one a draw.

Way richer beacuse of the North Sea oil (and sensible investment of the funds), and a much more "singy" version of the swedish chef - but yeah, much of a muchness if you're not splitting hairs.
All in all, yeah, at firtst glance, I'd call it be a draw.

That said, you being all pacific gives you a distinct warm weather advantage, and you can play rugby, but, most importantly, you speak god's own language as your mother tongue.

:argh: you win this round

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Spanish Matlock posted:

Northeast PA gives you all a run for the money.

i really wish I knew more about US geography

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lokk
Nov 18, 2005
i'm legit.
hello i am from pingtung and my chinese isn't that good. i throw stickyballs a lot and drink a lot as well. here's the view from my bathroom.

Only registered members can see post attachments!