Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lizard Wizard posted:

someone seems to have replaced your av with a bad one.

thats not really a response to stellaris coming out but ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What's so exciting about stellaris

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a new paradox game so it will be awesome

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Concept art for a canceled Jak 4 (or possible reboot?) was moving in a less x-treme direction, but sadly it will never be: https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/01/jak-and-daxter-4-concept-art-jak-4/
Reminds me of the early Epic Mickey concept art that never was:

I'd play Beksinski's Mickey Mouse any day.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That concept art was cool but never gonna fly with Disney

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What happened with that game anyway? I know there were production issues and it wound up sucking, but the early concept stuff was great.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

The Bloodborne thread is good because I'm actually okay at that game and can give new people advice :(

I think it's also because a lot of people who played Bloodborne and post in there seemed to not have played a souls game before. Different vibe

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

I think it's also because a lot of people who played Bloodborne and post in there seemed to not have played a souls game before. Different vibe

That and the relative lack of people invested in the PvP side

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Golden Goat posted:

Poise is the new Adaptability.

Someone liked adaptability?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

More in that it's a hot topic.

I want to try Star Fox Coop later to see if it handles any better.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6urJejluX44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjGs8pmA7l8

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Snak posted:

I really don't like the idea that North Korea becomes a first world power but they are still evil because they are North Korea. That's hosed up.

I think they're evil because they're controlled by Big Corporation (tm). PMCs have become the ethically "safe" enemy to kill en-masse in videogames, but they still want to link it to the first Homefront for some reason which is why they're specifically a North Korean company-state. I'll bet you anything that one of your allies will be an NK resistance fighter to show that they aren't all bad.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FactsAreUseless posted:

What happened with that game anyway? I know there were production issues and it wound up sucking, but the early concept stuff was great.
they made it and it seemed like nobody cared, but it actually did well enough that they made another one.

you're not missing out on anything, but if you find one of them in a bargain bin they're not the worst games ever

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
also i dont care if nobody else appreciates it, georgie c always makes me laugh

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

corn in the bible posted:

That's why I watched the movie double down last night, Neil Breen makes me laugh and no one appreciates him. thanks for reminding me

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

corn in the bible posted:

Those shorts are the most I've ever enjoyed Seinfeld.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The future of gaming is catscares.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

FactsAreUseless posted:

I thought that Epic Mickey was alright. Not even close to the quality of the concept art but enjoyable. The sequel sucked though.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Jay Rust posted:

What's so exciting about stellaris

grand strategy in the grandest of places (space)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That is pretty exciting

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Wasn't it Warren Specter or somebody who was initially behind it? As I recall, their focus-testing found that people didn't respond well to this weird dark Disney take and they wanted more classic Mickey elements to it.

So they made a sort of okay but not that okay platformer game in an era where 3-D platformers were not highly desired.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
:lol: at Nintendo delaying Zelda to release for NX. Maybe they think that's why the Wii sold so well and are trying to recapture that.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

axleblaze posted:

:lol: at Nintendo delaying Zelder to release for NX. Maybe they think that's why the Wii sold so well and are trying to recapture that.

They probably just don't want to waste a giant Zelda game they've worked on for years on a console that's already been deemed a failure.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

They probably just don't want to waste a giant Zelda game they've worked on for years on a console that's already been deemed a failure.

Still baffling, the Wii U has had some great releases steadily coming out the past two years and it still couldn't keep up with the competition. Console gaming is dying.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Not really. No matter how good they are, one developer can't prop up an entire console.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Still baffling, the Wii U has had some great releases steadily coming out the past two years and it still couldn't keep up with the competition. Console gaming is dying.
If you can only own one console and don't have an allegiance to Nintendo, which one are you gonna buy?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I took a quick look at the ds3 thread and will continue my policy of enjoying souls games without reading the souls threads here. Man what a train wreck.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

bloodychill posted:

I took a quick look at the ds3 thread and will continue my policy of enjoying souls games without reading the souls threads here. Man what a train wreck.

my favorite was the guy who, seemingly unprompted, got incredibly angry at the very idea of somebody liking demon's souls too much.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Please make our game's cover look like it's an absolute garbage shovelware title that will make people who wanted to buy the other game it's bundled with actually reconsider and throw it back into the Wal-Mart bargain bin. Thanks.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Palpek posted:

Please make our game's cover look like it's an absolute garbage shovelware title that will make people who wanted to buy the other game it's bundled with actually reconsider and throw it back into the Wal-Mart bargain bin. Thanks.
On the other hand, it doesn't have the fat guys who probably actually play darts

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Palpek posted:

Motherfucker it's a video game of darts. I'm surprised it took them till the third try to put some tits on the cover.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Palpek posted:

I agree but also a friendly reminder:

What I'm saying is that subtlety and nuance is not the biggest strength of CoD-like FPS games' devs.

yeah that game was a mess. their was great article on how hosed the dev cycle was for it. like how the writer didnt write poo poo and just put his name on it and some poor studio dude got saddled with all of it. the north korea idea came from retarded ideas man who wrote for a bunch of poo poo movies no one liked. the game got redone and rushed like 3 times so it was hosed.

the new one seems to be basicaly rebooting the brand as far cry clone. Plus i want to see how decent phille looks.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/173660/kaos_descends_how_homefronts_.php

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/1/3560318/homefront-kaos-studios-thq

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 27, 2016

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think pro darts players are allowed to drink beer at competitions. It's as sport-like as an e-sport

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can drink beer at eSports events

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yes that is my point

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Performance enhancing tequila allowed in esports

Motto posted:

my favorite was the guy who, seemingly unprompted, got incredibly angry at the very idea of somebody liking demon's souls too much.

How dare people enjoy or not enjoy the first entry in the series this game is for! How dare them

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 27, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Yes that is my point

I thought you said aren't, oops

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CrashCat posted:

If you can only own one console and don't have an allegiance to Nintendo, which one are you gonna buy?

The 360.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
i hope everybody is having a good day today

• Locked thread