Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Linguica posted:

can't wait for the reactions to apple's first revenue decline since 2003 :getin:

expectations are lovely and the se has sold better than expected. any stock movement will come from the q3 guidance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

poty posted:

expectations are lovely and the se has sold better than expected. any stock movement will come from the q3 guidance

no se sales in this quarter, it ends March 25 or something weird like that

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

stock's down 5% after hours and falling

Good thing my cost basis is $6

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol u always forget how tiny mac sales actually are

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

zen death robot posted:

no mention of watch sales so that clearly wasn't a bright spot or they would have mentioned that for sure

if watch sales were something to crow about they would definitely have had numbers at the last keynote

they didn't

so

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

zen death robot posted:

PC sales fell by 10% worldwide last quarter, according to Gartner. Apple had been outpacing the overall industry, but this is the second straight quarter in which Mac sales performed worse than the overall PC market.
Mac sales were relatively abysmal, badly missing Wall Street analysts' expectations. They expected 600,000 more Macs to be sold during the quarter.

maybe they could look at taking the macbook air, their best selling model of all time, and putting a better screen in it? just an idea

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
maybe they could loving update the rmbp with a new cpu and maybe some loving ram

smdh 16gb with no 32 bto

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

cook is gonna be gone as ceo in a year or two if this keeps up cause he's not good at it. the next ceo should be craig, who is cool and good.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

why am i prompted to add a device to icloud keychain daily on both my ipad and macbook pro

and especially why does this continue happen when i enter PWs/texted codes and/or click "not now"

Puppy Galaxy fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 26, 2016

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

maybe they could look at taking the macbook air, their best selling model of all time, and putting a better screen in it? just an idea
or they could take it and reduce the already inadequate number of ports, and change the kind of port while theyre at it

yeah

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Puppy Galaxy posted:

why am i prompted to add a device to icloud keychain daily on both my ipad and macbook pro

and especially why does this happen when i enter PWs/texted codes

bc tim is horribly mismanaging things

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

qirex posted:

that poo poo still use a garbage tn screen?

ed: yup still does

"The MacBook Air 13 has a TN type display where the MacBook Pro and new MacBook have IPS screens, the same kind you’d see on a tablet or phone."

:tbear:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lmaoi a tn display in 2016

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Celexi posted:

lmaoi a tn display in 2016

people like to say how it's a "good tn". I have a 2010 macbook air right here with the same display. looks like piss

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

somebody pull of that "friday night motherfucker" thing with the macbook air. the shade of green is all off and washed out looking

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
lol who wears a watch these days?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Puppy Galaxy posted:

and especially why does this continue happen when i enter PWs/texted codes and/or click "not now"

icloud and apple security is actually a trashfire

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Wheany posted:

tbh, i'm actually kind of jealous of you being able to spend 15k on a totally useless item.

Don't be, the functionality is exactly the same as the Sport. Plus they don't make matching bands so you are SOL if you're not Bey or Ye.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

My Linux Rig posted:

lol who wears a watch these days?

women and old men, and douchebags

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Dislike button posted:

women and old men, and douchebags

hey I'm not a doucheb-
*realizes I'm old*

evilcat
May 16, 2009

akadajet posted:

people like to say how it's a "good tn". I have a 2010 macbook air right here with the same display. looks like piss

The only way a good TN seems to exist is if someone has only ever used a monitor from 1998, or they're used to a 200Hz 'gaming' panel that sacrifices everything for speed.
Considering it's the year 666 + 666 + 666 + 6 + 6 + 6 you would think we would finally have OLED laptops from the places trying to market themselves as boutique brands and be done with screens that can still be comparable to CRTs of the same size in power consumed.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

triple sulk posted:

cook is gonna be gone as ceo in a year or two if this keeps up cause he's not good at it. the next ceo should be craig, who is cool and good.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

there are a lot of tech that can make tn screen better and the one in mba is as good as it get and almost comparable to the ips panels in certain metrics eg. contrast ratio beating the older ips 15" mbp and delta e of ~2.3 compare to 1.95 on the 13" rmbp

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Encrypted posted:

there are a lot of tech that can make tn screen better and the one in mba is as good as it get and almost comparable to the ips panels in certain metrics eg. contrast ratio beating the older ips 15" mbp and delta e of ~2.3 compare to 1.95 on the 13" rmbp

um no. it's poo poo.

Hemick
Mar 4, 2007

Puppy Galaxy posted:

one of your devices has that poo poo on and it's going to keep prompting every time it attempts to do the second factor of authentication.

if you don't see Advanced on Settings > iCloud > Keychain, it's not authorized, and you probably want to turn it off on that device (or authorize it)

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

evilcat posted:

The only way a good TN seems to exist is if someone has only ever used a monitor from 1998, or they're used to a 200Hz 'gaming' panel that sacrifices everything for speed.
Considering it's the year 666 + 666 + 666 + 6 + 6 + 6 you would think we would finally have OLED laptops from the places trying to market themselves as boutique brands and be done with screens that can still be comparable to CRTs of the same size in power consumed.

does OLED still massively degrade in like 5 years or did they fix that

maybe i'm thinking of AMOLED

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

computer parts posted:

You're probably thinking about the Batman vs Superman movie you loving freak.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
the biggest problem with Apple is why the gently caress would you buy a non-skylake machine

UPDATE THE CPU FFS

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
and of course the explosion of netbook ultra books have real lowered the bar to entry

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

i'm jealous of the ability, but not the chosen useless item. especially since it looks worse than the $600 version of the same item.

envious.. not jealous.. lets correct this in prepertion for 2017!!!!

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
rip Apple I guess

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Smythe posted:

You're probably thinking about the Batman vs Superman movie you loving freak.

i literally lolled at this post

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
maybe if they re-re-release the iphone 5s it will fix apple

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

computer parts posted:

oleds still degrade, but not nearly as fast. the bigger issue is that different subpixels degrade at different rates, but still probably not fast enough that you'll notice a difference in even an extended phone lifetime. tvs have solved this by putting white oleds behind a colored filter.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

wtf lol Firefox updated to the new version and now text looks like this on a Mac. Thanks Tim and, uh, Dr. Mozilla

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Linguica posted:

wtf lol Firefox updated to the new version and now text looks like this on a Mac. Thanks Tim and, uh, Dr. Mozilla

use safari

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Linguica posted:

there's an about :config option to disable that but i forget what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i'm sad cremnob got probed, i was really looking forward to his spin on how yesterday's numbers are in fact good for apple

• Locked thread