Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Protection has made GW really loving awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Anyone else feel like the last bit of health in the health bar is exaggerating or something? I keep finishing dudes off when I don't expect to be able to yet.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
It has because it practically doubles the amount of time it takes to get through, if they cut the number of nodes in half, and doubled up the rewards it might actually be a positive thing because there is potential for more strategy with protection. As it is, it just feels like to much of a slog to be any fun.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

kaschei posted:

Anyone else feel like the last bit of health in the health bar is exaggerating or something? I keep finishing dudes off when I don't expect to be able to yet.

Yeah, the last 5-10%ish of the health bar doesn't actually exist. It's definitely bugged, but noone seems to be talking about it so I dunno how long it'll take them to sort it out.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

kaschei posted:

Protection has made GW really loving awful
GW is tremendously unfun now, even moreso than before. And now the guild bullshit makes you run it back to back some days :suicide:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Reminder that for guild tasks today you want to save all your Hard Modes that you can until after the guild task resets (and complete as much GW as you can stomach before then)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I have discovered a vile, vile person. Their GW team is Dooku, Sid, Lumi, QGJ, GS.

I would complain more, but I've definitely finished out a round with a Dooku led DPS team, but that's usually because someone already killed my healers.

Such a slog right now. Next up, all 7*, all 75, all purple, Phasma, Fives, Poggle, Kylo, Sid. In case you were wondering, his kylo has 36k HP + Protection, fives has 30k, Phasma has 24k, and Poggle has 18k. That's an absurd health pool to fight through. DPS suicide squad is a go.

My go to GW clear team right now is Barris (L), QGJ, Daka, Dooku, Lumi, and I rarely have to reset a match, let alone pull out a suicide squad. People are intentionally finishing their fight with a poo poo-on-you squad lately, and it's pissing me off. GW is the least fun aspect of this game, while being the most (or second most) important, whether or not you need GW shards for something.

I moved things around in the spreadsheet a bit -- note I didn't sort, just moved rows. I left the people in QGJ without SA names at the bottom because they probably won't last long, but aside from those three spots, it looks like QGJ is full. I'm impressed we already have more than 100 guild members, good work.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Apr 27, 2016

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008
Heh, today is the first day in a long time I even bothered to finish the Galactic Chore. Thank you Barris you beautiful noodle wielding goddess.

And Dooku led teams are just awful. Sliver of health left, easy kill? Nope, Evade, Offense Up, repeat fours times in a row. Nerf him some more!

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Malgrin posted:

I have discovered a vile, vile person. Their GW team is Dooku, Sid, Lumi, QGJ, GS.

Now replace Sid with gear 9 RG and Lumi with Rey and see how you beat that :shepicide:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Now replace Sid with gear 9 RG and Lumi with Rey and see how you beat that :shepicide:

Usually not without losing a hero or two.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Yup. I see this about once a week, and it is just as unpleasant. I usually run Barris (L), Dooku, Daka, RG, QGJ when I have to face a team like that. It does make GW pretty unfun though.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Ok so since I am done with Jedi teams due to all the antijedi stuff I am starting a new team. How does phasma(L), 5's, rg, daka, lumi sound? (This team would need some work as they are all 5-6* but low level avg 55ish)

I also have HK/88/86 all 6*, and a bunch of other half leveled toons(tried full night sisters for a while). I need to settle into something way less frustrating than Jedi. Feel free to suggest any FTP possible teams I may have a lot of them unlocked and half leveled lol. Just no duku or sid, I hate seeing them so much I don't want to play them.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

xyigx posted:

Ok so since I am done with Jedi teams due to all the antijedi stuff I am starting a new team. How does phasma(L), 5's, rg, daka, lumi sound? (This team would need some work as they are all 5-6* but low level avg 55ish)
Awful. You need more DPS to take out threats, all you have are some stuns. If you want to step up with a stun team replace fives with Hoth Rebel Scout. (And lumi with dooku).

I actually use lando greedo phasma daka rg. With those 2 DPS, Daka just stuns until rg is dead - I hardly ever need to heal because DPS gets poo poo done.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Some officer in IGD just kicked off our tier 5 raid. I first ran it with Dooku/Lumi/QGJ/RG/GS which seemed to work pretty well, as I did 200K+ damage. After that, I ran Phasma/Sid/Rey/Barris/EK, which only was able to do 100K or so. Then my remaining scrub 5* team did like 2,000 damage and I was out of 5*+ guys. Having RG and Dooku to stun the helper guards was super nice, if you can't off them quickly they hit like a ton of bricks.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

kaschei posted:

Awful. You need more DPS to take out threats, all you have are some stuns. If you want to step up with a stun team replace fives with Hoth Rebel Scout. (And lumi with dooku).

I actually use lando greedo phasma daka rg. With those 2 DPS, Daka just stuns until rg is dead - I hardly ever need to heal because DPS gets poo poo done.

Hmmm I like the second one, it will take a lot longer since I don't have lando unlocked, and greedo is just been unlocked. Welp I guess I will just start the farming and slowly sub them in over the Jedi.

Also what kind of team would the gamorian guard work for? Wasn't the jawa engi supposed to be out as well?

xyigx fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Apr 27, 2016

1-600-DOCTORB
Nov 29, 2004

Side effects may include gopherism, multi-brow, and tracheal meerkat colonies
Pillbug
Hit level 75 today, and I got Daka to 7* this morning. I'm not sure where to put cantina bux now; I already have QGJ at 7* too. I have Poe halfway to five stars, so that's one option. Or, I can hoard them in hopes that someone else useful gets added to the shop like QGJ was.

I don't post much, but a belated thanks for the guild invite!

