Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

orangelex44 posted:

gently caress the Ammoconda. I don't know what it is about that specific boss, but I just can't get my brain to wrap around it. No matter how good the run is I get hit 3-5 times. Gatling Gull is another one that people claim is easy, but I just can never manage to flawless - especially the times where there's no cover.

For the Gull, just make big circles around him and dodge roll in the direction you're making the circle. You can out run most of his bullets.

For the ammoconda, just try to burn it as fast as you can and stay away from it. I don't worry about the orb things unless i know i can kill them quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

If you have the firepower then blow up the ammoconda balls before he eats them. It makes the fight much quicker and the ammoconda keeps to a much simpler pattern.

I had no idea he ate them. The few times I've gotten him I've just stayed as far away from him as possible to have as much time to dodge as I can get and just pelt him while he's on the edges of my screen.

Which led to this rude screenshot

I was near the bottom of the room and the lower wall was just off screen, this thing bounced off the wall off screen and was on screen for like a whole second before it hit me.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Does the bullet character not have a past? It looks like bullet hell is the way to go for it.

Also how many guns will that red muncher in bullet hell even eat?? I ran into it in a secret room that a blank accidentally revealed and threw all 6 of my empty guns in there and the thing was still going :stare:

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Digirat posted:

Does the bullet character not have a past? It looks like bullet hell is the way to go for it.

Also how many guns will that red muncher in bullet hell even eat?? I ran into it in a secret room that a blank accidentally revealed and threw all 6 of my empty guns in there and the thing was still going :stare:

The Bullet and the Robot do not have a past.
The red Muncher takes a ~Random~ amount of guns.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

orangelex44 posted:

gently caress the Ammoconda. I don't know what it is about that specific boss, but I just can't get my brain to wrap around it. No matter how good the run is I get hit 3-5 times. Gatling Gull is another one that people claim is easy, but I just can never manage to flawless - especially the times where there's no cover.

I have no strategy whatsoever for Ammoconda. She seems totally random. The orbs take a ton of firepower to kill, seems like a waste of time. It's hard to even move the camera towards her, there's so much poo poo around you to dodge.

Gatling Gull has exactly one dangerous attack: the random bullet spray, but if you're too close you might just be hosed, aside from using a blank. It gets lovely when he jumps in a way that forces you up against a wall.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

My understanding of the red muncher is it takes 10 guns over as many playthroughs as it takes, and then gives you the gunslinger's ashes the first time, or an S tier gun on following runs. So basically throw any crap guns you have to it at the end of bullet hell and maybe get a lich killing gun on another run.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Zorodius posted:

I have no strategy whatsoever for Ammoconda. She seems totally random. The orbs take a ton of firepower to kill, seems like a waste of time. It's hard to even move the camera towards her, there's so much poo poo around you to dodge.

They've got patterns but they're unusual.

She shoots out direct bullets from segments and an occassional ring of bullets, these shouldn't be a problem if you keep moving and you don't need to dive past these, just find the gaps.

The tricky ones are the Snake lines and the waves.

The waves come off their body and form a wobbling line which will slowly push outwards. They're probably what's loving you up because they move at a different speed to all the other bullets
The Snake line bullets go in straight lines but when they start glowing they're about to change direction so get away from them in case they turn into you.

Also when they eat their minion segments they not only get faster and move quicker, they shoot out more bullets too. Destroying the minion segments saves you a ton of hassle if you've got a gun that can do it quickly.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.
I played this game 40 hours and just now found out you can mash to shoot faster

I feel dumb

It even works on the crossbow. You can start reloading way faster apparently, it's a huge RoF increase

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Try Potion of Gun Friendship with the crossbow, and then just mash on both fire and reload. You can get up to three shots per second, it's great.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Some weapons fire as fast as you can mash the button, especially if you can use macros for multi-clicking. The Trident, for example, chews through enemies this way.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
But not all weapons allow that. Starter gun for Marine, for example, fires at a set rate no matter how much you mash.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Zorodius posted:

You can kill individual segments during the fight. I'm not saying that you ought to aim for them specifically, but weapons that penetrate through enemies can be useful since you can damage multiple segments and hopefully take a few out.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Everytime the ammoconda eats a segment I think it gets health, a new attack, gets faster, and gets a temporary armor buff. So kill the segments if you can...

