Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

SlipUp posted:

The fact they got leaked as "reshoots" means that the longer action sequences explanation is probably true. If they were adding more lines it'd be a rewrite and if they were specifically adding comedy after the fact it would've been called a punch up.

Does telling yourself that help you sleep or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

quote:

Jared Leto goes onto talk about the character as though he is a person removed from the actor himself. He insists that he wasn't present for the shoot.
it went beyond acting- he was possessed by the spirit of the psychotic killer clown, an earthly avatar of the comic book character himself, who used leto's body as a vessel to make a calculator say "boobs" (if you turn it upside down)

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

SlipUp posted:

The fact they got leaked as "reshoots" means that the longer action sequences explanation is probably true. If they were adding more lines it'd be a rewrite and if they were specifically adding comedy after the fact it would've been called a punch up.

Show me the slightest hint in any of the trailers that anyone involved in the making of this movie has the level of understanding of the process that you are giving them credit for.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, that wacky Leto.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Say Nothing posted:

Oh, that wacky Leto.

I wish they'd done a movie adaptation of this book instead of making BvS

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Cubone posted:

it went beyond acting- he was possessed by the spirit of the psychotic killer clown, an earthly avatar of the comic book character himself, who used leto's body as a vessel to make a calculator say "boobs" (if you turn it upside down)

You don't turn a calculator upside down to spell BOOBS you halfwit., it is literally just 80085

Thanks for the pre-k quality post, you really aren't smarter than a fifth grader

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

What is Atom trying to do :catstare:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zzulu posted:

What is Atom trying to do :catstare:

making GBS threads in Hawkman's sandwich is a time honoured JLA prank

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Toadvine posted:

You don't turn a calculator upside down to spell BOOBS you halfwit., it is literally just 80085

Thanks for the pre-k quality post, you really aren't smarter than a fifth grader
any right thinking individual would easily recognize that was autocorrected from "boobless"

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Cubone posted:

any right thinking individual would easily recognize that was autocorrected from "boobless"

Sorry, I did and still do prefer 80085 to 8008L355

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Jared Leto runs onto the set of suicide squad with a calculator displaying "80085". He thrusts it in the face of the cast and crew before mincing away, giggling behind a gloved hand.

"This really crossed the line. He's a complete madman," says co-star Margot Robbie. "I'm afraid he's losing himself in the role."

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Cubone posted:

ok to be fair you cant spell 8008135 without turning the calculator upside down, and 8008135 is a much funnier word

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Does telling yourself that help you sleep or something?

I don't really care either way about comic book movies, I'm just a movie fan in general. Just pointing out what the terminology actually means. You seem a lot more invested than I am in any case.

Frankenstyle posted:

Show me the slightest hint in any of the trailers that anyone involved in the making of this movie has the level of understanding of the process that you are giving them credit for.

I assume they know how to use their words right, considering most of the crew are professionals doing a job with almost no investment in the source material.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Man... Jared leto is such a fuckin dweeb

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

shiksa posted:

Man... Jared leto is such a fuckin dweeb

Just like the real Joker would be!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What if Jared Leto is good as the joker? What then?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Zzulu posted:

What if Jared Leto is good as the joker? What then?

ICP signs a record breaking contract with DC to develop new characters

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
it looks good from the trailer and I'm not kidding.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
I admit the promo shots looked stupid but when I just now googled "suicide squad trailer" the one I wached made me want to see the film. Sorry.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

shiksa posted:

ICP signs a record breaking contract with DC to develop new characters

If the entire movie was just an extended infomercial for their latest album then I would watch the hell out of it.

freethought
Feb 24, 2011

Toadvine posted:

ok to be fair you cant spell 8008135 without turning the calculator upside down, and 8008135 is a much funnier word

I think you mean 80087355 (Well technically 55378008 but that's upside down).

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

making GBS threads in Hawkman's sandwich is a time honoured JLA prank

Haha, classic atom.

We all really miss him

naem
May 29, 2011

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

naem posted:

lol I've never seen that one before, nice

are you... are you the joker

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

freethought posted:

I think you mean 80087355 (Well technically 55378008 but that's upside down).

Nah man, BOOBIES

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I heard Jared Leto shot a man just to watch him die.

naem
May 29, 2011

SciFiDownBeat posted:

lol I've never seen that one before, nice

are you... are you the joker

55318008 heh heh heh *mails you a pig*

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

naem posted:

55318008 heh heh heh *mails you a pig*

you just outed yourself leto, you idiot, haha

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

psylock looks awful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfBVIHgQbYk

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

When has Psylock ever not looked awful?

Watching that trailer, this exchange kinda bothers me:

"he always has 4 followers"

"Like the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse :downs: "

What? That's the first thing you are thinking of when you hear that a guy has four underlings? Not like, "Like the Three Stooges, but with one more guy!"

Or maybe they already knew he calls himself Apocalypse, which would make that comment double :downs: .

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What's that by your foot.....

Is it the script?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Grendels Dad posted:

Watching that trailer, this exchange kinda bothers me:

"he always has 4 followers"

"Like the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse :downs: "

What? That's the first thing you are thinking of when you hear that a guy has four underlings? Not like, "Like the Three Stooges, but with one more guy!"

Or maybe they already knew he calls himself Apocalypse, which would make that comment double :downs: .

I like the first teaser trailer where they add "He got that one from the Bible?" "Or the Bible got it from him."

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Olivia Munn is terrible, and it is beyond me that she gets any work. Its like she is just ethnic enough to be exotic, but also dull and boring enough for middle America.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I like the first teaser trailer where they add "He got that one from the Bible?" "Or the Bible got it from him."

I would have preferred "He got that one from WCW?" "Or WCW got it from him." The movie does take place in the 90s, right?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I love the x men series way more than all the Mcu stuff but apocalypse looks AWFUL

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Apocalypse looks like a fashion model in Zoolander.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Apocalypse looks like a rejected design of the Engineers from Prometheus.

Apocalypse looks like an aborted Avatar.

Apocalypse looks like Poe Dameron joined the Blue Man Group.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Human Crouton posted:

Apocalypse looks like a fashion model in Zoolander.

Looks like someone took blue steel a little too literally

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mange Mite posted:

Looks like someone took blue steel a little too literally

:whoa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
No wonder people hate mutants so much in the original xmen movies. They're killing our workers and launching our nukes.

This is all a prequel story to the 2000 xmen movie with Patrick Stewart Xavier, right? Hugh Jackman appeared briefly in one of the previous films.

• Locked thread