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
For how long is the raid open, 24 hours?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

xyigx posted:

Hmmm I like the second one, it will take a lot longer since I don't have lando unlocked, and greedo is just been unlocked. Welp I guess I will just start the farming and slowly sub them in over the Jedi.
Not saying you should copy me - lando aoe is nice and Greedo is good but rey+some other DPS (probably geo soldier, hrs maybe) and phasma leader is probably better because rey is sooooo good.

kaschei fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Apr 27, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

For how long is the raid open, 24 hours?

I think until we beat it. The Tier 7 one has a 48 hour limit. After the guild activity reset you get 5 more battles and you get all your dead characters back available to attack (like GW)

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Dead on Arrival posted:

Heh, today is the first day in a long time I even bothered to finish the Galactic Chore. Thank you Barris you beautiful noodle wielding goddess.

And Dooku led teams are just awful. Sliver of health left, easy kill? Nope, Evade, Offense Up, repeat fours times in a row. Nerf him some more!

Am I wrong or, when his turn meter is full, can Dooku sometimes get 4 straight attacks? Counter, bonus, sometimes the bonus attack procs another bonus?, and then his normal turn attack.

Seems a little extreme, no?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Nice, stole retribution from kylo, put it on all my dudes and then sid aoe attacked my jedi squad. He got reamed.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Did four rancor attempts. 50% damage from my eeth (L), yoda, QGJ team. Being able to dispell the taunt and having tenacity to resist shatterpoint were key.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
The raid is interesting, I found that Dakka was huge in dealing with the two side guards as she was stunning them pretty consistently and rezzing my dps that dropped during the fight. I don't even have her at 7 stars and she was more effective than my higher level / 7 star units.

I kept focusing down the side guards before attacking the main guy but I'm wondering if I should just wait to attack them until they do their taunt instead since the only damage that matters is on the central guard.

CaptainAssholay fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Apr 27, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

CaptainAssholay posted:

The raid is interesting, I found that Dakka was huge in dealing with the two side guards as she was stunning them pretty consistently and rezzing my dps that dropped during the fight. I don't even have her at 7 stars and she was more effective than my higher level / 7 star units.

Found the same. I did so much damage my first attempt because of her. Way less the second.

korofrog
Dec 15, 2006
smell my face!!!

MarcusSA posted:

Oh god drat it gently caress this new shipment store. They are assholes for doing this poo poo.

I just blew 1k crystals on god knows what.

Yeah, I did the same thing as well...

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Oh god drat it gently caress this new shipment store. They are assholes for doing this poo poo.

I just blew 1k crystals on god knows what.

Yeah, I looked at my count the other day and it was ~1k lower than it had been earlier in the day. :bang:

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Squad 1: eeth, qgj, yoda (defence, dispell, tenacity)

Squad 2: dooku, daka, asajj, FOST (evasion, stun, dispell, shatterpoint clear)

Squad 3: phasma, obi-wan, mace, RG (assist, offense down, ability block, dispell, shatterpoint clear)

Squad 4: teebo, resistance pilot (dispell, expose)

Who else can dispell taunt?

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Apr 27, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Teebo, mace, plo, sun fac can all dispel.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I just got us to phase two. Don't accidentally AE the side door when you don't mean to!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

two_step posted:

Some officer in IGD just kicked off our tier 5 raid. I first ran it with Dooku/Lumi/QGJ/RG/GS which seemed to work pretty well, as I did 200K+ damage. After that, I ran Phasma/Sid/Rey/Barris/EK, which only was able to do 100K or so. Then my remaining scrub 5* team did like 2,000 damage and I was out of 5*+ guys. Having RG and Dooku to stun the helper guards was super nice, if you can't off them quickly they hit like a ton of bricks.

Welp, just blew my load on 3 attempts and got like 350k damage. That was in 3 squads... my first attempt was shitted up by not having things like QGJ to dispell taunts and... thinking that if I killed the guards they'd be gone forever.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Rumor on swgoh.gg is that special damage resets devour cooldown & provokes a counter. Devour starts on a 6 turn CD.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

cowofwar posted:

Did four rancor attempts. 50% damage from my eeth (L), yoda, QGJ team. Being able to dispell the taunt and having tenacity to resist shatterpoint were key.

You mean the shatterpoint from the Gamorrean Captain? The Details tab says it canīt be resisted (though it would totally not surprise me if that were not the case).

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
Since they seemed to fix targeting and QGJ will use his dispel on a enemy that has a buff now, does anyone know if they made it so that Mace will now target a unit that is exposed from his shatterpoint during auto mode?

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

CaptainAssholay posted:

Since they seemed to fix targeting and QGJ will use his dispel on a enemy that has a buff now, does anyone know if they made it so that Mace will now target a unit that is exposed from his shatterpoint during auto mode?

I have fought several Maces, none of which ever attacked the characters they exposed.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
My loving word, but we spanked the GW challenge today.

The max goal is 600, which divided by 50 guild members is 12 per, meaning we each only need to complete ONE galactic war (12 nodes) to max out the tiers.

I did 35 nodes :chord:

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Finally got in touch with live support and got my name changed from Mol Eliza :v:

Life is so much easier with level 60+ goon allies to help me nuke through challenges, et al.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Reminder for folks who might have missed it earlier: hold off doing hard fights until after the guild activity rollover.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

Reminder for folks who might have missed it earlier: hold off doing hard fights until after the guild activity rollover.

Damnit, I already hit my 6 stormtrooper nodes.

GOTTACATCHEMALL!!!! YEAH, TINY RICK!

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Hey so QGJ's turn meter removal works really well on the rancor. Along with speed down, the rancor was taking way fewer turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Just going to go ahead and say that if/when we hit the currency required for raids in QGJ, any officer should feel free to start it up or coordinate with people in the guild to determine a time.

I'm going to be pretty tied up the next couple of days.

• Locked thread