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
A couple of things:

1. Wishing a save & quit comes in soon. I currently have a game on pause at home because I'm at Dragun.
2. Playing a level 9 curse run really forces you to get good at spacing and dodging. It's a bit tedious at times, but not too bad.

Shame I couldn't get the 6 keys and 300 money for the elevator this time. I gotta do it as the Pilot.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Kuros posted:

A couple of things:

1. Wishing a save & quit comes in soon. I currently have a game on pause at home because I'm at Dragun.
2. Playing a level 9 curse run really forces you to get good at spacing and dodging. It's a bit tedious at times, but not too bad.

Shame I couldn't get the 6 keys and 300 money for the elevator this time. I gotta do it as the Pilot.

It helps to invest in a Mimic Tooth Necklace or Shelleton Key if the key vendor guy shows up early on.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
I got absolutely hosed by the rng on a recent run. 9 hearts + pig but bullet hell lasted FOREVER. Kill total was ~200 higher than it usually is when I arrive at lich. Of course 0 ammo dropped so the choice was conserving ammo in the rooms or fight lich with the pilot starter, which ended with me running through 18+ hearts total since rooms take forever to clear.

At least I got lead god.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It helps to invest in a Mimic Tooth Necklace or Shelleton Key if the key vendor guy shows up early on.

I haven't unlocked either yet. :(

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So,I tried to use the Cheat Table,but I can't check the boxes. Any advice? Or should I ask the Cheat Engine thread (if one exists)?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

VolticSurge posted:

So,I tried to use the Cheat Table,but I can't check the boxes. Any advice? Or should I ask the Cheat Engine thread (if one exists)?

You have to do the thing its cheating first. Always 5 keys? Pick up a key first.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

BexGu posted:

You have to do the thing its cheating first. Always 5 keys? Pick up a key first.

Also once you've got it hooked in and it's detected whatever you're trying to cheat it will persist until you close the game or CE. So if you do the key thing then all new runs will have infinite keys right off the bat rather than after you pick up or use one.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

VolticSurge posted:

It doesn't "hook" until you're actually in the Gungeon, probably because there's no key counter in the Breach. Alt-tab out when you enter the Gungeon and the box should let itself be checked.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jibo posted:

Also once you've got it hooked in and it's detected whatever you're trying to cheat it will persist until you close the game or CE. So if you do the key thing then all new runs will have infinite keys right off the bat rather than after you pick up or use one.

I can give you a script for infinite keys that works right out of the gate. Well, as soon as you are in the actual game, out of the breach.

http://pastebin.com/bqBa8BwW

Copy & paste the RAW Paste Data into the Cheat Engine window, then activate the new script "Player Controller Pointer", and set "Infinite Keys?" to yes. No need to use a key first.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Can cheat engine modify a run on the fly? For example forcing ammo drops if grtting screwed.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Nevvy Z posted:

Can cheat engine modify a run on the fly? For example forcing ammo drops if grtting screwed.

It's theoretically possible yes but I don't know if anyone has found/modified drop rates specifically. As it stands there are scripts for unlimited ammo that could be enabled or disabled mid run.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I personally don't use cheat engine or anything like that, but in my first run today as Hunter I did the Oubliette with no keys available in the first floor shop, no keys dropping in the Oubliette itself, the Oubliette shop behind a locked door, and the crest armor thing behind a locked door. gently caress that.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Unlock those key bypassing items people... Mimic tooth necklace from the kill mimics quest, shelleton key from stealing from shops, akey-47 from 5th floor elevator shortcut (obv the biggest pain of these...)

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The Mimic Tooth Necklace is an A tier item and the AKey usually costs 3 keys itself. The "winning" strategy for me was to not pick up any keys before I find a shop so the key spawn is guaranteed there.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
Getting an ammolet is basically rolling a critical failure on a chest

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I loving hate that blue bullet fucker shop that only sells useless ammolets. Terrible items.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
At least the Ammolets sell pretty well if you can find a grate, I think the rarer ones can fetch 50-60 casings.

FrickenMoron posted:

I loving hate that blue bullet fucker shop that only sells useless ammolets. Terrible items.
Yeah, the only two good items that guy can sell is the Elder Blank and the Owl (even if the Owl is horribly overpriced).

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Chaos Ammolet + Elder Blank happened to me today. Amazing combo.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nevvy Z posted:

Jibo posted:

It's theoretically possible yes but I don't know if anyone has found/modified drop rates specifically. As it stands there are scripts for unlimited ammo that could be enabled or disabled mid run.

http://pastebin.com/SHTJHDPB

Again, copy the RAW Paste Data and paste it into Cheat Engine. You'll get a script called "Room Reward Script" that will guarantee a random drop after clearing a room.
Not ammo specifically, but should drastically increase the chances to find ammo, obviously. You'll have to clear at least 1 room before you can activate the script, though.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
Getting the floor 2 shortcut was hard enough, but the floor 3 shortcut is just complete bullshit - getting 3 shields essentially means 'beat the first two floors without getting hit once'. it's a coinflip if i can beat the FIRST floor without getting hit once. I've gotten a no hit on the second floor /boss/ (not the whole floor) once. How have people managed to do it? By an insane fluke I just managed to get 3 shields after beating the boss on the first floor and then lost all of them in a few rooms when it started spamming really obnoxious rooms.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Wolpertinger posted:

Getting the floor 2 shortcut was hard enough, but the floor 3 shortcut is just complete bullshit - getting 3 shields essentially means 'beat the first two floors without getting hit once'. it's a coinflip if i can beat the FIRST floor without getting hit once. I've gotten a no hit on the second floor /boss/ (not the whole floor) once. How have people managed to do it? By an insane fluke I just managed to get 3 shields after beating the boss on the first floor and then lost all of them in a few rooms when it started spamming really obnoxious rooms.

Dodge the bullets better man.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

FrickenMoron posted:

They go from D tier to B to A tier if you have Table Tech Blanks.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
And to S tier if you have the compass + blank companion's ring

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Wolpertinger posted:

I got that one on like the second run after I got to that level by having the floor 2 boss drop 2 armors + buying one in the shop. You can also get the +Armor every floor items (from the Frifle quests iirc) - on the run I took down the Dragun I got one in the Keep + one in the Oubliette and it helped me like crazy.

The one that's been the biggest fucker so far for me was the four Junks for the fourth floor, I finally got that one finished a few days ago.

Kuros posted:

They go from D tier to B to A tier if you have Table Tech Blanks.

Table Tech Blanks are pretty much the only Table Tech I'll ever buy. That and the Owl are the only items that make buying Ammolets worth it imo. Whenever I get Blank Companion's Ring I never have a good active item to pair with it.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Wolpertinger posted:

If you keep playing normally you'll be guaranteed to get it at some point. Bosses frequently drop armor, you can pick up a piece of Ammoknight armor on the first two floors, and if you're going for that specifically then you can cross your fingers and hope the floor 2 merchant has a piece or two of armor to sell.

Any combination of those will eventually help you complete it if you just keep playing normally. I was able to get unlock the floor 3 elevator last week and the hardest part of it for me was the 180 caps/4 keys.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The gungine is such a good all purpose weapon that never runs out of ammo if you play it right. On top of that the movement speed increase is amazing and rate of fire that allows any bullet upgrades to make it incredibly good. From floors 3 and on the environment provides you with plenty of goop to soak up for ammo otherwise blobs, barrels, and anything that makes a pool of fire will work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

My favorite gun that is no good is the super soaker, because if there is a pit anywhere at all, every moron in the room is going in there.